All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Lote Hotelero 1, Manzana 20Condominios Playacar, Playa del CarmenQROO77710Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Delicious food
  • Beach
    Reasonable beach
    Decent vibe
"Everything great except beds are uncomfortable."
Beds are hard and pillows lumpy. Food surprisingly good for all inclusive and service was excellent. Shows at night were entertaining. Close to a great golf course and hotel provides shuttles to town and beach club. Specialty restaurants nice as well.
Other trip Jan 8, 2016
We had a great stay at Riu Lupita. The resort is small, but intimate. The location is good, and it's wonderful to have access to the other location on the beach (just a short, free shuttle ride). The rooms are okay, and like a few other people said - there is a musty, damp smell. But they're comfortable enough and the resort is small, so you're always close to everything. The food was decent and comparable to other resorts. The drinks were good, accessible, and diverse. The entertainment was good - there wasn't a lot of it, but we enjoyed everything. I also went to the spa for a pedicure and it was great - affordable, good, and friendly service. What makes this resort great, though, is the service. It was phenomenal. Every one was very friendly, personable, and helpful. We stayed 3 nights here and then 3 nights at a larger resort in Cancun, and the service really stood out at Riu Lupita. Although we expected to like the next (nicer) resort more, we like Riu Lupita better. We would choose this resort over another next time. If you are looking for a great stay, with great service, and more intimate - choose Riu Lupita.
3 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
"Nice, friendly staff"
Wasn't that close to beach had to hop on the trolley, which is fine. Asked a cleaning person for extra water & tissue, he just waved me off & said "ok, in a minute" & never got the items. Had to go to front desk, which all of their staff is nice, friendly. Also they should've told us the bracelets they give us right when we check in, is also what we need to check out. No one told us, we threw it out. We had to go back & dig thru our garbage to find them
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Irene
"Wish we had stayed longer!"
Our experience at Riu Lupita was GREAT! We enjoyed 3 days at the hotel. Had nothing but happy staff greet us, enjoyed the delicious food at the buffet every day, and enjoyed relaxing time on the beach. The only downside was the distance from the beach, but with an included bus ride to their private beach club, and included lunch and drinks and pool access, we could not complain! The hotel was in a quiet area of town, and besides the fun music performances at night, was always a relaxing, quiet and enjoyable experience. Would come back here again with friends or family. Less of a recommendation for people looking to party or meet young adults. Mostly couples and families, but still very fun! Definitely worth the savings to stay a little ways off of the beach!
3 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2015
Mackenzie
"don't go here"
First off when we arrived got our key, went to the room it wasn't even clean yet. We had to go back to the lobby to get another key to another room, keep in mind the keys are not card keys, they're like house keys. The room was okay, bathroom seemed dirty and the shower head was terrible low pressure and kept slipping off the holder. The place is tiny and everything is extremely close to each other. There was also a weird weird smell from their cleaning products. Everyday probably twice or 3x a day they would mop the floors by the pool and eating area with their cleaning products and a towel, which made the whole resort smell musty. The "snack bar" was never filled and the ice cream machine never worked. At the buffet/restaurants there is no air conditioner so you're literally eating in your own sweat. I didn't even get a chance to use my cute dresses for dinner! The food itself was blank and nothing special. There was also not a big selection to choose from. Also, the beach is not in the backyard, you need to take a 5-10 minute shuttle to get there. Overall I booked this place thinking 4 stars would be decent, but I hate to say I would rate this place 1 or 2 stars.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"nice hotel for the price"
Need to install air condition in lobby and main buffet Must have bug spray specially kids Eliminating cats tuning by pool and buffet Circulate pool water Moore often, it gets very hot by noon Over all, it is nice hotel for the price but I will not visit more than once
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Eddie
"Terrible"
the service very bad never clean our rooms de AC don't work always the same food don't have clock in the rooms hotel staff unfriendly
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
mary
"Great staff..."
Great staff, good food, the only thing that I didn't like was the hotel it's not at the beach. The price was right for a last minute trip..
