All hotels in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States of America
920 S Military Rd, Fond Du Lac, WI, 54935, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
    2.6
"Surpassed my expectations!"
The room was great, the bed was very comfortable and I was so happy to be able to open my window and let in a little fresh air. The hotel was quiet and clean and everyone was friendly. I did not expect to be so pleased and comfortable!
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
sue
"Not as bad as other reviews say!!!"
You get what you pay for. I was satisfied with this stay because I paid so little and the place was actually pretty clean and the service was friendly. I noticed my sheets were not too clean at first and the staff replaced them right away. The hot tub was really nice and clean, and very hot! Breakfast, I can't complain about it. The heat in the room worked. The bathroom was clean. My boyfriend and I both thought the bed was comfortable enough. I have heard from cab drivers that other budget hotels/motels in the city are pretty rough compared to this one. There's a nice small lounge to watch tv in downstairs. Sometimes they leave the coffee and juice machines on all night so you can get free drinks. I had a great 4 night stay! It wasn't anything special, since I payed $42 dollars a night, but it had all the basics and was clean. Very satisfied!
4 night romance trip Oct 16, 2013
Off the beaten path with a street address that is not marked at all. There was a dog show in the area. We watched people walk out of their rooms with dogs the size of ponies. Show dogs, well groomed, but I really don't like the idea of being in a hotel with that many dogs. Hotel is on the down side, no money being spent on upkeep or improvements. Lobby window was broken, plastic over the windows, was obvious it had been broken for some time. We will find someplace else to stay the next time.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Easy access to HWY 41"
This was a comfortable room (suite with a queen bed). I was a little disapointed with the maintenance, but never did it really effect me. The phone had no buttons (missing), but I never needed it either. The paint had been touched up with an incorrect shade...but close. The TV was an old one but worked fine. Bed was comfortable, but new pillows are ready to be purchased, as all of them are quite flat...but with three it was fine for one person. Light switches were plenty, to many actually as it took me ten minutes just to figure out which ones I wanted on at night so I could use the one by the bed to turn them off. Internet was spotty but worked most of the time. All in all a nice stay, but if you want perfection, pay more and stay somewhere else. For one traveling guy it was fine, lots of space to spread out.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"Great deal"
I've stayed at many Microtels before (including this one) but for some reason the room seemed smaller than normal. The pillows seemed a little old and the security lock on the door was loose, but these are very minor complaints and we were very pleased overall. We got a very good rate, the staff was super friendly and helpful, and will definitely stay there again.
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
"Trouble with hotels.com reservation on checkin"
The hotel staff member who checked my party in (2 rooms, 8 adults) on Sunday, September 15 at the Microtel Inn in Fond du Lac was insistent upon putting our party into two rooms with only one queen bed per room, despite the fact that our hotels.com reservation was for 8 adults in 2 rooms (and thus, 2 queen beds per room). Even though he obviously had many rooms available at the hotel, it took many minutes of negotiating with him to put us into the proper rooms. If there is an issue between this hotel and hotels.com regarding the nature of the reservation, then it should be resolved at once. The rooms were pre-paid, and thus it would have been impossible to relocate had we been unable to negotiate with the staff member.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
RF
"Have been to better hotels"
The tv was out date, remote didn't work. Hot tub room was dirty. Elevator very slow,took forever to get towels. Continental breakfast didn't have alot to chose from. Ceilings had stains and rust. Not impressed.
2 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
Shawneen
"OK, but a bit behind on maintenance."
This hotel is OK for the price class, but not quite as nice as others of this chain that I've visited before. There are signs of not keeping up with maintenance and updates. Overall it was clean and comfortable. The staff were very polite and helpful. The linens showed signs of age (getting thin and not as white as they once were), same with the towels. The shower curtain bar was still the straight version, as opposed to the curved version in nearly all newer motels. The mattresses were OK, but not top notch. The continental breakfast was OK, but more limited in choices than most. Overall, I was satisfied for the price, but certainly not impressed.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Shawn
Very nice for the money. My ac in the room did not work very well but they gave me a different room right away.Overall I was satisfied.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Mattress very uncomfortable. Overall hotel was great and would stay there again
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Close to highway. Clean and comfortable."
Close to highway. Clean and comfortable. Check out Frenchie's Tavern nearby!
