All hotels in Kowloon, Hong Kong

• Value
  • Bar
    Standard bar
"good hotel"
good stay and easy access to and from airport
4 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
"Very good hotel"
I was surprise to see the quality of the Salisbury hotel YMCA. Nothing to do with YMCA. This is an good hotel in an excellent location. We had a marina view on the 15th floor and I enjoyed the amazing views for 5 days and 4 nights. Spacious rooms and very comfortable beds. The bathroom was not he'd and with very basic amenities and was very clean and well maintained. They have a lab pool. The jacuzi was not impressive at all. We enjoyed walking to the Penunsila Hotel just across the street to enjoy their bar. There is a metro station right next to the hotel and walkable distance to the marina. And surrounded by shopping area. Friendly team. Would return there again if I'm ever in Hong Kong
4 night family trip Dec 1, 2015
marwa
"Taking a break in Hong Kong"
This was quite a change since I stayed at the old Y in the 1970s. The room and service were excellent, and the view from our window was fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Dec 1, 2015
Melvin
It was a very pleasant stay. I will use this hotel again next time
3 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
"The harbor view rm is worth it!"
PRO'S: - location is close to major shopping areas, tourist sites, and public transportations - English speaking staff always ready with courteous service - Chinese and western breakfast options, also convenient cafe near lobby - laundry room for longer stays CON'S: - couldn't check in early if international flight arrives early - usually light rm cleaning - not the most secure looking luggage holding service TIPS: - If first time in HK definitely get harbor view. Got to see symphony of lights from comfort of room. - Can exchange currency at front desk. - must get special coin for laundry machines.
6 night romance trip Oct 27, 2015
Location is fabulous!
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
I always try to stay at the Salisbury YMCA Hotel when in transit to China mainland. Good value for money most of the time although at times it can be a little expensive. Usually however this may be due to concerts etc. at the cultural center across the street from the hotel. Overall, a great place to spend the night before going to China.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
Ruth
"Great location hotel with fabulous views of HK"
Great hotel In best location overlooking Victoria harbor. Rooms are good size for Hong Kong
7 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"Strange housekeeping practice"
It was a great stay until the day we checked out. We took a walk along the water front in the morning. When we got back to the room a little later, we noticed the housekeeping staff had come in and partially made up the room. The ironing board and iron were gone, fruit basket and fruit missing, cups replaced and there was a pillow on our bed without pillow case and a pillow with new pillow case (I hope!) in the closet. Yuck!!! I wonder what else was considered "cleaned". I wouldn't want to be the next guest in the room! And I hope our room was not partial made up before the previous guest checked out! I was grossed out to say the least! This is totally unacceptable for hotel that charges over $300 a day or for any price for that matter.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"The weather was terrible"
It rains during all the stay. Even I booked full trip big bus ticket.I didn't enjoy it
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Derradji
"Location, location, location."
One night visit to Hong Kong. Great location. Easy to get to -- airport express train then free bus shuttle to the hotel were well marked. Walked to the harbor to view nighttime illuminated skyline and take Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island and back.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2015
Christine
"Finally got to stay at Salisbury YMCA"
We had 4 reservations and our family just loved this hotel. We loved the fact there was no bar/dancing type of entertainment. It has a nice quiet cafe for dining. There are many wonderful eating places very close by and all types of shopping. It is very close to the boat for traveling to Hong Kong Island from Kowloon where we were located. Love the Hop on Hop Off bus pass which we bought for 2 days. Should have bought for 3 days if available because it is much cheaper for 8 of us to travel around rather than 2 taxis each time. Staff at front desk and throughout hotel were very helpful and friendly.
4 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Dorothy
"Corner Suite Room w/ Great View of the Light Show!"
We stayed for 3 nights in a corner suite room on the 10th floor which afforded us with spectacular views of the city and harbor area--including the light show at 7pm each night. The staff were very helpful and attentive. The restaurant in the hotel on the lobby level was very nice. The service at breakfast was slow when it was not really busy but a later meal in the late afternoon/ evening was great with excellent service. The wifi seemed spotty in the room and I had to login multiple times as it kicked me out.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Quick weekend in Hong Kong"
I had a nice, weekend stay at The Salisbury- YMCA of Hong Kong. I have stayed at this hotel previously and I think the room I was in this trip had been updated compared to previous. This time my bathroom was a nice size, previously a little small. The room was nice and clean, mattress a little hard and sheets a little stiff but other than that everything was comfortable. I think it is very nice and considerate they provide a plug converter to use in the room. The lobby is busy, but with many places to sit and an attentive staff the many travelers was not a big problem. The breakfast buffet is a nice spread and selection. All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. I think this hotel is a great value.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2015
Cara
"excellent location"
The hotel is at a very good location, easy to find and convenience from the subway station.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2015
"A perfect stay"
YMCA is perfect in every way for a vacation in Hong Kong.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
cricket
"Would book this hotel again in a New York minute!"
