All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
109-113 Queens GateSouth Kensington, LondonEnglandSW7 5LRUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
  • Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Awesome vibe
    Uncomfortable
NIce stay. good location. plenty of good restaurants around and tube is near by. We had roome with a window on a back yard though, which was disappointing a bit
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Yury
"Fantastic Experience!"
I chose the Kensington based on the reviews on hotels.com and of course price. I had no idea what to expect and to be completely honest the staff and property far exceeded my expectations! I visited 4 countries over two weeks time and stayed in the Kensington on either end of my flights. the neighborhood is great and a short walk from Kensington Station - plenty of cafe's and shops within walking distance and a quick tube ride to all of the major sightseeing. the only thing to be aware is that if you are flying into LHR and plan to take the tube to get to the hotel the Kensington station has a LOT of steps and if you are traveling with luggage it could get to be too much for some. I cant say enough about the hotel, staff and I did have a fabulous breakfast there - we stayed in a family suite the first night and a deluxe with a roll away the last night- both rooms were perfect for 3 guests. I hope this was helpful.. I consider myself to be somewhat of a hotel "snob" and they met my standards so take it for what its worth :)
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Awesome Place"
Great location and hotel was really nice
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Mari
"Incredible staff, beautiful hotel, peaceful locale"
Stayed here four nights. Most caring staff I have ever experienced. Injured myself while on my trip and max the concierge was so helpful and concerned. Check in staff was incredible, took great interest in our trip and made several changes to our reservation to make our stay more enjoyable. Great stay. Would recommend to all!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
brittany
"Great place"
This was my second stay at this hotel, and it will not be the last. Nice clean rooms, great staf, tasty breakfast, great location, and lot of positive vibes. Am so happy to stay at this hotel, when in London, this is my address.
Other trip May 16, 2014
sam
"Love this hotel"
I have found my London hotel....everything about this place was wonderful. It is not a huge property so you don't feel part of a large, impersonal chain. It is beautiful but not overwhelming or too grand. The food was AMAZING. And who can argue about the neighborhood. Easy walk to Harrod's, Natural History Museum and terrific restaurants. Highly recommend.
1 night trip May 1, 2014
Very nice and cool stay. London class and cool hotel.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Not a comfortable stay"
From early in the morning you can hear the house keeping personel working and cleaning the rooms. My room was number 414 and apparently next to my door is the spot where house keeping place their tools. For 4 consecutive mornings it was really annoying and disturbing. The bathroom is too small, toilets are really minus, and the shower cabinet is clostrophobic. Add to that the heat in the bathroom, it's too hot. Breakfast personel far from being professional, and the service is too slow.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
sam
"Luxurious hotel in great location"
I stayed two nights here on a business trip to London. The hotel staff were terrific - on checking in at 8 am after an overnight flight, the receptionist handed me a hot towel on a little platter - an unexpected and very appreciated gesture. My room was ready and I checked right in - wonderful. The room was very comfortable and attractive, with good toiletries, a working safe, and complimentary tea and coffee. Although my room faced the street, it was very quiet and the bed very comfortable. The hotel is a few minutes walk to the tube station, restaurants, a grocery store, Hyde Park, and the South Kensington museums. Great location, great experience. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Sheets were dirty"
Staff were great and helpfull very organized . Love the bar restaurant was great
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
"Great place in Central London"
Aesthetic, comfortable, clean, smells nice and a perfect location in Central London
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"Good Enough"
Nothing spectacular about this hotel, but nothing terrible either.
