All hotels in Pisa, Italy

great Customer Service !
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
Jonathon
"great spot"
Really like this hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and an awesome little beach area. Lots of shops and resturants within walking distance. Gorgeous pool! AC wasn't turned on as high as I would of liked but other than that it was great.
6 night business trip May 10, 2015
Sean
"Beautiful hotel, on the beach, decent breakfast"
Excellent experience with check in, the front desk staff allowed us to check in at 11:00 am. Also provided us with excellent recommendations for sight seeing. Numerous restaurants very close. However I do not recommend using Expedia, book direct for a competitive rate.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
This a bit overpriced hotel is a relic from the 70s in a nostalgic rather than negative sense. The location is very good, there is a direct access to the beach from the hotel and there are numbered umbrellas for the use of hotel guests only. But be aware, the lifeguards on the beach are very, very rude and impolite to hotel guests (especially one with the name Yari). The hotel staff instead are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
I loved this hotel in Venice. It was a quick walk from the boat. The outside seating area was great for a drink before dinner. The staff was very helpful regarding dinner reservations. We were 3 families traveling together and we all had zero complaints. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Wouldn't recommend this hotel to a young couple or families with children. Rooms are very small, their website advertises king size beds while in reality you will sleep on two twin beds ( joined together). Our room smelled old and stuffy, wifi costing 24 euro per day....sorry, this is no way to be rated as a **** (4 star hotel). By the way, keys used for rooms are antiquated with a "5 lbs. " heavy keychain. The price? You are solely paying for location but not the quality! Staff is very friendly and helpful!
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Nice stay out of town"
Overall nice hotel. Beautiful pool but not heated in May and right on the beach. 20 min by taxi to train station. If you want a nice hotel outside the hustle of the city but yet close enough...this is a hotel for you.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Photo and Noisy"
We were only in the area for one night, and had a very early train to catch to Milan the next morning.... Our room as was way too hot for comfort and we were near the stair case which acted as a "noise funnel" fom the bar area. They had some local entertainment singing to a nonexistent crowd and the noise was plenty load enough to be head well on the first flow where ur room was. We would not go back....
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Outdated Hotel on the beach."
The rooms in this hotel need to be updated. Also, the beds are very hard.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Great location, but the rest is so so."
Tirrenia in the summer can be a zoo and the Continental is right in the middle of it with it's own beach and pool. We went for the beach access and the pool. The hotels side of the beach could have used the newer flat bed loungers that were avaiable on toher parts of the beach but the chairs were comfortable enough. All very nice. That being said - the hotel itself has seen better days. The rooms are clean but very utilitarian and the double bed is actually two twin mattresses tied together. The bathroom is functional but if you are larger than average the shower may be a challenge. The staff was fine, friendly, and courteous, but we did not have any real issues and no one had to go out of their way for anything for us. Dedicated underground secured parking a nice perk in this town. You have to pay for it but it was well worth the small fee. Breakfast is included and is pretty standard Italian beach town continental buffet. At the four star level I was hoping for something a bit more involved but it was completely acceptable.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
Ali
"Service was impeccable"
Although an older style, somewhat dated, the hotel was clean. Convenient to area with a private beach, easy access. Wi-fi did not function in room, but available in lobby only. Staff was wonderful, social and helpful.
1 night trip May 1, 2013
Ann-Marie
the staff was very accommodating and friendly. the hotel is older so it didn't have modern features (only 1 electrical outlet in the room and 1 in the bathroom). no kleenex in the room and the shower stall is small. the housekeeping staff did a good job of cleaning our room.
Other trip Aug 23, 2012

"Perfect spot to do nothing"
We had a very relaxing time at the end of a hectic sightseeing holiday across Northern Italy.The hotel has a great pool with plenty of sun beds. Staff were friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast and free WIFI. The rooms were fine and cleaned every day. Surrounded by local restaurants bars and Gelateria all very reasonably priced. The bus to PISA goes from outside the hotel it takes about 30 mins.
