All hotels in Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereKenwood Road, Sheffield, England, S7 1NQ, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not central but good value for money."
The slightly faded glory of the hotel is more than compensated for by the very friendly and helpful staff. I like the spacious rooms and bathrooms even though the TV's have seen better days. Good value for money.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Craig
"Lovely spot, could do with some attention"
Booking in was a fiasco and unnecessarily complicated. There is often a queue at reception. My room is fine but not always restocked with toiletries and nibbles.Dinner was pricey and the quality of cooking was not worth the money. Female changing room for pool was dirty.That said the staff are friendly and the environment lovely. I have booked to return !
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
JC
"Beautiful setting. Very comfortable room, although"
Very comfortable room, although the bathroom could do with an upgrade. The sink had been painted and the paint was peeling off! The meal I ordered on the 2nd night, was a bit bland, and wasn't that impressed by "Tom's World Famous Steak Pie" was a bit mean with the steak: I only counted 2 pieces!
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Moya
"Comfortable, nice and quiet, lovely grounds"
Enjoyed stay, food was nice but too expensive and not enough variety so ended up eating out.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
barry and carol
"Nice hotel lovely grounds and nice room"
Enjoyed it, really nice hotel, staff were helpful and friendly and room we stopped in was nice the only thing I would suggest is getting freeview tv as we only had 5 channels and the quality was poor.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Tiffany
"Lovely hotel - very pleasant stay"
Had an overnight stay on a summers evening so it was wonderful to wander the grounds and sit by the lake. The staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. We had a standard double which was very nice, there were more luxurious rooms which overlook the lake and grounds and I look forward to going back sometime and staying in one of those. We didn't use the hotel facilities but the pool for example looked lovely for a dip. Would recommend a stay here.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Flirtygirty
The hotel was overall good however i was in a room nearly 250m away from reception. This was only acceptable with the room being really nice.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
Very poor room especially the bathroom. Every floorboard creaked, as it appeared to do in the rooms nearby. Hot tap water was brown.New part of the hotel much better when I stayed previously.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
"Nice hotel, stayed here several times in last year"
Over all very nice as always, was dissapointed with the restaurant on this visit, my evening meal was not very nice. The pool and spa are lovely though.
2 night trip with friends May 28, 2014
Methos
"In need of updating"
Stayed here for 2 nights after our wedding before our official honeymoon. Picked this hotel due to the four star rating & mention of spa. Have stayed in nicer hotels, would not rate this as a four star. The rooms require decorating & updating. As far the so called spa, not worth a visit.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Sheffield sojourn"
Despite the directions on the website it was difficult to find Kenwood Hall. On site parking was a big plus as was our room with no stairs to its access. I had a very pleasant discussion with the Chef about the temperature of the breakfast food and he was most informative about the history of the hotel and the owner of the original property - George Wolstenholme. He was most helpful about locations in Sheffield and even offered to drive us to the Cutlery Museum when he got off work. Unfortunately, we were not able to accept this offer and he later informed us after he made a phone call that visits had to be pre-arranged.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Beautiful location but in need of some renovation"
We have used this hotel 5 or 6 times in as many years when visiting friends. The location is exceptional for an hotel so close to the city. It is very quiet and gives a real sense of calm. Public areas are attractive and well up to 4 star standards but the bedrooms we have used are in quite urgent need of update. There is no air con. and the bathroom fittings are well past their best. The t.v.s are antique. The other furnishings and fabrics are modern, comfortable and of good quality. We have not eaten other than breakfast but the dinner menu looks decent value but not adventurous by any means. Breakfast offering is ok but not exceptional. On balance,the lovely location and gardens win.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Retired couple
"Kenwood Hall"
Lovely setting, great gardens.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"A good budget option - more of a 3 and a half star"
Service was great, the room finish was dated and in poor condition - mainly the bathroom
Other trip May 15, 2014
Anon.
"We love this hotel"
We had a very good sized room in good condition, very comfortable bed and bedding. We asked for a quiet room and it was so quiet that I slept like a log which is very unusual for me. The grounds are lovely for a stroll around in the morning. All in all one of our favourite places to stay.
Other trip May 9, 2014
Gaynor
"Handy for Sheffield Centre"
Excellent nights stay at the Hotel. Ate in the restaurant great food, great service.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"Thoughtful room booking!"
We stayed room only while visiting family in the area so the location was perfect. We were in the older wing so the room was a bit dated but still clean and huge comfy bed with a good power shower. Although there was a wedding on the Sunday evening with very loud music going on when we returned in the evening, our room was far enough away along a corridor that we couldn't hear a thing, perfect and a very thoughtful/conscientious decision made by the hotel that was much appreciated! Nice to have the pool/sauna/steam area as an added bonus but nothing fancy enough that would warrant going specifically for the leisure facilities and not if you want quiet as there were always young children in the pool area.
2 night family trip May 3, 2014
"more light please"
Overall a very decent hotel. All areas of the hotel were clean. I had a bar meal in the hotel watching the UCL which was fine. Never had breakfast so can't comment. I did use the gym which again was fine, not a great selection of CV type machines but enough to work of the night before's beer. There was also pool and spa area which I never used but it looked OK. The gardens of the hotel were lovely and I am sure it would make a great wedding or weekend away venue as it was not too far from the city centre.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
Tazman 5
"Excellent location for easy reach of city centre."