4 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
"Favorite Boutique Hotel for Price"
I love this hotel. It is conveniently located in beautiful South Kensington with a charming neighborhood feel. I have stayed here 5 times and have had a great experience each time. This particular time, I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to a studio suite and having stayed in many other rooms here, I would say this is the way to go! Some of their other rooms can be quite small, but the studio suite has a big bathroom with a tub! The staff is extremely nice and helpful and I like that there is a bar and restaurant if you don't feel like leaving. The hotel is super chic, the decor is fabulous, but it is boutique. The only reason I can't get it the full five stars is that compared to some of the 5 stars in Mayfair, it's not as opulent (and the rooms not as big as something like The Corinthia, which also has a spa), but the value here is hard to beat. I will continue to make this my home when I'm in London.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Molly
"Not as described"
Not at all happy... Firstly the positives: Location brilliant for the tube. The lobby and bar area were comfortable. Staff were all pleasant and very much looked high class. This was let down badly by the negatives: Very limited bar snacks served stale without a second thought. Poor operation on room service with hot food listed but not available at all. Poor room quality, advertised at 215 square feet, the bed area was less than half the space listed due to the layout of the hallway and bathroom, the desk was tiny and the space to co-exit in was minimal; closet space was limited and the coffee facilities were a balancing act in a shoe box unit. Really not impressed and a poor experience, lacked opulence and grandeur I would expect from 5* with no stand out qualities to the room. The view was poor and not as advertised. We were provided a queen bed, not suitable for a 6ft person, even though we booked a double room/double bed. Reception actually said it's the customers fault as the detail is not sent with the booking. The website is at best misleading, drawing on the large room and double bed, this is not service I expect from 5*. If the customer is not going to get what they think they booked this is really not good form. Combined with ripped bed sheets this was not a good experience. The room we stayed in was supposed to be a superior double room, but looking at the company website the pictures indicate it to be a standard room, I remain sceptical. I will not be returning.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2013
CB
"This is not a 5 star hotel."
The room was a dirty gray-green w/ a standard bed and 1 chair. No table or desk to place personal item but on the floor. The room was not sound proof and when guest can in a 1:00 or 2:00 AM all the doors would slam shut. The bathroom was up 7 stairs on another floor. The coffee maker didn't work and the coffee cups provided were dirty. The light in the closet would go on and off everytime a door would slam from one of the other rooms. Twenty-four hour room-service was advertized, but when I called down at 5:30 AM on the day of my departure only coffee was available. I could not even get a piece of pastry.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Couldn't be happier with our choice"
We arrived at the hotel after a long flight from the US. Since neither my wife or I can sleep on a plane, we were pretty beat by the time we walked up to the reception desk. The hotel staff went out of their way to find us a room that was ready at 8a and allowed us to check in then so we could take a quick nap. The rooms, while small, were immaculate and comfortable. The hotel had the boutique property feeling we like when traveling abroad (as opposed to the cookie cutter feel that some of the international chains have). The room had all the amenities expected (in room coffee, safe, shower supplies, flat panel tv, super comfortable beds, clean bath with heated floors, wifi) and the staff was always very attentive. Concierge was very helpful in planning our day trips and recommending interesting areas to see. Property is an easy walk to the tube, upscale shopping district, parks, etc. Super easy tube ride to Buckingham Palace and all that that area offers in terms of sight seeing.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
"Tiny Room"
I was surprised by the size of the room. The room was way too small for a 5 star hotel. Service was definitely not 5 star grade, either at check in or at the bar.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
"London vacation."
This is a great hotel with helpful staff, very nice rooms and excellent location.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"wonderful small hotel"
nice small hotel in superior location. Would have loved to have stayed longer, but prices a wee high for longer visit. Superior standard room was lovely if a touch small. A little difficult moving my bag around tight space at end of bed to put into closet. Minor details amid a comfortable stay in a friendly elegant space. Will come back!
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Boutique hotel in a great location"
I only stayed one night, so I didn't have time to enjoy the lovely sitting room, or the gym or food, but I did appreciate the hotel's location near the South Kensington Station and the V&A and Natural History Museum. The room was attractive, though very small--the bed, which was comfortable, took up most of it. Even tinier was the bathroom, which was barely big enough to turn around in. While there was some shelf space--always a problem in hotel bathrooms--there wasn't a towel bar for hand towels. They were kept on a metal rack below the sink, which was extremely awkward. The setup was bad enough for one person, but I would have found it unbearable if there had been two of us. Most of my interaction with staff was with the doormen/bellmen, who were superb, allowing me to leave a bag for the weekend prior to check-in with no trouble at all, and welcoming me each time I arrived as if I were a frequent guest. On the day of my departure, I returned from the V&A five minutes before my driver was due to arrive, and found him there early and my bags already loaded. That kind of service alone would make me want to return. Unfortunately, the desk staff and operators weren't nearly as good. When I couldn't make outside calls, they insisted that I had dialed wrongly or had the wrong number. It turned out they had switched off my outside line, but that didn't stop them from treating me like a dumb tourist. However, check out (by a nice Irishman) was smooth and courteous.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Hope
"Lovely updated hotel in South west London"
The hotel, staff and bar and food service was great! The hotel was very modern and had all the conveniences. While I was pleased, my wife was a little put out because it was difficult to get a cab in the area in the morning. The literature would also lead one to believe that the hotel was closer to all the 'action' than it really was.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Charming and cool"
We loved it! Perfect locatian in a great neighborhood.Nicely decorated with a mix of homely and cool
3 night family trip Sep 25, 2013
Helpful staff. Good location. Clean and attractive.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Perfectly decent"
Very nice hotel. Quiet and excellent service.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel in Upscale Neighborhood"
The staff, especially the Concierge, were all polite, cheery and helpful. The hotel is a lovely older building that has been well maintained and is located in a safe, upscale neighborhood just 2 blocks from the South Kensington tube station. There are restaurants and mini-market very close to the hotel. Although my room and bathroom were not large, they were nicely upgraded and very comfortable, including the bed. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!
