All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
109-113 Queens Gate, South Kensington, London, England, SW7 5LR, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very nice- enjoyed our stay"
This hotel was what we were looking for on our honeymoon trip to London. We wanted something other than a big chain hotel that could give us more of the London experience. It was situated in a residential area but just blocks from shops and cafes. It was perfect for us! Rooms see nice and clean, but small. The staff was all very nice and the Concierge was extremely helpful
3 night romance trip Aug 30, 2013
The Ellis'
The hotel is well located, staffed with helpful, very friendly people and the room was spacious. The bathroom is modern with bath and seperate wonderful shower.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
monte
"Very helpful staff"
I got three rooms for my family. One of the rooms we didn't like, and the helpful staff put us in a nicer room with a better view. We were so happy! We had breakfast - wonderful but $$$ - and afternoon Tea - which was also very nice. The staff, especially the concierge and desk personnel, were very helpful. The location is very nice - out of the way from the mobs, but close to cute pubs.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
Traveling Dr
Liked it a lot. Will probalby recommend to others. Room was very hot the last night though.
5 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
Steve and Lee
"Excellent area of London, extremely helpful."
Excellent, stage bath tub, needed to step up and into it. Other than that, I rate it as an excellent stay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"heart warming service"
Most enjoyable hotel and smoked kipper was on the menu. Hospitable staff everywhere.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"A Quiet Gem in The Heart of London"
When we arrived at the Kensington my daughter realized that the high bath tub was going to be a problem for me as I have arthritis. The staff in Reception worked with us until they found two perfect rooms, one for me with a stall shower. They never made us feel that we were being difficult, they made us feel very important and they wanted to make us happy. Thank you for that positive experience. You are now our favorite hotel in London.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Brenda
"Above Expectations!"
Love, Love, Loved this hotel! From the moment we arrived at the Kensington Hotel we were treated like royalty. We arrived on a rainy Tuesday and were greeted at our taxi with umbrellas and smiles. Upon entering the beautiful lobby, we were welcomed with hot towels, a speedy and personalized check in and small tour of the hotel so we cold find our way to the necessities. The room was spectacular! Clean, fresh, comfortable. The linens were nice thread count, the bathroom tile floor is heated, the shower is spa inspired. Turn down service included truffles, music and mood lighting. The staff is above and beyond helpful and calls you by name. Everything was personal and professional. Everyone working there are very polite and friendly and go to the highest limits to make sure you are comfortable and happy. The lobby / parlor is breathtaking! Sun drenched during the day, and at night it is beyond cozy by the fire bathed in candlelight. The afternoon tea service is amazing! Even with all of the sights of London, I looked forward to getting back to the Kensington Hotel for the tea, their incredible homeade scones and my book! The location is perfect. Right near sights, shops and restaurants - all a block away on Brompton Rd. Taxis right out front and the Tube is a block away. I highly recommend the Kensignton Hotel for your stay in London! It will be the highlight of your trip!
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
AMG
"Perfect LOndon getaway"
Great hotel. Wonderful neighborhood. The staff really cares
Other trip May 24, 2013
Hope
"Kensington Hotel was wonderful!"
We just spent three nights at the Kensington. We were treated like royalty. Everyone was very helpful.
Other trip May 21, 2013
ML
"Great Location, Average Hotel"
The staff and location were superb. Only minutes from the South Kensington tube stop and multiple buses to every location in the city. Many good places to eat as well as several small food markets in the neighborhood. Very expensive for a such a small room but free wireless and two computers with printers on main level. Many small things broken in the room - door did not lock, shower leaked, some plugs did not work, very hard to control temperature of room. Did not get a VIP upgrade even though a VIP hotel. Would look for a better hotel in the same neighborhood.
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
NB
"Great Hotel in Desirable Location"
This hotel is awesome. The staff is really helpful all around. It is very close to the Tube.
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
Glenn
"Luxury at an affordable price"
This hotel was pretty deluxe - the room was very comfortable, the staff pleasant and very helpful, and the bar and cocktail service was outstanding. Best blackout shades I've ever seen - the made the room completely dark, even in mid-afternoon, if desired. Also, a ton of great restaurants nearby and a great little farmer's market on Saturday morning.
