All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2000 North Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33305, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"From the lobby to the beach"
Excellent location right on the beach unlike most of the other hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. Very service oriented and friendly staff.
4 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Pelican Resort"
I am a big fan of the Pelican, it's very lovely, and I like how it's on the beach. Unfortunately there is construction going on there, and I feel I should have been told about this at the time I made the reservation- it should have been my choice if I wanted to stay there during construction or not.
3 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Antoinette
"Beautiful location, but unexpected fees"
The hotel was beautiful! The room was extremely spacious and comfortable. The hotel was RIGHT on the beach. You couldn't ask for a more perfect location. The staff at the hotel was very accommodating. However, there were many additional fees added at the end of the stay. That was the only complaint. I would like to stay here again, but would look for something comparable for a lower price next time.
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Kristen
"WILL NEVER BOOK THROUGH HOTEL.COM again"
After I booked with hotel.com, an hour later i arrived at Pelican and they don't see anything in the system. My family (with baby) was waiting for 2 hours in the lobby before the hotel check us in.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Geoffrey
"Bad service at the bar/grill"
The view from our room was beautiful. However, the service at the bar/grill was horrible. We went to get lunch and set outside on the veranda. We set down at a table and waited approximately 30 minutes with no service. I finally went looking for someone and I was told that we were sitting at the wrong table. So we moved to the area we were told to sit at, and still waited for someone to wait on us. Finally we went inside to the bar/grill and set down at a table there, and still waited for someone to wait on us. My husband and I finally got tired of waiting on someone to serve us, that we got up and went somewhere else to eat. While we were sitting at the table inside, the table next to us told us that the service for them was also horrible.
3 night romance trip Feb 9, 2015
Donald
"Nice, but not worth the money"
Pleasant but would not stay there again
4 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
"Right on beach! Great location"
Nice hotel. Wonderful pool/porch area. Kid friendly. Valet is very fast and efficient.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
linsay
"no complaints"
The hotel's top floor is under construction but other that did not affect our experience at all. Food is good, craft cocktails are fantastic, staff is attentive and friendly. Hotel is a couple miles north of the touristy strip so the beach is very peaceful.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Beautiful on the Beach"
It is a beautiful hotel right on the beach. Everyone, especially those associates on the beach and by the pool were excellent. My only complaint is the "extra" charges for valet parking and "resort fee." Can't this just be included in the room price??
4 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
Teresa
"Great hotel with great service in Fort Lauderdale"
Hotel is beautiful and majestic but also feels cozy unlike some mega hotels. The pool and lazy river were nice and warm and the staff was at your bec and call. Our room had the most comfortable bed I've slept in and we were able to leave our balcony door cracked and listen to the ocean waves and get a nice breeze while we slept. Outstanding stay! Plan to return
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
It was perfect. Far better than I had hoped it would be.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Very nice hotel at a very nice spot"
Everything is awesome; except (and this is a very personal choice) that the beds are very soft and I got a little back ache.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
AJ
"Extra fees."
Location is awesome. Construction is an issue, but will go away soon. We should have known before we came and rooms should be discounted. We knew about the $30 a day parking. You really do not have much of a choice, unless you want to pay meters throughout the day from 8 - midnight. We did not know about the $15.00+ tax/day "Resort Fee" until checkout. It is not optional, whether you use the pool or beach chairs or not. I see not reason why this is not in the cost of the room, since you have not choice. Sunday brunch was $50 per person. There are no nearby restaurants, you will have to drive.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
JG
"Could be a nice place one day"
The hotel is building a new top floor, and you will be subjected to constant construction noise.Expect an early morning wake up call from a jack hammer. Avoid this place for now.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Ray
"Construction and they didnt tell us"
we arrive and a mjor construction project under way (loud) - AC did not work - water in tub, faucet and sink was yellow - very thin walls (heard person in room above me as if in same room) - hotel staff needs a lesson in service - nice location and grounds - breakfast was good -good location
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"under construction"
it was Ok under construction , jack hammers in the morning , Ac fan noise in the evening had to shut down , and the bath fan was hitting the fan housing
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Not worth the money."