Weekend stay, quiet location in nice area, people very friendly and welcoming.
Other trip May 5, 2014
dottie
"Sheffield perfect hotel stay"
Excellent place - will return
2 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Arthur Lincoln UK
"A great last minute find"
We were pleased with our room and this hotel, used a base to go walking in The Peaks
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
vicki
We only stayed for one night with our little boy. Staff went extra mile to accommodate us fast and restaurant staff brought our dinner to our room after we ordered and changed our mind about eating downstairs. Although wish they advise us about room service as the prices in restaurant were quite high! I thought the bathroom in the room could have been bit cleaner, nothing worse than when you find someone else's hair... We used the pool which was lovely and warm for a small child. We didn't get to look around the hotel as we had to head off, although from what we saw it had a great outdoor space! Overall a lovely hotel comfy beds and lovely staff.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Digitald79
Booking in seemed to take a while, but any concerns were dealt with by a lady called Kay who I commend.
3 night family trip Apr 13, 2014
Gamble
"Lovely large room; decor a little tired"
The room was great; almost a suite with a table and chairs in one area, and the bed in another. Bed was comfy though I had to ask for more pillows. No hairdryer to be found. Staff were friendly and polite. There was a mistake on the bill that we had to point out to reception to explain what it was for, with no apology, but apart from that, all was good. The décor is clean and tidy but a little tired in places. Nice hotel overall.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Salamander Suchi
"Dont bother"
Would;d not recommend, restaurant and wine extremely overpriced, spa in a appalling state, upgraded rooms small.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
Buzzz
Hotel was very nice, took the dogs with us - there is a charge of 10gbp per night that was not mentioned on the hotels.com website.mexcellent food and room and the large grounds were great for the dogs.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2014
"friendly staff"
hotel a bit tired but friendly staff and clean, good breakfast
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
sharrond
"Good hotel with nice facilities"
Helpful staff in good location. Nice to have the pool, although quite small.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
"Not really what I was expecting."
Not quite the quiet country house I was expecting as it was located almost in the city centre, that said it was like a little oasis, quiet and tranquil. The service was good, room was clean and quiet although as usual it was a block built on the side of the main house (obviously not shown in the marketing photos) The only thing that let this hotel down was the food and menu. The menu choice was very small and the particular dish I had was poorly cooked and bland. Other than that for the price I would stay again (just maybe eat out instead)
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
"Nice Hotel - Could do better"
The hotel is in a lovely location and is clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and tried to be helpful. A couple of service issues let the hotel down - 1 was use of the free wi-fi. Nothing in the information tells you that you need to register to log in and I wasn't told at reception. You also have to re-register every 30 minutes - not helpful if you are trying to work. Room service can only be paid for in cash unless you have already left credit card details at reception, again fine if you have been told about it in advance but I wasn't.
1 night trip Feb 17, 2014
"Great staff - other than that...nothing special"
Staff went above and beyond from the get go and we're truly impressive. The rooms seems dated, windows had a screw loose, bathrooms weren't touched since the 80s, and the telephones didn't work at all which was frustrating when I had to contact reception. The hotel looks awesome externally and the staff and lobby area are also quite fantastic, but the rest was a let down. I would go again though....
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2014
Green
Brilliant staff, excellent hotel. Facilities are a nice bonus at this price.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Tony
Always a favourite getaway for my partner and I! They never fail to make us happy and feel welcome. X
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"As always my Hotel of choice, so convenient."
Great took my 90 year old cousin shopping, fitted her a kitchen blind enjoyed a few meals and plenty of Rose Wine. Then saw a friend on tooooooooo many years standing and went for a great meal in The Peak district. The hotel is very convenient for City centre and most of the West side of the city with easy access to The Peak district and of course Sheffield United/Blades football ground within walking distance. However, the road surfaces in Sheffield continue to seriously decline. I know the place and the short cuts, but have found that it is necessary to stick to the main roads where ever possible between places. With parked cars, traffic calming bumps and terrible road surfaces it is not a pleasure to drive there. The Kenwood Hall/Hotel which I have known for over 60 years is/was in a 'posh' district of Sheffield but the road surfaces on Kenwood road are awful.......................John...............
