All hotels in Kowloon, Hong Kong

Clean
  • Value for money
  • Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
"Enjoyable stay in Kowloon by Texas Traveler"
Nicely equipped, comfortable room. Staff very friendly and helpful, good breakfast buffet. Excellent location, close to Star Ferry pier and shopping areas in Kowloon.
6 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
This hotel site is good. Very comfortable. But I am a little disappointed that my room has a city view.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Jungsun
"Over Pricing"
Over price compare with room condition.
2 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
Florence
"Exellent hotel"
Clean and nice hotel
1 night trip Oct 30, 2014
Anthony
"The best stay for the price, quality, convenience."
Excellent location, MTR just outside the hotel building, fantastic neighborhood, close proximity to everything from shopping to eating to MTR, to crossing the harbor on a ferry. The standard room with a queen size bed, is quite spacious, clean bathroom, lots of drawers and closet space. Fruit plate waiting for us. (Wish they would re-stock the fruits daily though). Got the city view room. Still very nice on the higher floor. No complain. We enjoyed the stay tremendously. Wonderful facility. Will definitely stay there again and recommend to all our families and friends.
6 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
Walter
"3 star hotel with 4 star value!!!!!!"
Excellent price. Excellent location. Amazing view, but make sure you book at least the partial harbour view! Best value for the price especially you have i pay 4 times as much for the P hotel jext door.
1 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2014
thomas
"Great location. Great service."
Great location for this hotel in Kowloon, in the Tsim Sha Tsui district, metro station a block away for access to Hong Kong stations, airport express, etc. Within walking distance to Nathan Road, to Star Ferry and the promenade (across famous HK skyline and nightly symphony of lights show), to famous Canton Road for great designer stores, to ferry to Macau, next to the famous Peninsula Hotel. The new 1881 Heritage shopping center is across from the hotel, among so many other places nearby. Hotel had great service, our rate included wifi as well as a great buffet breakfast with great service and a nice view from the table. Renovated room was comfortable although bathroom on the small size but adequate. Staff was nice and helpful (we were allowed to check in early am upon our arrival, which was great after an almost 15-hour flight). Concierge was also very helpful with directions and pointers. Highly recommend this hotel for the value (HK is a very expensive city) and the great service and location.
2 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
T. Bido
"Good value, great convenience"
My favorite place to stay in Hong Kong. Not fancy but the location is perfect and the price is reasonable. I would stay here all of the time but they are usually booked up. The building is right across the street from the waterfront promenade. If you turn left along the waterfront and walk past the Intercontinental, you can get your morning coffee at the Starbucks with the best view in the world of the Hong Kong skyline (go up to the roof deck). In the evening, go have a cocktail on the patio of the charming old Hullett House right next door (in the "1881" complex).
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Kate
"Great Location, Great Price"
Got a free upgrade as the room i booked was sold out. had million dollar view and two room suite. can't beat location for the price
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"Very convenient"
Spent four nights here. Easy to get to from airport. Take train to Kowloon Station, catch complimentary bus, K2, get off 4th stop behind Peninsula Hotel and you arrive a few steps, 20 meters from Salisbury YMCA. Could not be easier. Staff very friendly, professional and helpful. You are across the street to Star Ferry terminal to get to Hong Kong. Get a harbour view room to view light show that is 2000 hrs nightly. Bargain price for Hong Kong visit.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Dee
"Nice stay..."
Great location, nice renovation, helpful concierge, gen good service, good breakfast-- they even gave us breakfast boxes for an early departure. The only issue was we came back 2 the hotel by 9:50pm to xchange money but were told we could not do it (sign said 10pm cutoff)& advised we could do this early the next day. At 5am we were told she could not exchange much cash even though we were told advised we could for the taxi...
2 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
"Close to all I need"
Perfect. Resonable price. Good location. Good harbor view. Blackfast was also good. One thing I have disappointed is a hair dryer. Overall I satisfied my stay.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2014
"Thanks for the upgrade."
There is no better place than the YMCA in Tsim Sha Tsui when you have a harbor view room. Always clean and comfortable the benefit of the view is magnificent. It's worth a few extra dollars. Convenience of the location can't be matched. I stay for business on a regular basis. I try new hotels but always go back to the YMCA. Easy access to the China ferry, Kowloon Tong via the MTR and Hung Hom via the MTR. It is sometimes hard to book because it is so popular and reasonably priced.
Phil
We had a great time, very friendly staff, great location. We could walk to the ferry's and to the train in less than 5 mins.
5 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Candice
Due to renovation of the hotel, we have to endure some noise between 9am to 6:30pm.
