All hotels in Carson City, Nevada, United States of America
2171 E. William Street, Carson City, NV, 89701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Value
    Quite clean
    Bad amenities
"Nice Rooms ~ Very Smoky Establishment"
The hotels room was nice and newly remodeled. Large bathroom with nice countertops. The shower spit out lukewarm water at best!! It was recommended that we stay on the 3rd floor since we had children that would be bothered by smoke. All the hallways smelled of stale cigarette from the casino! You could seriously get lung cancer just from walking through the hallways. The pool and hot tub were clean, and the restaurant had really good breakfast! Hotel staff were very nice as well.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
"Overnight stay in area."
Room was comfortable.( a little smoke smell even though supposed to be non smoking.) We thoroughly enjoyed the bowling alley the next day as we were visiting a grandchild for his birthday. The pool and spa area was very nice. Elevator needs some renovation. The restaurant (The Grille) was very good for breakfast.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Rose
"Less than satisfied"
The hotel was very noisy the first night (Sun) as the doors and walls were thin and didn't block noise. As most people checked out Mon, the 2nd night was much quieter. The room was very clean and well kept but the bed had indentations in each side from much use. The desk person told every person the room she was giving them was 'her favorite' (I heard her). She also promised to get me info on the area as I was looking to relocate to Carson City but she never did. Lastly, she recommended the mexican restaurant, Ole Ole, so I went there. It was awful. Salsa wasn't fresh but gelatinous and sauce on burrito was so disgusting (thick, gluey chipotle) that I had to scrape it off. I ate the meal but would NEVER go there again nor to this hotel. :-(
2 night trip May 25, 2014
"Smokey Room - Not Appealing"
My room was extremely smokey smelling. I even opened the windows and could not get rid of the smell. My room was a non-smoking room and I am a non-smoker which made it very difficult for me to sleep. I would recommend this hotel to any smoker. Other than the smell of the room, the hotel was fine. I would have stayed elsewhere but I booked my room late for the Sheriff's and Chief's Conference and there wasn't a huge choice of hotels to select from.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Not sure if I would call it a 3 star but it was OK"
The staff were all friendly and quite helpful. The room was very motel 6ish, meaning functional but nothing to write home about. The towels were not particularly plush. The mattress though was very comfortable, which was a welcome surprise. The price was only OK. I asked them about their rack rate when I checked in and they were considerably less than what this site had charged. So if I decide to go back there, it will be by contacting them directly.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"Very Satisfied!"
Stayed here last year on our way home from Palm Springs and enjoyed it very much, so decided to try it again! Staff were friendly and room was great...also breakfast and the restruant staff were very friendly! Will defiantly stay again next year when we pass through!
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2014
Bonnie Baker
"My one night stay"
Outstanding service and very nice room
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2014
Above average property with a comfortable room for business travelers. Best was the 10MB wireless internet in the room.
1 night trip Feb 25, 2014
"Nice overnight stay"
The room was clean and very nice. The beds were very comfortable, and everything worked and appeared in good condition. We ate dinner in the Grill. The service was excellent, and the prime Rib was nothing to write home about.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
Harlan
"Gold Dust West Carson City January 2014"
Staying in Hotel fro third time and have only good experience
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
Victor
"great b day trip"
I haven't had a vacation in a very very long time so I decided for my birthday to jump in my car and head to Carson City. My stay was amazing and the Mexican restaurant was amazing and the staff even better! I run a Mexican restaurant myself so i obviously did a lot of comparing and overall i was completely satisfied! In fact i will stay there everytime i go back (if i can ever find time!).
1 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2013
joann cusimano
"fun weekend,"
We found the the staff friendly. Clean hotel and great acess to roads in any direction .
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Great place to stay in Carson City"
Hotel/Casino is clean and staff are friendly. Definitely a great place to stay in Carson City for the price. Plenty of parking and easy to get in and out of. As far as the on-site restaurants, only ate breakfast in the Grille and food was pretty good. Ole Ole Mexican restaurant is really good and a must if you stay there and like Mexican food.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
"Best hotel in Carson City"
Been to this hotel several times and it's definitely one of the nicest in Carson City. Small casino in the building and pretty good restaurant. Rooms are nice with comfortable beds. Our room location was a little inconvenient being somewhat far from the main entrance, but we should have asked for something closer. Even though, car access from ANY room location is very easy. I highly recommend this place.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
Chris W.
