All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereLote Hotelero 1, Manzana 20, Condominios Playacar, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

You get what you pay for. This hotel is pleasant if you just want a home base to crash at night while you take in the sights or lounge on the beach during the day.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Not as great as before"
I feel Riu Lupita is a 3 star hotel, not 3.5 anymore. Level of service has gone down a bit. Next time I'll probably go for a higher tier resort.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Vladimir
Everything is great only we weren't able to use the wifi at all and the guy who drives the gator I'm not sure if he is a maintenance guy or a bag boy but he was very rude. Besides him the entire staff were wonderful very cheerful
Martin
"It was just okay"
The hotel stay was just okay, the staff were friendly and helpful. To be honest, if you are spending so much money on vacation, you are better off paying a little more to be directly in front of the beach. Also, the resort seemed quite abandoned and the food was not that great. Not the best but not the worst. Would definitely not go back to RIU Lupita.
Diana
it wasnt good , why would I want to write about it
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Pictures wasn't what it seemed. I didn't like the location it was in a circle with private houses.
4 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Tyesha
"N/A"
I enjoyed my time at the hotel. The staff was very attentive, friendly, and helpful to what ever me or my friend needed.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Great hotel and amenities"
I visited Playa del Carmen for a girls weekend away. Hotel is 45 minutes from the airport,and the first stop via shared shuttle service. I loved everything about this place: pools, food options and super friendly staff. We ate at all the dining options- buffet, Steak House, Mexican, snack bar, beach bar... All were great with many options to choose from. Drinks were good and minibar was a nice bonus. Definitely a great option! Down sides my room ie pointed out, shuttle to the beach which ran frequently, and I did not mind it; shower was hard to work, but it worked and we had HOT water the entire time; hotel room is the only space with AC, I also did not mind this bc it's Mexico and I knew it would be hot. I would def go back. The other Riu properties are on the beach and nicer looking from the outside but this was Def a great option.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"I will not visit againg Riu Lupita."
The pictures on the web page do not reflect the real conditions of the hotel, the standard of service is low. The rule over there is the minimmun effort, they are very good to tell you in a polite way what you ask will not be delivered. There are a waste watter plant close to the hotel at night the oddor in very bad.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Lupita
"Not a fancy hotel, priced accordingly."
I would recommend the hotel to someone who does not want to spend too much money. There is a shuttle service to the beach and to 5th street. There is nightly entertainment. The staff is really nice. The only thing i did not appreciate was that at checkout, the staff questioned me for not having the bracelet on my wrist. Apparently, i had to return the bracelet, however, i lost it somewhere. The staff member stated that he found it "strange" that i had lost it. I looked at him and told him that what was strange was that he was asking me such a dumb question. I then asked to talk to his manager and at that point he told me it was okay and that i could checkout.
Other trip May 5, 2014
monica
"Beach almost close but i preffer with beach"
Excellent and confortable, with many things to do. The people was friendly and lovely
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Our home away from home"
6th time return traveller to the Lupita. Great staff! Managed very well. We were however quite disappointed with the head office decision whereby Lupita guests can no longer visit the other RIU resorts. The mgmt were very kind and provider 3, 3 days passes to the RIU Playacar because we were caught off guard with the change and no mention of it via the travel agent we used (Expedia). The Resort seems to cater mostly to Europeans, especially eastern ones. Very few English speakers so hence, unfriendly and a bit impersonal amongst the other guests. Will likely now, after 6 straight visits to the Luputa pay the up charge and stay at either the Tequila or Playacar, so as to stay at one play at 3 option is available
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Blair
"terrible rooms and restaurants except the buffet"
Room was so ugly and outdated. Mattress was like a rock no mattress cover just sheet. Towels like cardboard. So disapointing, on the website rooms look much better but in a reality its old and stinky. Food was good . Beach was nice except you have to drive in the shuttle like fifteen min. to the beach. They have two restaurants so little menu nothing to pick. The buffet was nice good food and lots of varaities. Staff was nice except in the lobby front desk.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Abbie
"Stay at Lupita"
It is very clean and nice hotel. Food is very good and stuff very friendly.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
