All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1627 16th St Nw, Washington, DC, 20009, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not a good deal"
Very bare bones for the price. Old furniture, worn carpeting, smell of smoke in hallways. Staff was great but rooms were just ok. Luckily found parking on the street.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
"Never ever!"
No closet, just a rack on the wall. No iron. TV broken. Across from the breakfast room. No alarm clock. Heater controlled by multiple rooms. Internet connected, but was so slow it was no good. Amenities listed, but not present. No hot water in the morning. Are you still reading this? Run away!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Cold M
"Nice location at a reasonable price"
Good experience at the Embassu Inn. Will come back for sure. Love it.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Shunli
"I'd stay there again"
Very accommodating staff, convenient location, decent breakfast. I'd stay there again
5 night trip Feb 28, 2015
Our rooms were ready upon check-in. I was expecting a small room based on other reviews, but the room was even smaller than I thought it would be. With that being said, it was clean, cozy and comfortable in a boutique style hotel. We were able to easily walk to restaurants, shopping, the white house, U street and the DuPont metro. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again when visiting dc.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"DC on a budget."
The room was super small, but the price and the location were terrific.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Clean safe and good service;"
Night clerk made last minute accomodations due to elevator out; Breakfast could use some improvement e.g. better bakery supplier.
5 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
GENE
i reserved a room with two queen beds and even called the hotel to conform the two beds the day before i arrived. but when i got there, the front desk told me there was no room with two beds and they wanted us to share one queen bed. after some dispute, they just agreed to give us two single rooms, but we have to check out the next day to change back to the room with two beds. so we just spent two nights there, but checked out every morning..... and one of the front desk staff is really uncourteous!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Bad hotel, gave my room away."
Booked this hotel through hotels.com, arrived that evening and found out that they had no rooms available. I had to stay at another hotel, and the hotel I stayed at was old and had issues with the room.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"best"
Nice I hope to come back again
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
jestina
"If price and location are the bottom line"
Everything about this hotel is just OK. It is actually a quant converted home with lots of charm. It has been renovated into smallish rooms with little amenities. Bathroom was actually quite nice, though small. Our room had no real coat closet to speak of, and no chest of drawers. There is free wi fi and a flat screen TV. Free coffee in the lobby, nothing in the rooms. The worst offenders in the room were the (very new) air handling unit, on which the fan kept turning itself (loudly) on and off as long as it was in heat mode, and a very cheap mattress. Linens were ok and all clean as could be.
Philip
"Old style charm"
Love this place. Older hotel built to human scale far from the corporate cut cut outs and located in a friendly neighborhood with many locally owned eateries. Rooms are small but not s problem unless you plan to spend the day there.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
bruce
"Small room"
My room was small and the blinds on the windows had always to be shut to prevent tenants in adjacent building from staring at me. Water pressure in shower is weak. Receptionists are cold and hardly smiled. Apart from that, the location is good and close to fine restaurants and DuPont Circle.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Must be let in with a buzzer if the staff is behind the desk to let you in,.. Until then sit at the door like a dog and freeze in the wind and weather,.. like u r in the Bronx or something. Smallest rooms I have ever stayed in . You can only park on the curb,.. There is no parking lot. 1 caraf of coffee for the whole hotel,.. Always out when I went for a cup. Mostly international guests,.. If this is your portrait of American hospitalit it is lacking. Even the hotels I stayed in when visiting London were bigger! (That is not a complement)
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
meta
"Great hotel for a quick trip to DC"
I spent 2 nights in the Embassy Inn. Room was great and clean. I traveled alone and stayed in a double room while in DC which was great size for one person. Room was about 3 blocks from Dupont Circle Metro and in a great area. I felt safe walking to and from even at night. Good restaurants in the area as well. Overall great experience.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
The overwhelming and clashing smells throughout the building were rough.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"cleanliness of room"
Morning checkout service wasn't really friendly. Room 207 blanket was dirty with stains.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
sonam
"More than adequate...."
