All hotels in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereAvenida Atlantica, 3668 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 22070-001, Brazil, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
Great service! Everyone at the desk was very helpful and spoke good English in addition to helping me with my Portuguese. They gave great recommendations on tours, restaurants, the general area etc. I will definitely stay there again.
4 night trip Jun 13, 2015
"Great place to stay in Copacabana"
An overall excellent stay. Comfortable and clean room that was well-tended to. The staff at the hotel is mostly excellent (have wonderful things to say about Paula at the front desk). The breakfast options were plentiful, the wait-staff in the restaurant were fantastic. I will mention one minor issue (won't keep me from returning, but worth bringing up nevertheless). When asking for advice on getting to Corcovado and Sugar Loaf, someone behind the front desk strongly suggested using a car service that would cost 100 reais an hour, rather than using a taxi. We opted for the taxis, which were perfect, and ended up costing us about 75 reais -- the car service would have been at least 500. The experience just left a bit of a bad taste. Overall, the property is well run and maintained. The people are fabulous and I look forward to visiting again (after the Olympics though :) )
4 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Fanastic stay!"
The stay at the Miramar Hotel was wonderful. The breakfast buffet was incredible - tons of options, and all included in the room. The food at both the pool and the restaurant were top notch. Both the pool and the gym were great, albeit both a little smaller than my ideal. The staff was all incredibly nice, and they all spoke fairly good English. The only thing that I wasn't thrilled with was the bed - it wasn't comfortable for me (I prefer a pillow-top - this was a little on the hard side). However, I would absolutely return and recommend this hotel to others!
4 night trip May 22, 2015
"Amazing staff and great daily breakfast."
Loved this hotel. Excellent staff. Wonderful daily breakfast. Good location on Copacabana. Amazing beach view. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Rio.
6 night family trip May 6, 2015
rebecca
"luxury in copacabana."
my husband and i were traveling to Rio and he became very ill prior to flying. we unfortunately did not get to see much of Rio but since we had to stay in the hotel, we couldn't have been luckier to stay at the Miramar. the hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure I could nurse my husband back to health. the rooms are gorgeous. we had an oceanfront view room. the beds are big and comfortable and the room decor/lines are luxurious. the shower was heavenly! we had to order room service the whole time we were there and the staff was very accomodating for my husband's diet. I looked forward to the breakfast buffet every morning. it was delicious! we will be back for a redo of our trip so we can experience Rio!
4 night romance trip May 3, 2015
Michele
"Miramar Hotel Copacabana"
This is a hotel I will go back to anytime. Since the moment of our arrival we were made feel right at home, with extremely nice staff, from the bellboy to the receptionist. The room was clean, comfortable and well stocked. The breakfast they served was the best (as they said the "best in town" ) , that is believable! It is situated across the street from Copacabana beach, so even the service of the hotel on the beach is commendable. A pleasant hotel to stay at!
5 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
Cecilia
"Lovely hotel & excellent staff"
The hotel is great! Amazing breakfast and staff couldn't be better. Would definitely recommend it.
4 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Excellent - great location, fabulous breakfast, pleasant staff.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Staff is so rude and irresponsible."
Staff is so so so rude and they don't know the customer service. Front Manager in the day shift Mr. Claudia is very rude. I really hate their service.I am a frequent traveler with Expedia and this is my worst experience with this hotel. I will not make any mistake to recommend anyone about thishotel. It is very much over priced hotel. Not worth it.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Easy access to Capacabana beach"
Excellent breakfast. Easy access to the beach. Small rooms.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Ken
"I'd go back in a heartbeat."
This hotel was perfect in every way. We tried all the amenities - breakfast, restaurant for dinner, lobby bar, pool bar, and beach chair service and the service was impeccable. Neither my husband nor I speak Portuguese and we were made to feel so welcome by every staff member from the doorman to the concierge. We took a tour arranged through the hotel and it was of very high quality as well. We are recommending this hotel to anyone we know planning to travel to Rio de Janeiro. This hotel is situated on the nicer end of Copacabana. Copa isn't as trendy as Ipanema or Leblon, but it's a easy walk to Ipanema if you seek trendy, which we did one afternoon. Easy walk to the Military Museum as well.
