All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1627 16th St Nw, Washington, DC, 20009, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel for a quick trip to DC"
I spent 2 nights in the Embassy Inn. Room was great and clean. I traveled alone and stayed in a double room while in DC which was great size for one person. Room was about 3 blocks from Dupont Circle Metro and in a great area. I felt safe walking to and from even at night. Good restaurants in the area as well. Overall great experience.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
The overwhelming and clashing smells throughout the building were rough.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"cleanliness of room"
Morning checkout service wasn't really friendly. Room 207 blanket was dirty with stains.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
sonam
"More than adequate...."
Our son and his family live across the street, so the hotel is very convenient for us. That's its biggest plus. It is a bit worn-down, very basic, more than adequately supplied with clean, fresh linen and decent toiletries. Shower is good and hot. The venetian blinds didn't work. The heating is controlled in the room. The people at the front desk respond very well to friendly clients. Left to their own, they range from dour to super nice and friendly. In either case, they do their job pretty well. There's an impulse to think poorly of the place because it is old and worn down; I think it's a good example, though, of not judging a book by its cover. We slept well and when I thought I'd forgotten something in my room and called back, the desk clerk put me on hold, left the desk and came back to let me know it wasn't there. That was very nice of him. [I found it later at someone's house.]
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Clean, Safe....basic accommodations Nothing fancy, but a good location and good value for the money....especially when you consider the average price of hotels in the are are at least twice as high. Probably not a good place for a family as rooms are on the small side.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Rich
wireless not working. no long distance call from lobby. very small room.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Tourist
"Sorry 3 is the best I can do right now."
Need to do the litle things to make the room better.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Fred
Heat not wroking well and shower water was lukewarm
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"My one night stay"
The place smells. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't even open the window.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"ok"
hotel was located in a nice neighborhood close to a venue I had planned to go to, interior was ok - not modern but ok if you just need a room for one night; hotel staff was not very friendly/attentive...it almost felt as if I bothered them just by checking in
1 night trip Jan 25, 2015
"It was good. Nice area with beautiful houses"
Good location with beautiful houses and churches. The only thing is that they should provide a coffee maker in the room
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Quiet hotel for single traveler on a budget"
The Embassy Inn is an older building that can feel either cozy or cramped. My room (1 double bed) was small but OK for one person and very quiet (faced away from the street). Windows could be opened for some fresh air. The room had its own heat/AC which could easily be adjusted. Free wireless worked fine. Coffee and hot water for tea were available 24/7 in a small lounge with classical music radio in the background. The continental breakfast, which cost an additional $5, included coffee/tea, orange juice, cold cereal, breads and pastries -- basic but of reasonable quality.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
LP
"Don't Let the Facade Fool You!"
Although we had a lovely stay in Washington D.C., it was marred by the fact that there was NO available parking within close range of this hotel. We had to pay $35.00 per night to park four blocks away and walk with our luggage to the hotel! Also, the room was unkempt, with broken blinds, a dirty blanket on the bed, and burn holes (or stains of some sort . . .) on the carpet. It is a beautiful hotel from the outside, and the folks at the front desk were very helpful.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice staff, pleasant stay"
Older hotel with a great price and location. Room was small but adequate. My only complaint is the lack of breakfast choices nearby.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Manuel A.
"good conditions. Good location"
Great place for a short stay. I stayed alone and the room was a perfect size for that. The staff were also very helpful
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Internet, internet, internet."
The location was great. Our experience, however, was shaped by a heavy snowstorm and a bout of the flu. So we got an unexpected chance for an intensive experience with the hotel room, eating take-out and watching old movies on the flat-screen TV for four days. Overall, the stay was pleasant. The only failure was the cat-and-mouse search for a good Wi-Fi connection. Although the hotel tries to keep 4 different WiFi accounts open, they all popped in and out, making the whole experience frustrating rather than relaxing.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Would I say again?..... Yes"
Everything was Great even the older gentleman at the front desk was very nice.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Tyrail
"Adequate for what I needed"
The parking is NOT on-site. It is a Commercial Parking building a few blocks away. They did not execute my "wake up" call.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
harold e.
