All hotels in Augusta, Georgia, United States of America
2176 Gordon Hwy, Augusta, GA, 30909, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.9
    2.7
"Terrible"
We were visiting our grandson, who is training at Ft. Gordon. There was a sign at the elevator stating that renovations were underway. I wonder how long that sign has been there. The carpet in the hallways were old and dirty. There was just one set of towels in the room for my wife and I. My daughter, and her son, were in a another room and it didn't have a shower curtain in it. She contacted housekeeping; the housekeeper brought it and asked my daughter if she wanted to put it up or wanted the housekeeper to put it up. We ended up checking out and not spending the night there. We have stayed at Microtels before and were very satisfied with them. We checked in to another hotel that was several miles farther away from where we wanted to be and it was more expensive, but it was worth it.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
Tom R.
"Not at ALL what I expected. Thumbs DOWN!"
I stayed at a Microtel in Columbia, SC and was EXTREMELY satisfied with cleanliness, convenience, comfort, etc. so I did not expect at ALL what I found at the Augusta/Fort Gordon, GA location. The only thing good about this place was that the location was less than 5 minutes from Fort Gordon which is what I was there for. The elevator had empty, crushed soda cans on the floor and the doors would not close until you pushed the 'door close' button. I was on the 2nd floor (Room 201) and it looked like a poorly-converted, what looks like it used to be a handicapped suite. The walls had either dirt or scuff marks. The restroom had NO soap, and only one towel and washcloth for two guests. The next morning, I went to take a shower and there was NO shower curtain!!! I requested this and another towel from housekeeping and while I waited, I headed to the elevator to go down for some coffee. The elevator door opens, and there is ORANGE JUICE spilled on the floor of the elevator. Mind you, this was 9:30 in the morning; plenty of time for housekeeping to find the mess and clean it up before guests start their days. Extremely disappointed with this location.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
debby5239
"You get what you pay for!"
We showed up at the Microtel Inn (very nice looking hotel from the outside). Lobby was nice, organized and clean. The elevator took FOREVER to close the doors (door close button didnt seem to work). When we were checking in, the front desk clerk told us that the maid service hasnt been doing their job lately. When we got to the room, we then understood what she meant by that. There was food crumbs on the floor, trash on the bathroom counter, dirty towels on the floor, and a bug in our bed. Needless to say, you get what you paid for. Overall it was a DECENT stay.
3 night romance trip Mar 2, 2013
"FILTHYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!"
So disguested!!!!! Nasty rooms, stains on bed, blood on floor, no towels, and odor in rooms. POOR HOUSEKEEPING!!!!!!! Horrbile!!!! We went through 3 rooms, and disappointed with all 3!! We were suppose to stay 2 days, but stayed a total of 45 mins. Being so dissatisfied with evey inch of this hotel I checked out the same night. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!
2 night trip Mar 3, 2013
"amazing service"
The service was amazing, but I reserved a king sized bed and got a full size bed. The price was a little cheaper, but that wasn't what I reserved.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2013
"the worst experience of my life"
As soon as u walk n hotel reeks of old bleach I immediately became nauseous y I didn't turn around idk next the elevator takes a minute to close eventhough u hit the close button omg then I got to my room hair nd stained sheets the housekeepers fighting over who go clean the room then I take a shower to relax before I lay my head on my pillow mother yelling at kids kids running down the hall omg the people upstairs jumping up nd down im suprised I got any sleep want be staying there again.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2013
tacia
"I hated everyday over there"
It was just horrible. Do not go there.
1 night trip with friends Feb 16, 2013
Hamza Away
"The worse hotel I have ever been to"
This hotel was not clean or professional at all. First they gave me a room that didnt have anything in it that I saw online. examples, iron, microwave, fridge, or blankets. the hall way carperts were very dirty. it took them 2 days to give me a room with that had the things i needed. the housekeeping was very very unprofessional. they were lazy and would just walk in my room whenever they pleased as if they didnt know i was there.it took them the entire day to bring back clean towels and sheets for the room. the elevator is extremly slow and seemed broken at times. even though my room was on the 3rd floor the steps were faster. they have a sign in the lobby that says excuse the mess because theyre doing maintance to improve the hotel. but i didnt see anyone repairing or renovating the whole time i was there. and someone that works there told me that the sign has been up for almost a year. i think they are just lazy and are using that sign as an excuse. Overall i will never ever go here agaon nor will i reccommend it to anyone. This hotel should be shut down. not even worth the low price
6 night trip Jan 17, 2013
"augusta,ga."
not very good at this location
3 night trip Jan 6, 2013
sandra
"shocked"
I didn't stay first room was not cleaned bedding was not changed found hair on sheets . tv had no cable hook up to it. hall way on 2nd floor carpet had spills of something going down the hall way. moved to a room on first floor I checked it out thought it was ok then I realized there was no firg. in the room and the heat and air didn't work at all no heat. maintenance and house keeping I would rate a 0. and adding to that it was more of a dorm room than anything not a place to take children to at all. there was one good thing the lady at the front desk was as nice as she could be and understanding. I think her name was Eva
3 night business trip Jan 4, 2013
J
"Good to go"
At this hotel they were helpful, nice. i would go back to this hotel again.
