All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
1425 Munras Ave, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice, bargain hotel"
Nice, comfortable hotel with good price. Front desk staff pleasant and very informative. Great parking!
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
"It's a motel not a hotel"
The doors of the rooms open to the outside like a motel. When we walked in our room the bed was not made. They did give us a new room. But the rooms are not nice. Very basic.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Alexandra
"Eh."
When we got comfortable into our room, we smelled something unpleasant. Turns out that whoever used the sheets prior had puked. They had been washed, but clearly not well at all because the smell was still there. Luckily we caught it before laying down. The front desk manager moved us to a new room immediately and was extremely helpful all weekend. There were stains on some of the furniture in either room as well. An upgrade in that dept. will help the hotel immensely.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Stay was just OK"
The staff was very helpful. The bathrooms had been recently renovated, and were very nice. The bed was decent, but the walls of the room were green, and dirty with no artwork just nails or holes. The walls were very thin and could hear freeway and outdoor noise.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
"Quaint"
Simple and great location. Fulfilled necessity of simple stay, we have 2 kids and room large and able to house all of comfortably. Close location to get to aquarium, and downtown. Great restaurant for simple breakfast. Very happy with convenience and friendliness of staff. Only concern is can be loud at times, doors of neighbors closing, traffic outside, but not too distracting, just audible.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Bernadette
"great"
Clean
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
RICHARD
"Nice hotel that accepts pets!"
The girlfriend and I stayed overnight and we brought her dog. The hotel was very welcoming, the staff was really nice, and the room service was quick. It was slightly outdated in the hallways as other reviews have stated, but our room was really clean and the bathroom was very modern. It had everything we wanted for the right price. Definitely would come back again!
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
Ken
"Very nice stay"
The trip was for business. The staff was very helpful. The bed was extremely confortable.
3 night business trip Feb 13, 2015
salvador
"Family visit in Monterey"
I was visiting family in Monterey for 3 days. This hotel served my needs adequately. It was a bit noisy with traffic but the beds were comfortable. Bathtub was comfy, however, there was no fan in the bathroom. This hotel is a 'strong' average hotel - nothing fancy, no frills but a good solid middle of the road motel.
3 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
Erik
"Great Get Away Place"
Great value for amenities and services provided. My new favorite in the area.
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Farhad
"Not close to downtown Monterey"
Staff was very friendly. I felt for the price I could have done better. Older Hotel with very small closet. I felt crowded with 2 people in room. Not close to downtown area.
"Close to the Park Lane"
I visit my mother at the Parklane and it is a good hotel near her. It is near shopping and one can easily drive to the aquarium and the golf courses.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
daughter
"Nice hotel close to shopping"
Everything is very nice except hallways are old, worn and dirty. Maybe they are the last to be remodeled.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
wayne
"Nice hotel close to the Cannery Row"
Enjoyed a quick stay. No problem. In and out. Just the way it should be.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"A total waste of money"
Rated as one of the worst nights sleep of my life. I purchased the most expensive room in the hotel and expected everything to be nice, but it wasn't. Light streamed into the room from their outside lights all night long. The lights never dimmed at all through the night and it was like a large high powered search light was parked outside my room. It was way too bright and the curtains didn't come close to covering up the window properly. Way too much traffic noise, as well. Not worth it at all and the owner gave me nothing to make my stay endurable... not even a discount. Bad business practices at this place. Owned by foreigners.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Needs a hot tub and a sunning area."
