All hotels in Appleton, Wisconsin, United States of America

• Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Bad pool
    Bad amenities
The toilet did not work since our arrival. It ended up flooding all over the floor. When I called for front desk to help, he was rude & brought a plunger and told me to plunge it as he seen all water continuously overflowing on the floor. Handed me 2 towels and walked away.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2016
"Run down but clean for the price!"
The outside and inside of the hotel is a bit run down and rough, but the room itself was clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The 24 hour hot tub was a nice bonus as well.
1 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2016
Danita
We had a wonderful stay. The hot tub was not operating, due to a broken pipe. Had we not payed in advance, we would have looked elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016
"BEWARE::"
After checking in on Friday evening..was rudely awoken the next morning by front desk employee demanding payment or she would call the police??I tried to mask my anger&confusion and showed her my online reservation showing my rate&payment method which was my MasterCard..She continued to demand payment or police??Lol..After returning to my door after a brief absence she then said it was her mistake that she wasn't logged in properly to the computer and that's why the system wasn't taken my card authorization..I then asked if I could speak with the manager she stated"He's in India"..and wasn't available..as a result they charged my card enough times to lock it until Fraud detection contacted me and cleared my card again**the whole place stunk of marijuana&and sketchy people posted up in all the halls/staircases***Bottom line unless your claustrophobic jst sleep in your vehicles before wasting your $$$ there
3 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Christopher
"Great Place to Stay"
Check in and Check out were very smooth. The room was very pleasant with plenty of room. The refrigerator was running and cold when we got there, huge plus because I have been to places that turn them off when you check out. It's not the Ritz, but it get the job done at a reasonable price. The friendly staff is another plus!
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
"Ok for the price"
older hotel, room was run down but comfortable.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2016
Dennis
"Will stay here again."
We were in town for the Cowboys vs Packers game. Stayed in Appleton because of the price difference in hotels in Green Bay. This hotel gave us what we needed. We are simple people and have reasonable expectations. The hotel was clean. It is older but again we got what we paid for. The breakfast was good. Staff was nice and answered all questions we had. I will stay here again if we go to another game.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Good room you get what you pay for.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Cal
"Great for pleasure or business."
Stayed with mother and daughter. The accommodations were very comfortable and staff was helpful and friendly.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
Rita
Only thing I would have liked was a coffee pot in room otherwise no complaints at all.
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
"needs to be thoroughly not just a quick wipe"
Really needs updating,carpet needs to be cleaned desperately.
2 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
"Less Room than Advertised"
Pillows and coffeepot were a little dirty. The room itself just had too much stuff crammed into a small space. Booked it for two adults/two kids: it was suggested one kid sleep in the window seat....
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
Gerald
WAS VERY DISSAPPOINTED WITH THE COST/ROOM. THOUGHT FOR OVER $200 IT WOULD BE A MUCH NICER ROOM!!
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
"Not good"
Dirty lobby, trash in elevator,dirty room. The normal rate for this motel is $49-$59. It looked like it too. We paid $125 a night as we were in town to go to the Green Bay game. If the entire town's hotels weren't sold out we would have left in a heart beat. Don't here.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"Low Quality Option -- I will never stay here again"
The carpeting is threadbare, the room is cramped (it would have been too small with 2 guests), the internet has such little bandwidth that I was better off using my phone without connecting to wifi. The bathroom towels and other linens in the room were low quality. The hallways smelled of BO. The best thing I can say about the hotel is that the room was warm during a cold evening. I might have felt OK with this place if I was spending about $30 for the room -- but it was more than 5 times that.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"relaxing and wonderful stay"
We had a very enjoyable stay. Was very quiet and comfortable. Loved the location for shopping and restaurants closeness. Everyone was very kind and we received very good service. We will definitely be staying again.
2 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
peter
"average"
Pictures of property must have been photoshopped. Same as with anything it showed how some employees are there just for a check and then there are the ones who love what they are doing and will give the extra with ease.
3 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
A bit run down, the carpet was worn with stains and torn in the hallway. Room could have used a new coat of paint and the comforter was worn and nubby. Rooms not very soundproof. Staff friendly and breakfast room was well stocked. Located right near mall and easy to get to.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Suzanne
"Disgusting"
I booked this hotel as a one night get away for my wife and I. It was absolutely disgusting! The rooms stink. The bathrooms had pubic hair on the toilet and on the bathtub. The comforter had stains on it and looked like it haven't been washed. The carpets and apolstry are stained and dirty. I can not begin to explain how grossed out we were and we could not get our money back. So we left and went to another hotel. When we got home we realised that they had charged my card 3 extra times!
