All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
2000 North Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33305, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"What a disappointing hotel and overrated hotel!"
A VERY DISAPOINTING and OVERRATED HOTEL! Unbelievably, our room had NO DRESSER to put clothes in even though there was plenty of room for one! When I called down thinking the lack of a dresser was a mistake, I was told that NONE of the city view rooms had dressers! The towels were thin and rough. The bathtub did not drain properly, and the door to the bathroom did not close all the way so there was no privacy. After notification to the front desk, the bathtub was fixed, but the door was never fixed even though we stayed three nights. While checking out, I mentioned that to the same person I had told about the problem originally, and she just said "Sorry, the handyman said it worked okay." When we assured her that it was NOT working, she never offered to give any discount for the poor state of our room. The food in the bar was mediocre and not as advertised. The fish tacos in the regular restaurant for lunch were the worst fish tacos I have ever been served. The lazy river in the pool area was a mess since no employee ever tried to take the empty inner tubes out of it. The beach area was quite small and was full of seaweed, so practically no one was in the water. Also, when we originally went to the pool, they were totally out of towels. Overall, the service in the hotel was terrible, definitely NOT FOUR STAR OR EVEN THREE STAR.
3 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"The hotel staff is as first class as the hotel"
Excellent hotel stay. As beautiful as the pictures. The service was helpful and friendly. Special thanks to Pete at the hotel restaurant who went above and beyond when I had a problem with my late lunch. The rest of the hotel staff was just as friendly and made our stay great.
7 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Raphael
"Pretty decent trip."
The Pelican Grand was nice. Most of the front desk staff was nice and helpful. The bar was nice as well. One of the evening staff in the gift shop/store was rude and seemingly unhappy. The beach staff seemed to be lacking. There was one guy for a while. I saw the other at the pool. I loved the lazy river. The room was clean. My experience would have likely been better had I not stayed at the Noble resort in Naples last year. There we had a fully stocked fridge, robes, extra mirrors and lighting in the bathroom, and dresser drawers. I did not like that there was construction going on all around. The hammering started in the morning and the work was not nice to see when walking around, but I understand the necessity to make improvement. The bed slept wonderfully! Most of the staff seemed to prefer not to talk to the guests, make eye contact, or smile which seemed strange, but overall, the trip was fine.
2 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Brittany
The pool areas were not clean -coconut leaves and debris. No lifeguard. Tons of dirty weeds at beach rendering it unusable. Funky smell coming from hotel and beach.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Family Vacay"
Excellent Beach view although access to beach was blocked with seaweed, didn't get picked up until middle of the week.(day we were leaving) A lot of debris in Lazy Pool. But overall we had a lot of fun. Looking forward to visit again.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Sean
We love the Pelucan and go as often as possible.
2 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Would go back"
I loved that this hotel was right on the beach where most hotel in this area are not. Rooms are a little old but the hotel has a B&B shabby chic feel. They had construction going on while we where there but it was going on on the weekend and they were accommodating for the inconvenience.
4 night business trip May 1, 2015
Dana
We have issues with the chairs at pool, we recommended improved services at the pool
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Great Family Resort"
This resort was perfect for our family vacation. It was nice to have a suite so our 15 month old could have a separate room to sleep in. My only complaint would be that the hotel cribs are very small. The pool area was perfect. My daughter loved that she could walk in the pool and sit and play. This hotel is right on the beach so no cross over the business street to get to the beach. All the employees were very friendly and helpfully. One down fall is that there is only valet parking and it is not cheap other than that it was a great vacation. We would definitely come back to the Pelican Grand.
5 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Very nice hotel"
Great hotel and i had a nice experience!!
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Alexis
Amazing!! Great value and great staff!! The room was large, looking over the water. Definitely a beautiful hotel.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Unbelievably nice experience."
Would highly recommend. My wife and I couldn't have had a better experience.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Close to beach but nothing else is in walking dis."
Hotel was ok. Beach was nice and staff on the beach were excellent especially Akeem!!!! Only has one little shop and prices were high ($3.00 for coffee or tea, etc.) No stores or restaurants in walking distance. The hotel restaurant was ok for breakfast. The coffee shop should open a little earlier, like 6:00 am.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Gig
Construction going on but didn't effect the stay at all, just made some of the facilities difficult to access.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!"
I really really loved staying here- i would definitely go back. The staff was so friendly and caring. Maria from the front desk was absolutely amazing, she gave us complementary champagne for my boyfriend's bday and chocolate-covered strawberries!!! She was so sweet! The room was amazing and the view omg!!! Awesome! Thank you everyone at the Pelican Grand Beach Hotel who made our stay much much better!
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Julibeth
"Beautiful views!"
Slight delay getting into our room. Wonderful to be able to see the ocean at night and when we got up in the morning. Construction took away from the serene environment. Furniture may need a little update. Slight delay getting in the room. Ocean
Other trip May 15, 2015
Patti
"Excellent resort with great staff and comfort!"