4 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"Weekend in Rio"
Perfect location on Copacabana, staff was super helpful and always asking if you needed anything. Be sure to visit the pool for a great view and some delicious drinks!
3 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Shannon
The was friendly and pleasant . They resturant was also very nice to dine in.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Hotel Has helpful Staff"
Driver for first day tour arranged by hotel did not take us to locations we requested but the Hotel made up for this by hiring an English speaking guide and charged us half the rate at $60/hr for day 2 tour and providing free shuttle back to the airport.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Rotarians 5
"Great stay at Mirimar!"
Used Tripadvisor to find this hotel- outstanding corroboration with reviews! We loved the hotel, and generally the area, but you definitely need to be very careful at night. We did not have a bad experience, but could easily see how that could happen.
6 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Rio"
only there one night but right on the beach. Good for people watching.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Ron
"Beautiful Hotel on Copacabana"
Although the front lobby does not face Copacabana, this is an oceanfront property. Many of the rooms have a lovely (side) view that stretches all the way up the beach. Beautiful and contemporary, with the BEST breakfast buffet I have ever encountered (who has a buffet table for people on a cleanse -- really). Front desk staff are very knowledgeable and friendly, as are the bellmen. Rooms are nicely furnished, and adequately equipped with nice amenities and service bar plus snacks. Their check-out time is noon (or 2 pm) and you can get complimentary late checkout until 2 pm (or 4 pm)--keep asking! You can also pay a half-day rate for late check-out until 6 pm if your flight is late, as most are. Free WiFi works well. My only criticism is that their beach cabana has very limited chairs for guests -- apparently this is regulated and not their fault.
4 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
DONNA
"excellent hotel - but wifi was horrible"
this hotel was awesome in almost every regard. high end, clean rooms, VERY friendly / helpful staff, fantastic, beautiful rooftop pool / bar. our only complaint was that the wifi was almost un-usable which is a big hassle.... we had to spend over an hour on the phone trying to get it to work and it just never really worked well at all
4 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Timothy
Compare to other hotels on Copacabana, this one is definitely decent.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Loved everything about this hotel, from the location to the service, breakfast, and great rooms! Would highly recommend it!
3 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Kaivan
"Perfection"
Perfect Hotel with perfect food and Amazing Service. I've been travelling for almost 20 years all around the world and it's probably the best feeling i ever had in a hotel.
5 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2014
yannick
"Great choice to be on the beach"
Great views from the roof deck, awesome breakfast, bed not the most comfortable, but clean and well sized room. Very friendly and helpful staff.
3 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
Madeleine
"NO AS GOOD AS SHOULD BE"
The service is good , but windsor have a rules that they should inform before you check in , YOU CANT NOT BRING ANY GUEST IN ! only in the restaurant , I had my father that visit me at the hotel and I could not take him to sit at the pool and have drink ! was nasty situation as around the world no hotel do that ! I think you should think before use windsor hotel
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Ricardo
"Wonderful stay!"
I had a wonderful 2 night stay at the Miramar hotel last week. The location is perfect, the hotel decor beautiful (splurge and get a room with a view. It's worth it) and the service impeccable.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Jo
"Love it!"
Great time from check in til check out! Breakfast was excellent!
mac from NY
"Wonderful hotel, perfect location, perfect staff."
This hotel and its staff are amazing. We had a range and variety of experiences in Brazil - but the professionalism and absolute service at this hotel topped everything. The room was magnificent, the bathroom even better - everything was spotless, breakfast was the best we had in Brazil, location is far better than hotels on Ipanema or further up the coast....there is not one negative thing about this place.
mmoa
Friendly staff, excellent location. This hotel exceeded our already high expectations, from the expansive breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, and a high quality if cleanliness and comfort.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
christina
"Satisfied customer"
The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. I had a great time and will stay in this hotel on my return to Rio. Truly 5 star.