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"It was awful"
The room stunk and the staff was rude!! Don't stay here!
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
"Average stay"
Ok for a low budget hotel
1 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Carter
"NICE PLACE - SAFE AREA"
EVERYTHING WAS NICE IN MY ROOM, I WILL RE-BOOK SOON .GREAT PLACE.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
TIM
"Horrible Dirty Stay"
The rooms were dirty. The air conditioning was so loud and then broke. Needed to be put into another room. Then that air conditioner rattled loud all night. Front desk clerk didn't know how to fix anything. Wouldn't refund any of our funds due to horrible stay. Won't ever stay there again and will tell friends not to stay there.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Rhonda
"Great for price"
Stayed after Packer game
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Hotel needs a touch up by cleaners."
I suggest cleaning with an appropriate cleaner/bucket of water/and a cloth (not a sponge), all of the door knobs, light switches and possibly outlets. I had to clean a wall light switch with a washcloth and bar soap because it was black from fingerprints (possibly truckers for workers in the area). The bathtub should be bleached as it is quite yellow. The bed was great and the air conditioning worked well and the breakfast was appreciated. $200 a night was bit high but the Green Bay Packer games dictates that decision.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"work"
it was ok, got what I expected for cheep hotel but only when I asked for another room on 3rd floor
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking time to review us ! we appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Microtel Inn & Suites, Appleton. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit in this area. Thank you and we appreciate your business.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Never Again"
Hall noises excessive, Breakfast almost no existent. Room smelled. I left after one night I will never stay at a Microtel again. I was very disappoint I could not get my money refunded for the other 3 nights. This experience will make me think twice before using Expedia to book a hotel again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Hotel didn't have any pillows to use for the pull out couch. Blanket looked like it had never been washed. Horrible mattress, my son slept on the couch. Couch cushion had a six inch hole in it. The whole room needed to be updated. The spa room was too hot and stuffy you couldn't even use it. Very few choices for breakfast and room was way too small. Not worth the money we paid. Will drive the three hours home before I will stay there again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Kristi
Great hotel! small in size which was just fine, I was just there for a quick overnite. Would definately stay here again.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking time to review us ! we appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Microtel Inn & Suites, Appleton. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit in appleton area and we appreciate your business.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2015
Staff not available when needed...bed comforter dirty. Owners toddler child running around lobby. There were only 3 pilows on the bed requested. They did not have.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Tamara
"Don't waste your time here."
Hotel needs updating. There was blood on the comforter. If I could have gotten my money back and found somewhere else, I would have.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Dear Guest Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. I am apologize that the Comforter were not good for you. We are currently updating our hotel and should be done in next year before march. I hope that the next time you are in Appleton we can make them better. thank you for your business and staying with us at Microtel - Fox River Mall.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Roberta
"Perfect for the price"
This hotel is just what we were looking for -- something inexpensive but clean. It's your basic no-frills, off-the-highway hotel, but relatively new and updated, staff were friendly, location was near the mall and lots of eating options. comfortable beds, HD TV, and the morning coffee was better than most hotel coffee. No complaints! (which at this price point is all you can expect)
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are so pleased you had a wonderful experience during your stay. Thank you for your business and we hope you stay with us again
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
samuel
"first time at microtel"
first day room was so so, ie dirty linens very noisy night . walls paper thin, asked for another room for second night cleaner but missing soaps and shampoo
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"Good stay at a good price."
Barebones hotel at a nice price. Actually had good water pressure which is a plus these days.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
David D.
"Worn looking hotel."
Stay was only for one night. Adequate for that. Staff was nice. Hotel just looks worn though.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate all feedback. We are sorry for any inconvenience you were caused. Management has been changed since june and they are working on renovating hotel rooms and all interior. We hope to seeing you in future during your visit in this area so you can see the difference.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"OK"
Got ice Monday evening and the bucket was never emptied the rest of the week. The room was comfortable but showing its age. Overall, acceptable for the price.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking time to review us ! we appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Microtel Inn & Suites, Appleton. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit in this area.Thank you and we appreciate your business.
4 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Horrible services, front lied there's no more room on 2nd but she gave the same room as our to the person behind us which is our family too. Room was next to the kitchen n very noisy in the morning plus there's hair all over tge pillows.never stay again
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Good value and great location"
Airshow. Good overall value
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Dear Richard Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you stay with us again during next year airshow.