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Hotel was ok. could have been a might cleaner"
the usual dirty corners etc but overall not bad. beds were changed every day, staff was pleasant
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Very dated and worn Hotel"
Room furnishings very dated, Continentiel breakfast almost nonexistent, Checkout person had problem with giving reciept showing nothing owed,
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
The main problem with the hotel was the key reader for getting into our room. Every time we needed to get back into our room the key did not work and we had to go back to the front desk to get our key to work. Company need to purchase a new key reader.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Beverly
I would not stay there again.
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2013
only spent one night on route, friendly front desk
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
"Nice Hotel close to my sons college"
Stayed up there for 4 nights getting my son situated for college. Had a great stay!
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Review"
The TV sucks. While watching the Packer game, the signal was lost & some times I had to restart the TV.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
JimL
Will not stay there again, whole place needs to be cleaned and upgraded,
3 night trip Aug 7, 2013
j hayworth
"internet not always working"
we had trouble accessing the internet from our room and were unconfortable sitting in the lobby to do this
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
mark
"Lodging for Road America - Hawk meet"
We had four adults in our room but each day needed to go to the desk and request another set of towells- we were given only 3/day. Enjoyed the local restaurants and the staff was helpful when we had difficulty printing our plane boarding passes. A good value for the money
3 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Just passing through"
It was a comfortable stay. We just needed a place on our way back from a Brewer's game. It was a bit difficult to see which road led to the hotel. Staff were courteous.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
Eric & Monica
"4 day trip"
Room was clean and quiet. Wifi was a bit slow but about what I expected it to be. The hotel could use some improvements, it's a bit run down but for the price it was good.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Visit to Fond Du Lac County Fair"
Staff was very friendly upon check in and emphasized that if we needed anything to let them know. Would recommend - close to everything.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Great Place, Great Price!"
I booked this out many months in advance to attend an event in Osh Kosh, based on value. My wife and I were very satisfied with the hotel, a few scuffs here and there, but the staff were very receptive to every need we had. We had a standard room with two queen beds, plenty of space, free wi fi, fridge, and no funny smells you find in hotels sometimes. Great deal for the four nights we spent there, thanks!
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Darin
"Van Dyne sport"
The Microtel was fine - nothing fancy but clean and the price was right!
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Poorly managed"
Our rooms were clean but both rooms had 4 to 6 inches of standing water in the showers and the sinks too. Management was told two days in a row and failed to take care of this in both our rooms. The breakfast included Wonder bread and dried out English muffins No pastry no fresh fruit no yogurt, and the coffee was frozen liquid with hot water added. I could not even drink a cup it was so bad. We were supposed to stay 4 nights but left after only two. I do not recommend staying at this property. We went to the Super 8 down the road 1/2 mile and were taken care of there.
4 night business trip Jul 10, 2013
"A place you should stay away from"
Sheets with holes. Towels that looked like rags and more often than not had stains and hair on them. We're required to sign off that we would pay for any towels we took home - why would I take them home?! Washed everything once home. If ever there was a place bedbugs would live this would be it!
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Not what I expected"
I was told that each room had a microwave and fridge, the room did not. The room smelled like stale smoke when you walked in. The contintental breakfast was not much a of breakfast and the juice and coffee tasted kinda funny. The hot tub was too hot, almost scalding.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Although, we had a wonderful time there, we would have liked to see refridgerators and microwaves in the rooms!! Most places now a days have them!! Don't get me wrong....loved the stay and prices!! Thanks again!!
4 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Brenda
"A place to stay, not enjoy"
I won't pick this one if there is a next time there. Location is around several closed businesses. Toilet was finicky and didn't flush easily. We weren't allowed to fill a small cooler with ice from the ice machine. The room itself was ok, though a little cramped for the 5 of us. I knew it would be a little small, but I was going for saving money so I'm not faulting them for that. Lack of a pool disappointed my son. I should have looked more closely for one before booking, so be aware they don't have one.
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2013
Greg
"june 29, 2013"
Good for the night, quite
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Find the driveway"
It was fine to stay, just a bit strange driveway location among other businesses.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013
Noah
"Don't stay here"
All rooms were non smoking obviously but there were cigarette burns in the blankets and curtains. The room was quite small unless only 2 people were there and the staff was very rude and expecting us to be a rowdy crowd all based on our age! The hotel is in rough shape and their so called fitness center which consisted of a whole 3 machines is at least 20 years old. Overall I was pretty disappointed for what we got for our money!
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Hotel room was everything I needed for my stay. However, the continental breakfast left a lot to be desired. The bread and muffins were aweful.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Never Again!"