2 night romance trip Apr 5, 2013
"Great Experience"
This hotel was extremely elegant with friendly and helpful staff, a great bar and very nice rooms. My girlfriend and I loved our five day stay and would recommend it to everyone.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
"Upscale hotel"
Nice location, upscale and friendly staff, nice gym, super clean, every evening they would bring tea and cake to our room, free upgrade to a suite, overall very nice place to stay.
Other trip Jan 14, 2013
"Amazing Experience"
As a frequent traveler, this was the best hotel experience I've had in at least a decade. The only thing in the world as good as the rooms and building quality was the service the staff provided.
Other trip Jan 10, 2013
Rohen
"Great hotel very well located"
As a VIP I got instant upgrade upon arrival. The room was great and the staff very welcoming. However, the rooms are not sound proof and I could hear the floors each time someone moved along the corridor or even in the room next door. Maybe just the location of my room and not all rooms were like this? Didn't have the time to let the front desk know.
Other trip Dec 29, 2012
"Great hotel for business and leisure"
Very nice stay. Excellent stay! Very much enjoyed the stay!
Other trip Dec 25, 2012
"Great Vacations"
- Excellent experience!! - Excellent location - Great Service - Excellent Rooms
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
Lionel
"Charming Hotel with Stellar Service"
Loved everything about this hotel. Comfortable, beautiful rooms, attentive, friendly staff and a great location for walking to museums.
4 night romance trip Nov 6, 2012
Anna
"Nice place, wonderful staff, but pricey."
The hotel was very nice in a boutique sort of way. They gave us a very nice room on the 3rd floor. The bathroom is small but pretty much in line with London hotels. It had a heated floor and a wonderful rain type shower head. The bed was king sized which we look for, and comfortable although I woke with a sore back each morning. The staff was very nice and eager to help. They recommended a very nice restaurant nearby. The only thing I would caution anyone contemplating staying hear is about costs. We got a very good deal on our room through Expedia which was well within our budget but when we checked in we quickly found that the prices of anything else the hotel offered were extremely high. A tiny drink in the bar was 12.50 pounds or about $18.75. We didn't even try the restaurant because of that. They offered a laundry service where a shirt was 5.95 pounds. If you are on a budget, as we were, just be aware.
Other trip Nov 2, 2012
"Great location, just don't ask for a wake up call"
The location and staff were great, until we requested two wake up calls (asked for two in case they had a problem with one) and didn't receive either. Apparently they transposed the room number and did not think to try the room number associated with the car service to the airport one hour after the requested wake up call. Since clocks were turned back the evening before we were unsure of using the alarms on our U.S. cellphones--hence the two wake up calls request.
3 night trip Oct 25, 2012
babs
"great for everyone"
I would give it 5 stars if they fix the following: Needs comfort Mattress (the mattess was Incredibly uncomfortable which caused back pain). You can hear almost everything from the hallway, which is really annoying,
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Good hotel for business trip"
Very Nice loaby and bar area. Staff is helpful And polite. Rooms extremely small and quite shabby.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
"Great hotel for singles and female travelers"
The Kensington Hotel is in a desired location, just a brief walk to the tube, and in an area with many restaurants and bars. You can easily venture out of the hotel for a drink or meal if you desire. The facility is bright and tastefully furnished. My main complaint was with the room and bath size. It was a challenge entering the bath due to the location of the door and size of the sink. Thankfully I did not attempt to use the loo when half asleep as negotiating the entry was an accident waiting to happen.
Other trip Oct 17, 2012
BrooklynGirl
"A great choice"
The hotel is comfortable and well kept in a good neighborhood close to a tube stop.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
Al
"Would stay longer next time"
Very comfortable room! Wish we could have stayed longer. Excellent location! Very attentive service at this hotel! We will absolutely come back here.
