All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1627 16th St Nw, Washington, DC, 20009, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Smelly hotel, but OK for a cheap overnight stay"
Hotel has that really old smell that means they rarely clean the carpets or drapes. Asked receptionist to send my mail, but she did not. Hotels.com ad states that there is an Airport Shuttle. When I called prior to get a pickup at the airport they said no, just for getting to airport. When I tried to get to the airport: No, there isn't - they will call you a shuttle! Their defense was that it is on their website. Don't bother with their $5 breakfast - bad OJ, 2 sugar cereals and a waffle maker is what you get. Plenty of diners and a Safeway nearby. Taxis are easy to get on the street, so that is good.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2016
robert
"Good deal in D.C."
Got stuck in D.C. during the Snowpocalypse. Good to have a safe warm place with good cable TV that wasn't expensive.
2 night trip Jan 21, 2016
"Comfy stay in great location"
We stayed overnight on New Years Eve. The room was basic but adequate and the bed was comfy. The location was great,very close to DuPont Circle.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Rooms are smaller. They have stopped serving free breakfast. Microwave, fridge, iron board and room coffee making services were not available in the room.
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2016
The heat was not working in the room. I'd like a manager to call me at 202-263-8317
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2016
"Meh"
The hotel was very decorative and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The service was alright but the main problem was the bathroom and room size was too small especially since I came with both of my teenage children.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2016
Carlos
"Wet carpet, uncomfortable bed and not noise proof!"
This was a horrible place to stay. Our room had wet carpet that we hope was from shampooing. There wasn't even a fan on to attempt to dry out the carpet. We had to fight with the heat unit to even get that working (which it did so begrudgingly & poorly) and after running it overnight the carpet was still damp the next morning. Not only did we have to keep our shoes on the entire stay but this also meant that we had absolutely nowhere to put our bags except on a tiny desk & on the bed to keep our items from getting wet. The bed was pure springs & very uncomfortable. The bed was only made up with two sheets & a thin blanket in the closet. No comforter or anything so we were chilly the entire stay. Not noise proof so the whole night we heard neighbors fight & were awoken by a baby crying. Bright and early the next morning after such a disrupted night of sleep we were awoken by doors closing and maid service. The shower took 10 minutes before it warmed up. The small wardrobe did not have a handle or even closed. Your only parking options are either street parking or a lot. Unfortunately, the lot costs $35 per night and if you leave your car past 8am then there is another $18 charge. The few good things I have to say are that the hotel's cable gets a surprisingly good range of channels and that it is close to restaurants. If this place had only cost $40 a night then I would say that all of the above made sense but for $125 a night this was a major disappointment.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
"Great location and neigborhood, worrisome parking"
Nice cozy hotel in a very good neighborhood. Close to the Mall but NOT in the bad neighborhood AT ALL. The Hotels.com price for this location was amazingly reasonable. Room is small but clean. In room electrical heating was turned on in preparation, very quite and comfortable. We turned it down because it was too hot. Shower was unfortunately very cold that I had to skip it. Parking is a problem. We were lucky to find a street parking slot close to midnight, but most slots are taken, and the nearby parking garages are closed.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Rude staff, unhelpful
1 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
"Very satisfied"
Room is a little small but all the buildings in the neighborhood are older and designed as such. If you plan to host a get together there, it will not be big enough. It was a perfect size for me. Wifi is free but the range is weak. Very clean, no issues with staff and the price is fine for that area. Very nice neighborhood with bars and restaurants. All the sites and Metro line are in walking distance. Will stay here again if I go to DC
3 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
"Hotel needs to be updated!"
Rooms were very small. Need major updates to rooms. (Needs paint, new carpets, new furniture, new window shades). Elevator had a bad smell. Maybe from the carpet. Bath towels were different sizes. Shower pressure was weak. Windows were thin, you can hear all the traffic from outside. However, great toiletries from Bath & Body Works.
3 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
KIM
"great room for the price"
a budget hotel in a nice neighborhood, plenty of restaurants to choose from, easy walk to the White house. All I wanted was a place to sleep and shower at a great price. I will stay here again
3 night trip Nov 9, 2015
Derek
"Nice small place that is decent for a stay."
I had always gone by the hotel in the past but never went in. This place was decent. The room was small but comfortable. It had the black out curtains I like. I did not like the fact that the carpet was wet as they had just cleaned it so I had to use my slippers to walk around. Yuck. Aside from that it was okay.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
Andrecita
"Somewhat disappointing, for the price."
