All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2000 North Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33305, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Awesome resort right on the beach!"
We loved this hotel. Everyone of the staff members were very nice and helpful, and the food was great!
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Lucas
"Perfect"
Great resort type hotel.. Wonderful staff. Real 4 star hotel in a state where hotels are a bit sub par.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
G
"Big and good rooms and on the beach"
It was an excellent place to stay and will go back!
3 night trip May 27, 2014
"Great Beach"
It is one of the few hotels in Ft Lauderdale on the beach. You do not have to cross a street. The beach service was great. The only down side is we did have to drive to restaurants. We go to Ft Lauderdale a couple of times a year to visit family but this time decided to take a couple of days to ourselves and booked the hotel very last minute. We have decided to make it part of every visit to Ft Lauderdale.
2 night trip May 28, 2014
Tammy
"Beautiful hotel"
Loved the hotel and the location. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the room was wonderful. Staff also very polite and helpful at all times.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Georgia
"beautiful hotel enjoyed our stay"
we loved the first room we HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE LIGHT FIXTURE IN THE BATHROOM AND ALSO THE WATER NOT DRAINING FROM TUB WE MOVED TO AN OCEAN FRONT SUITE THAT WAS ALSO BEAUTIFUL BUT IT WaS AN INCONVIENCE MOVING OTHERWISE WE ENJOYED OUR STAY
Other trip May 21, 2014
TERRY
"Business - Leisure Trip with Family - May 2014"
Overall very nice hotel, upscale, comfortable layout. Nice beach with excellent beach side services. Good restaurants & room service. The "sandwich shop" was our favorite. The real money deal; Valet parking, Resort Fees are not included, tips for all staff daily should be accounted for, Drinks are expensive for a single cocktail. Tip well and you get a nice pour, order one go to the beach then take your own along. It is a public beach all along this area. We traveled with a 31/2 year old as well. The entire experience was good, my family spent most of the time at the beach and pool while I was out working a few days. We stayed 7 days. I spent another $1,400.00 on top actual room cost...account for $125-$200/day for valet parking, resort fees, food and drinks, gift shop, etc... In my opinion it was worth it for S.Florida this time of year.
7 night family trip May 7, 2014
JRSJR65
"Plican beach resort experience"
Well I was excited to stay enjoy my mother's day, relaxing at the Plelican beach resort. Nice location friendly checking in and asap. loved the beach nice, clean,friendly service with the beach chairs and towels. now the pool nice clean just too small and really need to fix a those broken tiles around the top Part of the pool I couldn't believe it such an expensive hotel resort and broken tiles didn't like that. services was friendly ,Slow but, it's was a busy day at the pool. NOW. About the checkout i experienced and very uncomfortable issue. I was looking at my bill at the checking out when I saw that they where charging me $51.00 for gratitude that I purchased four drinks at the pool and had them charge it to my room. Ha never again. I didn't write down 51.00 for gratitude not even the drinks were that much. Someone is changing the tips on the receipt i be careful with this. I spend half hour trying to fix this issue. I really felt discussed by this. well this is my experience and no I wouldn't go back.... i Don't like to be played for a fool. I can't imagine the people who get ripped off by this. Thank You
1 night business trip May 10, 2014
Estrella
"Boutique Hotel on the Ocean"
Pelican Grand was exactly what we were looking for. It was just out of season, so other than a wedding reception our first night, it was very quiet and private. The views of the beach from the lobby, room, verandah and pool were exquisite. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was nice but pricey, and there aren't many other restaurants nearby.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Nice Hotel!"
Great,little far from strip were bars are but nice hotel, Only other thing is they charge 20.00 per day resort fee, after you pay for the stay, so when you go to check out, they have another charge for you and I only stayed one night and didn't have a car!!
1 night trip May 4, 2014
"Gorgeous view"
It's so difficult to find a hotel right on the beach and this one has an amazing view. Rooms are kind of old- tube TV, plastic chairs on balcony, but so what! The pool, beach and view is what you care about. My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and it was perfect! We had such a wonderful stay. Weather was awesome and a lot of fun options nearby in Fort Lauderdale.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"Honeymoon finale"
We stayed here last year, so when we needed a room for a night following our cruise it was a no-brainer. This place is fabulous. From the front desk to the gal who works the ice cream shop and Nathan, the pool attendant... They all rocked!!!