Great location. Clean hotel. Great value as far as Hong Kong is concerned. Right next to one of god loveliest hotels in Hong Kong. Super close to the Star Ferry. Good eats nearby. The Big Bus Tour for Kowloon is right on the corner. Convenience store nearby. Close to Harbour. Can't beat this hotel for the price. Most of the staff were really nice and attentive. The only staff who were a little uptight were some of the male waiters at the breakfast buffet. They didn't want us to sit where the view was the nicest because they would have had to walk a few more steps to clear out plates. They would lie and say the air conditioning wasn't working in the raised section. But the housekeeper was super nice, the people at the front desk were extremely friendly, all in all, the place was run like a well-oiled machine. Clean. Efficient. Small bathroom but everything worked perfectly. Nice hot water.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
Cathy
"Nice hotel, great location"
Hotel and staff were great, but the location is really the best thing this hotel has to offer. The waterfront is across the street and you are surrounded by shopping and restaurants. Yes, as others have said, the beds are incredibly hard, but they are hard almost everywhere you go in Asia so no point in complaining about that. Room was very clean, and they refreshed a bowl with apples and oranges daily while I was there. The staff were very friendly, spoke english, and were able to give directions to anywhere you wanted to go. There is an MTR station about 1 block away so don't bother with cabs.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
solo traveler
"excellent hotel and perfect location in TST!"
wow, an excellent location very close to the harbor. couldn't ask for a beter location in TST. staff is friendly and rooms are clean and comfortable.
2 night trip May 25, 2015
"Ultra-convenient location and great facilities!"
We stayed for 3 nights in a Partial Harbor-View Room from May 20-23. It was great being able to watch the skyscraper light show every night from our room. Recommend getting a room that includes breakfast each morning as they offer wonderful options and it's well worth the extra cost. WiFi is included and works well. Staff was friendly and willingly offered to answer any questions we had. Very convenient location to sightsee in both Kowloon and Hong Kong Island. Star Ferry is a few minutes walk from the hotel, as is the Airport Bus Shuttle that picks up next door in front of the Peninsula Hotel.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Nice hotel close to many restaurants, shopping, and ferry. Take ferry to Macau, much like a mini Vegas, but much more history, etc.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Sam
"Spartan but Great Location"
Best location. Clean but spartan rooms. Breakfast was underwhelming. Price was right for the neighborhood.
2 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
Clean rooms, nice staff, excellent location for a great relative price.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Comfort and friendly in a convenient location"
Great location in TST near MTR and Star Ferry. I had learned to swim here as a child so it was a nostalgic stay as well. Room with a harbor view was spacious enough, quiet and comfortable with fast free internet, safe, fridge and electrical plug adapter. Staff was all super helpful with directions and resourceful in getting answers. Breakfast buffet was good, I just wished there was more variety day to day.
4 night trip with friends Apr 21, 2015
"The only thing I like about this hotel is location"
The hotel location is good and the hotel is okay, but in Hong Kong we've always found hotel service to be excellent. I would describe the staff here as politely Indifferet. We stayed there for a week and my husband had to pay to use the gym, we have never had that expereince before. After out stay in Hong Kong we traveled to mainland China for about a week. We returned to Hong Kong and had a reservation at the YMCA for our last night before our flight, but were going to Macau for 2 nights. We stopped at the YMCA and asked to store our luggage for the 2 nights so we would have to take just a light carry-on to Macau. They stored our luggage but they charged us to do. We go to Hong Kong often and like the location but there are other hotels with much better service for the same or better price in the Kowloon, Tshim Tsha Tsui area .
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Great location!"
Excellent location, nice rooms, good food and nice view from the restaurant. I would gladly booked it again for sure! All the highlight are walking distance, I would recomend the big bus and It can pick you up at the corner of the hotel and you can pay for it there also.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Gustavo
"great location and price"
great location, well worth the price!
3 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2015
"Superb reasonable Kowloon Hotel"
Right next to the peninsula , 100 yards from the star ferry, this highly inexpensive hotel is superb. Rooms were modern, clean , comfortable; service excellent.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Location, Location, Location"
My wife and I stayed at the Salisbury in early March 2015. My wife had stayed at this same hotel 7 years earlier because of its fabulous location in the Tsim Sha Tsui District just a few short blocks from the Star Ferry Kowloon Terminal and downtown Kowloon and reasonable prices as far as Hong Kong accommodations are concerned. We tried it again and were pleased with our decision. The Hotel is within walking distance of just about everything a tourist would want to visit in Kowloon, as well as various transportation options for easy and economical travel outside of Kowloon. Our room included the hot and cold breakfast buffet which was sufficient for our purposes. 20-year veteran employee Chris at the Concierge Desk was invaluable in helping us plan our days and nights, providing us with Google maps of the sights we wanted to visit and recommending transportation to visit them, and otherwise helpful in answering our questions relating to our stay in Hong Kong. On the upside, our room featured a view of beautiful Hong Kong Harbor. On the down side, our mattress was a bit hard and we could hear traffic noise. Despite these negatives, we would readily stay here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
Darryl
"Great hotel, great location, great staff and very"
Lived in Hong Kong in the nineties, never knew how wonderful the Hotel is. Also - at a very reasonable price
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Rami
"Best location in Kowloon."