Other trip Oct 14, 2012
Ellen
"A gem of a hotel with a very attentive staff"
Everything was right about this hotel, other than our room being very small. Was tight coming and going through the door to room. But everything in the room was appointed nicely. Very contemporary room just large enough for a single business traveler. There were 2 of us so it could feel cramped at times. The service was terrific and we were treated with respect. The concierge helped us find the best routes to places and was very knowledgable. The tea service was good. We felt pampered.
Other trip Sep 30, 2012
Luz
"Very nice hotel in a great location"
The staff were very helpful. They handled bags, taxis, room items requests. They provided down-free pillows and blankets at our request. We had a superior room so there was more space than usual in London. The bathroom was large with a great tub. We had tea there - it was very good. The location is superb - two blocks from South Kensington Underground station and less than 50 yards from a bus stop for C-1 bus (west, away from the tube station). We walked to breakfast and dinner - there are a variety of restaurants around the tube station and nearer the hotel. Also a post office a block away. We also walked to the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Other trip Sep 13, 2012
Doc74
"Great location, staff; bad phone!"
It is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location for parks, museums, restaurants and shopping, and the reception, restaurant and concierge staff are excellent. A few qualms are that the room was not made up when we arrived (4 pm!) and the following day when we returned to the room after being out all day it still was not made up by 4. We complained, got a nice letter from the manager and things changed after that. A night's rate was charged to my card also as soon as we checked in, even though we prepaid, and they did not tell me. They said it was not a charge, just a "hold," but my credit card did not seem to know the difference. Nice breakfast spread and excellent service. Lovely chocolates with the turndown at night. Bed was a little hard for my tastes but liked the heated floor in the bathroom. Someday someone will design a bathroom that has decent lighting for a woman to fix her hair and put on makeup. Guys, this is not the place for mood lighting, okay? The other thing is, do not touch the telephone in the room, ever. We used it to call a local number to check something with our airline, got put on hold for a while, and got a truly stunning bill. All that said, I would still stay here again. It's a great place to experience London.
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
"Perfect from start to finish"
This place is spot on in every way. Gorgeous lobby and parlor rooms on the first floor to meet with colleagues or enjoy drinks in. Bar is great. Staff as friendly and helpful as can be. Location is stellar. And the hotel is in great condition, with the interior decor of the rooms all you could ask for.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2012
Ben A
"Luxury meets Comfort."
Easily one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Absolutely beautiful, with terrific customer service.
7 night family trip Aug 20, 2012

Excellent option in the Kengsinton neighborhood.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Gilberto
MX
"Should have stayed at the Malmasion!"
We booked a night away in London via yourselves a 20 meter squared room with a bath. Bearing in mind I had spent hours on the Internet to find this kind of room as we don't get to go away very often because we have 3 children. The first room they put us in was so tiny with a shower, we went to ask to be moved about an hour later they still hadn't sorted it but we has to go out to meet friends. We asked them and trusted them to sort out our room, we arrived back at the hotel at 12 midnight, the new room they had put us in was lovely but the air condition unit was broken had was making a very loud warring sound. There was no chance to try and sleep through that! Plus it was set to ice cold! Back down to reception we were given anther (which took ages again!) an hour later we able to go to bed. So overall it ruined our previous night away. On check out they tried to charge me for the tea I had while I was waiting an hour for them to sort out my correct room. I normally book in to the Malmasion / du vin group, for some reason I didnt I was stupid!! Money wasted and down the drain, so would not go back!
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Louise
"Trying hard to be top."
Generally a good hotel, and a hotel that "wants" to be really good. A few issues bocked that intention for us. The TV did not work for half of the stay, and a maintenance person had to turn up twice. Also refurbishment was started at the time, with drilling, cacking, banking sounds;in the middle of the busiest time of the year. Bad timing. But. The Kensington Hotel is nice. The bar is really good. I overheard from some that the food is also good. We will go again some other time.
4 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Olav
"Disappointing"
Very small but clean & comfortable room. Cold almost indifferent 'welcome'. Service not consistent; one evening great the next terrible! Had to wait well over an hour for dinner which was wrong when served! No concierge on the first evening. Overall I think they are short staffed & the little staff they do have couldn't care less! I stay in the area at least once a month & this is the worst 5 star in the area.