- Parking was $30 per day! - Construction was not made known until check-in. - No visitor parking! Friends came for a visit and had to pay $14 to valet for a quick visit. I felt awful. - Our ocean view room was partially obstructed by a cracked window. - We had an early morning check-out. We were assured valet would be available 24/7, but we could not find one for 15 minutes. Turns out they were asleep in their car.
"Amazing location, facility and staff!"
We were very pleased with this hotel - we loved that we could walk directly onto a beautiful piece of ft Lauderdale beach or lounge by their pool and listen to the waves.... It is also just a little over a mile away from a great downtown area with bars, shopping and dining. We will return.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Tonya
"Worth reading!!!!"
We arrived early and were permitted an early check-in. The carpet was saturated by the balcony door from being left open in a downpour. I special ordered a birthday cake and it never arrived for my husbands birthday. There was hammering in the room next to us, due to construction. Couldnt nap after arriving from a five day cruise in the bahamas. A suprise $16.95 resort fee was assesed for pool and wi-fi that we never used due to excessive rain and wind.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
rachelle
we were just off a cruise ship, and We wanted to spend some time at the beach before returning home. The room was beautiful and we really enjoyed the view and the ambience. Our stay was the perfect ending to our vacation.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Bobbie
"Nice hotel - with beach and pool"
Very nice place to stay - beach is a walk out the door. Pool and lazy river are right off the bar. The waitstaff will bring you food and drinks pool and beach side - however, they seem pricey. Room was very nice and comfortable. No noise from either side or above us.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Jodi
"The best hotel ever."
I booked 4 rooms at the Pelican for my daughter's bach party--every last girl loved every little thing about the hotel. The personnel were so good, helpful, gracious, and just plain delightful. Kyle our pool and beach helper was absolutely the best I have ever had....so friendly and kind and thoughtful. This was the best hotel ever--and I have stayed at many 5 star resorts! The best!!!
3 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
"On the Beach-Great"
I appreciate the GREAT staff. We also appreciate the managements efforts to fix the issues that we had due to the renovations. We had a bad room smell (smelled like gas) one day and we had a AC unit start banging at 1:30 AM in the morning-waking us up. When we told management they reacted immediately and fixed the issue.The breakfast is fine but the dinner food is not good and too pricey. We had to go to a local hotel to eat each day. Their are no restaurants in walking distance so if the food improves I think the hotel will really be outstanding.The ice cream/store was outstanding also. The following employees we found to go above and beyond customer service- Joseline(ice cream person),Earl(maintence/handy man so SMILEY- always) Aaron- front desk informative and so pleasant to our grand daughter. Overall good experience. Linda Richard and Teagan
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Very high-end and clean"
Staff was great. Bed was super comfortable. Parking fees were too high at $30 per night.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Don't let it rain!"
The hotel is in an excellent location and 75% of the staff are outstanding. The 25% that are bad I'm sure will eventually be weeded out. We stayed over a week with many other guest and found it to be a common issue that if something was going wrong they are not great at fixing it. If my food or drinks were wrong I would tell the staff and they would say sorry and then do nothing to make it better. I didn't get the feel that I mattered if that makes sense. The rooms are great, the front door staff are terrific and the beds are comfortable. I wish I could give it five starts!!
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Donielle
"It was just okay"
The room was okay. The mattress was not very comfortable. Felt like sleeping in a hospital bed. It crunched every time you move or roll. The pool is suppose to be open sunrise to sunset, but when we went at 6:30 PM it was already closed. 4 miles from a lot of the action. An additional 48 a night between parking and resort fee and taxes over what I paid online. Likely will find different hotel to stay. One where we can enjoy the pool in the evening.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
Karla
"ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND"
We have spent the last 6 anniversaries at the Pelican. This is by far the nicest hotel we have found. Right on the beach. Pool is always perfect. The staff will do whatever it takes to make you happy. Will be back next year for sure!