Wonderful front desk, very nice rooms. I was disappointed in the pool area. There was no hot tub and the pool area was in between two high buildings so there was no sun available and the pool was very cold.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Bonni
"Perfectly adequate"
This is not a fancy place to stay, but it is nicer than a Hotel 6. The beds were comfortable, but the bathroom didn't have a fan. The hotel was well situated. Most of the major Monterey tourist attractions were only a few miles away. They do not have a continental breakfast. There is a restaurant attached and they deduct 10% from your bill if you show them your room key. It was fine for our needs. Considering that it borders a busy street and Hwy 1, it was not that noisy.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Yaaawn....Tired Hotel"
Stayed here one night in January 2015. Not sure I'd stay here again if given a choice. Overall presentation of hotel I'd describe as "tired". Lots of random construction garbage out back, tired paint job, hallway carpets, etc. The room felt like a prison cell on one side - masonry brick wall. Boooo. Despite being painted a nice neutral color it was cold - literally. I'd suggest slapping up some drywall with a thin layer of insulation. A WholeFoods is across the street which was nice for food.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
The location was perfect, across the street from Del Monte Shopping Center and about 2 miles from the aquarium. Only stayed for one night to wake up early and go to the aquarium. You get what you pay for. The aesthetics weren't too pleasing and made me cringe a bit but the bed and bathroom were clean and at night it was very quiet. It did its job for one night.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Mica
"Hit the mark where it mattered to me"
I enjoyed the Bay Park Hotel. We were on the third floor, which is pet free. The room was free from strange odors or allergens, the bed was comfortable, the shower had great water pressure, they have HGTV, it was clean, and the price was right. There were some quirks, but overall it was a pleasant two night stay. If you are a light sleeper, bring some ear plugs or use a white noise app- or both, like I did. There is a shopping center close by with various eateries and a Whole Foods Market. We did not spend much time in Monterey, but found the location to be very convenient to Highway 1 and area attractions.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Jacqueline
"4 nights"
4 night stay at hotel. Convenient but noisy location- close to highway. That said, the servide was good, the new furniture was an improvement, and the bed was very comfortable. Lighting in the room needed improvement- only one free-standing light and one bed side lamp.
4 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
"Nice hotel!"
Nice staff, restaurant and bar, pretty quiet for being next to a freeway and close to shopping centers
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
lauren
"Spacious and comfortable"
The hotel was surely a steal. Great price with good location and the beds are comfortable. The room was clean and aside from the carpets were somewhat dirty. They had fresh baked cookies at the frint desk which were delicious and a nice staff. I would easily recommend this place
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
susan
"costal trip"
One night only with decent location and price.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Terry
"good"
everything was good
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Kristen
"Good price, nothing fancy about this hotel though"
I stayed at the Bay Park Hotel in Monterey, California in Dec 2014. I would rate my overall stay a 7 out of 10. The staff at the front desk where extremely friendly. The room décor was outdated except for a bathroom sink. Picture an old bathroom with a new modern vanity and sink. The room was not overly large, but it was not small. It was roomy enough for 2 adults without feeling cramped. The queen size bed was more comfortable than expected. The pillows were above average. It was difficult to determine if the hotel was unclean or just old. I want to side with optimism and give it a 7 out of 10 for cleanliness of the room, but the hallways I will give a 4 out of 10. The hallway carpet was soiled and just did not looked like it had been vacuumed recently. However, let me point out the room doors opened to the outside. Therefore, the hallway was a covered outdoor area, so I suppose it would be difficult to maintain and keep clean. The hotel appears to be in a safe area, but the hotel itself is difficult to get to; the entrance is easy to miss. I suppose, considering the cost of your average hotel in Monterey, it was an acceptable hotel stay; especially because I only stayed one night.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Grady
"Great dog friendly stay."
Nice hotel in great centralized location. Would defiantly stay here again. Enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend with my husband and dog. First time taking my dog to Carmel beach & he Luv'd it!
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Bobbie
"Serviceable, but not atmospheric"
Price was right, and the room was clean but plain. The halls look like a prison or a bad college dorm. If you're going to Monterey for charm and atmosphere, this ain't it. If you're just looking for a place to lay your head that isn't creepy, this does fine. Avoid the restaurant. It's just a badly decorated coffee shop in disguise.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Jean
"Hotel was dissapointing"
The hallways smell badly. No parking in front of my room due to exterior painting of the building. Trash all around the perimeter of the hotel. Front desk wasn't pleasant upon my arrival or departure. They didn't want to give me a receipt. The interior of the room was remodeled and they are trying to improve, but the tub and sink stoppers didn't work. The wall paper in bathroom was pealing. Bed was comfortable.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"This hotel needs update"
This hotel needs update.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Cindy
when I arrived the front of the building was roped off with no signage to explain. After being forced to drive around and park in the rear I was told check in was at 3pm and i was 25 minutes early
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Anthony
We were surprised by the quality of this hotel. The area is away from the town center but right next to a shopping center with a whole food in it. We would stay again in this hotel if we go back to monterey
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Olivier
"Nice Older Hotel close to everything."