Other trip Dec 13, 2013
"Average"
Nice enough hotel, bit dated. TV was terrestrial somehow so the tv channels were limited. Facilities quite dated but good sized twin room. Bed was comfy but privacy a bit dubious as I could hear the person snoring in the room next to me. Pool area was tiny. My bed linen was stained prior to me even getting there, so I asked them to change it which they did without any issues. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful. Shower was nice. It's quite far from the centre but it was good for me as it was close to my friend who lived nearby. All in all an average stay, wouldn't rush back tomorrow but wouldn't mind staying again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2013
Bettylafea321
"nice hotel, good phasilities"
enjoyed the pool, however the bad points were the lack of information given by the hotel staff, although they were friendly.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
sophie
"Pleasant friendly staff"
Nice welcome and friendly staff. All staff whether back room or front of house said hello which makes for a pleasant atmosphere. Whether basic or at the higher end I still expect a decent level of cleanliness, appearance and overall feel to a room. Sadly the first room was unimpressive: musty smelling, peeling plastic wash basin and bath which added to overall shabbiness. I would have been very annoyed had I paid to stay in the rooms on this floor as I assume they were all the same. So avoid the 300 numbered rooms. I was moved to a room on the fourth floor. Staff couldn't have been nicer when I complained and I am glad I did as what a difference the new room offered. Although the carpet had seen better days it felt cleaner, less musty smelling and the wash basin was of a much better standard. Complementary water was a nice touch but as there was no mini bar I had no means of chilling it. The gym is no frills and quite compact. It has all you might need except weights but as long as you get in there early it is ok. The entrance to the hotel promises luxury and mostly it delivers but it is a shame not all the rooms live up to this so be careful which one you choose.
2 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
Discerning traveller
"Nice surroundings"
Nice surroundings but rooms a bit dated
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
StuartRTIS
"What a balava"
All of the double rooms were full and I was in one of the 600s. Firstly the bottom of the sink leaked buckets of water as I used the tap. I was moved into another room on the same floor but it was freezing but the staff gave me a portable heater but this made no difference. On the second night the different manager moved me to a cosy and warm twin room on the second floor. The staff were mostly helpful.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2013
Lone female traveller
"Long weekend"
The hotel was generally pretty good, clean and tidy, but more 3* than 4*. The room we had was upgraded and was very spacious, but a little tired. The bathroom needed an update, the shower leaked and the plug didn't fit in the basin ! The breakfast was the usual buffet, and was good. Overall, the deal was good value, and perfectly acceptable for a weekend stay.
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2013
Alan N
"Short stay in Sheffield"
I would go back to Kenwood Hall again. We had a room in the old quarter, with a lovely view over the grounds from our bedroom window. Parking was free, breakfast was good, and our room was quite spacious.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Lynn
"It was a tired old hotel."
It was a tired old hotel. Initially we had a room with an interconnecting door and we could hear everything being said next door. The next night we asked to change rooms. Breakfast was good value for 10 pp.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"very pleasantly surprised"
Much better than the city centre look a likes. Food excellent, bar prices a bit high, but will stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 29, 2013
"Reasonable stay."
Comfortable room, cobweb over window!, decorations very dark,,easy for letting dog out , very kindly and thoughtful staff, snack menu OK, uninspiring, but fair prices,
3 night trip Aug 16, 2013
SMB
Very happy with stay at hotel, except was unable to have any spa treatments as the service is provided by an external source, and as we were only there for two days, they were fully booked, so a bit of a disappointment. If I had known that I would have tried to arrange the appointments before we arrived.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Fiona
"Nice location, rooms tired and dated."
Very average hotel. Lovely setting and conveniently located but rooms are tired, dated and expensive for what you get. If you're in rooms 500/600, its long staircases and no lift. Far from ideal for older people and my mother who had an adjacent room is 86. My room was effectively an attic style, had an old style analogue TV in a cabinet where the doors wouldn't stay open because of the sloping floor and a bathroom extractor fan that didn't work. - Buffet Breakfast was adequate but not well laid out.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Breakfast?"
Lovely setting with the lake and grounds and the staff were generally very welcoming and helpful. However, the breakfast situation needs to be tackled; on the morning we ate there within the space of about 15 minutes they had run out of: - fried eggs - mushrooms - marmalade - marmite - sausages Trying to organise a reasonable breakfast involving some or all of these items was very difficult. I guess we got them on a bad day - I have stayed there a few times before and don't recall anything as bad as this.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Mini-break"
The staff were so friendly and welcoming. Room itself was lovely and very spacious, great storage with comfy seating. Decor was a little tired (carpet stains from radiator leaks, pealing paint in bathroom, slightly worn upholstery on chairs) but nothing that affected our stay. Perfect room temperature but we also loved having windows that opened for a bit of air. Bathroom was a bit dated with a few stains and chips here and there but great temperature and water pressure throughout which is what really matters to me. Toiletries provided are very basic (just shower gel and bar of soap) but I always bring my own so not a problem at all. Iron and hairdryer were both better than many I have tried to use in more expensive hotels. The grounds are lovely too. It is not far to the city centre - £6 in a taxi or a 20 min walk. I would always prefer staying in an area like this and getting a bit more space, peace and quality for my money than finding somewhere in the city centre. We had a very comfortable stay all round.
3 night romance trip Jul 19, 2013
BackUpFromLondon
"Decent hotel"
Used hotel for family get to together. Rooms fine but not air conditioned so would be hot in hot weather. Clean and comfortable. decent breakfast. Pleasant staff. very nice grounds. Not far from city centre and University but quiet at night. Would use again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Phil
"Relaxing hotel"
My standard double room was very spacious, the staff were welcoming and helpful and the buffet breakfast was excellent.The grounds are well landscaped and there is plenty of free parking.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013