All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
835 Hyde St, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quaint but thin walls"
It was a nice Hotel just couldn't sleep with noise from the street and adjoining rooms
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Nice unique hotel"
Nice location with the old San Francisco style & comfort. Feels like if you were back in time....
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Lost my car charger!"
The hotel highly recommended me to use valet parking. But the second day when I check out and pickup my car, my car charger was disappeared! It is totally ridiculous.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Fuller
"weekend get away"
It was nice rooms a little small thou.but for the price a good deal.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
gabriel
"Knob Hill Hotel"
Return flight was cancelled and we stayed another night in San Francisco so we booked this place. Cheap and good enough and near to us. Room was small, no place really to set up laptop and work. Everything else was OK.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Jerome
"Very nice and very well centered"
Nob Hill Hotel was a great place to stay. Affordable, good location, simple. Will stay there again on our next visit to San Francisco.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Wolfgirl&Master
"Decent hotel in Nob Hill"
Other than it being a little in the room, it was a good stay.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Great location. Not what I was expecting."
This hotel is in a beautiful location. Really interesting and unique. The novelty was a little lost on on me because of the inconvenience. The room was small. The bathroom sink was outside of the bathroom in the neighboring bedroom. The old gated elevator was pretty neat. All in all I think there are some people who would love this hotel. Reminds me more of a bed and breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
It was a small room and the room was very very hot. But there is a fan in the closet. The room is very clean and bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Great deal for the price."
Very nice little place that is quite rough around the edges. For the price though, it is a great deal! The staff was also very friendly. Definitely use the valet parking though, my windows were smashed in when I parked on the street.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Jonathan
"Great location, quaint, quiet, and friendly staff."
We booked this hotel last minute and for the price it was one of the best in San Francisco; I will definitely be back. The staff was great and our room was like a suite with two adjoining rooms. It was clean and quiet and had a microwave and mini fridge and just blocks from Union Square. They also have a wine reception in the evening and continental breakfast in the morning so for 99.00, we really got a gem of a hotel in the City.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Robin
"Excellent location and value."
This is a hidden gem. Great for a weekend getaway. You won't be disappointed.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Acceptable hotel relative to the fact this is an expensive city. Pros: cute little hotel, location, free Wi-Fi Cons: Carpeting, walls and furniture needs updating (bathroom was very updated one little issue need fixing, no big deal)
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Fun experience, vintage charm!"
We saw the reviews and were hesitant at first but the hotel was clean, a little old but with a charming vibe. It was winter so ac was not an issue. If you like hotel chains, this is not for you. If you like old school charm, personality and something different, this will work. The neighborhood was a typical urban neighborhood and well situated for tourism and shopping alike.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Marie-Claude
"horrible time ruined my already bad Christmas"
the worst
2 night trip Dec 25, 2014
Jacob
"Charming and great location"
Front desk and housekeeping staff were both exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Great location and charming, well priced lodging.
2 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Nob Hill Hotel is NOT on Nob Hill"
Welcome to the Tenderloin...one of the most sketchy and dangerous neighborhoods in San Francisco. The hotel offers free wi-fi but it does not work and the front desk clerks are powerless to help. General Manager; K. Patel knows of the various problems but will not address them. RUN FAR AND FAST AWAY FROM THIS MESS OF A HOTEL!!!!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Yes yes yes"
Was able to Check in earlier than we originally thought we would get to, which was nice. Of Course valet parking was our only Choice so $36 later we We're parked and allowed into our room. It was very clean and lovely. The elevator Was the best part of entire Hotel. Old school With the sliding gate door. The complimentary breakfast was Decent just basic Toast, Cereal, some pasteries and fruit and coffee. Check out was fast and easy. Everyone was nice who worked there besides the first man who checked us in was a little Sassy but oh well. Overall Great place and great deal. Would Go Back Again for sure.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
kaitlyn
"Quaint Hotel"
I would stay here again, but I would make sure I knew what kind of room I was going to have for the price. It is a nice hotel with lots of charm and a fairly decent location. The rooms were clean with updated bathrooms. Originally I had booked the only two rooms left with a queen bed in each. We really needed another bed, so a couple of days before the trip, I called to check on availability & the man at the front desk said there had been a cancellation and he could offer me a king room for an extra $40 per day and the Business Suite with 2 separate rooms for an extra $50 per day. However, when we arrived, the woman at the front desk did not have the Suite available, so she offered us a room with 2 beds and she said there would not be an upgrade charge. We did also get the King room, which was a decent size with a king bed. The room with two beds was very crowded and the beds were double, not queen, with no room on the wall side of either bed. When we went to check out, the man at the front desk was the same person who had upgraded our rooms over the phone. When I explained that we did not get the Suite and were told there would not be an upgrade charge, he did not have that information and would not agree to drop the upgrade charge. He argued that we did get a room with two beds, which was an upgrade. When we tried to check out, the computer was not working, so we could not use any credit card other than the one the rooms were reserved with. That was a huge inconvenience.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Vicki
"Convenient location"
Very expensive for this type of hotel. I am a worldly traveler, and familiar with hotel prices in New York and London. The best part was the location. Cleanliness and upkeep could be improved. Continental breakfast was included, but it was so low quality that we eat elsewhere.