4 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"GREAT FAMILY HOTEL"
Stayed here four nights at the end of our holiday in Tuscany as we wanted a few days by the beach. It worked out fine, we enjoyed our stay here as the hotel wasn't full, probably because it was not quite the really busy part of holiday season for a few more weeks, so that meant there were plenty of available sunbeds around the pool and on the beach, which was nice and clean, any time of day. The pool was huge with plenty of space to swim. There was an aerobics class in the pool at 10am and a dance class poolside around 3pm, I think there may be more entertainment and a kids club in the peak season.I don't think we would have enjoyed it had it been any busier as my children are older now so we don't need the kids clubs and just want to chill and relax. As we drove along the main street into Tirrenia and towards the hotel we wondered if we had done the right thing as it was totally opposite to where we had just been for a week,(central Tuscany in the middle of countryside with stunning views). This was typical seaside resort, very commercialised as in one long road full of bars, restaurants, shops and stalls selling all kinds of beach wear, toys and souvenirs. But if you want a great family Hotel right by the sea with something to suit everyone entertainment wise, then this is a great place to come.
4 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
JULIE
"Not a 4*"
The hotel was more like a 2 star than a four staff and some reception staff were rude (others were good though), bar service was slow and they never had cold water The pool was clean woth plenty of sun beds, everyone mist wear swim caps (and buy one if you dont have one) when buying water, i thougt it was a little expensive in the hotel; €1.50 for 500ml and the air con isnt great, night time can be uncomfortable There is no iron in the rooms and only 1 power supply We were not made aware of "city tax" check out (this isnt part of the "taxes" hotels.com add on so beware) Taxis to Pisa are +€40ew but busses are very reasonable, there isnt much to do in Tirenia but there are a few nice restaurants, the area looked ran down but Pisa was stunning
3 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Going the extra mile"
This was a quick evening till early morning stay in nice surroundings before catching an early flight from Pisa airport. Very enjoyable! Checked out around five in the morning and half asleep I left my wallet on the counter. I did not miss it for 48 hours, and I was very relieved, when I inquired, to hear that it was being kept in a safe at the Grand Continental. A few days later, it arrived with all its varied content in my mail box, sent by registered mail. That is amazing service. We will definitely be back!
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"Super three day getaway."
Great three night stay. Lucky to get a room with a balcony on the 3rd floor (300) meal and service in restaurant good and reasonable price. Mario in the bar was exceptional and very professional. Location is good with many restaurants in the immediate area. We would definitely stay again.
3 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Malcolm
"Located outside of Pisa on the Coast"
This hotel is located in Tirrena which is a 30 minute bus ride outside Pisa, we selected it because of the beach and pool, but missed the small print which indicated it wasn't open until May. (it is on the web site but we missed it when booking.) The 4 stars I think are a little generous, when it was built I am sure they were justified but on the whole the Hotel is a little tired, and more 3 star in our view. The Staff were excellent and very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Glad we chose this location..."
We enjoyed it, but would have loved to have been able to use the pool...we loved our stay here!
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Mr Christopher R
"Lovely views of the sea"
A really good hotel , quiet but ideal for our first time visit to Italy
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
nicbelle
"Comfortable hotel in beautiful surroundings"
Pleasant break - wished I had stayed longer - will come back
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Celia
"A great choice of hotel"
We found the hotel to be well maintained and clean, and the staff to be friendly and helpful. We took the bus to Pisa (buy your tickets from the stationers over the road from the hotel and validate them on the bus). We also took the train to Florence from Pisa - easy peasy. We loved the busyness of the market over the road and there was absolutely no late night noise to keep us awake. Our only disappointment was the hotel restaurant - all the other restaurants within a couple of minutes walking distance served better food at better prices.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Jane
"Nice Hotel close to beach with good amenies"
Stayed in this hotel for one night in May prior to flying home from Pisa and after a 4 day stay in Florence. Hotel staff were very helpful and hotel was very clean. Had a very nice evening meal also at the hotel which is something I don't usually do as like to go out and about but was tired after the City break and just wanted to relax. Room we had was great with balcony and view over pool. Hotel were also very accommodating in letting us extend room for a charge for a late check-out the following day. They also arranged transport to airport (and this charge was reasonable, I think around 25 euro). Would just say, if you want to use pool bring a swimming cap (I didn't and couldn't) but beach is beautiful so we swam in the sea so no big issue. Overall thoroughly enjoyed and staff were all very nice, would absolutely return.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Ann
"Nice hotel, lovely beach"
Nice hotel with good facilities and great access to the beach. Not a whole lot to do in the surrounding area but ideal for a sunny seaside break
3 night romance trip Jul 15, 2014
"Big pool, close to beach"
Towels provided for beach and pool. Entertainment poolside. Spotless. Taxi from airport same price as private transport. Best coffee /snack bar close by to watch the world go by. A few restaurants close to hotel. Great for a short break.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
simmo
"Super Service"
Great for a relaxing getaway - staff are super helpful and friendly. We left a computer cable behind and they posted it to us the next day. Ideal Hotel for a relax by the pool or beach and great food Buffet.