5 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Juliana
"Great hotel on Copacabana"
Extremely courteous staff, very clean room well appointed, though ours was small. Included breakfast was a swell, always fresh, rich with different foods, including detox juice etc. Roof top pool, bar and view was exquisite. Restaurant was well appointed, food excellent but pricey.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Alex
"Wonderful Stay in Rio"
The staff at this property could not be more welcoming. We only spoke English and had no trouble at all communicating. Breakfast, pool, and location were all perfect. The only downside is that there is no spa or private shower, so if you have a late flight, you can't store your luggage and then get ready somewhere in private. Other than that, it was a great trip and I highly recommend this property!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Business traveller"
I have stayed in five stars hotel and as far as staff, cleanliness, restaurant , breakfast buffet , amenities , location, pool area this hotel merits six stars because it was even better than eg. Caesar Park, Copacabana Palace, Fasano or JW Marriott which are places that I have stayed for many years. There is only one thing that needs improvement and that is the WiFi provider. The service was intermittent during my two night stay. However they upgraded me to the high speed for free. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate the guest . Well they had me at hello when I checked in and the greeted me with a glass of champagne!!!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Marisel
"Truly Magical"
i stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend and we loved absolutely everything about the place. The room was magical, the service impeccable and the breakfast was spectacular. Would not hesitate to stay here again if returning to RIO.
4 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
"The best service in a hotel right on Copacabana"
Miramar by Windsor has hands down the best service staff I met in any hotel in Brazil. The only exception was one encounter at the reception. The breakfast buffet (with champagne!) is lovely, the staff almost overly attentive. A wonderfully friendly butler (Mariam?), housekeeping staff, bellboys, etc. The problems I had were simply with the room: mine was on the 5th floor (excellent sound insulation), and the light was blocked by the tall building nearby. The room never had enough natural light in the daytime. It was also rather small. Very few rooms face the ocean (as opposed to Windsor Atlantica, where I never had a room without a direct ocean view). That said, I would definitely return if I knew I could get a bright room with the ocean view :).
2 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"Nice hotel with incredible staff."
I was initially sold on this hotel because of it's ratings online and the infinity pool. The actual experience was something else. The view of the beach from the pool was amazing, but I cannot say enough about the staff and their attentiveness to customer service. They were the most accommodating staff I have EVER encountered and I travel for a living. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Alex
"Great Choice in Rio"
We arrived very early at the Hotel (7:30 am) and we were thinking on the normal condition that you have which is that you room is available after 1 PM or later...and all the good things started at that moment, because they gave us the room upon our arrival, which obviously was a great surprise for us. The room was very nice, the staff super friendly (Wendy make us feel at home everyday), everybody speak english and almost all of them speak spanish. The breakfast is great, the pool is nice, beach is rigth in front of you and the hotel has everything in there : Chairs, Fruits, Water, etc. This hotel Is a good choice without a doubt.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"A Truly Wonderful Hotel"
Everything about it was excellent--location, service, value. The people who work at the hotel are wonderful and eager to ensure that you enjoy your visit. The breakfast is outstanding. The rooftop pool offers a gorgeous view of all of Copacabana. One of the best places we've ever stayed. Simply a wonderful place to relax and enjoy Rio!
4 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"A Truly 5-star Quality Hotel."
I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The staff were very courteous and helpful always. They served all my needs and were very knowledgeable in answering all my questions. My partial view room met my needs and still provided an excellent view of the beach and surroundings. The breakfast buffet was the best the I have ever seen with quality food to meet anyone's taste. This includes any hotel that I stayed in when I visited the many countries in Europe and Asia. The view from the roof top swimming pool was spectacular. I highly recommend staying at this hotel and is deserving of its number one rating as the best hotel in Rio de Janeiro. I will be looking forward to returning to this hotel when come back in the future.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Marlin
"Except for one incident everything was great"
Hotel is pricey but the rooms are great. Very clean and well decorated. Comfortable beds. Would have rated it 5 stars if staff did not lie about their cars service to airport taking credit cards. We reserved their car service only because they promised it accepted credit cards and when we reached the airport the driver made us pay cash... Terrible !