4 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
RICHARD
Carpeting ripped needed replacing. Smoke detector missing from ceiling of room. Very unsafe. Air conditioner very very noisy. Bedding stained.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Jeanne
"Good Rooms"
For the price, the rooms were fine. Tight quarters for 2 people but fine. Good breakfast although one morning the muffins were stale. Overall good for the price during Air venture.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are planning to offer Hot Breakfast in near future So we hope when you stay with us again during next airshow. You will enjoy good break fast everyday
5 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Gregory
"Rooms small and cheap"
Small room, worn out towels, no coffee, no frig, no micro wave. One good point the window opened. Breakfast was "sparse" price was quadruple do to an event in the area.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Harley
"Outdated"
Very old and outdated hotel in much need of repair. Staff was somewhat nice, depending on who you spoke with. Great area near the mall and restaurants. A/C was controlled by a motion sensor...so it got very hot during the night unless you woke up. Breakfast was basic and not sure how long the cereal had been in the containers. Not too far from OshKosh Airventure.
3 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Below Average"
We were up for the air show so not many rooms available in the area. Took what was available and didn't expect it to be nice. Good location. Check-in was smooth, clerk was nice and we were allowed in our rooms early. Rooms were not very clean. Smelled old and lots of stains on carpet. Stairwell smelled of urine. Slow elevator. Was not brave enough to try the breakfast. Linens were acceptable and beds were remarkably comfortable. TV's were brand new and had basic cable only. Checkout was noon but they disabled our keys at 11:30am. This hotel would not be my first choice on my next trip but I suppose I would stay again if there were no other options.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you were caused. We are renovating hotel once busy season passed as management has been changed in last month. Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and thank you again for your comments.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Good location but over priced"
Room was missing the smoke detector and the air conditioning was so noisy. Carpeting very poor in common areas
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Jeanne
Room booked was not room that was shown online. Room online looked much nicer than what it was.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for your comment. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you were caused. We have same room type showed in the picture on website. Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and thank you again for your comments.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"A room near the EAA airshow."
Hotel stank. Breakfast room dirty I.E. sticky floor, equipment faulty, toaster did not work properly. Hall noise prevalent in your room. No glassware in room, just paper cups.Stood waiting for GM and Front desk person to stop arguing while trying to check out, finally just left our room keys and walked out. No comment or "thank you" as we passed the front desk. New TVs had just been installed (good), packaging left stacked in hallways overnight until next day (bad). First morning observed entire a.m. staff outside around the building's corner smoking, nobody at front desk or breakfast room. Won't stay at a Microtel again. My bill for 2 nights stay, $213.00. I knew this going in. I thought at those prices they would put their best foot forward. Silly me.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you were caused. We are doing renovation for entire hotel and this is busy season so it is hard to take care everything but we are trying our best to give all services to our guest.. We installed new TV's and Fridge and Microwave in some rooms. Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and thank you again for your comments.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Anton
"A good night's sleep!"
Clean room, comfortable beds, plenty of towels, great for an overnight. Front desk girl was very nice, friendly, check-in was quick. The hotel could use an update. Included breakfast was fine, but no one in breakfast room when coffee & milk ran out. The location was easy to get to, near shopping & restaurants. I would stay here again.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you were caused. We are currently doing renovation in rooms and we already did new TV's Fridge and Microwave. this is a busy season so it is hard for us to do everything at a time. We are also extending breakfast area so we can offer Hot Breakfast. Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and thank you again for your comments.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
ROXANE
"baseball getaway timber rattlers"
we were alittle surprised how small the rooms were,but being its called micro we should of knowing.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to this area, thank you for your business !.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Stained linens and no amenities for the price"
The room was creepy with a wall made of mirrors, the linens were stained, the remote did not work properly, the breakfast was terrible and the room was hard to find, there was a weird smell in the hallway and the elevator was stained on the floor. It was also HOT in the hallway, as there was no airflow. There was no pool as advertised and the parking area was small, making it hard to find a parking spot for my dually diesel truck. Our stay was consistent with a motel 6 as there was no mini fridge or coffee pot, and the floors and walls were very thin, making it hard to sleep with a child jumping off the bed above above us and big foot stomping from the bedroom to the bathroom in the next room! I will NEVER stay here again!
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you were caused. We are working on renovating entire hotel in a few months, we have already installed new Tv's and Fridge and Microwave in some rooms, Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and thank you again for your comments.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Air conditioning did not work correctly in the room I booked, so I complained and they put me into a suite. That room everything worked.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you were caused. Our some air conditioner are operated by motion sensor unless you set to manual A/C. Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and thank you again for your comments.
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015