All hotels in Carson City, Nevada, United States of America
2171 E. William StreetCarson CityNV89701United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Delicious food
    Rather comfortable
    Clean
    Ordinary amenities
"Good value, nice, clean, thin walls."
Greeted by friendly and helpful staff. Was given free breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Room was nice and large and clean. Uncomfortably tried to sleep while people in the room next door went at it. It was as if there was no wall between us. Also, in spite of the fact that every room I saw was non-smoking, the hallway smelled very strongly of cigarettes. It is adjacent to a casino, but the hallway was much stronger smelling than the casino.
1 night family trip Mar 23, 2016
"Worth a try"
The stay was enjoyable and the desk staff, helpful and friendly. The cleaning staff was quiet and did their best not to be in the way. The restaurants were adequate.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
"Twenty mile hike."
We checked in at 2:23pm and were given our keys. We were told to go to the 2nd floor by one elevator walk the full lrngth of the 2 story wing, turn left to walk the full length of the 2nd floor in the three story wing, go up the elevator to the third floor. Once on the 3rd floor we had to walk the full length of the third floor to our room. The hotel was in the process of remodeling the first floors in both buildings. With a bad back, I was limited by how much walking I could do without sitting down to rest, but there were no benches or chairs in these long hallways to use. The shower bar on the glass tub enclosure kept falling off, leaving nothing to stabilize yourself getting into the shower. I informed the front desk early in the morning of the shower handle and we left the hotel until 7:00pm. When we returned,and found the handle was not repaired. I spoke to the desk again on the way to the restaurant for dinner, and they informed me that mantinance was not allowed to go into a room that is occupied ??? When I questioned further, "when will it be fixed", I was told "tomorrow"??? When we returned to the room later that night, the handle was rassembled. I went to use the shower that night and as soon as I touched the handle it came apart again. I gave up after the last breakage. I will find another hotel for our next visit.
4 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
"Will return"
My friend and I were very pleased with the accommodations. The staff were very courteous, helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and great to have small refrigerator for cold drinks. We would definitely return if we have another occasion to attend to in Carson City.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
When we arrived we had to wait so long to be helped, then check-in was quick enough. The main complaint was the smoke smell everywhere....everywhere.Also there were no shows on Monday (our only day to be there). Boo Hoo! The Grill did a good job with food, thankfully.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Beverly
"Plesently Suprised"
Very nice large room with modern decor, very nice large bathroom also. Great room for the price.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2015
"Nice hotel and very easy to find."
The staff was excellent. We had a wonderful room. We also enjoyed a nice meal at the Grille. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone and would definately stay again.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Deb
The hotel personel were very friendly, but the stench of cigarettes was horrible! Especially when one walks into the hotel lobby and casino. We also found the hallways to be extemely narrow.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2015
Marguerite
"Great atsmopher and Great STAFF!"
The night time auditor was a bit odd and she beat to her own drum, but I had a great stay. Great promotion for free breakfast. Single King room very large, with a nice restroom. Won a nice and fair amount in the casino too. Staff very accommodating, and friendly. Place was quite and safe at all times and hours of the day. Freeway close to place, but they play great music in the paring lot, so you can't hear the freeway.
2 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Wonderful hotel"
Excellent hotel, very interstate friendly and very centrally located. Very friendly staff.
3 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
EDWARD
Very pleasant stay. Would stay there again. Room was clean.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Debbie
"Just passing thru"
Enjoyed a day/evening stay. Chose the free breakfast and it was filling (not to mention good), I had the pancakes and eggs -- wife had the bacon and eggs. Both thought it was very good.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
We were very disappointed in the food and customer service. The free breakfast was very poor and at first we were put in a room with no refrigerator or microwave. When we explained that we had medication that needed to be refrigerated and the clerk was rude.
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Geraldine
"Great place to stay !!"
This motel was everything I expected located in a great place felt very safe there as a single woman traveling alone. I would definitely recommend it to friends and I would stay there again
3 night trip Jun 21, 2015
"Carson City Playtime"
Great employees!
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"My Favorite Hotel in Carson City"
Always a nice stay at the Gold Dust West. It's a pleasant casino hotel with a couple of different places to eat and near the Carson City Airport and industrial park. They seem to have resolved the issue with cigarette smoke making its way from the casino to the room area of the hotel which makes it an even better place to stay.
