All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1627 16th St Nw, Washington, DC, 20009, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"3 stars to say the least"
First of all, I'd like to say that the service at this hotel by its staff was fairly good and they were really nice; however, this hotel came with free Wifi that didn't reach my room on the 5th floor, the lobby coffee could use some improving, and the rooms didn't look as clean as I would have liked... But overall, I would give it roughly 3 stars.
2 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2015
"Trip to the Capitol :-)"
My stay was fantastic!! Perfect location...Helpful front desk staff!! Room was a bit stuffy though..Regardless..I'd definitely do D.C and Embassy Inns again!!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2015
Kapembwa
"family vacation"
Location is great and rooms were clean. Parking was a big problem for us since the hotel didn't have parking available but they will give you a direction to a nearby parking garage which is expensive and inconvenient. The rooms were super small with hardly any space to move around. Parking was our main issue and we had to change hotels the following day because of that.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
everyone was very pollite, Room's were to small, the kid at desk said if we ordered a [izza he would send them to ower room but when he got to the hotel they called us and we had to go back down to the lobby to get the pizza
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
william
"Not the absolute worst but I'm not satisfied."
Firstly the hotel website says "complimentary breakfast" but at the hotel its $5/per person. Next, the hotel I thought I had reserved via hotels.com was a two queen bed room, upon getting to my room there was only one in a very small space. Because this was a trip for me and my boyfriend we both would need to shower. Unfortunately, there was only one wash cloth in the room. No big deal I thought until when we asked for more washcloths we were given two of their smaller towels. I won't be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Mailisa
"Can't beat the location"
Awesome location Cute hotel Having to be buzzed in was a little creepy but other than that. I'd come back !
3 night trip Jun 12, 2015
We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and enjoyed seeing all the monuments and museums. It is about 2 miles to the White House. Some times we would walk to downtown and other times we would take the Metro which is about 1/2 mile from the hotel.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Not good!"
I did not expect the room to be that small, the TV did not work.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Not quite up to expectation."
The location was reasonably good and there were many things to do in the vicinity. However, the booking stated that there would be parking available for a fee and this was simply that there was a parking garage five-ish blocks away. The room was somewhat small, but servicable. The rainshower seemed like it would be nice, but so many of the glass tiles were missing that it was painful to stand under the shower for any duration of time.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Nice Little Boutique Hotel"
We liked this hotel. It suited our needs well as we basically were touring around all day and just slept here. I called the day before we arrived and they said we could drop our luggage off early as we were arriving on a 9 am flight and check in is not until 2. It was a rainy day and they said to help ourselves to coffee and tea in the lobby which was very welcome. Also answered our questions about walking distances and where things were etc. We asked for a wake up call on our last morning and this was prompt. Also they ordered their private taxi to take us to the airport and he was early to pick us up and very friendly. Overall we enjoyed our stay here.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"business stay"
The hotel staff said that I had a 1 night reservation even though I had a copy of the 2 night reservation. He said that I would have to talk to the manager in the morning as the hotel was fully booked. Checked me in for 2 nights though and I didn't hear anything else. The rooms are really small. Pretty much just large enough for a full size bed. No tub in the bathroom, only shower. TV is small. Not too many outlets, one of which was not working. No closet or iron. There was an armoire with no drawers. Wifi was free but had to call the front desk to get code.
2 night business trip May 17, 2015
"A place to crash for the night, that's all"
It wasn't really an issue for me as I just needed a place to crash for one night, but this was frankly a pretty dingy place. The public areas seemed OK, but the room was very small, dark and quite poorly maintained (stains on the carpet, etc). Nice location, easy walk to all the eateries and bars of U street and not far to Dupont, Farragut, etc, but don't expect more that the very basics.
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
"Tiny room overpriced"
Tiniest hotel room I have ever seen for more than $200. Staff at desk are rude. Very old hotel but clean. Can tolerate does maximum of 1 or 2 nights alone
2 night business trip May 17, 2015
"Small but close to amenities"
On check in front desk put us in a room that was already occupied; then placed us in a room with a full size bed announcing that all the queens were changed out to fullsize. The reservation was for a queen size bed which is what they advertised. The fullsize bed rooms are just big enough for a single person to stay in. After talking with the morning clerk, she did move us to a larger room that we could actually move around in and low and behold it had a kingsize bed. Overall the place was decent and located close to metro, many restaurants and other shops like Safeway, dry cleaners, etc. Neighborhood was wonderful. Very quiet and peaceful residential neighborhood. We enjoyed our walks and would return to the area again.
Other trip May 21, 2015
M
The hotel conditions and accomadations were grossly exaggerated compared to the actual accomadations and condition of the hotel.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Horrible experience!"