3 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Greatest Value Hotel in World"
A hotel with Harbor View next to the Peninsula Hotel at a fraction of the price. It is almost fun to tell people I stayed at a YMCA, but don't let that fool you. It is a higher mid priced hotel accommodation. It is worth paying for a higher floor with harbor view which is unforgettable. I keep coming back.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Great location great facilities"
ThIs is an excellent hotel in a great location. Close to the harbor to take the star ferry and close to many museums and the subway stop. I was lucky to have harbor view to see nightly laser light show. The room was recently renovated and very clean.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"The reviews are true- location can't be beat"
Overall a little pricey for the room I got- but you pay for the location, the easy access to the airport, and a genuine Hong Kong experience.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"wow, what a nice surprise"
It was a great surprise the upgrade done to the rooms, I had stayed here last time 2 years ago, did not expect renovation. Great choice of materials and design, overall fantastic, my home in HK!
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Jorge
"Excellent location next to the Ferries toVictoria"
Beautiful Suite on 13th floor / gorgeous view over looking the Bay and facing Victoria Island
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Jean-Claude
"Great view, spotless"
We booked a premium standard room and got upgraded with harbour view. Make sure you stay at one of the newly renovated floors - the rooms are totally spotless and sparkling clean. The space is tiny but it's a great location next to the Peninsula. Breakfast is blah, skip unless you must eat something before the bakeries or dimsum places open.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Vicky
"Nice, Cheaper Hotel Close to Everything"
I was in Hong Kong on business and my company provided hotel didn't start till the following day. So I needed to get a hotel for one night that was moderately affordable, as it was on "my dime". I have eaten breakfast many times at the YMCA (4th floor, very reasonable and good!) so I thought I'd give staying there a try. The price from Expedia was more than $100 US lower than other area hotels, is just as nice, the rooms are very clean, functional, and secure. It was an enjoyable stay and I would do it again.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Very good value for money in Kowloon"
This hotel is clean and comfortable, with friendly staff and good breakfast. It is well located near the Star ferry terminal and the MTR rail station
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"we had very nice stay"
We really enjoy the staying at this hotel. The location is excellent. We like the room and the nice view too. We'll come back again.
2 night trip Jan 2, 2014
"Clean, well equiped hotel in an excellent location"
After reading reviews, I decided to stay at The Salisbury YMCA, and am glad I did! This hotel is clean, has two good restaurants, a gym, indoor pool, plus the fact it is in an excellent location. The ferry is a few minutes walk and buses are just outside the buiding. The personnel are very helpful, and most all the staff speaks good English. I would definitely stay here on a return trip to Hong Kong. The partial harbour view rooms are worth the small additional charge for the view.
7 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Sidney
"Loction/Location/Location"
Only two faults found. No free wi-fi and one day poor service on coffee refill.After complaint, coffee never saw bottom of cup.
5 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Matsumotom
"Affordable room in excellent location."
Excellent location with views of the harbor and the nightly light show. Compare the price with the Peninsula which is right next door. The quality of the rooms was about a 3-star hotel; nothing luxurious, but not bad. I had a lot of space to spread out and relax. The included breakfast was excellent. You can order an omelet or eggs prepared any way you prefer. If you are a coffee snob, there are several coffee shops within less than a 5-minute walk, including a Starbucks near the Star Ferry terminal, Heritage 1881. Hint for first time visitors: Be sure to use the subway entrance to cross the streets.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
JM
"Great location. Near Star Ferry."
Great stay. Great Breakfast. The problem is that the WyFi charge is excessiv. There is no free area in the hotel. I understand they will have free WiFi aftter they finish remodeling. Still, it is the best location in Town.
4 night family trip Oct 6, 2013
Nat Werner
"we had a great stay at your hotel."
The location is excellent and it is easy to get around. There a great places to eat close to the hotel.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
Allan
"Best traveler's hotel"
This hotel is a gem! Location can't be beat and it has all the amenities a travel needs such as an excellent concierge with great information, inexpensive breakfast buffet, and even a laundry room. Best kept secret in HK.
10 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Great place to stay!"
It was perfect. the location, staff, and the accommodations couldn't be better for the price. Would definitely return.
3 night trip Jun 10, 2013
"Location, location, location"
Great place for my needs - great shower, great sleep, room for luggage, and walking distance to everything. Literally across the street from the star ferry and the avenue of the stars. Metro connection on the side of the hotel. Couple of blocks from ferry stop to Macau. Two blocks from Nathan Rd. and a metro stop from Temple St. market. Walkable to just about everywhere. Easy to get to everything (even the airport) on the metro. There is no need to call this a YMCA except that they have a pool and workout floors for members. Otherwise, it is a real nice, up to date hotel that couldn't be more convenient. We stayed on the 13th floor with partial harbor view - unbelievable view of Center - and probably better views that the Peninsula Hotel next door, where rooms cost over $1,000 a night. The P offers 5-star everything, but Salisbury is a solid 3 star and because I don't live in the hotel, would rate it higher - very happy with this place. I would thoroughly recommend.