W. T.
"A++ great food and service"
Many things to do. Nice beach hotel. A++++++++. Dance, play vol, footb, karaoke. Etc
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
ricardo
"Really nice hotel"
The staff is excellent. I've been going for vacation for the last four years and I'll keep going. This hotel is near to every interesting place in playa del Carmen.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
sammy
"Feb. Vacation 2014 -"
All staff very friendly. The update to the main dining hall since 3 years ago was a good improvement. Nice good selection. Rooms redone with better flooring and bathroom updates very nice. The beds are still hard though. Overall, a pleasant stay in Playa Del Carmen!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Good price-quality ratio all-inclusive"
We arrived on a Saturday morning very early as we had a red eye flight from LA. However the hotel service was really nice as they allowed us to go to the pool and have meals until we got our room. We were meeting with our family and we asked to be all in the same building and they were able to suit our request, which was nice! The guys at the reception speak (at least) Spanish, English, French, they are really nice and helpful. For breakfast they have all you can eat for breakfast (sweet, salted, fruits, etc.) and lots of great drinks with fresh mixed fruits! For lunch and dinner they have salads, fish, meats, lots of side dishes, bread, fruits, cheese, desserts, ice cream, wine, beers... The restaurant was renovated last autumn and it is really well renovated with new table and chairs, modern style. The waiters and waitresses are really nice, they speak a bit english but they appreciate if you try to speak spanish. There are 2 pools, one "noisy" where there are all the animations around and one "relax" pool where it's quiet! The bar next to the "noisy" pool is great, you can order lots of different drinks and cocktails! They have a tennis court that you can rent with rackets & balls. Room was clean, big with a fridge full of drinks (sodas, water and alcohol) refilled every two days.They have a shuttle that takes you to the town & to the beach every 30 minutes. The hotel has a private beach with its own restaurant & a pool near the Riu Palace. The spa (Renova Spa) is good too
13 night family trip Dec 21, 2013
"Avoid, avoid and avoid"
Very disappointed with the food quality. The staff were not happy hence it showed in their responses to you. Don't want to elaborate much!
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Marc
"Excellent hotel"
The hotel is excellent, The staff were attentive and Engaging. You always saw a supervisor or manager wondering around Asking you how everything was going ,Would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
A
"Hotel was closed."
When we arrived at the main entrance of the hotel it was closed. We haved to looked for my reservation in other RIU at playa del Carmen. We didn't recibe any mail about the chance of my reservation and location. We went to RIU Tequila. Before that all was very good.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
elena
Always very good service, great meals and drinks! And a super mexican Independence Day Celebration night !
3 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Third time spending Holiday at the Riu Lupita"
Fabulous, safe wonderful hotel! Being all inclusive, it was wonderful with the children being 13, 9 and 5 years old. They would go off for breakfast in the morning, belly up the the Tequila bar and get their frozen drinks. They had a great time as did we.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Good location if you want to be near the city. $7 cab ride to 5th avenue, where you can do all of your bargain shopping. You aren't by the beach but there is a shuttle that comes every 30 minutes for free that takes you to Riu Palace which is the entrance to the Lupita Beach club. There you can eat, drink, enjoy the pool and the beach. it's literally a 5 minute shuttle ride. The rooms were clean. The pools were clean. The food buffets were decent food. We made reservations at the restaurant our last night and it was pretty good food and they were fast getting the food out. If I had to complain about anything it would be the mattress, which was hard as a rock. However, before booking this resort I read about 50 other hotel reviews and ALL reviews mentioned that their mattresses were hard throughout Playa Del Carmen!! The staff were excellent in all of our needs and very friendly. Each night for dinner they would have a show or entertainment of some sort. Overall it was a wonderful experience and we would definitely visit again.
