All hotels in Paris, France
1 Place Vendôme, Paris, Paris, 75001, France, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Magical"
Magical place to stay. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The people working there do everything and more to make your stay wonderful. We would only stay here if we return.
2 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
PENELOPE
"superb"
superb hotel, great location, friendly and helpful staff. quiet, clean luxurious rooms. excellent front desk staff
4 night family trip May 16, 2015
"No Curtains, No VPN Internet, No Return"
Arrived at 11pm, and after entering room and attempting to retire for the evening found that the curtains would not close. This used to be a nice hotel where the curtains were motorized. which no longer work, but I could not even close the curtains by hand. Calling the front desk initially got a "maintenance staff has gone home, we'll look at it tomorrow". That is unacceptable. I am not going to pay this much money to sleep in front of a window with no curtains, too much light and no privacy. Ended up going downstairs and addressing the staff directly. Eventually worked out a makeshift clip to hold the curtains closed for one night. Maintenance crew untangled the curtains the next day. I expect housekeeping to notice such problems, and I definitely expect to not require having an argument just to get it fixed. Second issue is that the internet authentication is using some technology that is incompatible with VPN. You can connect fine when not on VPN, but once joining a VPN your IP changes and the authenticator disables the route to your device. So it was impossible for me to get any work done in the hotel. I fought this for a day, asked them to reboot the wireless which they did, but were unable to address the problem. Ultimately I cut our visit from 3 days to just 2 days spent. There are other excellent hotels in the same neighborhood. Unfortunate - this hotel looks like a good property on paper, but my first trip there was not likely to lead to a return trip.
3 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Don
"Luxury and Location - what could be better?"
What a beautiful small luxury hotel this is - the epitome of old-world charm. The staff was very accommodating both via email before our arrival as well as during our stay. We did encounter a few small problems (AC in the bedroom did not work & shower head holder was broken) so after the first day the staff moved us to a new suite. We also decided to extend our stay by a day & management met the Expedia price at which we had booked...something they were not obligated to have to do.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Suzanne
"Style, comfort and location"
My typical visit to Paris last only a few days and then I either want to cover as much as possible or rest. Hotel Vendome is perfect for both. The fact that it is small gives me a nice homy feeling.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
word wide trave
"Great location but no amenities and overpriced"
This is my 1st review ever but I feel the need to comment on my experience. This was my 2nd stay at the Hotel de Vendome. It's a nice hotel in a good location but I would not stay there again. The hotel has no amenities; there is not a gym, spa, lobby lounge in which to relax, bar or restaurant to speak of (there is a restaurant but I didn't observe anyone dining there other than for breakfast). Thus, you are paying a lot of money for just a room. I think you can find much better values and accommodations elsewhere. Also, the plaza in which the hotel is located is very quiet and practically dead given that the Ritz (which is next door) is undergoing renovation and closed. Also, I did not find the reception staff particularly professional and the concierge (who I believe was also the reception clerk) was not very knowledgeable. Lastly, the hotel permits dogs and the dog across the hall from me barked. I called the front desk to complain and they sent someone up to speak with the owner but a barking dog is not something I want to deal with on my vacation. The hotel seems to have lost its magic and given its price, I don't see much reason, if any, to stay there. If you want to spend a lot of money for a bed in a good location, then it's fine. But if you want anything more, stay elsewhere.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Mel
Lovely stay. Staff were excellent. Location fabulous.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Not really 5 star"
Great people and a very helpful concierge, and a great location, but the rooms are small and the bathrooms are tiny with awkward fixtures and a poor shower. A 5 star hotel has two sinks, a separate WC, and a decent shower. Hard to find in Paris.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
wdwatl
"Great location!"
Heat in room was very hot, we finally turned it off and got comfortable. The location was fabulous and the staff was helpful. Gorgeous marble throughout helped make our Paris experience.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Prime location, beautiful rooms, lovely staff."