5 night business trip May 17, 2015
"The perfect place to stay in Carson City"
Great comfortable stay in Carson City . Modern clean rooms with comfortable bedding. The casino is fun and a pint of micro brew for $3.00 . The servers were all super friendly and there were many people there that seemed to be return customers. Breakfast is included and is your choice of a hot breakfast served in the restaurant. Look no further .This is the place !
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
The hotel staff was very nice. The front desk check in was very quick. The room was clean and quiet. There was a lot of room in the room. The bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Judy
"Great place to stay in Carson City, NV"
This is the second time I stayed here. Beds are most comfortable. Great complimentary breakfast. Definitely would stay again!
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Laurie A
"Quick Business Trip to Carson City"
I have stayed with the Gold Dust West for several years - they are always improving. Staff was kind, considerate, brave, thrifty, clean and helpful. Everything was taken care of - the room was beautiful and sparkling. There may be more expensive properties, but I will always choose Gold Dust West when I have to stay in Carson City!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
The Sheep Lady
Have stayed at this hotel for the last 3 years on our way home from California, and it is excellent! The free breakfast they give you in the restruant is great, and the staff very friendly!
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
"Very friendly and helpful staff."
So pleasant I won't stay anywhere else with future visits.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Great place to stay. Ventilation needs work."
One of the better places to stay in Carson City. The hotel is comprised of an older section and newer section. I would say the rooms in the newer section is where you want to stay. The one big downside of the hotel is that the whole place smells of cigarette smoke. It seems like the ventilation system is unbalanced and smoke moves from the casino to the rest of the hotel. This causes even non-smoking rooms to smell like cigarettes.
12 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
We had wonderful customer service, even though the hotel has a non smoking policy the whole hotel smelled of cigarette smoke even in our room it was very heavy. And the whole hotel lookes dark and dated, also the rooms on the website do not match what was advertised. But the food in cafe ole ole was excellent.
3 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
Suzy
"Good place to stay"
The room was very clean with all necessary items functioning. The housekeeping staff were friendly and efficient. We only stayed one night, but was very comfortable. I would definately reccomend this hotel - not a four or five star place - but a comfortable, affordable place that takes care of overnight needs.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Great staff nice room and free breakfast. Nice casino and not to smoky.
"Hotel is close to downtown Carson City and the Cap"
A very fine spacious and clean room. Plenty of towels in the bath area. Shower was large and easy access. Took a little longer for the water to get hot than what I like. Shower had a nice corner bench in it which would aid someone that may be handicapped for washing and drying.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Gold Dust West"
Most of the reviews that I read about the Gold Dust are true. Everything about this place is well above average except the price which was lower than average. The downfall is the connection to the casino. The cigarette smoke permeates the hotel because they are connected at the check in desk. The restaurants are located at the far end of the casino so you are forced to walk through the casino to eat. The cigarette smoke is not so prevalent in the hallways or the rooms but by the time you eat dinner it's clinging to your clothing and taken into your room. The Ole Ole Mexican restaurant has great Mexican food and the Cadillac margarita was very good. The free breakfast at The Grille Cafe was also very good but again you have to walk through the casino to eat. Being from California and not used to the smoke it was somewhat annoying. I stayed here on business. If I had brought my wife for a personal trip I would never had heard the end of the smoke issue. With the technology of commercial grade air recyclers available today this problem could be corrected.
2 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"GET AWAY"
HAD A GREAT TIME
1 night trip Dec 29, 2014
"Clean room"
We weren't sure what to expect after reading other posts about smoke smell in the rooms, but we didn't notice that at all. We stayed in a non-smoking room that was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and the food in the casino was good. Would stay again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
wendy
"greeeeeeeeat"
had a great experience
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
robert
"Too smokey"
The cigarette smoke permeated most of the hotel and into the rooms. Had to move rooms to 3rd floor which helped. Other than that the hotel was good. Staff was nice.