3 night trip May 15, 2013
Randa
"The bartenders Carlos and Raul are the best!!!!!!"
The bartenders Carlos and Raul are the best!!!!! Ask them to surprise you with a drink and they'll make these awesome drinks for you!!!
Other trip May 18, 2013
"Riu Lupita"
The hotel is mostly geared towards families, not enough bars. The beach is not located at the property itself. The food was good. Excellent service by the staff.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
Alvin
"Great customer service"
I've stayed at several other all-inclusive resorts in Playa Del Carmen. Riu Lupita is relatively smaller than the others. However, they make up for this. There is a shuttle to their beach club which stops at 5th avenue every 30mins. Internet is free (90mins a day), other places charge a lot for access. Food was good. Drinks were good; especially since the beer was dos equis (XX). The minibar in the room was an actual minibar. Minifridge was stocked and there was a bottle of rum, tequila, gin and vodka in the rooms. I've stayed at other places where the minifridge just has one bottle of water and one soda; with no other drinks. the staff was really friendly and genuinely tried to make us happy. Julie was wonderful and even reserved the restaurant for our group.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
andy
"Their is nothing in a name."
The question is why would a corporation like RIU with such a good reputation for such high standards keep a place like the Lapita in their crown. Mercedes never built a K car. They built high quality cars and established a name for themselves. Riu, according to my last 6 stays at RIU's other locations, had done the same as Mercedes- or so I thought. It does this corporation no good to keep a 2 star like Lapita in the crown. From the food quality and selection, location, rooms, unilingual staff and the grounds all about the Lapita is that it is "OK" that is it. It tarnishes the RIU reputation by having sub standard properties. They should sell it off to "Beaches" or Sandals or some 3 star group. From a marketing and corporate analysis I am at a loss as to why RIU keeps their name of on this property?????
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Bruce
"Stay away from Riu."
The food was awful, I was sick the second nite there. Drinks were very bad tasting, I could drink only whiskey on ice. Forget about the bar in the room no ice and the rum, gin, and vodka were generic and tasted so bad we did not touch it. we tried the two other resorts owned by Riu and they were pretty sad also. We had to go to town to find decent food. All inclusive is a trick with this company to lure you in, birds and wild animals come into the dining area as your are eating. Lost 8 lbs. at an all inclusive resort, How about that.
Other trip Dec 10, 2012
Jack
"OK"
Riu Lupita is just ok. My wife and I stayed there for about 5 days, but all we really needed the hotel for was for sleeping and occasional dining. We would leave the hotel after breakfast daily to undertake excursions in the surrounding areas and Cancun. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was hit or miss (more misses than hits). At one point we abandoned lunch, hopped in a taxi to a sushi spot on 5th Ave. Although we knew we had access to the other nicer and bigger nearby Rius, we never had time nor cared to take advantage of that. We weren't there for the hotels. But all and all Riu was okay for our purpose.
4 night romance trip Nov 6, 2012
Goyo
"great if youre on a budget"
Stayed here for only 2 nights, and although it is the least fancy of the other Riu hotels in the area, it is also the cheapest, so it makes sense. If you're trying to save money I would stay here because as a guest of Riu Lupita, you get access to use the facilities at the other fancier Rius, Tequila, Playacar and yucatan, which are all within walking distance, or a short shuttle bus drive. Playacar and yucatan have nicer, less crowded pools and have access to the beach , which is very nice and clean. you can also get drinks, breakfast and/or lunch at any of the 4 (Just not the Riu palace). The snack bar was okay, can hold you over till the next meal, and the buffet is better. nothing extrodinary, but good. I liked the breakfast buffet more than the dinner buffet. All the staff is super friendly and work hard to serve you, especially the bartenders and servers. The bed was a little hard, but not enough to disturb your sleep, plenty of alcohol/drinks in the mini fridge.