I go to Paris every year. I've tried many hotels/neighborhoods across the $$ spectrum, from the Plaza Athenee & Ritz on down. I think this is a gem with a blue chip location, and excellent service. The staff was exceptional: helpful, friendly, warm, etc. The only complaint is that our non-smoking room was invaded by the heavy smoking in adjacent rooms. The guests on our floor not only seemed to spend the entire day in their room…but spent the entire day smoking. Often, they would prop open their doors…so the smoke filled the halls, and consequently, our room. The hotel insisted that their was nothing they could do about it.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
M
"Excellent Hotel on Place Vendome, Paris"
The Hotel de Vendome met and exceeded all my expectations for my stay in Paris.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Margaret
"Outstanding location ... Outstanding staff ..."
The staff are smart, friendly, helpful The location is perfect The restaurant and bar are unique and delightful The whole experience was outstanding
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Patrick
"Parisian Charm in the heart of Paris Place Vendome"
Impeccable friendly service in a romantic environment
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
alex D
"Good Choice"
The hotel was central to everything we wanted to do; good shopping , cafés and access to Metro. In European fashion, rooms are small, but clean and plenty of closet space. Bathroom was roomy and good water pressure in shower. Staff was responsive.
6 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
Mother & Daughter
"Intimate hotel, close to everything."
We were very pleased with our room, the staff and the location. We walked everywhere-- The Louvre is only blocks away and the Tuillieres Garden is just on the corner. It's a great place to watch people. Restaurants and shops: love this little hotel!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Joan
"Perfect location!"
We loved our stay, and particularly the senior male concierge who was able to get dinner reservations at all the most popular spots!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Beth
"She's still got it!"
The first time I stayed at Hotel Vendome was in 1988. I was curious if the hotel was as nice as I remembered it to be. I have to say that like a fine wine, Hotel de Vendome has not only maintained her best qualities she's improved. The staff were exceptional. If you're looking for a hotel in Paris, she's the one. Great location, beautiful rooms, and small luxury hotel staff standards.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Jean
"Great Location - OK Staff"
The manjor benefit of this hotel is its location at Place vendome on the corner of Rue St. Honore - within walking distance of all major french boutiques. Staff was OK. The room is very nice and bathroom specially. Could be a bit more spacious. Overall a good recommendation at a great location!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Lovely boutique hotel in Paris"
Lovely small boutique hotel centrally located in Paris 1st arrondisement...an easy walk to the Louvre, Tuilleries, Musee d'Orsay, l'Orangerie, Champs Elysee, Marais, restaurants, cafes and attractions. Very pleasant and welcoming staff who were more than happy to provide assistance and information as needed. Room and amenities were great and service was impeccable.
Other trip May 26, 2014
NT
The hotel location is fantastic and the staff is very nice and helpful, the room was super small, double room didn't even have a queen size bed ( only full size) very uncomfortable and absolutely not worth the price paid.
8 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Perfect location in Paris"
Hotel was quiet and comfortable, but right in the middle of it all. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful at all times. Room was lovely and spacious for a European hotel. Shower was large with strong hot water. Wifi was fast and reliable. Bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Erin
"Great location, service and room!"
Room was beautiful and the staff were very helpful. Great location for shopping and restaurants. Only complaint was the hard bed but still had a great night's sleep. So far my favorite parisian hotel.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
divjef
This hotel was beyond spectacular in its ambiance, location, service and staff attitude. We will stay there on any future trips to Paris.
4 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
Keith Zavitz
There for business - perfect hotel in perfect condition.
3 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"Excellent location!"
Small, well presented hotel in a great location. The staff were very friendly and helpful from booking taxis to recommending restaurants. Would definitely stay again. The only downfall was the breakfast. It was simple, but expensive for what it was. However, the breakfast room is beautiful. You can also go across the street to a cafe and get breakfast, which what's great.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
D
"Excellent location, room luxury"
Second stay in this hotel and was wonderful for second time, Expedia VIP upgrade!