Romance trip Jan 7, 2013
"comfortable get-away"
the hotel was a bit older and the elevator was slow but the staff was extemely nice and accomidating. the room was small and comfortable. i will return to this hotel on my next visit.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2012
"Affordable,"
Miss India will take care of you. Any problems, usually someone will help you. Always smells good when you walk in your room.
Other trip Dec 6, 2012
"Bah Humbug"
They had no EXTRA towels or wash cloths & the ones they did have had spots on them.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
Katherine
"not great"
really noisy , no microwave and fridge. we really regret to book this hotel and i dont recommend to anyone
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Pleasant Stay"
Our stay here was great especially for the price.... The elevator is a little slow and you're better off taking the stairs but the stay was good. We got good housekeeping service. We stayed here for 1 week and one night we got complaints from a room beneath us that we "moved around too much and were too loud" and bc of that the white lady from guest services was nasty to us but the other 2 ladies especially the one with the short hair and glasses was very pleasant and nice.
2 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2012
Nelii
"surpried"
it was sad that there was no keys available when i check in and had to wait hours to get a key so i could come and go as i plessed and then the heater in the room did not work so had to change rooms at 1 am so all in all it was a very dissatisfied stay
1 night trip Nov 15, 2012
"Nice Hotel for Family."
My husband and I are constantly traveling every week. The suites at the Hotel is very convenient with our children and the prices are excellent.
Other trip Nov 17, 2012
Mrs. Palmer
There was a sign that said they was renovating, i think that was there because they were to lazy to clean.
2 night trip Nov 9, 2012
Microtel
"Double charged for the room"
I was charged once when I reserved the room, then again when I got to the hotel (at a different price I may add). When I checked my account the following morning and noticed both charges, I asked the receptionist at the front why I was charged again. She told me she did not know why and I needed to contact the manager after 7am. Called at 10am, was told she's not there and to call back the following day between 7am and 4pm. Called at 11:30am, was told she was not there and to call back the next day. Called the following day at 8am and finally reached the manager. She was very short with me. Before I could even explain my situation she said, "Sir, it's a holding fee it will drop off in a few days." Explained to her that it's two different charges, one from the website then another employee asked for my card and I was charged again. She told me she would look into it and give me a call back because she just got in and has some other things to tend too. I guess I paid more than double the rate I was promised. As far as the hotel, the rooms are very small. My bed was nothing but sheets, no actual blanket. To top it off, the elevator didn't work. Safe to say I do not plan to stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2012
Shon
"very poor"
Was not a good stay.
5 night trip Oct 3, 2012
"good location, easy access"
overall satisfied, but it was an old hotel.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2012
1 night trip Dec 21, 2012
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2012
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Augusta South

"Great hotel and pet friendly "
08/02/15 brissyforenski Wilmington, Delaware
We are currently still here and we are very happy with our stay. When we first got here we got a room and found it to be too small for us and asked to be switched to a bigger room and we got a bigger room no problem. One thing I really love is that it is let friendly. We searched all over for pet friendly hotels and this was the only one that we came to that was. Rooms are nice and everything is clean. The house keepers are super nice too. :) Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would come here again if we need too.
"I LOVED MY TRIP TO AUGUSTA, GA"
08/01/15 vmobe
We made reservations at the Red Roof Inn because they are pet friendly and I have a service animal. Upon arrival, there were no problems and my reservation took no time and I received everything I asked for when I made the reservation. THE ROOMS WERE BEAUTIFUL AND VERY CLEAN. The receptionist, BRENNA, was very polite and professional. She also continuously wore a very beautiful smile the entire time she took care of us. I went to my family event that we came down here for and told everybody how much we liked it here and about ten more relatives came and everyone said the hotel was fantastic.
"On the positive side-it could've been roaches"
07/16/15 Sandra A Austin, Texas
Spending 4 nights here to see my daughter graduate from training at Ft. Gordon. I was willing to overlook: the out of service swimming pool during the peak swimming months; the faulty exterior card reader they apparently already knew about but didn't bother to put a notice at the door let alone fix, the lack of information about the hotel provided in-room, and the crappy t.v. reception. But not the ants. 3rd floor. We're on a road trip so we have food in soft sided coolers and shopping bags. One open bag of chips in a shopping apparently was enough. The front desk lady was kind enough to bring some raid but acknowledged that the lunch boxes were the cause. Thanks for the heads up! I've never had this problem in a hotel before. The elevator is scary, super slow for this business. ..not many guests at this time. And to top it off-the roof is not red! Time to clean the raid and dead ants out of the tub and my bags...Positives: the bed is very comfortable.