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Charliebrown
"Friendly staff(Alex), nice rooms"
Had a nice vacation with my friend. The shuttles to the beach were great and on time! The cab into shopping district(5th st) was always nice and professional! Henry was an awesome tour guide for our excursion(Tulum Extreme)
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
jeanne
"Nice overall"
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. While it was a small hotel, the food was good and the atmosphere was comfortable. The only complaint was the shows
4 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Konniesha
"Average hotel"
The hotel is nice but very small and has not much to offer. One buffet and 2 restaurants by reservations. The pools get dirty fast . The entertainment is nice . The staff is very friendly. The bed is like a rock for those who like. The food is so so. Looks nice but then the stomachache comes up.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Not a beachfront hotel, but charming and relaxing"
There is a shuttle that takes you to the beach every 30 min, it's a huge bus with no AC and its schedule is difficult to go by. Did no like that at all. Loved being close to the city (the bus stops there too) and loved their beach club. Food was better than other RIU experience we had. Overall liked it a lot!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Dasha
You get what you pay for. This hotel is pleasant if you just want a home base to crash at night while you take in the sights or lounge on the beach during the day.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Not as great as before"
I feel Riu Lupita is a 3 star hotel, not 3.5 anymore. Level of service has gone down a bit. Next time I'll probably go for a higher tier resort.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Vladimir
Everything is great only we weren't able to use the wifi at all and the guy who drives the gator I'm not sure if he is a maintenance guy or a bag boy but he was very rude. Besides him the entire staff were wonderful very cheerful
Martin
"It was just okay"
The hotel stay was just okay, the staff were friendly and helpful. To be honest, if you are spending so much money on vacation, you are better off paying a little more to be directly in front of the beach. Also, the resort seemed quite abandoned and the food was not that great. Not the best but not the worst. Would definitely not go back to RIU Lupita.
Diana
it wasnt good , why would I want to write about it
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Pictures wasn't what it seemed. I didn't like the location it was in a circle with private houses.
4 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Tyesha
"N/A"
I enjoyed my time at the hotel. The staff was very attentive, friendly, and helpful to what ever me or my friend needed.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Great hotel and amenities"
I visited Playa del Carmen for a girls weekend away. Hotel is 45 minutes from the airport,and the first stop via shared shuttle service. I loved everything about this place: pools, food options and super friendly staff. We ate at all the dining options- buffet, Steak House, Mexican, snack bar, beach bar... All were great with many options to choose from. Drinks were good and minibar was a nice bonus. Definitely a great option! Down sides my room ie pointed out, shuttle to the beach which ran frequently, and I did not mind it; shower was hard to work, but it worked and we had HOT water the entire time; hotel room is the only space with AC, I also did not mind this bc it's Mexico and I knew it would be hot. I would def go back. The other Riu properties are on the beach and nicer looking from the outside but this was Def a great option.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"I will not visit againg Riu Lupita."
The pictures on the web page do not reflect the real conditions of the hotel, the standard of service is low. The rule over there is the minimmun effort, they are very good to tell you in a polite way what you ask will not be delivered. There are a waste watter plant close to the hotel at night the oddor in very bad.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Lupita
"Not a fancy hotel, priced accordingly."
I would recommend the hotel to someone who does not want to spend too much money. There is a shuttle service to the beach and to 5th street. There is nightly entertainment. The staff is really nice. The only thing i did not appreciate was that at checkout, the staff questioned me for not having the bracelet on my wrist. Apparently, i had to return the bracelet, however, i lost it somewhere. The staff member stated that he found it "strange" that i had lost it. I looked at him and told him that what was strange was that he was asking me such a dumb question. I then asked to talk to his manager and at that point he told me it was okay and that i could checkout.
Other trip May 5, 2014
monica
"Beach almost close but i preffer with beach"
Excellent and confortable, with many things to do. The people was friendly and lovely
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Our home away from home"
6th time return traveller to the Lupita. Great staff! Managed very well. We were however quite disappointed with the head office decision whereby Lupita guests can no longer visit the other RIU resorts. The mgmt were very kind and provider 3, 3 days passes to the RIU Playacar because we were caught off guard with the change and no mention of it via the travel agent we used (Expedia). The Resort seems to cater mostly to Europeans, especially eastern ones. Very few English speakers so hence, unfriendly and a bit impersonal amongst the other guests. Will likely now, after 6 straight visits to the Luputa pay the up charge and stay at either the Tequila or Playacar, so as to stay at one play at 3 option is available
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Blair
"terrible rooms and restaurants except the buffet"
Room was so ugly and outdated. Mattress was like a rock no mattress cover just sheet. Towels like cardboard. So disapointing, on the website rooms look much better but in a reality its old and stinky. Food was good . Beach was nice except you have to drive in the shuttle like fifteen min. to the beach. They have two restaurants so little menu nothing to pick. The buffet was nice good food and lots of varaities. Staff was nice except in the lobby front desk.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Abbie
"Stay at Lupita"
It is very clean and nice hotel. Food is very good and stuff very friendly.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