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2014
Klaus
"Functional but in need of some finishing touches"
The hotel could benefit from having some flowers and other ornaments to improve the appearance e.g. Around the swimming pool. Also, why is it necessary to wear a swimming cap when using the pool? This was not explained to us when we were at the pool.
7 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
"Hotel Continental"
Have stayed here many times and as usual great hotel with a fantastic pool.
4 night business trip May 17, 2014
Ebos
"Right where we wanted to be"
The hotel is located right on the beach, across the street from a GREAT Italian Ice Cream shop. I'd been past the hotel many times over the past 30 years (but always stayed a few miles away at the military campground) and always thought it was a good location. The staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good with a good selection of foods. The rooms were well cleaned and maintained (they were repainting hallways and other 'repairs' in the building during our stay) and our balcony had a great view of the beach, which was great for watching the sun go down with a glass of wine. The only very minor drawback, the pillows (extras were in the closet) are very thin. If I get to make anymore trips to the Pisa area, I'll plan on staying here again.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2014
"Well situated hotel & good facilities"
The hotel was better than expected and had good facilities including an Olympic size pool, private beach and small gym. The décor is a little tired in places, but found hotel to be generally good value for money. Rooms were always very clean and there was always plenty of breakfast - though we did go end of season, so staff weren't so stretched.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Olivia
"Nice hotel close to the beach with huge pool"
Overall the hotel was very good, clean rooms and spacious. We were originally given a room overlooking the street, which had a sea view, but asked if we would be able to change to a pool view. The reception staff were very helpful. The hotel is in a central location, the only thing I did not like was that outside the hotel the street held a market every day and night for cheap goods which made the area look shabby.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Allison
"Overall feel"
It is a lovely hotel but my experience was disappointing. On my first night water leaked from the air conditoning into my room. There was no apology from staff and eventually I had to persuade them to turn it off so I was safe overnight. Not a good start. No apology the next day though they did fix the problem at my insistence only. You would think they would have tried to make it up to me by perhaps special attention in the dining room. Not a bit of it as the only female there on her own I was served last with not much grace. The second day I ordered what I thought would be a meaty rump steak. I don't know what it was but it was inedible. Again when I came to leave there was no apology, no nothing. However the hotel is in a beautiful location and the rooms are of a high standard; however dodgy cuisine. I was glad only to be there for 2 nights although I adored the beach location.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
"A tired hotel"
This was a tired looking 60's hotel although rooms are comfortable. Great location by the sea and beach although this was packed with holiday makers - wish we has considered the impact of All Italy being on holiday in August. I would also have expected that sun beds on the beach would be free of charge for hotel guests, particularly a hotel group of this standard and price. The swimming pool was excellent for an early morning swim but again all beds and umbrellas taken by midday. -
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Nice hotel, good service, a few minor irritations"