The hotel is part of a row of older brownstones and, as such, appears quite modest from the exterior. The lawn is not well maintained, creating the impression of being slightly unkempt... which carries throughout the interior. The rooms are small, the walls are exceedingly thin, and it is still a solid 10 min. walk from Dupont metro station. There is plenty of coffee, hot water in the AM, and a modest assortment of bagels, croissants, pastries etc but do not try to have anything past 9 am: the breakfast room shuts down at 9 am sharp. No fridge or coffee makers in the room.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"No Hot Water"
Well, we checked in. My girl got a tea from the small coffee/Tea station. Problem is it was cold. A sign of things come? Yes there was not hot water for the shower in the AM. For $180 a night, I would like hot water.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
Nick
Not much service. No nearby parking! $35 a day for parking. No ice in machine. Small crowded rooms. Hall carpet was dirty.
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
"Cheap but mediocre"
You must walk up a flight of stairs to get in. The hotel is dirty and dingy. The room was minimal but fine. The price was great. A very inexpensive breakfast. was available. It was a Decent location.
Other trip Nov 6, 2015
A visitor to DC
It was great but really small
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
Marina
"Hotel in good, safe part of downtown."
Great downtown location. Near metro. Hotel very old and out dated. No fridge or microwave in room. There is a community fridge in the lobby. Guests do not have ability to open front door of lobby unless staff lets them in. I went for a run one morning at 6 am. It was cold and raining. After I was done, I was unable to get into hotel for almost 20 minutes. I rang the doorbell multiple times, as well as called the hotel numerous times. There was no answer to be let in. I was only able to get in as another guest was leaving. That was my only big complaint about the hotel. The hotel is in a good location. Plus you don't go on vacation to stay in a hotel room the entire time. It serves it's purpose as sleeping quarters when we were done sight seeing. I would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
runner, travelr
"Great stay for a great price."
The accomodations suited my needs.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
"Back room"
I like the location for the night life, I did not like the fact that I was put in a room on the 5th floor all the way in the back of the building with a view of a dirty alleyway. It made me feel secluded and unwelcome. I'll be sure to check for other hotels before making they one a option.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
"Awful."
I got put into the basement. Location did not feel safe and door lock broken. Dank smell and no place to hang clothes (no closet, rack, etc.). I understand small, but this was not appointed with basic things. I also got such a weak signal in the basement I could not attach to the internet to work. The free breakfast I got when I signed up was now $5 per person. Staff could have cared less about it all. I will never go back.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
Lane
"THE WORST WEEKEND !"
it was he worst hotel I've been too , the room was like a walk in closet with a twin bed in it . i couldn't even move around comfortable I didn't even stay more then 15 mins with out wanting my money back which I didn't get .
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
Donicka
"Low Quality Hotel in a Good Location"
The hotel was conviently located for easy access to everything, however that is the only good thing I can say about it. The room was very small. The shower was very small. There were 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels & only 1 wash cloth meaning my husband & I had to share. I had to ask daily for a second wash cloth until the 5th day of our 7 day stay. I also had to ask at least twice for clean cups. I was very disappointed!
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
Pat
Staff unhelpful and disinterested. Noisy at night with traffic. Hotel is in disrepair. Carpet is dirty, paint is peeling off the wood, walls are stained, windows are taped shut, AC filters were filthy . Would not recommend.
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
Jeanne
"Location But Otherwise Lacking"
Great location to explore NW DC. Walking distance to White House, National Mall, DuPont Circle, the revitalized U Street, Embassies, Metro, etc. The room very small. Carpet was old and in need of replacement. Bed sagged at sides. Inside needed an extreme makeover, save bathroom which was recently remodeled. Amenities were scarce. Staff was casual, But helpful when engaged.
5 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
"As long as your not staying in the room."
The room was small and did not have enough room for my clothes.The television was limited with no movie channels. It was clean and the staff was pleasant.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
jennifer
"Smell like death!!!"
After asking to look at the room 1st, we decided not to stay at this location. The rooms were cold and very outdated... Extremity poor condition.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Neville
"Staff made the difference, but....."
The bed was uncomfortable, gave me neck pains in the morning. The continental breakfast in the morning need some dredging up with fresh breads and Danish . There were fruit flies. The carpet in the hallway needs changing. It's too dirty already. The phone in the room does Not work. Need a printer in the computer to print boarding passes, etc. need TV in the waiting area. The staff are amazing and vey helpful.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2015
"best place to stay in DC"
best place to stay in Washington DC. We visit DC to see Pope Francis and Embassy Inn happens to be close to the Apostolic Nunciature, White House, St. Matthew's Cathedral and WMATA.
3 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
"Close to downtown. Close to good restaurants."
The hotel was fine, but I received a few flea bits over our stay. Room was dimly lit, should have a few more lights in the room.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Tena
"Perfectly functional hotel"
DC isn't a cheap place to stay and this hotel is just fine if you're looking for a bed. Rooms were small. No real amenities beyond a TV and some coffee at the front desk. They have breakfast (cereal and bagels/pastries) in the morning for $5. Your key doesn't get you in the front door so you have to be buzzed in, which can be a pain if the front desk clerk is away for a couple minutes. Location is in a nice neighborhood and reasonably quick access to the rest of DC. It wasn't a great hotel but when I return to DC I'll have no problem staying there again.