5 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Arrival was awkard cause of entrance on hill and no valet or bell to help. Overall nice feel and clean, location good.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Great surprise"
Was very satisfied with my stay here. Rooms were very nice and spacious, staff was friendly, and they even had free wine set out when we got in. Would recommend!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"worst experience"
The worst hotel we ever stayed. The pictures are misleading- the rooms very small, outdated, with a heavy, bad smell. We asked our money back, but we had to stay one night, since we would be charged anyhow
3 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Jose Miguel
"Nice old-fashioned hotel!"
It is a charming old-fashioned hotel with a friendly service.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Tine
"nice trip"
Beds were comfy, room a bit small, but area easy to get around from Nob Hill to down town, North Beach, etc.
1 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2014
LAURA
Staff assigned me to a lower level room than the one booked. Were not pleased of being caught.
"Good clean room, no frills."
Overall, it was a good clean room, the bed was comfortable enough, no a/c. Bathroom was clean, no hair conditioner though. It looked nothing like the pictures on Hotels.com though, the pics made it look like a palace. Homeless people were also yelling on the streets at night outside the window. Also I got there around 1:30pm and was told that I could wait and maybe a room would open up, but nothing guaranteed until 3pm. Its not a Starwood type of atmosphere, but if you prefer the quaint style, you will love this place.
2 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Colin
"Small, cold and over-promising"
Worst hotel experience in a long time. Could barely move around the bed, no screens on windows, ~30 minute wait for valet, "breakfast included" was cold coffee and cereal. Front desk staff were friendly.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
It was a good experience. The hotel is old and it smells like it but we weren't there enough to be uncomfotable. Staff was great and the location is close to a lot of nice areas walking distance
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Sara
""Nob Hill" Hotel"
Looking for a cozy, couple get-away for my birthday unfortunately I was disappointed in the surrounding neighborhood. It was not the Nob Hill I was expecting, this neighborhood was on the outskirts of the Tenderloin & Theater District. However it was 2 blocks away from the California Cable Car line. The rooms were also not what I saw in the pictures online. There was a lack of "storage" for unpacking, and no space counter space for toiletries. I was also a bit disappointed in the staff, in checking out I was overcharged as well as charged twice. They did take off the extra charge as well as took off the second transaction. This would be a hotel that I would only book if everything else was booked for the weekend, or looking for a cheaper hotel in San Francisco.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Morgan
"When you dislike chain hotels"
The hotel is in a great location in San Francisco. The hotel was kept very clean, and the little time I needed the hotel staff, I was happy with their service. The building has a few minor quirks, which add to the charm. This hotel is not for people who expect major chain services. I would compare it hotels I've stayed in in Europe.
3 night trip Nov 5, 2014
Mike B
"Loved it!"
Great! Really helpful staff, super clean comfortable rooms, perfect neighborhood.
2 night trip Oct 30, 2014
"Fun change of pace hotel. Will stay again."
Charming, fun old hotel restored to period. Purple chandelier in loby sets tone. Elevator brings back fond memories of old department stores where elevator attendant rode in the elevator and opened the outer solid metal door and then folding mesh inner door. $36 hotel parking,$20 at near by garage, free on street from 6 pm to 8am. Cable car about 6 blocks. However, dont forget this is San Francisco and steep hills. GREAT restaurant in front of hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Harry
"Nob Hill"
The hotel was nice and quaint. The only issue was some homeless people on the sidewalk nearby. I was with my fiance so I was ok, but wouldnt recommend for a solo female for safety reasons.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"Trendy, boutique hotel"
Loved staying in this boutique style, older hotel. Great location to china town, union square. Staff very helpful, phoned to see if there were alcatraz tickets available, not so make sure to order on line early. Also wine and cheese served every afternoon as well as breakfast. I would recommend staying here. Enjoyed it very much.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
"Good, Historic Option in a Better Area of SF"
As far as the hotel goes, the room was very comfortable. I think I got upgraded, because I booked a double and got a queen (or maybe a king). It was a corner room that faced Hyde Street. A couple of things you should know about this property: - There is no air-conditioning. This is common in San Francisco with older hotels, so don't get upset about it. 90% of the year, you do not need a/c. - The elevator is the old style with the door and gate. A sign said "out of order" when I tried to come back up from breakfast, but it was still working, and it led me to believe that they put that up there so that the cleaning staff can still get around during the morning rush. Who knows though. The only problems I had were that my television only got a little over half the channels it was supposed to get and that the hot water wasn't very hot. Though I would expect both from an older hotel. The wireless internet worked well and I loved the room. Very comfortable bed and a cool bathroom, though there is no place to put the soap or anything else in the shower (it's a stall shower), so that was a bit of an issue. Great location though. There are some wonderful restaurants and bars around here, and you're well off of the tourist track, so you can enjoy yourself more in peace as opposed to the Union Square area.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
CG
Overall a nice hotel, but all receptionists not very friendly ... Simply do their job of checking you in and done. You walk by sometimes don't even look up to greet you. Is more of a business hotel... Room were very small but ok ... Clean and taken care of. The location is good to walk down to union square also a 15 minute walk to China Town. Some of the surrounding streets a little scary. Our first night we were woken up by scream, arguing of street people or I don't know at 2 am and some other guys in the street right below or hotel. Second night was better. Parking is vet only and cost is high... We weren't told the price and didn't ask because we'll where else ca you park over night... And didn't feel safe to leave car in streets.