This was our second stay at this resort and we will stay here every time we travel to Ft. Lauderdale with its pristine private beach, beautiful rooms with a couch, 2nd TV and chair in the 2nd room off the balcony. Every one of the staff is friendly starting with the valet, the front desk, the restaurant waiters/waitress(es), pool/beach care takers, and the gift shop employees go above and beyond the call of duty!!!! The oceanfront view from our balcony was breathtaking! I would recommend this resort to all my friends!! It is a drive from all the hustle and bustle of the crowded beaches down the street. I love the private beach and the whole atmosphere and surroundings!!
Other trip May 13, 2015
Mamaw0930
"Very nice hotel right on the beach !"
I had a real nice time with my friends at the hotel and the staff was very helpful. I would stay with your hotel again.
Other trip May 10, 2015
ward
Wonderful facility. Construction noise a real problem even on the beach. Dinner in restaurant excellent. Lunch in bar for the price not so much. Staff excellent, available and accommodating. Friendly and courteous. Ocean view makes it number one Ft Lauderdale choice for a stay!
Other trip May 9, 2015
Anonymous
Wonderful Stay. Loved it here!.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Didn't want to come home!"
I stayed here for one night only with my parents after our return from the 7 nights cruise and I wish we could have stayed here few more days before we came back home. People say there's no place like home and that's a lie because this place made us feel like we were back home, very comfortable, quiet and great view!!! Please stay at the Oceanview if we can because it is worth of every penny!!! The buliding itself is quiet old as far as I know but it certainly gives the resort character compared to same boring looking (too modernized) hotels out there. Every staff and even the guests at the hotel were nice! My mom begged me to stay two more nights at the resort which is never the case :) Overall I would love to come back to this resort and would definitely recommend this place to all my friends.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Enjoyed being on the beach."
Enjoyed relaxing on the porch overlooking the ocean.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Right on the Beach"
Great older hotel, perfect, perfect location, the best in the city!!
4 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Good hotel."
Good, pleasant hotel. Clean rooms. Private beach.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Stas
Was good but the cable was out most f the time and our room key didn't work for the first nights stay. Overall nice to be right on the beach and facilities are acceptable for the price
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"didn't like the extra $15 fee a day"
David in pool area was just excellent,Colton and other guys were very nice,but was very dissapointed with food (no Salmon) and our Yellow snapper was away too spicy and they had no peanuts and other stuff out off in the shop and they said they just ran out and wouldn't order more until next week
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
Alena
great location, food, staff and amenities weather was beautiful every day
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Amazing!"
Pelican Grand Beach Resort was amazing! My husband and I went there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary on April 14, 2015. We enjoyed having our meals at the resort restaurant while looking out at the beach and ocean. Amazing! Wonderful! Awesome! We can't wait to go back again!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Dee
"Excellent all the way around!"
The best staff ever...very accommodating! Beautiful property right on the beach! Gorgeous view!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
celebrating 40
"What a find!"
Found this hotel because properties closer to the middle of the action were booked. Fabulous. Isn't it sad that we have to comment when staff is outstandingly helpful and friendly? Literally right on the beach. Great food. Owned by Noble Resorts so I actually looked up their other properties and would definitely stay at one. Just excellent on all counts including valet parking where you get your car in 5 minutes from the phone request. Amazing.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Helene
"Very nice hotel on the beach"
All staff was helpful and attentive. Rooms were spacious and clean. We used the valet parking and they were great about getting our care to us in a timely maner.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Sally
"Beautiful Hotel! Right on the ocean!"
Beautiful property! It was a great getaway! Very good food and friendly staff.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Marilyn
"From the lobby to the beach"
Excellent location right on the beach unlike most of the other hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. Very service oriented and friendly staff.
4 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Average. Definitely, not 4 star. Really not."
* Great location * Awesome small beach * Comfortable beds * Food was decent * I am one that, without question, needs good service. I read several write ups on the service, some great, some not so great. Decided to give it a try. The entire staff needs a complete overhaul on service. This to me is of utmost importance. There was no "warmth". No hospitality. Very mechanical. My husband and I felt almost like a burden at times. We are not the people who complain, or rude, nothing like that. We simply require good service, getting what we pay for. Unfortunately, it was not seen here. I was so disappointed, as we waited for awhile for our vacation.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Sherrie
Great private getaway. Totally relaxing. Absolutely no complaints
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
businessman
"Nice place, make sure its the type you want!"
Great place but too posh for what we were there for. It is pricey to eat there (Ex: $55 ea for Sunday Brunch) and its two miles away from anything. If an upscale place out of the busy area is what you want then fine. The pool and "Lazy River" were very nice. I didn't like that they didn't say the place is under construction until we checked in. I had emailed them directly several times concerning rooms and transportation, there was opportunity to let me know. The surfboard rental vendor didn't open one day, my son had to rent a board from a nearby shop. The desk wasn't that helpful with info on that, also when calling cab for us they didn't seem to have any "pull" with a cab company we hailed them quicker ourselves on the street
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Beautiful hotel!"