Stayed at Microtel Hotels before, but this was horrible. It was the most uncomfortable, dirty hotel I have ever stayed at. We considered driving three hours in a bad thunderstorm rather than staying at this hotel. This hotel makes me nervous to ever stay at another Microtel.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Obscure address"
The hotel is really at the end of Triangle Drive, but the address shows Military Road, which has no direct access to the hotel. You have to look very closely to find the Microtel sign on the access road. It took a few minutes to work out the combinations of three-way light switches in the room. The room and bed were comfortable and a good choice for the price.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2013
Not a bad room, though a fridge would have been nice. Internet was very slow as well, and trying to do on-line education was difficult to accomplish. The staff was helpful though and since I asked them to not enter the room while there for a short stay, they abided by this request.
4 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Room was dirty, found a tin of chewing tobacco and a fake fingernail on the floor.
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2013
"not ve"
we could see the hotel from the highway but could not find a way to get to the entrance. We drove around complex several times before we could find a way in. Staff admitted signage was poor. Looked next morning and never could find a sign. could not access the internet, asked Desk person for password and said there was none, just to log on. three of us, with 3 different devices never could get on the internet. Went to "free" breakfast area at 8:30(advertised breakfast until 10) there was no cereal, no milk, no spoons, no bagels, no juice and no table to sit at. Looked for a staff member to re-fill area and could not find anyone. Went to desk and rang bell. I told the desk attendant there was no food and he immediately made a point of looking at the clock. He then slowly filled up a few of the items. All in all very unhappy with staff and hotel.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Cindy
"Acceptable for the price"
Hotel is OK, meaning in the important things it satisfied my needs which were a comfortable bed and a clean room. Room was small but I wasnt there to throw a party for a dozen guests, I only needed a bed to sleep and a shower in the morning. (a better shower head would have been appreciated). TV service was horrible, and this was on a night when the Stanley Cup Finals were being shown but the channel wsn't available on the Hotel's system. I guess that's my worst complaint. Oh, and the free Wi-Fi could use some more bandwidth, it was sloooooowwww.... But as I said, for the price it was a clean, comfortable room, so overall I was happy with my stay at Microtel Inn
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Dennis
"Nice place for the price"
We stay here every year because it is close to family and the price is reasonable. Never really had any major problems.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Would stay again"
I read some of the reviews on this hotel and didn't like what I was reading but I took the chance on it that it would be better than what people were posting. Well, the room was very clean the staff was very friendly and the driveway location is really not that hard to find. Not sure why people say this is a bad hotel. I only stayed one night and would stay there again. The only thing bad (if you call it that) I turned the frig down to very cold and it froze my drinks in only a few hours...lol That was one powerful frig. Also I don't think the lock on the side main entrance worked. I don't think the card scanner even worked (anyone could walk in). I would recommend this to a friend and even a stranger. Overall this was a good place to stay.
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2013
"Convenient location at the right price"
Nice, comfortable room that served my purpose well at an affordable price. Staff was good, breakfast was nothing to shout about, but if you don't need much it saved the money of going out. Had to reprogram the key, but no big deal.
2 night business trip May 17, 2013
Don K.
"Needs an upgrade on linen/towels"
The staff couldn't be any nicer, the service also very nice, but the linen and pillows and towels are in need of being replaced. Quality of towels and pillows were terrible and stained. Very convenient to town itself, and parking is good.
4 night trip with friends May 8, 2013
Dayna
"Disappointing."
Upon entering our room. The beds were unmade, sheets and blankets were wadded uo and thrown on top of the ac/heater. The carpet was not vaccuumed, garbage was all over the room. It was just a pathetic mess. We called the front desk and were given another room right next to a room with a dog that barked all night long. Wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip May 2, 2013
Tony
"Refrigerator, but no microware, coffee maker?"
Seems odd they'd skip the coffee maker & microwave but install a refrigerator. Very skimpy breakfast offering as well.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2013
"Stains on everything!"
Maybe I don't know what the protocol is on replacing stained sheets and towels are, but this is a hotel which uses stained items....kind of off putting when you've been driving 8 hours and just want to rest! Not to mention the long hairs all over everything, sticky carpet, lumpy stained pillows and sick yellow stains on the comforter. The clerks did not wear name badges. One plus was every one of the four nights we stayed we came back to fresh sheets and towels, even though they were stained it was nice.
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
"it sucked"
it suckd. the staff was unfriendly and the condition of the hotel was lower than expected. found several problems with the room. I would not recommend this hotel to others. I did not enjoy my stay at all.
1 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2013
Allison
"Very clean, great location"
Would definitely stay again. Hotel was very convenient, very clean, and just the right price.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013