Paid for our room before we saw it. It was so small our unopened suitcases barely fit inside. The bed was a double, not a queen. We were informed that they had no queen beds, and it was Expedia's error, not theirs. The desk clerk refused to refund our money and was incredibly rude. Expedia found us another room a couple of hours later which was fine.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Bebe
"Nice area, terrible room"
The room and bathroom were tiny. Floor was uneven, shower tiles were coming up or missing, toilet wasnt bolted to floor, door had no dead bolt, key card had to be reactivated several times, no refrigerator or bottled water. Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Its a cheap deal, but not worth it. Pay the extra money to stay elsewhere.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Jamie
"Nice hotel at great location"
A great hotel at a nice location - close to the Dupont Metro Station, several restaurants, and a supermarket. The room I was in was quite small, but serviceable for my needs - travelling alone, packed lightly, out most of the day because of a conference and sightseeing, and wanted a place with a comfortable bed and a tv to watch as I get ready to turn in for the night. I really appreciate being able to adjust the temperature in the room easily - something I've strangely had difficulties with in nicer hotels. Staff is really nice too. One staff member helped me print out something that I had forgotten to print out. And I overheard another staff member suggesting various places to visit to another guest.
Other trip May 10, 2015
L
"Cheap in all ways"
Extremely cramped Barely open door without hitting bed Noisy with people in and out until 4am Room is desperate need of updating Pretty much what you get for 120 per night in dc
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"The odor filled tiny room"
Make sure you can carry your bags up a few stairs since there are no elevator. I received my room key at the unwelcoming front desk. I opened my door to reveal the tiniest of rooms, lumpy beds, & broken dresser. Once I turned on the air unit for some cool air, the smell started-smoke and allergens. I checkout right away!
Other trip May 6, 2015
RichMetz
"Great room for a low price"
It's clean and quiet
2 night trip May 1, 2015
ning
They always left trash in the room. They made the bed but never picked up the trash.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Modest but nice hotel"
The Embassy Inn is in a great location, about a 15-20 minute walk to the White House and Du Pont Circle. My room was small but nice. The hotel lacks parking and the modest breakfast was $5 (at the time I booked I thought it was included). I'd definitely stay here again as it was much less than anything else I found in the area.
3 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Matthew
"Never Agin!"
I truly expected a different atmosphere than what I received. First, I was given single room when I clearly paid and reserved a double room. The hotel staff was unwilling to correct the problem. Next the room I was given was the size of a closet with old out dated and broken dressers. The bathroom was so tiny that it was only room for a stand up shower! The whole room looked like a utility closest with a stand up shower. I have stayed at many hotels but this one was horrible! No parking and the breakfast is bagel and orange juice or cereal. I could have stayed a Motel and I would have had a better experience.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Alicia
"Quaint hotel in good location, but loud"
This is not the first time I have stayed here. It is a lovely, quaint old-style hotel in a great location for getting around DC. However, this time I was given a room right next to the front desk-it was incredibly loud! I heard the front door bell everytime it rang, and when groups of guests came to the front desk, I could hear their whole conversation. I did not get a good night's sleep. I don't think I will be back.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2015
The front desk attendants were very helpful to my daughter and to me on our stay we will stay here again, for sure
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Location, locaton, location"
Everything about this hotel is fine - simply fine. There is nothing outstanding about the staff, the rooms and ammenities. The Embassy Inn is an okay hotel. However, and this is a big "however" what it lacks in charm, it more than makes up in location. Stepping out the front door, one steps directly into a vibrant neighborhood with lots of places to shop and restaurants to select from. It is within bike riding distance of the Smithsonian Museums, the White House and memorials and more. We counted ourselves fortunate to have selected the Embassy Inn siimply because it had an absolutely outstanding location. We loved it! Would we recommend this hotel to a friend? Only if they were adventurouse and were more interested in the surroundings and not the so into the room size or other ammenities.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Mark and Dean
"Great transportation location but small beds!"
We booked a queen sized bedroom on Expedia. When we got to our room the bed was so tiny! Not a queens size! When we spoke to the front they said they don't have Queens size beds! Why did we pay for something we didn't get?
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Basically a hostel"
I don't ask for much but this hotel is a dump. They tried to give me a basement room next to the laundry center. The shower was a tiny, concrete triangle. Also not close to metro center, about a 20 minute walk. You get what you pay for.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Ansley
Paid for a king-size room and was given a tiny room with a double bed and no closets. Then was transferred to room with king size bed but still very small. Next-door was housekeeping which was very loud early in the morning. Would not recommend this hotel
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Budget hotel"
Got an Expedia package and chose this hotel. I read the reviews and was somewhat prepared for what we got. The rug is dirty as you walk in, the rooms are small. There are few surfaces on which to place anything - none in the bathroom. No bureau, one small box closet that was placed in the room (not in wall). Best: The beds were pretty firm and sheets were decent. Worst: It took ten minutes for the water to get hot in the shower. If you want a plate or fork, either bring it or borrow it from the "breakfast" room open from 7-9 am (locked after that.) We had cheese and crackers but had to eat them hand to mouth. When I asked the guy at the front desk for an extra plastic ice bucket, he said no. The location is good, although I would rather be on the metro line instead of the bus line as it gets you more places. It is a budget hotel, but not providing an extra plastic ice bucket seems unnecessarily cheap. It would have made me review the place better. I would only very cautiously recommend this hotel. Expect no luxuries.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Hotel room is small but cheap."