Other trip May 6, 2014
MN honeymooners
"What a disappointment."
I usually stay at the Marriott in ft lauderdale but the pelican resort came highly recommended from a friend. I stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days and there was nothing good about the experience. The day we arrived we attempted to check in early but that did not happen. Also the room was suppose to have a pull out couch with a bed which it did not have. The said the would give me a roll away for no charge. The problem was there was to room for the roll away and I had to sleep in the same bed as my friend (awkward) but it worked. First thong we noticed in the room were 4 blueberries on the floor by the entrance to the balcony. We laughed at first but they were still there when we checked out. Room was gross. Also we asked for fresh towels at 9am on day 2 and never received them. We came back to the room at 2pm and still didn't have the towels. The after the 3ed time asking we got the towels. At this point I just used the one on the floor. There were also extra charges on my room that I never made which the did remove but we're questioning the charges that I didn't make. Very limited room at the pool and you basically have to fight for the 20 chairs that are out there. And if you plan on working out go to the gym down the street because there are 6 machines, 3 treadmills, and no weights. my advice..... For the same money stay at the Marriott beach resort about 4 miles down the road. I stayed there last year and it was perfect. And they have a huge gym with a spin room.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"a real pleasure palace"
Last minute trip and we found a room right on the ocean...amazing. Check in was quick and easy, our room was very nice and attention to details is awesome. Although we booked a city view room, just a short walk and you have an amazing ocean view. We ate breakfast outside on the deck at Ocean 2000. Food was very good and service was great. We needed some relaxation for two days and thats just what we got. We will definitely return, well worth it!
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
"Paradise for 4 days."
Awesome King beds, great balcony, 2nd floor, right on the beach! It was paradise! The ONLY issue was the noisy boiler room across the hall. I requested a room away from the elevators due to noise and I loved the location of our room except that the boiler room was very loud at night.
3 night family trip Apr 21, 2014
"Old southern charm"
We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The beach was beautiful and the pool wonderful. It was heated perfectly and made that very enjoyable.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Sue
"Weekend Getaway to the beach"
We had a very lovely weekend away from home while staying at the Pelican Grand. Our only complaint was that room service stopped as did the kitchen at the restaurant closed at 10 PM. We didn't arrive until after 10 PM from the airport and picking up our rental car and we were famished~ We had just arrived and sent our car into the garage for the night hoping to get something to eat right at the hotel. We ended up sharing two cookies I had brought along for our dinner the first night on site. The rest of our stay was excellent. We enjoyed the proximity to the beach and the well stocked ice cream shoppe/general store. Had we known we could have purchased food other than ice cream we would have had some chips or a bagel for our first night's supper. The food in the dining room and on the veranda were lovely and the staff did a very nice job for us. The cocktail lounge, lazy river and pool area were all clean and the staff was very helpful as well as the staff who brought out our chaise lounges and umbrella's on the beach.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Lynne
"Beautiful and comfortable hotel, large rooms"
pool and beach front are nice. Room is large. Parking is expensive, especially the overnight parking. It is over $30 for the night, and $15 for the day. No other choises are available. Other than parking, we loved the hotel.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Excellent hotel and on the beach."
We returned to Fort Lauderdale for our family vacation this year and this was our first hotel stay at The Pelican Grand Beach Resort --- WOW did we love it! We were impressed with the hotel location and easy beach access, the hotel staff, the hotel amenities, the rooms, and so much more. We will vacation again at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort for many years to come. Thank you for a wonderful family vacation experience.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
J.
"Really relaxing and great views"
Loved the location, views, beach. Perfect size for a relaxing quiet vacation
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Great place to stay in Fort Lauderdale"
Imagine our surprise when the city room we reserved was upgraded by the resort to provide a panoramic view of not only the city but the ocean! AND the room was ready for us to check in early (as we were returning from a cruise that a.m.) so we were able to enjoy the resort for the full day! Just wonderful. Beautifully appointed and spacious room, great staff, really good food and service...and a delightful porch with rocking chairs, and all right on the beach.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Kay
"Great place to stay in Fort Lauderdale"
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Kay
"Great location & great facility"
Great location, great facility and great people. An excellent hotel for families and couples.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"a wonderful treat"
This was a wonderful hotel convenient for business and was luxurious enough to make it feel like a real treat.
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
Kathleen
"Very bad!"