3 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2015
We left as soon as we checked in. The room was on the first floor next to the elevator. the one window looked at a brink wall. the toilet ran. and the ac was on the floor. the door hit the bed when you opened it. we lost our $130. needless to say i wont be using hotels.com in the future for travel booking.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"Very old, no pride in ownership."
Got there late and tired; knew we had a room with guaranteed late arrival. Asked where the parking area was, told there was no parking to find a place on the street. Responded that we just drove across town and there was no parking available on the street. Asked where the "available parking" was as advertised. Told to go down 3 blocks and then turn right and go halfway down that block. Found the Colonial Parking garage and was told it was $35 for the night and $14 more if not moved by 8:00 am. Had just driven over 5 hours and it was after 11:00pm . Wife wanted to drive home and forget the parking, the hotel and everything. Too late and too tired to call it quits. Stayed, but never again; having serious doubts that about Expedia.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
Jon
"a slice of New York City"
This is not the most luxurious hotel you will find but it is a honest deal and I was very pleased with the hotel though there is no elevator, one member of the staff helped me with my luggage. The bed was... tiny, the bathroom small but overall I like the room. To make the stay even better i would like it if the hotel had a doorbell in order to filter the entrance and enhance the security. For the room not much to say but a cover on the toilet seat would be most welcome, and the room could easily accommodate a full length mirror, a hook on the bathroom door would help and a light by the bed would make it close to perfect. I was on the second floor and could hear the murmur of the street below ; I am curious to know if the traffic noise in winter time would allow for a good night sleep because I stay there mid september and chose to keep the air conditioning fan on the lowest setting all night long when i was there, the white noise allowing me to enjoy my three nights in what i think was a near perfect location, not for everybody maybe a little bit gritty but this is New York... and you are near major points of interests, across the street the deli is opened 24hrs, Penn Station is just a few blocks away. Overall affordable New York City room.
3 night trip Sep 10, 2015
The hotel was nice but room and the bed were much smaller than i expected.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
McKayla
"Great Hotel in a nice location"
it was really good, great service, nice staff and good location - parking facilities can be improved
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
Nilanjan
Good, but the room very small
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Run as fast as you can."
Did not even stay. The pics on computer are not what the rooms looked like. Would have rather took my chances of sleeping on a street would have felt safer. Man was not friendly while checking in would not even look at us. Scary Scary place. All I can say is RUN. Would not recommend.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Darlene
"Satisfied"
Nice hotel, room was very small
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
michael
"Smallest Hotel Room Ever"
area was beautiful, night life, friendly clean. Hotel was nicely tucked into a row of homes. Got a great feeling walking into the hotel. When I got to my room, it was so unexpectedly small. I was surprised never saw a hotel room so small. Literally room for one person to walk around the bed. Everything was arms length away. In the end it served its purpose. Sleep
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
sandera
"Nice hotel 2nd notes from White House"
Hotel is located close to White House, Washington Monument and downtown. Near to metro station. On the next street (17th street) are restaurants, grocery store and pharmacy. There is also McDonald's :) Hotel is clean and smells very well. Room with two kings beds for 4 people is a little bit too small but it's perfect for few nights to spend there.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Kasia
"3 stars to say the least"
First of all, I'd like to say that the service at this hotel by its staff was fairly good and they were really nice; however, this hotel came with free Wifi that didn't reach my room on the 5th floor, the lobby coffee could use some improving, and the rooms didn't look as clean as I would have liked... But overall, I would give it roughly 3 stars.
2 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2015
"Trip to the Capitol :-)"
My stay was fantastic!! Perfect location...Helpful front desk staff!! Room was a bit stuffy though..Regardless..I'd definitely do D.C and Embassy Inns again!!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2015
Kapembwa
so small the breakfast is awful and 5$ for one person.. but the location is good.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Bad Hotel with small rooms close to the white hous"
The room was a death trap in case of fire the foot of the bed was so close to the wall we could barley get by when you opened the door it almost hit one bed and you could not get two people by at one time we both took pictures people were amazed Toilet was crooked you had to turn one switch on to make the TV work and another to power the lights in the bathroom
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Nice inn walking distance to White House ."
Sometimes an odor of sewer would emenate from the bathroom .
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Hector
"Cute boutique hotel. Quiet, but activities close"
Spartan cuteness! Nice to be in an atypical boutique hotel
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
JMD
"family vacation"
Location is great and rooms were clean. Parking was a big problem for us since the hotel didn't have parking available but they will give you a direction to a nearby parking garage which is expensive and inconvenient. The rooms were super small with hardly any space to move around. Parking was our main issue and we had to change hotels the following day because of that.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"Terrible room - dirty - tv didn't work...etc"
Terrible room - dirty carpets - tv didn't work...etc