5 night romance trip Aug 28, 2014
CARL
"Great on the beach spot"
we enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel had a great "nostalgic" feel and we were surprised to hear that is was only 12 years old. We loved the rocking chairs facing the ocean, and enjoyed the great access to the beach. We were able to walk to the nearby Birch State Park, and also up to the bars and shops of Lauderdale By The Sea easily. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. Our only negative was the price of the drinks - so we bought some stuff for the room instead. Food was good and nicely prepared. Servers were all friendly and pleasant. We will definitely be back!
3 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
"Great hotel and accommodations."
The hotel is great with wonderful respectful and professional staff. It is at least a mile away from other activities so be open to cab rides unless you have other transportation accommodations. The room was perfect and had all the space we needed for a group of 5. Overall excellent service and accommodations. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Leo
"Nice oceanfront resort!"
The experience was great. Our room was 522. Our ceiling fans did not work and the drain was slow. We called a service person to fix it and he said he would come back the next day and never did. I was dissatisfied with that. But overall our stay was great.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Aja
"Beautiful views; great location"
The hotel staff were extremely polite and friendly. They answered our questions and always greeted us when we walked by. Check in/out quick and the valet service was also fast. Pros: location and amenities. Cons: additional fees for parking and wi-fi.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
LC
"Fourth year in a row"
What a great hotel. Everything is perfect there! Pool staff is great and helpful. Bar staff great as well.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Ron
"Another awesome time"
We have stayed at the Pellican Grand on a number of occasions and we are never disappointed. First class from start to finish. Everyone is gracious, friendly and helpful. Sabastian brought us our beach chairs, towels and umbrellas by the beach. Cold water is provided by the beach and lazy river/pool. We were even treated to cold watermelon. Alex was another superstar, always helping us with baggage and car assistance. The rooms are gorgeous and have all the amenities to make the vacation perfect. We had a wonderful view of the ocean and the rooms are well maintained and the AC is excellent.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Ron
We had a great and comfortable stay.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Excellent resort hotel"
I was a little surprised to see, upon arriving, that the hotel is located a certain distance from the main strip of hotels on the beach at Fort Lauderdale. But my selection was rewarded by a really comfortable room, great view, accommodating staff (I was given a bathrobe to wear, though not provided as a norm). The only drawback is the restaurant (Ocean 2000). I had a lukewarm breakfast omelet and poor service one morning; a poor selection of skimpy tasteless mussels another evening. Pool area is nice (though unnecessarily cramped due to adding too many chaises lounges in the space). The veranda opening onto the beach is great: just improve the cuisine and service.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Really nice time"
Staff was great at all levels. Resort located right on the beach and very pleasant. My family had a very nice time and tons of fun.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Freddie
"Very nice and clean."
The experience was good, and the staff was very nice, and helpful. Would like to see some entertainment inside the hotel such as a band, or a DJ for mingling on the inside when we experience rainy days. It will enhance the guest experience.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Ken Retail Mgr.
"Nickel and dimed to death."
The rooms were beautiful. But we were charged twice for resort fee and taxes. By Expedia and the hotel. Also charged foer Wi Fi. Not good . That is nickel and dim wing people. Although I liked the hotel I wouldn't stay again. The price at expedia is way off from the real price.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Great - except for the fire alarm"
Great pool and lazy river was such fun. Private beach was great. Loved the open-air hallways. $15/day resort fee was a bit steep, and a few other "fees" were tacked on to our 3-day stay. Biggest concern: the fire alarm went off at 2 am -- but only on two floors. Why wasn't the entire hotel evacuated? We never knew. But on the whole, a great hotel; restaurant was very nice, with outdoor seating looking out on the ocean. Friendly staff. Room had refrigerator, microwave , 2 tvs, beds were very comfortable, sitting room was very nice as well.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
K
"Fabulous Stay!"
Cant say enough about this hotel. Loved my stay and looking forward to returning!