They overcharged for everything. They lied about charges, when asked to stay an additional night The concierge told me one rate an I asked three times but the next day it was over $90 dollars more than I was told. They were misleading and lied about charges and how I would be billed. Ended I'd paying almost $1500 for three night including expedias rates. Unbelievable and untruthful. Will never go back.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Has much greater potential than it realizes"
Almost, but not quite. great location.Multiple missteps with staff service, although valet service is excellent (and you must use it).Food very expensive and not particularly noteworthy. Room rather spartan.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Nice property, nice location, but nothing special"
Pros: the hotel is nice enough, the staff is professional, and the location is great. Cons: the property is rather small, so even though there's a nice restaurant, bar, well-stocked gift shop, pool & lazy river, all of these facilities can get pretty crowded at peak hours. The average guest and hotel staff seemed a bit stuffy, and prices were high for no discernible reason. The place is nice, but if there was a good reason for paying a premium at every turn, I missed it. 4-star resort with 5-star attitude and price...if that's what you're into.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
"Fantastic Stay ... Will come back!"
My wife and I spent one night at the Pelican. What a wonderful experience! We will certainly do it again and allow more time. Everything was perfect including a very friendly and helpful staff and front desk. Special thanks to Crisanne at the Front desk. She deserves 5 stars on her own! :-)
1 night trip Feb 9, 2014
Kal
"everything was excellant"
We were very impressed with the entire hotel and staff.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
Pam
"Beautiful beachside hotel"
This hotel is very nice and we were there 4 days prior to leaving on a cruise. We enjoyed the pool and beach and it's central location.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Loved our visit ... the staff was very friendly!"
We really enjoyed our stay! The staff went over and above to be helpful. Our ocean view was amazing. We thought the food and drink prices were a little high ... but what the heck ... we don't do this very often!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"IF YOU LIKE COUNTRY STYLE THEN THIS HOTEL IS GREAT"
Great hospitality and service great outdoor pool and lazy river. The beach is beautiful in this area. Feels a very exclusive resort.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Rifky
"Very Nice Hotel on the Beach"
We enjoyed the elegance of the hotel. The room is really a suite. Loved being on the beach. The water was clean and crystal clear. The restaurant was great, and priced reasonably.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"nice hotel on beach"
This hotel is right on the beach and had a nice pool area and beautiful veranda overlooking the ocean, however, it is not close to anything else. If you are going to simply relax and stay at pool beach, you are fine....but if you want to be able to walk to shops and restaurants, you are at least a couple of miles away.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
"Always a great experience--will return again"
We truly enjoyed our stay at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Our room was spacious and comfortable. It was great having both a refrigerator and microwave in our room. The amenities and location can't be beat! We enjoyed spending the day on the beach in comfortable chairs with an umbrella and utilizing the bar and lunch service. The Fitness Center was very clean and the equipment was in good condition. The staff is very personable and helpful. It is obvious that the staff is very satisfied with their roles/responsibilities, as they are always smiling and helpful. We look forward to returning to the Pelican Grand Beach Resort on our next vacation!
3 night trip Jan 9, 2014
"Cozy Hotel in Fort Lauderdale"
The rooms at this hotel are large, comfortable, and clean. The beach views of the beach are great. The lobby is very comfortable and good place to take in a book. The pool leaves much to be desired. It it small and shallow. The lazy river next to the pool is nothing more than a novelty. The food was good, but a bit pricey as with any resort. For the rates they charge, I would like to see a hot tub, but there is not one at this hotel. It is right on the beach, which is very convenient. If you are not interested in a pool and you want a very comfortable hotel in a desirable location, this one fits the bill.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Roddy
"Beautiful oceanfront resort"
This was our second time at the Pelican . Love the beach location and the wonderful veranda with rocking chairs to sit and enjoy the gorgeous setting. Pool area is not huge but the lazy river is great fun for all. Water is always heated! Classy lobby with overstuffed chairs in quiet corners. Activities for children and teens seem to be limited but the natural beauty of area is outstanding. We love the fact this hotel is away from the Beach Walk people cruising area but close enough to visit if you want to. Convenient to everything-Galleria, by-the-Sea, port area and 17th st., Las Olas etc.