"Arrogant and trouble maker old man"
Got late at night for check in and an old sir at the reception said we didn't have reservations. I was showing him the paper and he kept refusing to see and give us our room. After 30min he "found" our room. The room was so small that it was barely impossible to walk through. Beds were comfortable and clean, but he room itself was good looking. Furthermore only the receptionist by the night was arrogant and the room was small.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"mediocre, at best"
room felt less clean than a low end hotel chain. there were stains on the walls and the carpet was downright gross. but I have stayed in worse places...in Africa.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"A great deal in an expensive city."
I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel: it cost me relatively little for Washington DC; the room was nice and spacious; the service was good; free wifi in the room, cable tv, a nice private bathroom with a bathtub. So what was wrong? Breakfast was not free (although they only charged $5), no fitness room (although I could have used a nearby gym for $15), and the hike to the nearest Metro station was at least 10 minutes. An annoying thing was that you had to get buzzed in to enter the hotel, but they always responded quickly. A nice bargain hotel.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Doug
"overall pretty good"
no frills, but quite functional. Actually for the location and price a good deal for DC. Think European hotel, no fancy amenities, just a practical place to stay
3 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Fine for One Night"
Good location and friendly staff. The room was a bit shabby and dingy and the mattress wasn't particularly comfortable. A huge stash of supplies was just left in the front entryway, which did not create a very welcoming environment.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
Fantastic! This place is a gem right in the middle of Dupont.
Great location, small but comfortable rooms. Great value for the price!
"Hotel location overall is good."
Horrible experience, to start they did not have my reservation. The person at the front desk was very unfriendly. He tried to get the information from the website I used, I had ask for double beds. To my surprise he didn't even ask me if it was ok, with just one bed! neither he told me they didn't have anymore rooms. The room much looked like a closet instead, I had just enough room to walk around the bed and the bathroom. I thought the bed would be bigger then a twin size, but I was wrong. It was a very unpleasant night maybe the worst I had.
Close to food and walking distance to train. Nice neighbourhood and good to explore on foot.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
JD
"Stay in DC"
The rooms are not very suitable for business travelers. It was hard to do any work in the rooms due to very tight space constraints.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
"friendly staff"
Charming! Cute and elegant hotel in a beautiful neighborhood. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious enough. Staff was very friendly, specially Dolores. She was very helpful, friendly always with a smile. There were plenty of restaurants in the area, the ones we chose were all of them very good, delicious and affordable. I will highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again.
2 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2014
Wilfredo
"Shabby"
Shabby room, few ammenities. Service was good.
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"Close to the everything in Washington DC"
This hotel, though still very reasonably priced, is a big step up compared to the Model 6's (and similar) of the world. A very quaint building, very clean and comfortable rooms (beds are a little small), and a fantastic location.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Markus
"ordered on line"
I was sorry to hear there was another Embassy Inn closer to the convention Center where I was attending a conference, Same price. I had to take a taxi to and from. No local restaurants within the block where hotel was or in hotel. Coffee in lobby only, none in room. It was clean and staff helpful.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
linda
"Very average hotel, poor staff"
The accommodations are clean but average at best. Not much offered beyond the bare minimum. Service by the staff was poor due to lack of knowledge and unreliability (slowness, forgetting to schedule wake up calls, providing incorrect information about the hotel and area). There are better values to be had when it comes to hotels in this part of the city.