Great location only minutes from Pisa Int'l Airport. Hotel was well kept and staff were very professional. Breakfast was included but had little to no nutritional value. Hotel restaurant was nice but expensive. Other local cuisine is just OK, and fairly expensive by N. American standards. On-site free parking was generally available from Mon-Thurs, but Fri night through Mon morning requires a pass from the front desk (50 Euro deposit), otherwise you have to pay at metered spots on adjacent streets. Special events in the hotel parking lot also cause parking disruptions. Wi-fi is available only in the lobby and you need to get a password from the front desk. Housekeeping is OK but room amenities are lacking. The small bar fridge is fully stocked, so it's hard to store anything bigger than a slice of pizza. The bed was big (two twins jammed together as a "king"), but it was rock hard with really slim pillows. Perhaps our biggest complaint was the lack of an iron and ironing board to press our clothes, which was a necessity after traveling for 10+ hours. Laundry/pressing service was available (one day turnaround) for a steep charge, so we did without. Find a department store in town and buy a cheap iron. Pool and beach access are cut off around 7:30 pm for clean-up, so plan accordingly. Evening entertainment goes fairly late too, so don't plan on turning in too early unless you have earplugs. Despite the ranting though, we would go back.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Very comfortable hotel with massive pool"
The hotel lived up to expectations. The parking was free but this was a bit of a bun fight at times as public spaces were used in front of the hotel using a free pass (deposit E50). The hotel wanted E15 per night to use their underground garage although they did offer E10 per night. When I offered E100 for 14 nights this was refused. Only deckchairs are free on the beach although these are very comfortable. Sunbeds are E8 each per day on the beach only as around the pool they are free. Access to the beach is not possible at night which was disappointing. Not mentioned were free towels to use both around the pool and on the beach. We paid E20 Pisa tax upon checkout for 2 persons for 14 nights. Despite all this negativity we had a wonderful time in the resort. Breakfast was superb but we chose not to eat in the hotel for dinner as there were many interesting places nearby.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Keith
"Our regular retreat"
Enjoyed stay which will have been 5th occasion. Hotel facilities excellent but becoming tired in places. Cleanliness excellent and majority of staff very friendly. We visited in mid June and not all amenities available, it seemed season was only just starting. Would recommend without hesitation.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
brian
"Great location for beach."
Great location for beach could do with a little modernization but very clean.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Josie
My wife had stay tere previously,so we took a break together and her comments were correct, good breakfast,good service and a good location. We will be returning.
3 night trip May 14, 2013
"Last resort ?"
Hotel looks like a relic from the Soviet Block - 1960's architecture. Shame because the Swimming Pool is lovely and big but no one was using it (because we think it lacks character (say grass around or palm trees etc??). Bar area was dated but had a good choice of free nibbles (Olives, peanuts etc)
Other trip May 13, 2013
"Great hotel for convenience for bus and restaurant"
Great hotel with sea views from every window. 2Minutes to bus stop to Pisa. 1minute to beach. Lots of restaurants,cafes,bars and retail outlets in walking distance. We had dinner in the hotel which was superb. Breakfast over the week was slightly monotonous.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
Terrie and Alan
"Pool was shut Oct 23 2012"
The hotel was great, the staff were lovely, and helpful. One of the reasons I booked it though was for the pool. The pool was full, but I was told it was not open because it was the end of the summer season. This was irrelevant to me! The weather was 24 - good English summer weather - we would have loved to use the pool! (Even just the paddling pool for my little boy). I would have stayed somewhere cheaper had I known.
1 night family trip Oct 22, 2012
"Traditional Italian Hotel in a good location"
This resort hotel is in an excellent position in a nice area very close to the beach. We visited off season so it was quiet. We liked the excellent food. Service was good and there was car parking right outside the hotel. The hotel is a little bit dated and could do with upgrading but this was not a big issue. It was good value for money.
Other trip Oct 25, 2012
Katherine
"Hotel in a time warp."