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
art
"Good Location"
It was a nice hotel with a good location. The room is small but nice. The TV didn't work for our entire stay with no effort to fix it. We were out of the room most of the time.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2014
This hotel is private, charming and quaint. It is located in a great prime real estate area with high end shopping. There are bakeries and restuarants very close by, within walking distance. Everyone is nice and friendly and I eould definitely return.
Response by Hotel de Vendome
Dear Guest, Thank you very muchfor your comments! We wish you a Happy New Year!!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Lani
"Excellent place for the city trip"
Amazing location Good decorated premises
Response by Hotel de Vendome
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your comments! We wish you a Happy New Year!!
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
alex
"Perfect"
The hotel was located perfectly for what we wanted to do in Paris. It also provided a quiet respite from the busy streets. The staff were friendly but professional.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
MJ
"Very nice hotel, acceptable room for the price"
This is a un upscale hotel, centrally located. I chose the least expensive room which was nice but a bit too small for the price with no view. Continental breakfast (29 Euros) was good. American breakfast (39 Euros) had a very limited selection and the service was slow. Once I came back to my room after breakfast to find the maid in my room talking on her cell phone and not rushing to finish my room. I had 1 American breakfast and 2 continental breakfasts. The bill included 3 American breakfasts. The front clerk promptly corrected the error. I realize I could have had a better room it I had paid extra for it but I feel for what I paid the room should have been bigger and better.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Antonio
"Great location with terrific staff"
Hotel staff went above and beyond the call of duty. Front desk staff got tickets for all museums that saved us from being in many long lines. Room was very comfortable and quiet. We will definitely go back.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
steve
"Great stay! Great location!"
We stayed here for a short trip to Paris, only two nights. The service was excellent - extremely friendly, prompt and efficient bell staff. The check-in was also easy. We arrived early and our room was not ready until the afternoon but we were able to leave our bags. Unfortunately, the elevator was broken, which was quite bad - it never worked our entire stay. For older people, this could be quite a nuisance. We were okay but after long days of walking, it was a pain to take the stairs up to the room again and again. We stayed in the deluxe double with two twins that are basically pushed together to make a king. Excellent, clean, very functional and spacious room. Besides that, the best part was a remote box next to the bed that controlled all the lighting, drapes, music, etc. It was so easy to use and made things very efficient. The beds and bedding were comfortable and exactly as you'd hope for in this level of hotel. Oh, one thing I noticed was the toiletries were somewhat questionable. The shampoo and conditioner bottles looked used, but they had a sticker seal on the closure. I got a weird feeling that these bottles are refilled for guests and then they put a sticker on them. They didn't seem filled all the way and something not quite "fresh". The same thing w/ the lotion at the sink area. Had I known, I would have brought my own. That was the only thing in the room that gave me an icky feeling. I would stay again and highly recommend!
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Holly
The staff and management was fantastic. They were helpful and accommodating in 3 separate stays over the course of one week. We will stay there again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Nice hotel; would be ideal if elevator work"
Hotel is a great hotel; but unfortunately during this stay (4 days) the main elevator was not working the entire time and we were provided a room on the 4th floor. Other than this inconvenience the hotel is ideally situated, friendly staff and over all a luxurious hotel.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Deliciously French, perfect location"
I was a little concerned when we first arrived because the check in process was slow, mostly due to the fact that the lovely woman at the desk was juggling phone calls, etc all by herself. That proved to be an anomaly, though, because the hotel seemed well staffed and everyone was very courteous throughout our stay. We travelled with two other couples and all of our rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. The bathrooms were especially luxurious for a European hotel. I loved the location: right across from the Tuilleries Gardens and easy walking to the Louvre, Notre Dame, Royal Opera and even the Grand Palais. I would be happy to stay there again.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Welcoming staff, very comfortable, well located."