6 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Anonymous
Problems with room. Faucet in shower fell off. Changed room problem with lights and tv. Place is dated
3 night business trip Dec 25, 2013
"Love the hotel with very friendly staff"
I love the hotel would recommended and I would go back again and again! Closer to all activities and actions in town! Beautiful beach, clean and big rooms, very nice and friendly staff! Great food @ restaurant, live the brunch on Sunday!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
boricua
"old age home not a hotel"
we stayed in this hotel for 2 days over the new years eve, the only great thing about this hotel is access to beach right in front of it, the hotel staff are not courteous and hostess doesnt even know the meaning of her job, being a resort we expected a party or atleast the restauranr/bar to be open late into night on new years eve, instead there were no activites for that night other than some $100 dinner n closure before mid night. i felt like we were staying at a old age home where people are servced food to rooms. i would say avoid this hotel and go somewhere else for the price they charge.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
isk
"Great Christmas stay!"
Wonderful hotel with large suites, beautiful oceanfront views and friendly staff. Even though the hotel is large, you do feel that personal interest from the staff. My family and I spent Christmas here and it was a great choice. We will certainly return to the Pelican Grand anytime we are in the area. Enrique was especially caring and attentive to us and he is an asset to the hotel.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"hotel location on the beach is outstanding"
staff was very friendly and accommodating. They went out of their way to give directions and make us feel welcomed.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
michael
Great hotel except for all the Patriots fans! Go Fins!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
"Great staff!"
This is a lovely hotel, love walking right out to the beach. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Only downfalls: $15 a day resort fee and $28 a day parking fee. You can only valet park...gets pricey.
Other trip Dec 13, 2013
Mass resident
Will return in future
5 night romance trip Dec 3, 2013
Gordon
"We loved this hotel!!!"
Too bad we were only here one night. Loved it so much we want to come back and spend a week. This is a fantastic hotel. I highly recommend!
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Tammy
"Post Cruise stay in Ft Lauderdale"
We spent 3 days post cruise in Ft Lauderdale at the Grand Pelican. The best part is the wonderful rear veranda that over looks the beach and ocean. The restaurant also serves excellent food, and the service was top notch. There really are no other restaurants in the vicinity. If you want to eat elsewhere, the best plan is a 40 minute walk to Galleria Mall, and they have a variety of suitable chain restaurants. The room was large are comfortable. We were in Room 923. No only complaint is that there were absolutely no dresser drawers for clothes. We stacked clothes onto a table and into the night stand. We asked for more hangers to hang clothes in the closet and never received any. The TV was modern. Bathroom towels and shower very good. Noisy fan in the bathroom. There are extra fees beyond the Expedia charge and we knew that in advance. Check your statement upon checkout, as I did. I was charged for parking for 3 nights, but did not have a car. The charge for over $50 was reversed, but should not have happened in the first place.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
Carter
"Wedding party stay"
I reserved three adjacent ocean front rooms in August through Expedia. I personally called the hotel to make sure of the reservations and was told that everything was okay. I called again two days before arrival to confirm that the rooms would be adjacent. I was assured that there was no problem. However, upon arrival we were assigned rooms on three different floors. This was not acceptable to us and we told the desk clerk of our previous reservations. He finally put us all in three rooms on the same floor, but not together. One of the rooms was different from the other two in accomodations, it was ocean view, not ocean front. So much for reservations. I feel that the hotel should have reimbursed us for the one room that was different from what we reserved. All three of the rooms were supposed to be identical and adjacent.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Love this hotel!"
The hotel is located right on the beach so the view from our ocean-front suite was so beautiful. At our request, the staff brought up an extra chair so the 3 of us could sit on the balcony. All of the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and are happy to help you get a chair on the beach & put up a beach umbrella for you. What could be better than sitting in a rocking chair on the front veranda to read,chat, or watch the ocean? They even have rocking chairs on each floor so you can also watch the sunset in the west! I loved that we could sit on the front veranda on cushioned sofas and have anything from the bar or restaurant served to us there. One night we thought of going into town for dinner, but decided that what could be better than having a gourmet level dinner at the hotel outside right next to the beach? Every meal we had was delicious. Our suite was very roomy and the beds were wonderful. The hotel is not within walking distance of the city, but that was fine, since everything we wanted was at the hotel. I can't wait to go back!
2 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2013
Jane King
"great location"
the staff is was very helpful. The suite was beautiful with a great ocean view.Only wish the mattress was firmer.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013