This hotel is stuck in a time warp. First let me say that the staff do their best and were very friendly. However the hotel needs a major refit inside and outside. It is not a 4* hotel, at best it is 2*. It is a very large hotel that fills its rooms with coach trips. We paid for a superior quality hotel and did not get it. Some examples: the carpet in the breakfast area - possibly was green, now covered in black marks where food and drink have been spilled. The breakfast: coffee that tastes like the most bitter mouthwash ever concocted, food that could have been there for years. Thank goodness just over the road there are excellent coffee bars with food. The room: our second room - the one we were first allocated smelt like an Amsterdam coffee shop - a smokers paradise. The room we stayed in had mould around the shower base with sealant coming off, having been applied in lumps, toilet seat broken, marks on walls, carpets and on bed cover. The outside: Great swimming pool, but the masonary, paintwork and overall appearance of of the various buildings was poor - just through a lack of maintenance. The garage was excellent - thank you staff for letting us keep our car there during the triathlon - but the outside car parking is not private, is not available on Tuesdays - the hotel description suggested lots of quality parking. What a pity. Italy is a wonderful country, Tuscany is great - but this hotel is not as advertised.
Other trip Oct 11, 2012
Unhappy.
"Very good hotel"
I read a couple of reviews before I left and was a bit concerned by some of them I hope mine will put some fears of others at rest. Some reviews mentioned that the hotel needed upgraded, to some level I agree but there is nothing wrong with the current decor, or furnishings. My room was clean the bed was fairly comfy (I'm quite picky about beds) and the bathroom had everything required and was clean. My room had a new TV with satellite programs (including approximately 10 English speaking news channels, and other languages). The pool was fantastic, and exactly what I wanted which was to swim lengths. Note to families the pool is suitable for children although the instructions say no ball games or blow up balls/toys. In the main the staff are fantastically helpful and always smiling, especially the reception staff. Some of the restaurant staff seemed less happy but I think that was due to being over worked. All the staff had a very good set of languages, once again especially the reception staff. The restaurant food was nice but not always what I wanted - there are a couple of restaurants I tried nearby (please note at the time of year I was there a lot of places had shut down for the season - late Sept). You must try da Marco - turn right out the hotel and head towards the sea its up some stairs, this was fantastic food and not much more than other restaurants. You must visit Lucca as well as Pisa and Florence while here, buses to Pisa and trains from there are regular
Other trip Sep 28, 2012
Ally
"Fab hotel with nice beach"
Great location for both a beach holiday and a touring holiday with Pisa, Lucca and Florence all within easy access.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Keith
"Suits everyone"
The hotel was well situated on the beach and close to all the amenities.The staff were very helpful throughout the hotel. The rooms were clean but a little tired andwe were lucky to get a room with a balcony as there are number of rooms without. All the facilities at the hotel were excellent and suited all ages and is ideal for a family holiday although The facilities in the town were slightly limited. we enjoyed our stay at the Grand HOtel and it was a relaxing place after a busy break.
Other trip Aug 13, 2012
Martin and Sue

Das Hotel war grosszügiger eingerichtet als wir erwartet haben. Das Personal war sehr freundlich, hat uns sofort mit Karten von Pisa und Lucca ausgestattet und einige Sehenswürdigkeiten und Tips genannt. Es gibt einen Privatstrand des Hotels, dieser war Mitte Juli höchstens zur Hälfte belegt, es war entsprechend ruhig. Im Pool waren wir nicht, dieser machte aber einen guten Eindruck. Frühstücken kann man drinnen und draussen, allerdings muss man früh dran sein, um noch einen Platz draussen zu erhalten.
3 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Ken
CH
"Ferie i uge 29"
Dejlig hotel - alt var i orden. Parkering i weekenderne skal betales seperat og skal parkering være i hotellets garage betales det seperat og det er dyrt.
7 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
DK
Ficamos hospedados neste hotel por 6 noites, um casal e duas crianças de 9 e 3 anos. Excelente localidade, praticamente pé na areia, piscina muito atrativa tanto para crianças e adultos, café excelente, recreação para as crianças muito legal, funcionários prestativos e educados.
6 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Leandro
BR
"Simple place and not much to do around"
We were in Florence for a month and wanted a beach weekend. We didn't know Tirrenia but decided to give it a try. About the city: nothing to do, basic restaurants and poor infrastructure. About the hotel: it is old, some rooms are refurbished (but they are clean), restaurants (there are two) are very bad and there is the most stupid rule to use a cap when in the pool (!!). Nevertheless, the access to the beach is good and we could enjoy it, it was the only good thing. In summary, if you have no other option, this is ok.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015