W. T.
"A++ great food and service"
Many things to do. Nice beach hotel. A++++++++. Dance, play vol, footb, karaoke. Etc
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
ricardo
"Really nice hotel"
The staff is excellent. I've been going for vacation for the last four years and I'll keep going. This hotel is near to every interesting place in playa del Carmen.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
sammy
"Feb. Vacation 2014 -"
All staff very friendly. The update to the main dining hall since 3 years ago was a good improvement. Nice good selection. Rooms redone with better flooring and bathroom updates very nice. The beds are still hard though. Overall, a pleasant stay in Playa Del Carmen!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Good price-quality ratio all-inclusive"
We arrived on a Saturday morning very early as we had a red eye flight from LA. However the hotel service was really nice as they allowed us to go to the pool and have meals until we got our room. We were meeting with our family and we asked to be all in the same building and they were able to suit our request, which was nice! The guys at the reception speak (at least) Spanish, English, French, they are really nice and helpful. For breakfast they have all you can eat for breakfast (sweet, salted, fruits, etc.) and lots of great drinks with fresh mixed fruits! For lunch and dinner they have salads, fish, meats, lots of side dishes, bread, fruits, cheese, desserts, ice cream, wine, beers... The restaurant was renovated last autumn and it is really well renovated with new table and chairs, modern style. The waiters and waitresses are really nice, they speak a bit english but they appreciate if you try to speak spanish. There are 2 pools, one "noisy" where there are all the animations around and one "relax" pool where it's quiet! The bar next to the "noisy" pool is great, you can order lots of different drinks and cocktails! They have a tennis court that you can rent with rackets & balls. Room was clean, big with a fridge full of drinks (sodas, water and alcohol) refilled every two days.They have a shuttle that takes you to the town & to the beach every 30 minutes. The hotel has a private beach with its own restaurant & a pool near the Riu Palace. The spa (Renova Spa) is good too
13 night family trip Dec 21, 2013
"Avoid, avoid and avoid"
Very disappointed with the food quality. The staff were not happy hence it showed in their responses to you. Don't want to elaborate much!
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Marc
"Excellent hotel"
The hotel is excellent, The staff were attentive and Engaging. You always saw a supervisor or manager wondering around Asking you how everything was going ,Would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
A
"Hotel was closed."
When we arrived at the main entrance of the hotel it was closed. We haved to looked for my reservation in other RIU at playa del Carmen. We didn't recibe any mail about the chance of my reservation and location. We went to RIU Tequila. Before that all was very good.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
elena
Always very good service, great meals and drinks! And a super mexican Independence Day Celebration night !
3 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Third time spending Holiday at the Riu Lupita"
Fabulous, safe wonderful hotel! Being all inclusive, it was wonderful with the children being 13, 9 and 5 years old. They would go off for breakfast in the morning, belly up the the Tequila bar and get their frozen drinks. They had a great time as did we.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Good location if you want to be near the city. $7 cab ride to 5th avenue, where you can do all of your bargain shopping. You aren't by the beach but there is a shuttle that comes every 30 minutes for free that takes you to Riu Palace which is the entrance to the Lupita Beach club. There you can eat, drink, enjoy the pool and the beach. it's literally a 5 minute shuttle ride. The rooms were clean. The pools were clean. The food buffets were decent food. We made reservations at the restaurant our last night and it was pretty good food and they were fast getting the food out. If I had to complain about anything it would be the mattress, which was hard as a rock. However, before booking this resort I read about 50 other hotel reviews and ALL reviews mentioned that their mattresses were hard throughout Playa Del Carmen!! The staff were excellent in all of our needs and very friendly. Each night for dinner they would have a show or entertainment of some sort. Overall it was a wonderful experience and we would definitely visit again.
3 night trip May 15, 2013
Randa
"The bartenders Carlos and Raul are the best!!!!!!"
The bartenders Carlos and Raul are the best!!!!! Ask them to surprise you with a drink and they'll make these awesome drinks for you!!!
Other trip May 18, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Very comfy, appropriate amenites, good price"
A pleasant all inclusive stay. I was attending a conference at another Riu hotel not far from Lupita. The room was very comfortable with all the amenities except that some plug points did not work. The waiters at the restaurant were exceptional and the restaurant was clean with the tables well laid out. There was a variety of food, catering for all tastes. As a bonus free transport was available to the beaches and downtown.