3 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Very nice- enjoyed our stay"
This hotel was what we were looking for on our honeymoon trip to London. We wanted something other than a big chain hotel that could give us more of the London experience. It was situated in a residential area but just blocks from shops and cafes. It was perfect for us! Rooms see nice and clean, but small. The staff was all very nice and the Concierge was extremely helpful
3 night romance trip Aug 30, 2013
The Ellis'
The hotel is well located, staffed with helpful, very friendly people and the room was spacious. The bathroom is modern with bath and seperate wonderful shower.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
monte
"Very helpful staff"
I got three rooms for my family. One of the rooms we didn't like, and the helpful staff put us in a nicer room with a better view. We were so happy! We had breakfast - wonderful but $$$ - and afternoon Tea - which was also very nice. The staff, especially the concierge and desk personnel, were very helpful. The location is very nice - out of the way from the mobs, but close to cute pubs.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
Traveling Dr
Liked it a lot. Will probalby recommend to others. Room was very hot the last night though.
5 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
Steve and Lee
"Excellent area of London, extremely helpful."
Excellent, stage bath tub, needed to step up and into it. Other than that, I rate it as an excellent stay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"heart warming service"
Most enjoyable hotel and smoked kipper was on the menu. Hospitable staff everywhere.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"A Quiet Gem in The Heart of London"
When we arrived at the Kensington my daughter realized that the high bath tub was going to be a problem for me as I have arthritis. The staff in Reception worked with us until they found two perfect rooms, one for me with a stall shower. They never made us feel that we were being difficult, they made us feel very important and they wanted to make us happy. Thank you for that positive experience. You are now our favorite hotel in London.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Brenda
"Above Expectations!"
Love, Love, Loved this hotel! From the moment we arrived at the Kensington Hotel we were treated like royalty. We arrived on a rainy Tuesday and were greeted at our taxi with umbrellas and smiles. Upon entering the beautiful lobby, we were welcomed with hot towels, a speedy and personalized check in and small tour of the hotel so we cold find our way to the necessities. The room was spectacular! Clean, fresh, comfortable. The linens were nice thread count, the bathroom tile floor is heated, the shower is spa inspired. Turn down service included truffles, music and mood lighting. The staff is above and beyond helpful and calls you by name. Everything was personal and professional. Everyone working there are very polite and friendly and go to the highest limits to make sure you are comfortable and happy. The lobby / parlor is breathtaking! Sun drenched during the day, and at night it is beyond cozy by the fire bathed in candlelight. The afternoon tea service is amazing! Even with all of the sights of London, I looked forward to getting back to the Kensington Hotel for the tea, their incredible homeade scones and my book! The location is perfect. Right near sights, shops and restaurants - all a block away on Brompton Rd. Taxis right out front and the Tube is a block away. I highly recommend the Kensignton Hotel for your stay in London! It will be the highlight of your trip!
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
AMG
"Perfect LOndon getaway"
Great hotel. Wonderful neighborhood. The staff really cares
Other trip May 24, 2013
Hope
"Kensington Hotel was wonderful!"
We just spent three nights at the Kensington. We were treated like royalty. Everyone was very helpful.
Other trip May 21, 2013
ML

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Great Hotel. Very convenient location. Room a bit small, but that's what you expect in London at this rating. Very comfortable bed. Excellent staff who were very helpful.
5 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Stephen
"Second visit"
Great location, it's our second stay at the hotel. Room was a little on the small side and when we arrived we discovered that the bed was not made, a half bottle of water in our bathroom and dirty flannel in the sink. I provided feedback to reception and received quite a curt response stating that there was no upgrades available, I explained I was not looking for an upgrade simply a clean room upon arrival. The dining area and reception was beautifully decorated. Shame about the attitude!
