All hotels in Overland Park, Kansas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here10750 Barkley St, Overland Park, KS, 66211, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Good for the price"
Booked a room with two beds, but according to Front Desk, hotels.com overbooked (made it sound like a common occurrence). Not to worry, friendly front desk staff gave us a second single bed room at no charge. Good for the price. Biggest upgrade needed is better continental breakfast. No bagels or bread for toast, just apples for fruit, and the standard make your own (blech) waffle iron.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Very Nice Place to Stay"
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I was in town for a night and just needed somewhere to sleep and go in between events and found it with this place. My room was clean and ready when I arrived and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. My only complaint would be that the A/C seemed to have some issues since it kept shutting off and going to auto even though I had it on the regular fan settings to make it blow continuously. But it was still a very pleasant stay. The bed was also very comfortable. Overall for the price I paid it was a nice stay. If you're looking for something simple and low cost without the dazzle and cost of fancier hotels I would definitely recommend this one. I will be staying here in the future.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2015
Marissa
"Okay...for shower & sleeping"
I guess I was put into a handicap accessible room without knowing it, but the shower had no separation between shower and floor, so the bathroom floor flooded when I showered. No bathtub which would have been nice for my 7 year old daughter, even though the shower was fine for her once we knew the floor flooded. The pillows were the smallest bed pillows I have ever seen at a hotel. 2 tiny pillows per bed. Much more bed than the pillows could even think about covering.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
"Bad idea"
This hotels smells strong of must and smoke(including the pillows and supposedly clean sheets). There were very visible and nasty stains on the bed spread. I personally will never stay here again. I read a lot of reviews before booking here, and I have no idea who gave this place a good review(unless they can't see or smell). It was absolutely PATHETIC. My advice would be to find something else.
2 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
"not to bad"
It was okay just for a one night stay, the room was smaller than I expected.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2015
LaRonda
"Great for a quick night"
The room was small but the bed comfortable and the shower clean and awesome hot water!!
1 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2015
"Super8 averagely super!"
Friendly environment.
3 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
Ayodeji
Good value
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Below average, even for a Super 8"
No one was there to greet me. Had to wait about 5 minutes until there was anyone at the front desk. Went to my room, which smelled of smoke, the bed had white stains all over the comforter. The room was small, did not have an iron, the TV did not work. Also, the lights were very bright florescent; similar to a horror movie in a hospital. Overall very dissatisfied and I regret paying money to stay in a place like this.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Marcus
"mixed emotions"
When we got in the room. there was trash from the hotel installing new equipment of some sort. The room was very small but a good use of space. The walls were so thin that we could hear the people next to us talking. Someone had set their alarm in the upstairs unit and it went off about 9:00 at night. It was about 10 minutes before the staff figured out where it was.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Philip
"FELT LIKE FAMILY"
The receptionist was the nicest lady! She was very nice, and made us feel like we were at home.
1 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2014
Hollee
"Reasonably Priced"
Needed a pet friendly motel that was reasonable priced. The motel was average, but we weren't seeking much more. Breakfast was good and the woman handling the breakfast was helpful and pleasant.
"TV didn't work"
There was no cable in room and we were told that the cable guy was coming but no one ever showed to fix it .
"not a good stay!!!!!"
Room was horrible. It needs a update very bad. Furniture was old outdated.Cable sucked not even one movie channel.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Excellent Value"
Hotel was nice, room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
amy
"A Nice Surprise"
the room was very small, but big enough for our purpose. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. Our room, as well, as the hall and lobby area, had been freshly painted in pleasing colors. We had various destinations in the KC area. Super 8 has easy access to all of them...near Metcalf, near I-435, near 95th St, easy access to I-35. We booked the stay because of the low price, because we weren't going to spend much time in the room. We were pleasantly surprised at the comfort and convenience.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
"Overall good but needs some repairs."
Staff was excellent. Hotel needs some work.....towels frayed and some carpets worn. Appears that common areas have been updated and perhaps they will start on the guest rooms soon.
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"Can't beat the value."
Conference at Convention Center. Hotel room was clean, lady at the front was very friendly and helpful, breakfast had coffee and diy waffles. Cant complain
4 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
"For the holiday visit"
Perfect place to stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Never again"
We will never stay here again. Our room was dirty and had a black hairball in the sheets. I also had a bug climbing up my arm late at night. There were only two pillows per bed and the beds were hard. Very disturbing stay.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Better than most economy motels"
Spent one night while visiting family in town. Christmas decorations in lobby were a nice touch.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Super 8 – Overland Park"
Good area, helpful staff, tiny room, poorly-maintained building.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"FAIR"
Very small room...No microwave or fridge...One outlet did not work...Not as good as our last stay here...