It's ok. Cheap when compare to the other hotel during cherryblossom week.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Jack
"Avoid"
terrible hotel. Cold and rude front desk. Very very old, smells like car freshener. One room they offered me was so small the door hit the bed when you opened it to go into the room. Old carpeting and I didn't want to walk barefoot on the carpet. Thin walls. And be prepared to walk up stairs to the "lobby" with nobody to offer help. The woman at the front desk couldn't be bothered. BUT great street and location. You get what you pay for....
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
"Highly Recommended Tourist Class Hotel"
This is a budget tourist class hotel, but that is exactly what I was looking for. It is in an up-scale neighborhood only a fifteen minute walk to the Whitehouse, Dupont Square, and U Street. My room was small, but cozy and comfortable, and spotlessly clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Considering how expensive DC hotels are, I thought the Embassy Inn was an exceptional value.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Avid Traveler
"Good price, poor beds"
First room was tiny with a creaky lumpy mattress. We asked for another room and they gave us one that was better. A bit larger and the mattress was acceptable. Both rooms had a single queen bed. The location is good, a 5 min walk to the DuPont Circle Metro station. Lots of restaurants in the area.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Eddie
"Great location at a great rate"
Great rate in a terrific part of town!
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Kyle
"Just okay"
Inn is a bit old and needs updating. We had a front room and heard all the traffic on 16th street. The windows were not insulated and quite drafty. They did supply an electric heater. The bed was as hard as a rock; very uncomfortable. However the room was clean and location accommodated our needs. The deal price was inviting which made us book. The staff was friendly.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Boutique hotel with few extras"
This boutique hotel is well located, but the room was claustrophobically tiny, making it rather uncomfortable for 3 adults and a teen. The in-window heater unit was loud and older. The furniture, carpeting, and walls are showing some wear, and the rooms are very basically decorated. The hotel has pulled its advertised continental breakfast, and now advertises a five dollar per person charge, for bagels and such, apparently. They did not have it available, so I am assuming that it is not requested. Coffee and tea are (inconsistently) available in the lobby area; very basic, and usually warm with a nearby microwave. There are unavoidable stairs upon entering which could pose a problem for differently-abled folks. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the very firm beds were surprisingly comfortable. The tiny bathroom did not even have any counter space, but it was attractively tiled and fresh-looking, with ample hot water for four long showers! We knew that we would spend very little time in the room, and we did know that we were getting basic accommodations. DC lodging was quite pricey in general during this spring break time, and we did enjoy our trip immensely. I would stay here again, sans offspring, perhaps.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Denisepeace
"Small rooms, helpful staff"
Dolores was extremely helpful at the front desk. She had us wait for a bigger room and held our luggage.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
aj
"nice close to white house in Washington dc"
the staff and the place are nice a lot to do around the hotel restaurant supermarket safe place to bring family to have fun
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Abraham
"Good, accessible location"
This was a great location, situated near Dupont Circle. Staff was courteous, helpful and professional. Price is quite reasonable.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Mold and only 2 hangers."
When I arrived, they gave me a room , which was in their basement. So there was no view out of the windows. There was plenty of mold, particularly in the bathroom area. There were 2 hangers in the open area, they called a closet. I asked for more than 2 hangers, but they couldn't find any more. My daughter lives nearby, so she gave me a few hangers, and I donated them to the room.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
H
"cozy rooms very clean. free breakfast"
I had such a nice trip would have stayed an extra day but snow was on the way otherwise had a great stay
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
patty
"Avoid.."
From the noisy aircon to the huge trench in the mattress really nothing good about this hotel... Oh and staff say there's only wifi in the lobby.. turns about there's a bit of signal in the room too which you'll need search for other hotels you can move to. If you're a business traveler and may need to iron a pair of pants or shirt forget it.. miniature ironing board that slides all over the drawer chest.. Also feeling like sleeping in a bit? I don't think so! Front door is locked at all times and they have to buzz you in which means your day generally rudely starts at 6am with the sound of the front door bell echoing through the building. Early night? No way... I had what sounded like 20 or so guests in a nearby room having a wild and loud party..
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Hotel is conveniently located for where we were. Some of the rooms are small but always are functional and clean.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Washington D.C. vacation"
Comfortable room. Hotel staff very helpful with area information. Good price in good location. Metro bus stop directly in front of hotel and within walking distance to 2 metro rail stations.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Rita
was awakened by dripping water in the middle of the night
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Good price for the location"
Small rooms but good price for what was offered. Staff is very friendly
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
business traveler to DC. This was very close to the office I was working in.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Not a good deal"
Very bare bones for the price. Old furniture, worn carpeting, smell of smoke in hallways. Staff was great but rooms were just ok. Luckily found parking on the street.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015