The YMCA Saidbury is located in the perfect place. It is immediately next door to the Peninsula Hotel, the premier hotel in Kowloon. It is 100 yards from the Stsr Ferry terminal (for access to Hong Kong island) and the cruise ship terminal. We walked with our bags from our cruise ship to the hotel in 5 minutes. It is adjacent to a nice hawker court for reasonable food, and there is a "Big Red Bus" hop-on-hop-off stop just outside the entrance. The service was excellent. The affiliation with the actual YMCA was barely noticeable, although it did appear to have some advantages for members. I would stay there again for sure and recommend it to anybody, except maybe someone who expected "over the top" amenities and could afford to pay 5 times as much. (For those wealthy and very demanding guests I would recommend the Peninsila or the Intercontinental, both within 2 minutes walk
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
"End of cruise"
I stayed there after a Asian cruise ends in Hong Kong. The location is unbeatable, next door to the famous Pennisula Hotel, has a easy talk to the MTR (subway) station, and a short walk to the Hong Kong harbor front (with Hong Kong Museum of Art) and the Star Ferry. The room is very clean and quiet and large (in Hong Kong standard).
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"3 night in HKG"
sehr gut immer wieder.
3 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
Müller
"GREAT DEAL IN HK"
LOCATION IS GREAT AND STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL. WILL COME BACK WHEN I CAN
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"Great location, clean and spacious room"
I enjoy the breakfast facing the harbor view, the staff are nice and helpful.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Basic, clean hotel in excellent location"
We stayed at the Salisbury-YMCA of Hong Kong for three days following a SE Asia cruise. The hotel is in a perfect location, next to the tunnel that leads to the Star Ferry. It is a basic hotel, nothing fancy, but offers an excellent breakfast buffet and clean rooms.
3 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
"Salisbury Y- a true find!"
This hotel is a gem. Location is next to the Peninsula and can't be any better. Hotel service is excellent.I had to call my airline to rebook, and the staff was so helpful. The concierge recomended a dim sum restaurant that was the best we ever ate in for dim sum. A real find!
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
jerilyn
"Comfort and ease in TST"
The YMCA is a pleasant place to stay and allows for easy access to the Star Ferry, MTR and wonderful views of the HK harbor.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Jane
"Great value"
I have stayed at the Salisbury YMCA whenever I go to Hong Kong, often just passing through on my way to China. It is clean, conveniently located in Tsimshatsui next to the MTR station, bus terminal and Star Ferry, and combines very helpful Chinese and English speaking staff with an informal atmosphere. They provide guests with a complimentary fruit basket and for a little extra you can get buffet breakfast included. They also have a great pool for doing laps or smaller pool for kids.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Lydia
"YMCA Hotel TST"
Location is great. Hotel is a little worn down, but certainly the least expensive option for the area.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"A wonderful find in Kowloon"
We arrived here after a few weeks in the Philippines and a long shuttle ride from the airport. The location was great right by the Harbor, Nathan Ave. and central to many things Kowloon. The front desk staff were very attentive and efficient, our room was dutifully cleaned every day and the buffet breakfast was a feast to behold'
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Sid and Bette
"Y.M.C.A - Y ou M ust C ome A round"
they were terrific - the staff could not do enough to make sure i had a great stay. when i go back I am going there
8 night trip Jan 8, 2015
arthur
"Terrific Hotel"
The YMCA is in a great location in Kowloon. It is very clean and modern and has a terrific and friendly staff. It is within walking distance from the passenger cruise terminal and has a fantastic view of the night harbor light show.
2 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
"The best location. Good services and price"
I was twice at the Salisbury. I felt it comfortable and secure
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Nick
"Great location!"
Great location. Rooms are small, but satisfactory. Nice breakfast. Reasonable rates. Easy access via airport express train. Convenient to metro.
5 night trip Dec 17, 2014
Bryan D.
"GOOD LOCATION."
CLOSE TO EVERYTHING.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Great stay! The only issues I had were that the shower allowed water to leak, and that the air in the room was very dry.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Nice place, Nice people"
I am satisfied with all things at hotel. Clean room, kind staff, and delicious food. This is a place to revisit.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Angela
"excellent location"
close to shopping & restaurants, hop on hop off tour right off back door,breakfast buffet pretty good
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
t
"Enjoyable stay in Kowloon by Texas Traveler"
Nicely equipped, comfortable room. Staff very friendly and helpful, good breakfast buffet. Excellent location, close to Star Ferry pier and shopping areas in Kowloon.
6 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014