4 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"Dirty and Small"
The staff was pleasant, but the actual hotel was filthy. The bedspread had splotches of dark spots, the heating/cooling unit was dusty and missing a cover, and there were long hairs in the bathroom. The room was inexpensive, but the dirty environment didn't make it worth it.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Not too bad, bed was really comfortable."
Bed was comfortable, breakfast was nothing to brag about. staff for the most part was friendly. If you want a better rate, sign up for AARP or AAA and make reservation online to get the lowest deal possible. I paid like forty a night plus tax by doing it this way.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"nasty and very old rooms"
Room was not ready and smelled aweful. gave us another room that was not ready either then gave us very old and small room with not fridge or microwave. When we complained they told us we could get another room and when they took us to the room it was not cleaned either((ridiculous) and nasty.....They said they didnt have any more rooms when we said we wanted werent happy and then they found another room with fridge and microwave BUT WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY TO GET ANOTHER ROOM (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT) DISGUISTING AND GROSS MOTEL IT IS....We had pay the extra for we had no other choice and I knew we they were cheating us out of our money in addition to offering us a nasty very small cracker box room and overcharged us. I told the manager of our experience and he didnt help one bit. The outside of the Hotel looks better than the inside and it was a three night regretful shack of a motel. The hotel needs new management and to be gutted or torn down and rebuilt. JUst NASTY...Never again(beware):( Mrs.Sanders in ATX
"Not really worth the hassel!"
Overall would not recommend staying at this hotel. The closet door was broken. No refrigerator for small stuff. Air conditioner made noises all night when it was running. First night the toliet got stopped up and shower did'nt work right. Called front desk about the toliet and asked for maintenace service and was told I would have to do it myself. The price was good, but all the little problems left me feeling like I should've paid a little more for a better hotel.
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Great place to stay for the price. Good location."
Front desk person was great upon check in. New pillows were being distributed while we were arriving-nice to see!
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
Carl R.
The common areas could use some sprucing up, but overall it was a good place to stay. The breakfast was very nice - much better than I expected! The location is perfect for me when visiting my relative.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Hotel shows some imporvement"
We intentionally got a room with two beds because we found during our last stay that rooms with one bed are really really small. We also found on this trip that our mattresses were either new or just much better than what we encountered last time. Hotel staff has high turnover, I believe everyone we saw on the staff was new as compared to just 6 weeks ago. Appears that hotel owner pays staff the very least amount that they can. Another business taking advantage of low-income workers!
3 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"Good value for clean place"
I stayed here for 4 days and the place was extremely basic and the room was very small, but they kept it very clean every day and the place was quiet and relatively friendly. Can't beat the price for a simple and clean room.
4 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"cant sleep"
to much light in room hard to sleep. There was a dog two doors down it barked throw the nite
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Rex
"Nothing fancy, but for the cost, not bad."
good location and ok place to sleep after day of work.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"close to convention center and QUIET"
It was so quiet. Stayed there last year and will again
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Small room w/out microwave or frig, but we didn't need either. Clean. Nice staff.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
Small room, but nice. No microwave or frig, but we didn't need one.
3 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Older hotel, good value for now......"
Personnel are very friendly and accommodating. Property is pretty well maintained but worn. Where there are or have been leaks or maintenance items like peeling wall covering they remain. Linen and towels are clean but worn. Hotel's location and value pricing make it a good place for now but will need some refreshing soon or they will suffer sales and the cost of updating and maintenance will increase. Separately, the carpet in the breakfast area is badly stained and borders on nasty.