3 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
KURT
"Not a great experience"
I picked this hotel because it was relatively convenient and cheap. I got what I paid for. On check-in, I was assigned to a room across the hall from the Breakfast Room. At 6:45 the next morning, I was awakened by the bellowing of a staff member who was telling somebody his life story. Unable to get back to sleep, I went to the desk to complain and ended up yelling at the guy who was responsible. Things went downhill from there. The room was so small that I couldn't find a place to put my suitcase without tripping over it unless I put it on the bed. It was so small that there was room for only one small trash can and that would barely fit. The carpet in the room was badly frayed. Every time the doorbell to the hotel rang--which meant every time somebody entered because there is no sight line from reception to the front door--it sounded as if the bell was in my room. To top it off, I asked repeatedly for an airport taxi to be reserved the morning I left. They gave me a driver instead and I had to pay roughly double what I would have paid had it been a taxi. Order your own taxi.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"good"
good hotel . it is near to bus stop. room is clean and what I need is here
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Good location, bad hotel"
Front desk refused to honor the reservation I paid for, (queen bed) and I ended up with a room with 2 double beds. I was not offered a rebate on the difference. They charge $5.00 per person for a breakfast consisting of stale croissants and cold cereal and coffee...Not worth the effort to go downstairs for the breakfast. Room was tiny in nature and the TV on the wall was about the size of a small computer monitor that could not change channels. Location was good, but that was about all I could say to the good of this hotel.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Harvey
"Clean and good location"
But too small, no amenities
4 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Good value, poor quality sleep"
The neighborhood is very good and convenient. Hotel staff are friendly. I stayed in a downstairs room next to the elevator. The doorbell must be rung to enter the building. Between the elevator movements and the doorbell ringing, I did not get the most important thing I sought from the hotel: a good night's sleep.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Not likely to return"
The place was not very clean and had a funky odor throughout, particularly in the elevator. There was not hot water. Several of the light bulbs in the room had blown out. The TV screen was out of balance. The acoustics were not very good...I could hear the person in the room next to me, and the traffic on the street below seemed like it was five feet away. I don't blame the hotel for this, but nonetheless think it is relevant to anyone planning to stay there.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Jack
"Convenient location"
Very close to Dupont Circle and walking distance to the White House. Small room, ok breakfast. Great location.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
mapi
"Nice hotel 15 minutes from White House"
Rooms are small but clean. Bathroom was new and clean. The hotel is about 15 minutes walking distance from the White House and in a good area. Breakfast is good as well and only 5$.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Not bad"
Reasonable. no complaints Cheaper than the other options in the same local
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
ivor
"Hod for a night's stay"
Good enough for one night stopover.. would not recommend for somebody looking for a week long stay. Price is too high for what they provide.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"TINY ROOMS and TINY BEDS."
We had a 3 rooms in our party. All the rooms were small and there was no proper bathroom setup for cosmetics, etc at all. Hardly any closet space or drawers. One of the rooms was literally like a closet with a double bed in it. We had reserved two rooms with two queen beds and got one room with 2 double beds (for a 6 foot 3 man and his wife) and with 3 in the room it was difficult. The 2nd room had a double bed of smallest proporations and two very large people had to sleep in it. We were told they would be changed the next day then suddenly nothing was available. The room was the smallest thing I have ever seen. The third room with a kind bed was the best of the 3 but again bad bathroom set up. The hotel is clean and nicely located but there were no ammenities. No coffee makers, extra towels, pens, etc. Bed was ok, not the worst we've slept on but not the best. Was quiet. So we resersved rooms we didn't get with no offer of any compensation back.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Cynthia
"Affordable"
The hotel is in a good location, near white house and markets. Rooms are cleaned but not so big. The breakfast is poor, so unless you want to pay for a cup of cheap coffee and some bread slices, don't waste your money in it.
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2014
"GOOD PRICE"
This hotel had an excellent price for an excellent location. Near to the airport and the White House, right in front of bus transportation. Room was small and there was no tub, only a shower. Hotel is not accessible for persons with disabilities. I asked about this and they said because it is located in the historic district, they are exempt from ADA requirements. Two of the three staff members were friendly and helpful. Third staff member was not. The remote to the television in my room was not working. When I called the front desk to ask for help, third staff member seemed bothered. Phone was ringing in background and he said he would call me back but he never did. Other two staff members were friendly and helpful when calling for cabs for me.
2 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Hotel or Motel?"
It was my worst experience in a hotel. It was as if the rooms have been put together quickly to collect the money floating around. It was just out of desperation because it was late and the hotel I had initially booked said they did not have a room for me, otherwise I would not have stayed. The bed was so squeaky and right at the door, and so uncomfortable. They said they had an iron and ironing board on the brochure, but there was nothing to that effect, I had to wear clothes that were not ironed. No coffee or tea maker in the room. Apparently, they supply breakfast from 7am, I went there at 7am, that's when the lady was starting to prepare the water and the coffee, so I had to leave without coz of time. Mostly, a good number of people travelling are attending meetings, like I was there to do, which start at 8am, and so you have to navigate to the meeting place. And D.C. being the worst place to get around, consider offering your breakfast from 6am, meaning at 6am, everything is ready to go.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
DORIS
The staff was pleasant and tried to be helpful. The room was extremely small. No amenities not even a coffee maker. It reminded me of a hostel but at a much higher price.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Ok hotel"
I was disappointed with the staff. They were rude and acted as if we were a nuisance. There was no parking so I had to look for a meter. If your staying for a night or two and just passing through it will be ok.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
mari
"If you are desperate go book"
Horrible attitude of Femi the guy at the reception - super arrogant - no customer service at that place
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014