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
lo
"very missleading"
The food was terrible i am not a drinker and i can tell you this the alcohol was watered down big time.
Other trip Sep 8, 2012
peppe
"The real thing"
Excelent food and service.....need to improove the AC. also the water cutted some times, the WIFi wireless to week couldn't connect my phone wireless from the room only on the reception. No parking available some times.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
Julio
"Good times"
The Lupita is very small. If you want a relaxing and quaint resort this is the one for you. I got the sense that they know and understand they are so small in compairison to the other Riu's in the area and had to step it up with the food and entertainment. The food was GREAT! And there was tons of entertainment. The bus to the beach is a short ride. Also the ability to go to the other Riu's is a great plus.
Other trip Aug 5, 2012
"nice but boring"
Nice rooms. Good food. Friendly hotel staff. Hotel is Very isolated and no excitement in the evenings. On site disco and theatre entertainment are a joke. Would pay a little more next time to stay in one of the other riu hotels nearby.
Other trip Jun 4, 2012
marshall

"Great start to our holiday!"
Loved starting our holiday at Riu Lupita. All the staff were fab, the food was great and it was really clean and well looked after. Not sure it would have been my cup of tea for more than the three days we were there, but we were travelling round quite a bit and the hotel was obviously geared towards families. There was a great kids club and the show every night was entertaining - I've never seen staff who work so hard! Would definitely recommend to friends, especially those with children. Cheers for getting our holiday off to a fab start - it was quite tough when we realised that for the rest of our stay we'd actually have to start paying for food and drink!!
Other trip Jul 23, 2012

"Excelentes vacaciones familiares"
Excelente relación precio-servicio recibido la atención de los empleados siempre muy atentos,el club de playa excelente. Quizá es un poco incomodo con niños pequeños el tener que usar el transporte para ir a la playa y regresar al hotel, pero por el ahorro con respecto a los hoteles en playa creo que lo vale.
5 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"Diez puntos"
Excelente. La limpieza,los servicios, la comida y todos sus empleados del primero al último te hacen sentir siempre comodos. Sin dudas volveriamos. Lo unico que cambiaria seria en el club de playa la parte de la barra, esta muy lejos de las reposeras para tomar sol,y a veces es molesto tener que ir a cada rato para los que nos gusta beber y a su vez estar bajo el sol.
10 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
maria florencia
AR
"hôtel familial,"
Hôtel calme, avec un personnel très accueillant et toujours à votre écoute. Petit bloc avec 12 chambres. C'est notre dixième sejour dans cet établissement et nous y revenons toujours avec le même plaisir. Il n'est pas près de la plage mais il y a une navette avec des rotations fréquentes, ce qui est agréable et sympathique. Vivement l'année prochaine.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Ayme
FR
"Muy bueno"
En general es un hotel muy lindo, preparado para atender a turistas de todo el mundo. El personal muy atento, la comida variada y muy bien servida, el club de playa muy completo y la zona de playa espectacular. Lamentablemente el hotel no tiene salida al mar y se debe ir en bus, sin embargo son a penas 10 min de viaje (para ir caminando se hace largo); además el hotel está al lado de un club de golf con un lago que emana muy mal olor por las noches (ver que la habitación no esté cerca), por suerte no fue nuestro caso. La habitación que nos tocó fue muy cómoda, tal cual se ve en las fotos, con caja de seguridad, aire acondicionado, etc.Otra desventaja fue la poca disponibilidad de wifi gratuito (sólo 90 min al día de corrido desde que ingresa al sistema) y que no se podía visitar los demás hoteles RIU cuando se está hospedado en el Lupita =(
5 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Florencia
AR
C'est la seconde fois que nous allons dans le même hotel. c'est toujours aussi agréable. Il ne faut pas aller là bas pour l'animation.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Yannick
FR
"No me agrado el servicio"
El hotel no abarco mis expectativas para estar situado en playa del Carmen !