Hotel is right on ocean, staff very helpful and friendly. Very clean and spacuous for the suite that we had, 2 rooms in 1 hotel suite.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
sue
"Pelican Resort"
I am a big fan of the Pelican, it's very lovely, and I like how it's on the beach. Unfortunately there is construction going on there, and I feel I should have been told about this at the time I made the reservation- it should have been my choice if I wanted to stay there during construction or not.
3 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Antoinette
"Disappointing"
Hotel is under constructions. Road around hotel also under constructions. Food in café tasteless. No another restaurants around. Equipment in a gym very old.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Emily
"Beautiful location, but unexpected fees"
The hotel was beautiful! The room was extremely spacious and comfortable. The hotel was RIGHT on the beach. You couldn't ask for a more perfect location. The staff at the hotel was very accommodating. However, there were many additional fees added at the end of the stay. That was the only complaint. I would like to stay here again, but would look for something comparable for a lower price next time.
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Kristen
"WILL NEVER BOOK THROUGH HOTEL.COM again"
After I booked with hotel.com, an hour later i arrived at Pelican and they don't see anything in the system. My family (with baby) was waiting for 2 hours in the lobby before the hotel check us in.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Geoffrey
"Overall nice hotel right on the beach"
Overall a great experience. The view is the best part - the hotel is right on the beach and you can see the ocean from almost everywhere, including restaurants and pool. The lobby and veranda has an upscale feel. Facilities are well kept. Food at all restaurants is quite good; a bit pricey but within reason considering the view and compared to most hotel restaurant prices. Staff is quite pleasant (with the exception of some of the wait staff that seemed to not enjoy their jobs despite the great view they have!). The rooms themselves are clean and nice, but not as upscale as you'd expect compared to the lobby. The bed is comfortable, and the overall decor cute, however the couches and chairs are plastic, as is the balcony furniture, and bathroom is quite small. There are lots of cafes, restaurants, and shops within a mile, but not much within very close walking distance. The hotel restaurant right next door (also on the water) has a casual, fun feel and slightly lower food and drink prices if you're without a car and need a chance of scenery.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Awesome Hotel on the Beach..."
We had a wonderful time. We had a corner room with balcony facing pool area and partial view of Ocean. The room had three huge bow/bay windows facing the ocean. The views were awesome. We took advantage of the in-room refrigerator and microwave. Bought food and drinks to save some money on meals. We did splurge and had dinner at the on-site restaurant. A bit overpriced, food was good. We knew ahead of time that this hotel was a bit away from the main area of restaurants and shopping, but that was ok with us. We did rent a car during our stay for random excursions. Regarding the construction on-site, we could not hear anything from inside our room (thinking they were working on the other end of the building. Our room was really quiet, never heard anything from surrounding rooms (the hotel was fully booked). The bed was really comfortable, best I've ever slept in at a hotel. We have tentative plans to return in the fall...
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Teresa
"Bad service at the bar/grill"
The view from our room was beautiful. However, the service at the bar/grill was horrible. We went to get lunch and set outside on the veranda. We set down at a table and waited approximately 30 minutes with no service. I finally went looking for someone and I was told that we were sitting at the wrong table. So we moved to the area we were told to sit at, and still waited for someone to wait on us. Finally we went inside to the bar/grill and set down at a table there, and still waited for someone to wait on us. My husband and I finally got tired of waiting on someone to serve us, that we got up and went somewhere else to eat. While we were sitting at the table inside, the table next to us told us that the service for them was also horrible.
3 night romance trip Feb 9, 2015
Donald
"Good/Ongoing construction"
Roomy, with an extra sitting room. Relaxed beach scene.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
ccrider
"Wonderful time!"
I've been wanting to stay there for a while and it did not disappoint! From Katherine at the front desk, Alex the bellman, to Kyle the pool attendant, the staff is exceptionally pleasant and attentive. The resteraunt food is great and the staff is very good as well. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious. I would definitely like to stay again!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
cathy
"Avoid this place! Well worn, dirty rooms."
Well worn property and dirty rooms. Location is good but beach is very narrow. Expect to pay 30 dollars a day to park a car. This is a 2 star property charging 5 star prices! Look elsewhere!
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Phil
"Right on the Ocean!"
Many of the hotels on this area are waterfront but have a road separating them from the beach. This one is right on the water, is beautiful and has a great staff, especially for the price!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
gypsy
"Nice, but not worth the money"
Pleasant but would not stay there again
4 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
"Overpriced -No VIP treatment."
Stayed there overnight prior to going on a cruise. It was a long forty dollar taxi ride (incld. tip) with traffic. Hotel was not worth the price to me. We paid for ocean view and got a view of the ocean from the side. I thought we would get Expedia VIP treatment (great room) as booked and found none of that. Not close to anything at walking distance. Need to take a taxi to restaurants.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015