Our son and his family live across the street, so the hotel is very convenient for us. That's its biggest plus. It is a bit worn-down, very basic, more than adequately supplied with clean, fresh linen and decent toiletries. Shower is good and hot. The venetian blinds didn't work. The heating is controlled in the room. The people at the front desk respond very well to friendly clients. Left to their own, they range from dour to super nice and friendly. In either case, they do their job pretty well. There's an impulse to think poorly of the place because it is old and worn down; I think it's a good example, though, of not judging a book by its cover. We slept well and when I thought I'd forgotten something in my room and called back, the desk clerk put me on hold, left the desk and came back to let me know it wasn't there. That was very nice of him. [I found it later at someone's house.]
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Clean, Safe....basic accommodations Nothing fancy, but a good location and good value for the money....especially when you consider the average price of hotels in the are are at least twice as high. Probably not a good place for a family as rooms are on the small side.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Rich
wireless not working. no long distance call from lobby. very small room.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Tourist
"Sorry 3 is the best I can do right now."
Need to do the litle things to make the room better.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Fred
Heat not wroking well and shower water was lukewarm
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"My one night stay"
The place smells. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't even open the window.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"ok"
hotel was located in a nice neighborhood close to a venue I had planned to go to, interior was ok - not modern but ok if you just need a room for one night; hotel staff was not very friendly/attentive...it almost felt as if I bothered them just by checking in
1 night trip Jan 25, 2015
"It was good. Nice area with beautiful houses"
Good location with beautiful houses and churches. The only thing is that they should provide a coffee maker in the room
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Quiet hotel for single traveler on a budget"
The Embassy Inn is an older building that can feel either cozy or cramped. My room (1 double bed) was small but OK for one person and very quiet (faced away from the street). Windows could be opened for some fresh air. The room had its own heat/AC which could easily be adjusted. Free wireless worked fine. Coffee and hot water for tea were available 24/7 in a small lounge with classical music radio in the background. The continental breakfast, which cost an additional $5, included coffee/tea, orange juice, cold cereal, breads and pastries -- basic but of reasonable quality.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
LP
"Don't Let the Facade Fool You!"
Although we had a lovely stay in Washington D.C., it was marred by the fact that there was NO available parking within close range of this hotel. We had to pay $35.00 per night to park four blocks away and walk with our luggage to the hotel! Also, the room was unkempt, with broken blinds, a dirty blanket on the bed, and burn holes (or stains of some sort . . .) on the carpet. It is a beautiful hotel from the outside, and the folks at the front desk were very helpful.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice staff, pleasant stay"
Older hotel with a great price and location. Room was small but adequate. My only complaint is the lack of breakfast choices nearby.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Manuel A.
"good conditions. Good location"
Great place for a short stay. I stayed alone and the room was a perfect size for that. The staff were also very helpful
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Internet, internet, internet."
The location was great. Our experience, however, was shaped by a heavy snowstorm and a bout of the flu. So we got an unexpected chance for an intensive experience with the hotel room, eating take-out and watching old movies on the flat-screen TV for four days. Overall, the stay was pleasant. The only failure was the cat-and-mouse search for a good Wi-Fi connection. Although the hotel tries to keep 4 different WiFi accounts open, they all popped in and out, making the whole experience frustrating rather than relaxing.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Would I say again?..... Yes"
Everything was Great even the older gentleman at the front desk was very nice.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Tyrail
"Adequate for what I needed"
The parking is NOT on-site. It is a Commercial Parking building a few blocks away. They did not execute my "wake up" call.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
harold e.
"Arrogant and trouble maker old man"
Got late at night for check in and an old sir at the reception said we didn't have reservations. I was showing him the paper and he kept refusing to see and give us our room. After 30min he "found" our room. The room was so small that it was barely impossible to walk through. Beds were comfortable and clean, but he room itself was good looking. Furthermore only the receptionist by the night was arrogant and the room was small.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"mediocre, at best"
room felt less clean than a low end hotel chain. there were stains on the walls and the carpet was downright gross. but I have stayed in worse places...in Africa.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"A great deal in an expensive city."