"Great price , comfy bed"
The rooms where clean and hotel staff very pleasant. Our room came with a free breakfast from the grill located in the casino , it was a huge meal. I've stayed in many hotels and for the price this one was good.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Everything about this hotel was very nice, except the cigarette odor. Even though we were in a non-smoking room, the odor is strong throughout the building. Otherwise, the hotel is fairly new, nicely furnished, has a neat little kitchenette with refer and sink, excellent bed and other features. It is convenient to the new section of freeway so not much of a problem to find it. They also have a nice little restaurant there with pretty good food. The only negative we found was the cigarette odor and I think that is probably a problem with every casino type hotel in Nevada.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"Won't stay again"
Our room was so far my husband has cancer I had to get a wheelchair to take him to his room it was so far.we could use any of the discounts for food because they went any good until we were leaving.went to the front desk to get tea bags and honey you would thought I was asking for a million dollars she found like two and I had to walk all the way to the front desk and I mean all the way to get them.I walked my butt off for anything we needed.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
Marcy
"Dennis Churich"
First room not even cleaned . Second room had no pillow cases and not completed to be cleaned. Sheets were too short for the bed for the ling bed by a foot !!! Took care of the problem but it was a pain. When the bed was made shill sheets too short had to come back again
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Nice Place, Too Smokey"
Even though we had a non-smoking room, the hallways, the restaurants, everything smelled like smoke. It is a nice hotel, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff was excellent, but the smoke was just too much. We had planned to stay a second night but I felt like I was getting sick.... once I was outside, I started feeling much better. We stayed in a number of casinos on our trip, but the smoke in the hallways and rooms was never this bad.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
Karin
"Visiting friends in Carson City"
Very nice staff and very nice facilities. We had a most enjoyable stay, met some really great people that were part of a Ford Model T Car Club. I saw some fantastic restored Model T's in the parking lot!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"non smokers"
If you are a non smoker, you will not like this hotel. There filter system is non existing. We got a room as far away as possible but it didn't help.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
"RV and hotel"
Over all great stay I want to thank Ashely and Jack for making a bad situation turn to a great stay! The person working the front desk the night we checked into the RV Park acted as we were a bother. Also placed us as far from everything as possible. But talk to the Asst Hotel Manager Jack, He fixed it all and made it a pleasant night! The RV Park needs some kind of screening from the highway . We checked into the hotel for 2 nights and had a great time ! The restaurants and the Bowling Alley are great! Is a great place to base for a visit to south Tahoe area!
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2013
Good restaurants. Especially Ole Ole. POOL AND SPA NICE AND CLEAN
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
gitte
"Great Hotel, close to Reno and Lake Tahoe"
Everybody is so helpful. Food and Drinks are good and the people who work there are really friendly.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Henry
Stayed on business. Room was clean. Staff while a little slow were courteous. Convenient location right off the Highway.
4 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice, modern, comfortable hotel at reasonable cost"
There was a noticeable smell of smoke at the front desk upon check-in but that stands to reason as the casino floor is immediately adjacent to it. Upon check out this lobby was much fresher smelling. This hotel at least had a separate entrance for hotel guests. We didn't have to tromp thru a casino to get to the front desk. The room was very nicely appointed with modern furnishings and a large sleeping area and huge bathroom. It was very clean with attention to detail and did not smell of smoke. The breakfast vouchers for their local restaurant "The Grill" were a nice gesture but the restaurant was very busy so we went elsewhere for breakfast. The parking lot was well lit with ample parking. I did not see valet parking as an option. The staff member that helped me with check-in was very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and would also recommend this hotel to friends.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Justin
"Noisy and stinky"
Not good
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"comfortable"
Good food and comfortable beds
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
"On the Way to Fallon"
I was in what they called a non smoking room (after being changed from a room right next to the fitness center), and the bedding smelled like smoke, I couldn't breathe the whole night. I had to unplug the small refrigerator that was in the room, because of the noise it made. I finally was able to breathe the next morning when I took a shower, I left right after. I would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2013
"Cheap and best hotel."
It was a nice place to stay. One minor issue is, there was smoke smell near reception which may be due to casino located next to it.