"Very nice for the price"
06/24/15 emptynester40 Draper, Virginia
This motel is very clean, in good shape, has a nice basic breakfast buffet, and the workers are friendly and efficient. We didn't get to use the pool as it's only open from 9-9. We wish there was an extra hour or two on both ends. The basic one queen bed rooms are very small, but if you don't have a lot of stuff and want only a comfortable place to sleep that's okay. The bathroom is good sized. Every room has a microwave and frig. That's a nice feature. I recommend this property.
"Clean But Very Small Room"
06/07/15 jwood02 Port Saint Lucie, Florida
I stayed her with my wife and dog in June 2015 for a one night stay with business in downtown Augusta. It was about a 15-20 minute ride into downtown Augusta which wasn't bad so I was happy with. The hotel itself looks very nice and seems to be in good shape. Check in was quick and very easy. I booked a queen size bed room and while the room was nice and clean it was extremely small. After we put the cage up for our dog there was really no where for her or us to walk. It was not that big of a deal, but I was shocked at the size. Also as has been stated a bunch as far as the breakfast is concerned there is not munch: cereal, bread, few muffins, oatmeal. Overall we really enjoyed our experience and the only other thing I would say is when we returned to the hotel a little after midnight the parking lot and property had a lot of people around like a party was going on and I do not think mos were hotel guests. O yeah and the pool was in much better shape then previous review and looked nice. For the price, location, and cleanliness of the rooms I would stay here again.
"Place to stay for Masters"
04/16/15 LHM617 Houston, Texas
The hotel room and lobby were clean. The breakfast was below average in choices, but okay. There were two types of cereal, packages of oatmeal, mini muffins, juice and milk, and a little bit of fruit. For the price paid during Masters week, it seems like they could step up the breakfast a little. But it was an easy 10 minute drive to the course, and everyone increases their price Masters week, so no real complaints. Don't come here to use the pool (at least not right now). It was green and growing things!
"Masters Trip 2015"
04/11/15 Paul Y Cary, Illinois
Overall, the staff was nice and the room was clean and in decent shape. Shower made a hissing sound at times which got a little annoying but it must of had to do with the pressure. Breakfast offered in the morning was average and the proximity to the course was good (10 minute drive). I have been to Augusta before and many of the hotels offer their guests a Masters "goody bag" for staying with them (Bottle of Water, Sunscreen, Masters Brochure, etc). When the rates are so high for this week (they are at every hotel), I think it would be nice to offer something more to make it a better overall value for the price you have to pay.
"ken"
03/07/15 Akiliah F Augusta, Georgia
he was a very nice and polite person. he helped me when I needed it. and had no problem doing it. he was attentive and cared about the customer. I will recommend this hotel as long as ken works there.
"5 star service"
02/20/15 ChrisMesa_AZ Mesa, AZ
I stayed at this hotel on Valentine's Day. They were very busy as expected but I must say how they have transformed this hotel from a Microtel to a newly renovated inside and out RedRoof is unbelievable. The rooms are nice and clean, front desk staff are very kind and looking out for all guests. I noticed on many occasions they ask everyone "Everything is good" which made me feel comfortable and that they care about every guest. They have a free continental breakfast, an easy check in and check out process. Will come again if ever near in the area
"DO NOT STAY HERE! THEY ARE CROOKS!"
02/17/15 tal916 Augusta, Georgia
So my partner and I wanted to celebrate Valentines Day ahead of time and booked this hotel. The room had an off smell,which it had the last time we came here, so we didn't want to bother to report it. Other than that everything was good. But as I was checking my bank account yesterday, I realized that they had taken $200 out of my account on top of the $69 stay!!!!! When I asked why I was charged this, they told me that we smoked in the room. I AM AN ASTHMATIC AND I HAVE SEVER ALLERGIES THEREFORE THERE WAS NO WAY POSSIBLE THAT WE SMOKED IN THE ROOM! They claimed that they smelled "fresh smoke", but the whole damn hotel smells off. I talked to the manager and even after I told him I would provide medical documentation that I'm an asthmatic, he wouldn't believe me. I asked him what time they went into the room and smelled the "fresh smoke" and he said after 11 when we checked out.......BUT GUESS WHAT? WE CHECKED OUT AT 10:30! He wouldn't give me a specific time and when I asked if they had physical evidence, he said no. I hung up at that point. I am highly upset because I'm in school and I wouldn't do something so stupid as smoke in a room because 1. I'M AN ASTHMATIC and 2. I can't afford to just lose $200! If I had smoked in the room, then I wouldn't even have tried to fight this. Either an employee smoked in there after we left because I mean it was "fresh smoke", or they are liars. Spend the extra money on a nicer hotel ladies and gentleman. This one is greedy for money and will take advantage of people.