6 night business trip May 24, 2015
Ahmed
ZA

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"ESTE HOTEL REALMENTE TIENE ESTRELLAS DE MAS"
no soy una persona de criticar duramente ni lo voy a hacer pero creo a mi entender despues de haber recorrido varios all inclusive este es el de menor categoria creo seguramente que es casi un 4 estrellas . me hospede 15 dias y lo peor fue la animacion en el hotel y en la playa . Son experiencias que uno va capitalizando para el futuro. Esperon sigan superandose
14 night family trip Feb 9, 2016
ALBERTO SERGIO
AR
"Hotel con la mejor playa"
Excelente hotel muy huen servicio, hotel restaurante piscinas bar. Comento que esta lejos de la playa pero cuentan con buen servicio de transporte gratuito, me he hospedado en varios hoteles y definitivamente es uno de los que tiene mejor playa
4 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
Jose Juan
"Buena opcion para descansar, lejos de la playa"
No sabia que no daban factura si reservas por medio de expedia, lo cual fue desagradable porque menciona en la reservación impuestos, esto quiere decir que no pagan impuestos, no se si expedia o el hotel, en fin reconsiderare hacer mis reservaciones por expedia.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Alan
MX
"Hay mejores hoteles por el mismo precio"
Es un hotel bonito pero la atención a los mexicanos deja mucho q desear, los horarios de desayuno terminan a las 10:30 lo cual es absurdo si vas de vacaciones, no te cambian toallas aunq estén empapadas solo te dan una al día, el cuarto no servía el control de la tv, focos fundidos y el agua fría no salía en general esta bien pero tienen q cuidar los detalles. Su club de playa las bebidas no son de la misma calidad q el hotel y la transportación no cumple los horarios, nos tuvieron 15 min arriba del camión esperando q el chofer acabará de fumar para podernos ir
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
Munir
"El hotel excelente"
Los alimentos muy bien y variados, el hotel en general excelente, lastima que la playa este muy retirada pero tiene transporte.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Bernardo
"buen descamso"
Muy cómodo, buena atención en todo, lo que si el que no conoce playacar se pierde un poco en llegar, pedir bien la dirección
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
TRAISY MARGARITA
MX
"Hotel bonito, cuenta con todo lo indispensable."
Excelente lugar y a buen precio para descansar unos días y pasarla bien, muy rico el buffete y el personal muy atento, el club de playa muy agradable. Recomendado.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
Fernando
"Decepcionante."
Fué una estancia llena de sinsabores. La comida de muy mala calidad y poca variedad, la alberca principal estaba muy sucia, la gente no respeta los letreros de no fumar en las áreas públicas y cerradas como lo marca la Ley y nadie del hotel hace nada por impedirlo. Los meseros del Steak House Cozumel con una pésima actitud de servicio. Pedí un rib eye témino medio y me lo trajeron bien cocido y cuando le dije al mesero que yo no lo había pedido así su respuesta fué "así lo pidió" se dió la vuelta y se fué. Los acompañamientos de los platos en la cena sin buen sazón, no combinan adecuadamente con el plato principal, la verdad muy malos cocineros en el hotel. La habitación, eran cerca de las 6 de la tarde y aún no estaba hecha, tuve que ir por la camarera y pedirle que hiciera la habitación. Son muchos detalles los que deben cuidarse en un hotel "supuestamente" de 5 estrellas. Si su gerente no está capacitado para cuidar de esos detalles mejor que renuncie y busque trabajo en otro sitio. Todo el hotel luce viejo y descuidado. La habitación muy deteriorada y no solo la habitación sino el hotel en general. La máquina de helados del snack bar luce descuidada. Le serví a mi hija un helado de vainilla y al probarlo no sabía a nada, se lo cambié por uno de chocolate y estaba agrio. La comida del snack bar feísima, la carne de las hamburguesas seca, nada apetitosa. En fin, un hotel al que no te quedan ganas de regresar. Muy caro y muy malo para lo que realmente es.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Luis E.
MX
Me gusto mi estanCia en el Hotel,el servicio y la comida estuvo perfecto ,gracias Rui Lupita
3 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
manuel r
MX
Ya en casa y extrañando mucho todo
5 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
NIDIA
"Muy buen Hotel"
Muy bien, muy bonito el hotel un servicio excelente, cuando llegamos todo estaba listo, muy puntuales, la habitacion muy comoda, realmente solo tenemos comentarios positivos. Excelente atención.
5 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
LUISA FERNANDA
CO
Las habitaciones muy bien, las piletas bien y los restaurantes recomiendo solo el Buffet, ya que los restaurantes con reserva (uno de comida mexicana y otro de grill) y el snack bar dejan mucho que desear. El bar de tragos tanto en el hotel como en el club de playa muy bien.
9 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015