3 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"Amazing"
Struggled to find the hotel, locations not the best but the hotel amazing. Every single member of the staff friendly. Emmanuel on the door oto the footman. The ladies behind the desk, so helpful and the night gentleman. Can't fault the service. Room was perfect room for 3 in our superior room, there was just the 2 of us! Loved it can't wait to stay again!!!
Other trip May 1, 2015
"A Real Gem"
Stately majestic hotel in elegant area. Beautifully appointed furnishings. 5 star service. Superb!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
paris
"Beautiful South Kensington!"
Lovely stay in The Kensington. Excellent location and comfortable quiet room. Luxurious surroundings. The staff are extremely friendly and very attentive, the personal touch made our trip special.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Brilliant hotel"
Would highly recommend, staff can not do enough to help
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Turning a problem into a positive"
We were disappointed at the size of the room and asked to change to a larger room. We moved to a more spacious room on the next day. All of the staff involved in this were very understanding and could not have been more helpful and the result was very positive. The hotel is in excellent condition and the neighbourhood is attractive
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Fabulous"
Booked for my parents for my Dad's 70th birthday present. They absolutely loved it, as did my nephew when he was brought round to see them and the staff gave him and his sister a Kensington Hotel teddy bear each. Can't recommend it enough - they had a lovely stay, great staff, comfy beds, nice room, handy for the Albert Hall, which is one of the reasons I chose it.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
M
"Man in a suitcase"
Good location, lots of sushi and other restaurants nearby, nice attentive staff, good quiet and sized room, nice mince pies, i am going to stay again!
4 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"I am not sure there was space for two people"
So this was very bad. Tiny room with a bathroom in which I could touch all four walls at the same time and no space to put toiletries down on. Internet didn't work in the room from the time I arrived to the time I left. There are many hotels in Kensington I wont be going back to this one
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2014
"very nice but..."
The reception staff and bar areas were first class. The room was very clean and very nice but a little small. I had to turn to the side to pass between the bed and wardrobe. Despite this id probably stay again as the room is less important to me than the surroundings. The shower door seal was damaged and didn't shut well and the sink was a little clogged but still a good experience despite this.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Leigh
"nice hotel"
very good location for museums and close to south kensington underground station. nice helpful staff. clean room and comfy bed. I would go back again
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Lesley
"Nespresso coffee machine in every room!"
So often when travelling, the budget is priority like many other travellers. But every once in a while, you get the opportunity to go splash out for a real treat, and this is what I did for my wife on her birthday with two nights at The Kensington in August. What followed was probably the best hotel stay I can recall of any hotel in London, bar none. Our room, 327 on the third floor, faced inwards from the street and was extremely well prepared, with a mixture of contemporary and modern fittings. It wasn't massively spacious but didn't need to be, complete with a Nespresso coffee machine along with the usual room amenities. After a meal at a nearby grill, we returned to sample some fantastic house cocktails in the bar. The following evening we sampled the brilliant service and unfussy menu in the restaurant. I had a chicken club sandwich that really hit the spot and similarly, breakfast was well-judged. My only (very slight) complaint was the constant drone from the air conditioning units at the back of the hotel. I guess it's unavoidable really - something you often encounter at modern hotels - but certainly not enough to detract from a great experience. The friendliness from staff - and indeed, the other guests we spoke to - continued all the way to checkout, whereupon we were handed a small bottle of water each before beginning our onward journey. All these small touches make a massive difference. Needless to say, this is a hotel we will definitely be staying at again.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2014
BW
"Lovely hotel in Kensington"
Fantastic hotel, lovely staff. Thoroughly recommend.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Grear Location"
Great service, Great Location
7 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Just Great!"
My stay at the Kensington Hotel was just wonderful! The hotel is centrally located and within easy walking distance to many attractions and two tube stations. The service in the hotel was absolutely exceptional, especially by the front desk staff who went out of their way. My room was ready at a very early hour and I greatly appreciated this after a long day of travel.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2014