I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel: it cost me relatively little for Washington DC; the room was nice and spacious; the service was good; free wifi in the room, cable tv, a nice private bathroom with a bathtub. So what was wrong? Breakfast was not free (although they only charged $5), no fitness room (although I could have used a nearby gym for $15), and the hike to the nearest Metro station was at least 10 minutes. An annoying thing was that you had to get buzzed in to enter the hotel, but they always responded quickly. A nice bargain hotel.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Doug
"overall pretty good"
no frills, but quite functional. Actually for the location and price a good deal for DC. Think European hotel, no fancy amenities, just a practical place to stay
3 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Fine for One Night"
Good location and friendly staff. The room was a bit shabby and dingy and the mattress wasn't particularly comfortable. A huge stash of supplies was just left in the front entryway, which did not create a very welcoming environment.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
Fantastic! This place is a gem right in the middle of Dupont.
Great location, small but comfortable rooms. Great value for the price!
"Hotel location overall is good."
Horrible experience, to start they did not have my reservation. The person at the front desk was very unfriendly. He tried to get the information from the website I used, I had ask for double beds. To my surprise he didn't even ask me if it was ok, with just one bed! neither he told me they didn't have anymore rooms. The room much looked like a closet instead, I had just enough room to walk around the bed and the bathroom. I thought the bed would be bigger then a twin size, but I was wrong. It was a very unpleasant night maybe the worst I had.
Close to food and walking distance to train. Nice neighbourhood and good to explore on foot.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
JD
"Stay in DC"
The rooms are not very suitable for business travelers. It was hard to do any work in the rooms due to very tight space constraints.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
"friendly staff"
Charming! Cute and elegant hotel in a beautiful neighborhood. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious enough. Staff was very friendly, specially Dolores. She was very helpful, friendly always with a smile. There were plenty of restaurants in the area, the ones we chose were all of them very good, delicious and affordable. I will highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again.
2 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2014
Wilfredo
"Shabby"
Shabby room, few ammenities. Service was good.
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"Close to the everything in Washington DC"
This hotel, though still very reasonably priced, is a big step up compared to the Model 6's (and similar) of the world. A very quaint building, very clean and comfortable rooms (beds are a little small), and a fantastic location.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Markus
"ordered on line"
I was sorry to hear there was another Embassy Inn closer to the convention Center where I was attending a conference, Same price. I had to take a taxi to and from. No local restaurants within the block where hotel was or in hotel. Coffee in lobby only, none in room. It was clean and staff helpful.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
linda
"Very average hotel, poor staff"
The accommodations are clean but average at best. Not much offered beyond the bare minimum. Service by the staff was poor due to lack of knowledge and unreliability (slowness, forgetting to schedule wake up calls, providing incorrect information about the hotel and area). There are better values to be had when it comes to hotels in this part of the city.
3 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
KURT
"Not a great experience"
I picked this hotel because it was relatively convenient and cheap. I got what I paid for. On check-in, I was assigned to a room across the hall from the Breakfast Room. At 6:45 the next morning, I was awakened by the bellowing of a staff member who was telling somebody his life story. Unable to get back to sleep, I went to the desk to complain and ended up yelling at the guy who was responsible. Things went downhill from there. The room was so small that I couldn't find a place to put my suitcase without tripping over it unless I put it on the bed. It was so small that there was room for only one small trash can and that would barely fit. The carpet in the room was badly frayed. Every time the doorbell to the hotel rang--which meant every time somebody entered because there is no sight line from reception to the front door--it sounded as if the bell was in my room. To top it off, I asked repeatedly for an airport taxi to be reserved the morning I left. They gave me a driver instead and I had to pay roughly double what I would have paid had it been a taxi. Order your own taxi.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"good"
good hotel . it is near to bus stop. room is clean and what I need is here
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Good location, bad hotel"
Front desk refused to honor the reservation I paid for, (queen bed) and I ended up with a room with 2 double beds. I was not offered a rebate on the difference. They charge $5.00 per person for a breakfast consisting of stale croissants and cold cereal and coffee...Not worth the effort to go downstairs for the breakfast. Room was tiny in nature and the TV on the wall was about the size of a small computer monitor that could not change channels. Location was good, but that was about all I could say to the good of this hotel.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014