Couldn't have been happier with the ambience, location and staff.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
i always enjoy this hotel this time the volume was turned down too low on my tv and i could not hear the news. 9i am not hard of hearing) i asked the desk to adjust but it did not happen.otherwise very happy.
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2013
esther burton
"Perfect location for sight-seeing, shopping..."
We stayed here for two legs of our journey - and each time was perfect. I would say that the hotel exceeded my every expectation until the second stay. The room 'felt' less grand, but maybe it was just how amazing the first room was for us. Tons of great food, every major/key attraction and amazing shopping are all within a few hundred meters.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Nick
"Beautiful Location"
Elegant hotel. Dining staff for breakfast really went out of their way to serve us. Beautiful quiet room. Front desk staff inconsistent. On check-in very welcoming and accommodating. Day of check-out they could not seem to figure out how to print our boarding passes. We were granted a 1:00 p.m. checkout and when we arrived back at room at 12:45 p.m. we were locked out. They responded with "oh we forgot". Overall location and convenience to high end shopping and restaurants was great!
2 night romance trip Sep 20, 2013
"Magnificent!"
Hotel de Vendome exceeded our expectations for luxurious accommodations and first class service. We appreciated its proximity to cafes, shops, and nearby gardens.
Response by Hotel de Vendome
Dear Guest, We thank you for your comment and we expect to welcome you back in a near future.
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
"Our trip to Paris"
Our experience was wonderful. The hotel was in a fantastic location. We left every morning on foot and just walked all through Paris. Everyone who worked at the front desk was so helpful.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
susan
"PLEASE KEEP YOUR ROOMS CLEAN !!"
It is incredible, that a Hotel Vendome , have so much dirt on the room carpet. The chairs have a fabric that try to hide dirty, but these chairs had huge stains and even on one of then the fabric was rip. The rooms had beautiful doors, but once you are inside is a total different storie. Please check and clean your rooms properly. We paid an expensive Hotel to have , a nice stay, not to have chairs you can not seat because they were disgusting. My room was 107. was the last legs of our trip , we were there for two nights, that is why I did not ask to be change to another room. Conclusion I dont go back there, if you go. Please check your room first.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
Ester
"Great hotel & location"
Everything was great however it was disappointing to find the hotel restaurant was under construction- paid a lot for the hotel room and that information should have been disclosed or the hotel rate adjusted. The hotel is centrally located to all the sites, museums, and shopping.
3 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Anne M
"Paris city hotel"
3 sisters in Paris. Quiet & lovely hotel with wonderful staff. Liked the idea of free wifii even for our 3 separate devises . Location is great for shopping. Metro stops in walking distance
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Nice Location"
Wonderful
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2013
"perfectly located"
Nice boutique hotel with great location in Place Vendome. Perfect for my business visit. Staff polite and obliging. Comfortable rooms though a little on the small side.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Suresh
"Great experience"
I was looking for a place to stay in paris & found good reviews of this hotel on expedia & trip advisor. I was traveling alone & was particularly interested in a perfect location which is safe & close to city attractions. I have found the location to be even closer than i had thought when i first seen the map to almost every attraction i had set to visit. I stayed 2 nights &with in minutes first day i arrive up walking from place de vendome to opera house, then after a cafè break back to garden toulries where i walked through place de concorde, palais royal, to set in champs elysee for dinner. I set next day to latin quarter & injoyed a 4 hour private tour in garden du Luxembourg , walk through saint germain & delicious macroon in La duree. Then crossed back la sien & walked past the louvre to my hotel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
jazi
"Location, location, location"
Beautiful small hotel with prime location. The location is 5 star; the hotel overall is more like a 4 star. Staff is friendly, and hotel is very clean.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
MPC
"We had a wonderful stay"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The location was perfect and the accommodations exceeded our expectations. The staff was friendly and helpful in answering our questions and arranging our excursions. We could not have made a better choice for our stay in Paris. Thank you to all the staff at Hotel de Vendome for making our stay so memorable. We will be back.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013