3 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Tracy
"Relaxing stay, beautiful hotel, be prepared to pay"
We had a nice relaxing stay. Gorgeous property. Nice room. Staff was pretty lukewarm. Lots of hidden fees. Coffee should be free- seriously.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Nice place, however all the "add on's" become pricey. i.e. 30.00 for parking, resort fee 15.00 and the food is expensive. You're really buying the proximity to the ocean for what's it worth. The overall hotel is well kept and the personnel are very friendly. I would go back, but I wish they would bleed us poor tourists!
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Get Away from it All - Including Restaurants"
My husband and I started our honeymoon at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort, and we were immediately impressed with the friendliness of the staff. We received a free upgrade to a suite without even having to ask for it (a beach view is an upgrade worth getting as well) and enjoyed hotel features such as the ice cream shop and beach with chairs included. With that said, don't mistake this for a cheap hotel! The place tends to "nickel and dime" a bit by making parking expensive and charging very high prices for its on-site restaurant. This can be problematic if you try to circumvent the high parking cost by not bringing a car: the nearest restaurants are a good 15 minute walk away, and the free shuttle that runs by the hotel only runs on certain days. We enjoyed the hotel overall, but expect to pay premium costs for its premium services.
3 night romance trip Jun 23, 2014
"Overnight business trip from LA"
Wonderful facility, great pricing, ridiculous view. I had a balcony king suite with a wonderful bed, and large bath. It was a pleasure to stay there. I wish I could have stayed longer.. I will be back.. but this time for a weeks vacation.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Pelican policy"
The hotel was nice and has a lazy river but they do not let you check in before 4:00pm.. I was not happy about that. They also ask that you check out at 11:am.. If you want a late checkout there's a 50$ fee. Hotel is nice but I don't like their policy.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
Adam
"Good - but could be much better!"
Pretty nice Hotel but everything is too expensive...the drink prices are outrageous...except for the breakfast the food was too expensive....but what is REALLY frustrating was the hidden fees...upon arrival finding out there is a $15 a day fee for towel / lounge chair / umbrella...that not being bad enough to hit me with a $30 a day parking fee at checkout!!! I also didn't like the fact that the pool attendant didn't enforce the rules...bratty kids constantly running around jumping in the pool and lazy river, screaming and hollering...soo annoying!! Also - the seaweed problem...they really should hire someone to remove the seaweed that washes up on shore every day...not appealing at all! Terrible music in the bar! So - overall - I was disappointed to say the least!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Jack
"You wake up in the morning and facing ocean."
Do Not make a greatest disservice to yourself by looking elsewhere... Just Book a room at Pelican. Is that simple.. Ask for Ivan from after hours shift and tell him I sent you..
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Valio
"Spectacular location"
The Grand Pelican Resort was EXACTLY like the pictures on their web site. We had a room with a suite with a balcony overlooking the ocean. It was PERFECT. Spacious, crisp, and clean main room with 2 queen size beds with a bathroom divided in 2 areas with an open one with a large vanity with 2 sinks and large mirror and a closed one with a bathtub/shower combination. Large closet which lit up as the doors opened. Television as part of the cabinet/dresser. Adjacent to this main room and beautifully separated from the main one with french doors like style and adjustable blinds was the suite which had another plasma TV, two couches with one of them being a fold out bed, table and chairs, coffee machine, small refrigerator, and microwave oven. Door to balcony overlooking the ocean. Pool was good but the lazy river was the best. Beach was right there and chairs and umbrella provided as part of the $15 a day resort fee. WIFI was included in the hotel cost. Food wise, the menu never changed and was not particularly varied or interesting. 2 restaurants; one formal and one informal but basically same menu. Overpriced drinks. The staff was overall not impressive. Some of them were downright rude, others were simply mechanical, and a few were great (ask for Mike if you order food from room service!). The employees working at the ice cream/gift shop were sweet and appeared happy. Room service for cleaning was poor; would not appear till 3pm and we needed to ask for fresh towels.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Daniele
"Awesome resort right on the beach!"
We loved this hotel. Everyone of the staff members were very nice and helpful, and the food was great!
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Lucas
"Perfect"
Great resort type hotel.. Wonderful staff. Real 4 star hotel in a state where hotels are a bit sub par.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014