4 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2013
"excellent location for a good price"
I really enjoyed staying at The Salisbury - YMCA of Hong Kong for it's location, price and view. Proximity to the Star Ferry and to the MTR station can't be beat. Front desk exchanged foreign money. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. (Harbor-view room was worth every penny of the up-grade.) Watched the Harbor Lights show from room! Dining room on the 4th Floor had good views & excellent breakfast. Do-it-yourself laundry facility on 9th floor which included laundry soap. Local tap-water is not recommended for drinking; grateful for electric kettle in room. On 15th Floor the water pressure was great! The beds much too firm. Room was very clean (small stains on the carpet.) All the amenities of a good hotel although we had a great deal of frustration with the Wi-Fi policy of one device at a time. Therefore, we could never be on the internet at the same time. Our cell phones connected to the internet just fine, - one at a time - but I could never get my laptop computer to connect in the room. (It did connect downstairs in the lobby where the wi-fi is not locked) That was the biggest draw-back to our stay. Overall I liked staying at The Salisbury YMCA and would go back.
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2013
Mrs. J
We totally enjoyed our stay at the Salisbury. The location is wonderful. It's close to all the must see sights. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The room was comfortable and clean. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Jun 18, 2013
Harriet
"Convenient hotel near Victoria Harbor"
Overall, I had a good 3-day stay at this hotel. The negatives: very small micro-room (smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in), bed was quite hard and uncomfortable, and the hotel "nickeled & dimed you"" to death...internet was expensive per hour and per day, and had to pay for bottles of water (no complimentary bottles) every day, self-service laundry room, and fitness room each time you used it! Unimpressive and cheap for any international city hotel.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Craig
"Beautiful view and accomodations"
I first stayed at the YMCA in 1981, when it was very utilitarian. Now with an upgraded room, I had an amazing view of Central and the Starr Building/Ferry. Great layout, comfortable bed. Bathtub and fixtures could be updated along with the couch in the front room, which was also a convenient foldout. WiFi was extra, but good. In my rush to go to the airport, I left my credit card at check out. The manager immediately sent me an email, and promptly destroyed the card at my request. Service was excellent.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"YMCA Salisbury"
Perfect location, great rate, clean and efficient
1 night trip May 23, 2013
K
"GOOD HOTEL"
the room was clean and those stuff was very friendly. i lost my passport when i in hongkong, but they were very helpful and helped me find it. i'm really appreciated. if you want to find a convenient location, fine quality and good price, just choose YMCA.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Friendly staff, great location and excellent price. The free breakfast was an added plus and was excellent! Will definitely recommend this place.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Room needs to be refurbished (shabby upholstery, carpet a little run down, a portion of wall paper below window was coming off) - but clean, spacious, comfortable. Right next to the TST station, so very convenient. Restaurant (Mall Cafe) is OK, nothing special. We had family suite, so a living area - they brought up a roll away which was very comfortable for my son. View to harbor- fantastic. For the price and the location, great.
5 night family trip May 10, 2013
"Washer & dryer convenience versus older rooms..."
The rooms were quite old and in desperate need of updating, but they were clean. If it weren't for the self-laundry facilities, I'm not sure if I would stay here again. It was a convenient location, but there are a lot of hotels in the area, so the washer & dryer sealed the deal for me!
2 night business trip Apr 28, 2013
Zastrow
"Reasonable stay"
I have stayed at this hotel in the past and choose it for its location. This time I had numerous problems with the wifi in the room.
5 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2013
"Very pleased! A surprising find."
Very pleased with the Y. This hotel sits in the best location in HK next to hotels costing 2 to 3 times thier price. Get the harbour view room - it's worth the extra dollars espectially for the light show each night. Breamfast uffet was an extra bonus. We will stay here next time!
3 night family trip Feb 18, 2013

"Great Stay, Excellent Staff, Close to MTR"
I've been staying in YMCA Salisbury from last 6 years now and have always liked the property for its good size rooms and walking distance to MTR and to airport express shuttle service. This time they went a step ahead, at check-in the representative asked me about my checking out time and I mentioned 630AM. Since breakfast was included in my room rate the guy asked me that they will be happy to prepare a packed box for my breakfast when I'm checking out as their breakfast time is 7AM onwards. This is a great gesture on Hotel and its team to do small little things which always bring me back to hotel.
2 night business trip Feb 1, 2016
Rajat
SG
"Good Location"
Very good location and nice view.Family Suite is comfortable and clean.Near MTR and shopping arcade.
3 night family trip Dec 10, 2015