3 night trip Sep 13, 2014
E
"Far from most venues"
Generally a pleasant stay. I stayed while moving back from out of state. Fairly quiet area difficult for transportation if you have no car. Staff was helpful and professional. Some shuttle conveyance could be available from motel a couple of times a day to ku or downtown kc mo on request would hel
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
greg
The room itself was fine, however the air conditioner was not working properly so on a hot humid August night in Kansas it was very uncomfortable. When I checked in at 10:30 pm I was told we were the last ones to check in for the night so there were no other rooms available. Days Inn is our preference
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Convenient location"
We have stayed here multiple times because the place is close to our destinations. It's no Hiliday Inn, but it's clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The kitchen is clean and the breakfast food is fresh every day. Our rooms have always been clean and fresh.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Awesome Place To Stay"
was very high quality no noise clean room nice beds
4 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Meh"
Clean (enough) and comfortable (enough). Great value for money. Free breakfast is TERRIBLE. Room is dirty and run down. Not much selection. For a CHEAP room, it is just fine and I would stay there again. Do not expect much though...
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"budget"
We chose the motel as we have stayed at other Super 8s in the past in other cities. We also chose this one because it offered a pool and breakfast. The pool ended up being shut down from Saturday until Monday. We were only there Saturday and Sunday so did not get to enjoy the pool. We were traveling with young children who were very disappointed. We were told that it was closed by the health department because the water had too much chlorine. Basic maintenance would have eliminated that. In regards to breakfast, we slept in a little late on Sunday and did not get into the breakfast room until @ 8:45. We were waiting patiently in line to make a waffle and even though we were in line and others in front of us were making their waffle, the staff came in and took the waffle mix, yogurt, milk, and juice away promptly at 9:00. There was obviously still batter left in the dispenser. There was just one waffle maker and it took 2.5 minutes to make each waffle. The room was crowded. The staff meanwhile made a waffle with the batter after it was removed while we could not. Based on the disappointment with the pool and the uncaring staff regarding breakfast, I would not recommend staying at this motel especially if you are traveling with children.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Fine Hotel, Sparse Amenities"
The room was clean and appeared to be remodeled, so some things were newer, but not all. The amenities were not what you'd expect. For instance, the breakfast offering was very limited (toast, prepackaged cinnamon rolls, yogurt or waffles) to the point we considered having breakfast somewhere else, and also there was no complimentary conditioner or lotion, only a 2-in-1 hair product and bar soap. Overall, I think you're getting what you pay for and no more.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Disappointing"
When we arrived there was no one to help with bags for a 76 year old. Cart was available. Swimming pool was closed because someone had put too much chlorine. My Grandchildren were going to join us when they arrived later and I had booked that hotel specially because of them and the pool.. The original room just down the hall from me, assigned to my son, was under construction. They were able to find another room in the same hall for him. Compared to other morning breakfast at other hotels, where I have stayed, was disappointing. . .
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Economy price but lacking appeal"
Room was clean but lobby, hall and breakfast area in poor shape.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Jane
"Customer service issues"
While the hotel as a whole was decent, about what one would expect with a few little quirks here and there, one of the employees will be enshrined forever in my memory as having the worst customer service skills I've ever seen by someone employed and working directly with customers. A small problem, literally a one-minute problem, caused her to delay with us because in her words she was "close to shift change" and "didn't have time." Her relief took care of it in about one minute, and the manager the next morning confirmed my suspicions that the 'big problem' was not a problem.
4 night business trip Jul 16, 2014
"Better stay"
For this stay: Well .... This place is in need of an overhaul. Very dated decor and furnishings. Like most hotels the water pressure was less than it should be for a good shower. I found this room to much cleaner and in working order than my first stay here. The breakfast offerings left a lot to be desired and the coffee pot was frequently empty. I think this place has great potential with a little TLC and quality staffing. One person did stand out and since I cannot put personal information into the review. NC was delightful, very professional, and helpful to every guest I saw her interact with.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Fix this place up"
For this stay: Well .... This place is in need of an overhaul. Very dated decor and furnishings. Like most hotels the water pressure was less than it should be for a good shower. We walked into the room to find pieces of crackers on the closet floor and a swimsuit hanging on the towel bar. This left us thinking what else wasn't cleaned. Getting ready to get ice I noticed that a spider had made a home in the ice bucket. I took the ice bucket to the front desk and received a dirty replacement which I took to the room and cleaned very well prior to use. The breakfast offerings left a lot to be desired and the coffee pot was frequently empty. I think this place has great potential with a little TLC and quality staffing.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"disappointing"
Front desk person was distracted, not real attentive. I had to wait for service. The room was damp and musty. The room and the hotel in general was not terribly dirty but it certainly could have been cleaner. The mattress was just OK and we could have used a few more pillows (like other hotels). The breakfast selection was minimal and there was not enough seating (so I sat by the pool in the sun on a very hot morning.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014