Came for New Years Eve. Ret. Army from Ft. Ord. Nice to get back and see the area again. Really to cold to do much but had good time.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Not bad"
Room was perty good for the price but you could tell the age of the place by the condition oc the hall way. I would stay again
1 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
"Clean and comfortable, close to attractions"
We were in Monterrey for one night, and 1 1/2 days. We found this hotel to be close to HWY 1 and close (about 1.5 miles) to Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row. It sits across from the Del Monte Shopping center, so close to shopping and chain restaurants. The room was clean, pretty large and updated. It was very quiet too, once inside. There is a restaurant on site, in case you don't want to drive for food; a gas station convenience store is in the same lot, with quick coffee and snacks access. We arrived on a Friday night, so there was Karaoke in the lounge, which made for some entertainment. I would stay again, the price, location and condition of the hotel was very pleasing to myself and my family.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great place for the price"
Since the older hotel was remodeled it was nice. Comfortable and in a good location.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Jaime
"details"
not so good... overall looked clean, but I paid attention to details: night stand was broken, carpets inside and outside (actually outside should not have carpets at all, cause not in-door walkway)had big spots, Jacuzzi had pieces of sand and leaves inside and located outside, wallpaper in bathrooms were unglued in some corners, vanity top was too high and had cracked one leg, A/C heater was noisy, and bed-covers/pillows smelled petroleum, some towels overused and had torn edges... and partly updated...
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Kanan
Traveled to Monterey to spend the holiday with our cousin. Hotel was an easy access off Hwy 1. Entered a clean lobby with a wonderful aroma coming from the restaurant. Staff greeted us warmly and directed us to our room. The room was great! It was clean, fresh and had a large seating area. Our room was a nice place to prop up our feet after a long day of walking and sightseeing.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Susie
"Dissapointing stop on our road trip"
The signage for the hotel was not lit on the North and West sides of the building making it very hard to find... We found the staff at the front desk to be rather rude after standing there waiting for them for about 10 minutes. After finding our room, the toilet flushed only occasionally and the shower valve was problematic to shut off...
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Horrible Hotel"
The only positive comment I can make is that the beds were comfortable!! I felt like I was incarcerated in the room...white washed slab cement walls!! My daughter stayed down the hall and called it a dump!!! Neither of us is super particular, but this hotel was the Bottom of the Barrel! No ammenties/ no coffee in lobby!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
susan
"stayed here for the last 3 or 4 years around and o"
we like it here because of the location and clean rooms every year except this year. There was no refrigerator , there was a large stain on the carpet,there was a odor that smelled of gasoline and the lamp by the headboard got so hot it burned my wife's arm when she tried to turn it off. We were both sick this year and wish we had let the manager know how we felt. Room #319
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
dennis
"Christmas vacation"
We stayed for three nights in Monterey visiting my sister and brother-in-law. The hotel was right across the Hwy 1 from their place. Very convenient. The bed was very comfortable and as long as we left the heater on, the room was warm.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Nice hotel."
Stayed three days over Christmas. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was prepared nicely. Brought our dog.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"It was a good hotel"
Only stayed one night and it was all good
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
Wayne
"Close to everything"
Enjoyable for short getaways or a long weekend. Close to all attractions with easy access to freeways
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Lori
"Clean overnight stay, close to Hwy 1"
Comfortable and clean room, but the hotel itself little old. Good for short stay. Very close to one of the beautiful 17miles drive. Gasoline station is in front. Free parking, free WI-FI. Can't beat the value.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Julia
"Nice Stay"
Nice and clean hotel, convenience location.
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
Po
"great expensive stay in Monterey"
Stay was nice. Hotel appears to look a little old but updated nicely. Rooms and lobby look elegant. Nice updates throughtout the room. Great price for the room. Definitely wouldnt mind coming back with my gf to stay a night in Monterey
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
This little hotel is a bit old but nice for a short stay. It is so close to one of the entrance to the beautiful 17miles drive. The Crazy Horse Restaurant on site serves nice breakfast, waitress there is very friendly.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Would reccommend"
My stay was only one night but I had everything I needed and the room was clean and comfortable.
3 night business trip Dec 3, 2014