1 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2013
"Smoker's paradise!"
Accommodations were great. Tough to get used to the smoke in the Nevada casinos but everything was great! Nice pool, hot tub and rooms. The restaurant was also very good.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Glenn
Large room, comfortable bed, food in the Grill was very reasonably priced and good. The free breakfast was perfect.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Nice Hotel with nice locals casino."
The room was very clean and comfortable. The Wifi worked without any issues. The free breakfast was outstanding.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Chas
"Great little casino hotel"
For being a small casino hotel it was really nice. Casino may be small but it was clean and had a good selection of gaming. Choice of two place to eat, both are decent. There is a good sized bowling alley with a snack bar. Pool was very nice. The room are clean and spacious, only complaint I have is that the pillows are flat and uncomfortable, bring your own.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
Angel
"Very nice place to stay"
Very good value. Room was very clean and close to highways. I would recommend the Gold Dust West if you are staying in the Carson City area.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2013
C &L
"I'd definitely stay again"
This was business stay. The hotel was very convenient to the interstate as well as central business. The Mexican restaurant was very good with guacamole made at your table. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the hotel staff friendly and helpful. I also used the business center which was convenient and stocked and I had no problems.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
Angie
Good service,comfortable and great rates. Food was very good also at the casino restaurants
1 night trip Jun 10, 2013
Bart
"Great for business or leisure travel."
Nothing bad to say about Gold Dust West!
5 night trip May 19, 2013
Julie C
"A Satisfactory Stay"
My room was clean and quiet which are my basic requirements. I appreciated that when I put the "out and about" sign on my door, the room had always been cleaned and made up before I returned. Be aware, however, that the room had no microwave or fridge, just a coffee maker.
3 night trip May 10, 2013
J M
"Try the Mexican Restaurant"
The staff throughout the hotel and restaurants were very helpful and friendly. Especially enjoyed the food and drinks in the Mexican restaurant.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
"Passable freeway hotel"
The hotel itself is fine, if nothing remarkable. The front desk staff was welcoming and polite upon check-in, but the person working check-out seemed sort of clueless and unprofessional. The entire facility is overwhelmed by its massive parking lot. The casino is dark, tiny, and not much fun at all. In my room, the mattress and pillows were substandard by a very long shot. In short, it’s a fine place for an overnight stay on a road trip, but by no means a destination hotel.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"Great value"
Close to freeway and town. Friendly
1 night trip Apr 3, 2013
We loved the hot breakfast every morning! All in all we found the hotel to be a good value.
3 night trip Mar 12, 2013
Visiting Family
room comfortable,service excellent,food great.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
"Excellent restaurants"
Very pleased with our stay although the non-smoking room smelled a little smoky - not too bad though. The restaurants, especially the Mexican restaurant, are excellent. Free breakfast was great too! The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Overall - highly recommended.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
KPage
"Not A Bad Place To Stay!"
Hotel is centrally located to all points within Carson City. The room was clean and of good order. Most all of the staff was very friendly and helpful except when we checked in at 4am, the front desk clerk was kind of rude when we first approached but then became friendlier as we were completing the check-in process. The coffee-shop restaurant was very good and the service was top-notch. We dined at the Ole Ole restaurant for dinner near closing time and the food quality as well as the service could have been a lot better. The food was of low quality and the waitress gave us the feeling of "hurry up" as she kept pushing us to see if we wanted dessert before we even were half way through our mediocre dinner. The highlight of that experience was the margaritas! Overall, with the motel/hotel choices in Carson City, I would rate this one in the 4.0-4.2 ranges for the money.
Other trip Feb 11, 2013

"Awesome trip"
Very nice resort. Room was good, the food is excellent and lots to do. Location is perfect.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
Jody
"On the out skirts of town."
Our stay was great. However they do not clean the stairways. As when we arrived there was a crushed cookie at the bottom of the steps and it was there for our whole 4 night stay. Our rooms where clean and fresh towels everyday.
4 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2013
Doug
"Excellant will defiantly stay there again!"
Our stay was excellent ...pleasant staff, and our was great! The meal we had for dinners s breakfast was superior! We will certainly stay there on our next trip home!
1 night trip Apr 1, 2013

"Très bien"
Personnel très accueillant. Hôtel calme.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015