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"Gold Dust Carson City"
It was great but they need room service and PPV movies. Gambling is fun. Room was very nice.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Charla
Very good. very good, very good, very good, very good.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Nice Time at Gold Dust"
The only issue was the heavy smoke smell permeating through our room, although the room doors All stated they were mon smoking.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Would stay again, but not on second floor"
New clean room. Quiet, yet close to highway. Free breakfast, not a standard "buffet" style. Easy access to downtown. Due to smoking allowed in Casino, our room on the second floor smelled of smoke. Would suggest 3rd floor or higher, if cigarette smoke is a bother for you.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Mary-jo
"Nice quiet place with casino"
A nice place with a casino and two restaurants on site.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Smokey...but okay"
We asked for...and "I think" got a no smoking room. But the room still smelled of smoke. I don't think it was because someone had smoked in it previously...I just think the fact that there is smoking in the casino allows smoke to filter into the rooms. Our stay was okay...the breakfast included was good...just would have been more enjoyable if there wasn't the constant smell of smoke everywhere.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Winnie
"Smoky Lobby pulls down ratings."
With the motel and casino lobby being one of the same, the person renting a room gets hit heavily by the smoke from the casino.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
The room was very nice. Being a non smoker I wished there had been a divider between check-in and the casino. As soon as you walk into the hotel you are smelling cigarettes. Fortunately the rooms don't smell like smoke. We were on the lower level and I was pleased by this.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Melissa Walker
"You know you're in Nevada all right..."
I chose the Gold Dust West because of the ratings here on Hotels.com. Got great ratings, good price, and I booked it. However, my top warning: if you are at all sensitive to cigarette smoke, this isn't the place for you, as even though the hotel is either completely or partially non-smoking, it doesn't matter. You smell it - everywhere. The hotel is connected to their mid-sized casino, and the smell of stale cigarette smoke permeates the entire place, and our room was far from the casino. We opened the window and had the exterior fan running continually, but it was still there. -- That said, the hotel was convenient, the bed quite comfortable, and the amenities good. We ate breakfast there as part of the room, and it was a real breakfast. I'd easily give the hotel four stars . . . if it wasn't for the smell of cigarettes. But this is Nevada, after all . . .
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Lee
Make entire casino non-smoking.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
DB
"very pleased"
The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Everything worked like it was suppose to. Staff was very friendly, and helpful.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
The staff very friendly and helpful the hotel close to the freeway. The 24 hour resturant and rel plus. The staff in the coffee shop very nice and efficient. the casino was nice and clean and all the machines kept most of my lomey lol. I would recomend this hotel and I will stay there again.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
carol
"Little casino"
The whole place, even the non-smoking rooms smells like smoke.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"good price"
stayed here for the great rate - definitely wouldn't have paid the hotel's reservation site "best" rate. the room was clean, beds comfortable, and the staff was great, but i forgot that casinos allow smoking -- and even in the non-smoking rooms, you can't escape that smell
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Absolute clean nice comfortable rooms. Casino is nice and very friendly. Very close to downtown Carson ( 1 mile) or Virginia City (about 10 miles). Rooms are large, very comfortable beds. Excellent service. These people, as all in Carson City, are there to make you happy and they all seem to like their jobs. In room coffee, as well as always out by the desk whenever you want to just sit and relax. Large beautiful bathrooms that seem more like home than a Motel room. Lots of cupboard storage. Extremely clean. All casino games, and sports book. We got free breakfast every morning. Not talking a piece of bread and a doughnut here. Bacon , eggs, hash browns, coffee, toast in their cafe which is open 24/7. Very good food.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"at the hub"
The hotel was at the perfect location. It was a short drive to Virginia City for a day-outing and a few miles into the center of town. The front desk was able to go on-line and look-up information to answer some of my travel inquiries.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"just have everything you need right off the freway"
best soaps and shampoo lotion I felt like heaven the showers where far the best 2 people in one shower stand in or sit down .... beds are nice tv flat screen are to..... blackjack tables everyone was friendly they all no your name before I can say hi ... just feels like home bowling is nice things to do with the kids ....parking can be tuff at times ..... I think the need another level..... pool could be bigger maybe water slide or kiddy pool
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
cmc
"Best of Surrounding Area Accommodations"
The front desk staff was quick, clear and courteous. They also extended me a couple of extra hours because I needed a place to change clothes before a 4pm wedding. If you don't need rest or sleep, it's okay. Paper thin doorways with lots of space around the doors allow conversations with loud guests in hallways, in rooms, in bathrooms, in general. However, handicapped parking was close to many entrances. Though the beds had permanent body impressions, I got a comfortable night's sleep. The pillows were plump and comfortable. Free breakfast is a nice benefit, and the menu items are nice. When I return to Carson City, I'll probably stay here again, but now I know what to expect.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014