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Ticks every box (BEST BREAKFAST)!!!"
Great room, great breakfast, fantastic service (served champagne while we were waiting in line to check in)...
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Horst
Best Breakfast!
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Hors-Kevin
"Beachfront hotel recently remodeled."
Hotel is in great location. Walkable to Ipanema Beach, shopping, Fort Copacabana, and many restaurants. Hotel staff was amazing!
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
LKM
"Well positioned on Copacabana but near Ipanema"
Near the south end of Copacabana beach and Fort and easy walk across to Ipanema. Staff friendly, competent and helpful. Gave sound advice about touring the usual Rio sites and did not try to push "tourist" packages etc. Excellent breakfast at hotel and good choice of restaurants nearby. Roof top pool and bar with excellent views.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Ian
The "outstanding ratings were justified. Clean facilities. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Scenic location. Only negative- gym could be better equipped but did not have time to go to the gym anyway as Rio was too exciting. Hotel seemed recently refurbished. Room was big and very comfortable.
4 night trip May 8, 2014
Judy
"Great location for a runner"
Copacabana beach is great for runners; the views are amazing, the sand is friendly and the water nipping at my feet was delicious. Fabulous to return to a well located hotel with friendly helpful staff. The rooftop pool with its event horizon view of sugar loaf made it perfect.
Other trip May 8, 2014
ed
"Perfect hotel in Rio"
Everything is brand new and sparking at this hotel on Copacabana beach. Impeccable service from the staff. The location is great as you are very close to Arpoador and only about a 15 minute walk to Ipanema. The check in is very pleasant and we were offered champagne, The rooms are done in tasteful tones of gray with marble bathrooms. Really comfy beds. I had a "partial view" room and could see the beach to the right if I looked out the window. The "ocean view rooms" have much larger windows and look right on to the beach. The morning breakfast is fantastic with great service! The icing on the cake is the beautiful infinity pool on the roof that looks over Copacabana! It's simply gorgeous. Like you are floating over the ocean. And the beach service is great with umbrellas, lounge chairs, water and on some days fruit salads.
4 night romance trip May 2, 2014
Samba
"Stellar hotel/experience"
This is one of the best hotels with the best staff we have ever stayed in. It is beautifully decorated, has wonderfully friendly and helpful staff, is right on the Copacabana Beach and has a free breakfast buffet that has to be seen to be believed. Examples of special touches: welcoming champagne at check-in AND with breakfast! Roof-top terrace on 14th story overlooking the Copacabana Beach & Sugar Loaf with an infinite horizon pool and bar with snacks. Deliciously comfortable bed, linens and towels plus luxury fittings throughout. Staff who could not do enough to help from suggesting restaurants in the area to calling elevators for you, etc., etc., etc. Absolutely worth every penny!!
3 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"Great location,tiny room,very expensive"
Good hotel,but question value,nice beach service,outstanding breakfast,friendly staff,room not swept of sand,first room had moldy smell from shower had to change,recommended expensive avg restaurants
3 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"Great hotel in Rio"
Rio is famous for not having good hotels but this is an exception to the rule. This hotel is expensive but you get good quality service and great hotel facilities (unlike other hotels in Rio). Breakfast was fantastic. Room and bathroom were big, clean and very well maintain. The view from the pool/bar area is awesome. Well location as well and the hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Totally recommend this hotel.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
GF
"Wonderful Place to Stay in Rio"
This hotel is exceptional in every way, and my husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. The pool area has an awesome view of Copacabana beach and Sugarloaf Mountain, and this aspect in itself makes the hotel 5 stars. In addition, the staff members are extremely helpful and go out of their way to ensure you have a good vacation. The breakfast buffet is outstanding, too!
3 night trip Mar 12, 2014
Melanie W.
"Best of 3"
We were in 3 hotels in 12 days and this was the best. The rooms were very clean and attractive. The breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of fresh fruit and made to order omelets. The wifi was very slow in the room. Also the rooms should have a bureau. I had to live out of my suitcase.
4 night trip Feb 23, 2014