2 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2014
Z
"Nice Hotel-Old World Atmosphere"
This was a very unique hotel that we stayed in. The furnishings were very "old world" which I found very interesting. Our rooms (we stayed before and after our primary travel) were clean and spacious. The first night we were upgraded to a kings size bed, which made our room larger. Although it shows no air conditioning, both of our rooms were equipped with it. My only problem was no bell hop service and I felt the cushions on most of their couches and chairs were in desperate need of upgrading. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very accommodating and polite.
2 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"Really dirty yet delightfully tacky"
It was smelly, dirty, and worn down. I would not stay here again.
3 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
"get what you paid for!!!"
Every thing went well.i got what i paid for,,location is great...good front desk staff. Their restaurant was busy..
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
kishore kumar
"Nice Hotel Stay in Nob Hill - but bad coffee"
Stayed for a nursing conference in the city. Nice Hotel in a nice neighborhood. Walking distance to good restaurants and coffee shops. Very spacious room with a very comfortable bed. Large full bathroom and walk in closet. Window opened to slightly noisy courtyard at night. TV channels where digital and some would cut in and out. No volume on NBC for most of the morning. Continental breakfast was lacking and coffee was horrid - Farmer Brothers coffee is the worst and what this hotel choose to provide. In an international city with small independent coffee roasters and delicious big names as well, the coffee choice should have been better. For those that imbibe - I don't - they did serve complimentary wine and cheese at cocktail hour. I just wanted a good cup of Joe.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Andrea
"Memorable experiance"
the room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Not a place for kids. The bathroom was dark. Its a nice place to stay if you want something different and memorable.
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
Yolanda
"Cute clean bargain"
Really nice staff. Quaint cozy room with funky antique touches. Bed very comfy but bring your own pillow. Immaculate upgraded bathroom. Only drawback was the continental breakfast consisting of rubbery bagels & pastry from Costco, dry cereal, toast, overripe bananas, reconstituted watery oj. I was really impressed with the honesty of employees--I accidentally left my laptop there and when I called it was at the desk. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2014
"best suite ever"
The suite floor on top was available at a cheap price, so we ended up staying. It was the greatest experience while in SF. Normally I know it is an expensive room but felt lucky to spend a day there.
1 night family trip May 30, 2014
"a room in need"
other than the check in policy being at 3pm and i got there at 11am, everything was great. Anish, was extremely helpful! thanks buddy!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
david k
"Solo stay"
Sink was next to bed which was weird, and bed was kind of hard.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Jonathon
"Never stay here again!!"
Location is not safe, Room/bathroom are extremely small. No air conditioning. No parkiing. Valet almost the rate of the hotel room. Front desk clerk(s) not very helpful or friendly. Will do much more research next time I visit Firsco.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Rocio
"Old World San Fran Charm."
This hotel had an old world charm to it and you have to appreciate that and not expect all the glitz and glam of a brand new building to stay here. If you love hotels in London and Paris then you will be charmed by Nob Hill. Had a little room with a wrought iron double bed topped with a down comforter and fluffy pillows. Window faced out onto a rooftop decorated with plants. Room #200, was a tad noisy with the elevator right on the other side of the wall, but I have stayed in MUCH worse. Perfect for a single traveler or a romantic getaway! Note: This hotel will NOT be for everyone! Rooms are small and the bathroom is a bit tight with the sink in the main room around the corner.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Original hotel in Union Square Area"
Positive: Greatest location and very original hotel/decoration. Close to Union Square, Cable Cars, convenient store. Nice complimentary breakfast. Negative: No A/C. Difficult to park automobile, like any other hotel in Nob Hill/Union Square.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Mexico traveler
"Respectable hotel, good value"
Old charming hotel, a little run down, nice people, convenient to a lot of things though near some seedy areas. For sub $200, a good value
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014