7 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
Jesús Eduardo
MX
"Maravillosa Navidad en Playa del Carmen"
Pasamos una semana maravillosa en este hotel, dentro del complejo Playacar que es increíble, cerca de Playa del Carmen, si bien no tiene playa privada tiene un club de playa estupendo. Las habitaciones algo antiguas, ya merecen remodelación, pero en buen estado y con buen mantenimiento. La comida, pues aquí si hubo opiniones divididas en la familia, para algunos fantástica, para otros algo hacía falta. La verdad a mi me pareció adecuada al precio pagado, no esperaba una comida fuera de lo normal, pero eso sí fue muy variada y muchos de los platos exquisitos, otros no tanto, pero bueno, es de gustos.El licor de regular calidad, pero como poco bebemos en la familia esto no fue problema, un par de cocteles están bien, la cerveza XX buenísima. En general nos gustó el hotel y ya planeamos regresar, nos han quedado por hacer muchas cosas en la zona!! Lo mejor de este hotel es que todos los empleados, sin excepción, te miran a los ojos, te sonríen y te preguntan ¿Está bien señor? eso fue único!!! 100% recomendado.
7 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
Willian
"Calificacion"
En general el hotel es bueno, la comida es deliciosa
6 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
Ana M
CO
"Me lapasé genial!!!!!"
Increíble, súper recomendado
5 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
cecilia
"BUENO PARA EL PRECIO"
EN GENERAL BIEN LAS INSTALACIONES ESTAN BUENAS, LA COMIDA BIEN, LAS HABITACIONES LIMPIAS PERO CON OLOR A HUMEDAD,LOS SERVICIOS Y DEMAS BUENOS, YO SI RECOMENFARIA ESTE HOTEL PORQUE EL VALOR PAGADO ESTA ACORDE A LO RECIBIDO
4 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
HENRRY
EC
"EXELENTE"
LO DISFRUTE MUY BIEN RECOMENDAMOS VISITEN ES HERMOSO
4 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
FABIO
EC
"Excelente hotel para descansar con entretenimiento"
Fui a este hotel motivo de mi despedida de soltero. Es un excelente hotel, cómodo, agradable ambiente, muy buena comida y variedad de platillos. En general el personal es muy amable y con buena actitud. Buenos shows y amenidades. Mi única queja es que no tienen físicamente un centro de internet disponible, ni para huespedes, ni para el mismo hotel. Aunque uno se puede conectar en el loby y en el bar Tequila. Y otro pequeño problema es que la Playa está retirada, por lo tanto hay que tomar un autobus.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
MX
"Muy mal servicio de meseros y bartenders."
EL SERVICIO AL LLEGAR FUE MUY BUENO SOLO EN LA RECEPCION.PERO, ES UNA LASTIMA QUE POR ALGUNOS EMPLEADOS DE BAR Y RESTAURANTE NO CONSIDERE VOLVER A ESE HOTEL. TRATAN A LA GENTE COMO SI NOS HICIERAN UN FAVOR AL ATENDERNOS. SUPONGO QUE TIENE MUCHO QUE VER EL HECHO DE QUE POR SER TODO INCLUIDO Y LA MAYORIA DE LA GENTE NO DEJA PROPINAS NO SIENTEN QUE SE TENGAN QUE ESFORZAR POR DAR UN BUEN TRATO YA QUE IGUAL NO VAN A RECIBIR NADA. SE LES OLVIDA QUE TIENEN SUELDO. EL HOTEL Y SUS INSTALACIONES NO ESTAN MAL PERO LA COMIDA TAMBIEN DEJO MUCHO QUE DESEAR.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
MX
"Es un hotel muy comodo."
es muy cómodo para descansar, y a pesar que se tiene que tomar un trasporte para ir a la playa, es conveniente ya que se disfruta bastante la experiencia, aunque el personal podría ser más amable.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014