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"Good stay"
Great location, friendly staffs and reasonable price
5 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Nuntinee
"Nice location, bad service, expensive."
Hotel is nice and it is in a great area with two underground stations nearby: South Kensington on Gloucester. Hotel is cosy and nicely renovated. Staff needs a lot of work. For this reason alone I would not stay at this hotel again. You can't charge that amount and they provide subpar service. There are so many options in London at this price point that you may want to consider others. We were given the smallest room in the establishment which I complained about on the second day and no one did anything about it. My bathroom floor wasn't cleaned which I complained about and nothing happened. I was given a lot of attitude by a woman at the front desk named Chiara. Once again, if you are spending this kind of money, you have many options in London. You may want to consider other locations.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
"Lovely hotel, great location."
Great location for kensington, Chelsea. Lots of trendy bars locally.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Excellent option in the Kengsinton neighborhood.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Gilberto
MX
"Good location, disappointing service."
The hotel helped us booked a tour before we check in and told us the tour details would be given to us when we check in. However, nobody could find the tour details when we checked in! The money had been deducted from my bank card and the tour was for the next day morning after we check in. The second day morning we had to call concierge and front desk again very early in the morning to chase for the tour information. When we finally got a call back from concierge, we were told the tour bus is already outside of the hotel waiting for us! We only got 10 minutes to rush to the bus. We complained about this three times but nobody seemed really cared about what happened. There was no sincere apology to us from the management!
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Monica
"Should have stayed at the Malmasion!"
We booked a night away in London via yourselves a 20 meter squared room with a bath. Bearing in mind I had spent hours on the Internet to find this kind of room as we don't get to go away very often because we have 3 children. The first room they put us in was so tiny with a shower, we went to ask to be moved about an hour later they still hadn't sorted it but we has to go out to meet friends. We asked them and trusted them to sort out our room, we arrived back at the hotel at 12 midnight, the new room they had put us in was lovely but the air condition unit was broken had was making a very loud warring sound. There was no chance to try and sleep through that! Plus it was set to ice cold! Back down to reception we were given anther (which took ages again!) an hour later we able to go to bed. So overall it ruined our previous night away. On check out they tried to charge me for the tea I had while I was waiting an hour for them to sort out my correct room. I normally book in to the Malmasion / du vin group, for some reason I didnt I was stupid!! Money wasted and down the drain, so would not go back!
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Louise
"Trying hard to be top."
Generally a good hotel, and a hotel that "wants" to be really good. A few issues bocked that intention for us. The TV did not work for half of the stay, and a maintenance person had to turn up twice. Also refurbishment was started at the time, with drilling, cacking, banking sounds;in the middle of the busiest time of the year. Bad timing. But. The Kensington Hotel is nice. The bar is really good. I overheard from some that the food is also good. We will go again some other time.
4 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Olav
"Great hotel but lack of attention to detail"
Great location, pretty hotel but had many issues Getting anything sent up to your room took at least 30-60 minutes (ex bottle opener) and multiple phone calls Room coffee station only half restocked Turn down only one side of bed Would recover dirty glasses in the washroom and bar instead of replacing Small rooms for the price
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Disappointing"
Very small but clean & comfortable room. Cold almost indifferent 'welcome'. Service not consistent; one evening great the next terrible! Had to wait well over an hour for dinner which was wrong when served! No concierge on the first evening. Overall I think they are short staffed & the little staff they do have couldn't care less! I stay in the area at least once a month & this is the worst 5 star in the area.
3 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"Nice Hotel close to the tube"
We stayed one night only and really enjoyed it. The staff was really attentive and the room was comfortable. We also enjoyed our breakfast.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Julee
"Amazing"
Struggled to find the hotel, locations not the best but the hotel amazing. Every single member of the staff friendly. Emmanuel on the door oto the footman. The ladies behind the desk, so helpful and the night gentleman. Can't fault the service. Room was perfect room for 3 in our superior room, there was just the 2 of us! Loved it can't wait to stay again!!!
Other trip May 1, 2015
"A Real Gem"
Stately majestic hotel in elegant area. Beautifully appointed furnishings. 5 star service. Superb!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
paris
"Beautiful South Kensington!"
Lovely stay in The Kensington. Excellent location and comfortable quiet room. Luxurious surroundings. The staff are extremely friendly and very attentive, the personal touch made our trip special.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015