All hotels in St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4630 Lindell, St. Louis, MO, 63108, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Juan
4 night trip Oct 15, 2014

4 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Central West End

"Newly Renovated (some still in progress)."
05/26/15 MoBay316 Wichita, Kansas
Front Desk staff were great! We stayed just a night but would stay again. Typical HIE breakfast, but that is a pretty good breakfast! Parking was just $5 and it is fairly close to Scottrade (easy to get there too).
"Travler"
05/24/15 Frostyflipper
We stayed 5/23/15 and this place is way overrated our room Ac made so much noise we had to leave the room .The Ice Machine was broke and we had to go to the third floor .The Breakfast was terrible if that what you want to call this ??? I would suggest the Chase just 2 blocks away .This will be our last time here
"Definite improvement over previous incarnation"
05/21/15 kay-cee-1138 Houston, Texas
I'd stayed at (and reviewed) this hotel a few years ago when it was owned by a different chain, and I'm glad to see that it has noticeably improved now that it's a Holiday Inn Express. Of course, the hotel's location on Lindell in Central West End remains its main draw. The lobby looks great, and the desk staff was efficient at check-in and check-out. The old horrid hallway carpets are gone, I was glad to see, and the furnishings of the room are clearly improved as well. What I previously noted as poor "fit and finish" under the previous ownership, has been pretty much taken care of. I liked the current look of the room. Of course, as everyone says (and of which management is keenly aware), the bathrooms are almost akwardly small (I wonder if there are structural constraints that prevent modifications). But they are nicely furnished and equipped (I like the vessel sinks). The toilet's a turbo model that can be startling if one's not familiar with the type. My room was on the front side, overlooking Lindell, I think. It was comfortable and very quiet at night. A continental breakfast is offered, but I didn't try it this visit. Nor did I have the chance to use the wifi. The price for a night's stay seemed a bit higher than average, but that, again, probably reflects the excellent location as much as anything. Overall, a much nicer experience than two years ago. I'll feel much more confident staying here again next time I'm in the area.
"Clean, great location, good staff, small bathroom"
05/12/15 celesteandrick San Antonio, Texas
I decided to stay here because of the great location within walking distance to great restaurants, bookstores, and the general Euclid St. area. Not disappointed on that front! After a 9.5 hour drive from Dallas I needed a pleasant walk, good pizza, and a local beer (at Pi Pizzeria). Ok, the bathroom is small What is small? I decided to just measure it based on the 12X12 tiles. Bathroom is about 5.5 by 6 feet Shower is 2 feet wide and about 4.5 feet long, with a glass wall so not much room to expand the width if you need it. Shower head is at about 5'7" so if you you are taller than that you will have to duck to wash your hair.. Overall clean and there was a comfy bed. I'd stay here again if passing through, but probably not for more than one or two nights because my hubby would not fit in the shower very happily (I was solo on this trip). Wifi super slow on my visit.
"Location Convenience in an Older Hotel"
05/04/15 ChiefGuru Decatur, Indiana
This an older HI Express. The small lobby and breakfast area have been maintained and remodeled over the years. So, the first impressions upon entering the hotel are good. They have some surface parking in front of and on either end of the hotel. The benefit is that they too have an underground parking lot for spillover from the surface lot or when the weather is poor. However, a $5 additional charge applied to my parking a car. The front desk staff was fine though not special. Of course, I arrived fairly late (10 PM) and he was likely not expecting new arrivals. Regardless, checking in was no issue. Leaving the lobby and heading into the hotel, the age of the hotel was evident. Though clean, the carpets were a bit old and showed signs of wear. This too was the case in my room. I was just present for one night and had no negatives from my room. The bed was in fact comfortable. The bathroom was fine, with one caveat. The shower was quite narrow. A bigger person would definitely rub shoulders while showering. The hotel is in a nice area of the city. Quite near Forest Park, the Zoo and Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Further, the hotel is a mere half block off Euclid Avenue whereon resides many great restaurant choices. Overall, I must rate the hotel as average. No particular draw to or negatives to repel anyone from this venue.
"Good location - Decent sleeping areas - SMALL Bathrooms !!!"
05/03/15 andrettifan Chicago, IL (suburbs)
I booked this location for its close proximity to the Fox Theater for a concert I was attending. There are certain areas less than a mile from this hotel that you don't really want to venture into but this hotel is off a major road where there is plenty of traffic. I didn't feel any sense of danger while staying here. I was aware of the status of this hotel being remodeled prior to booking it but I was not expecting the bathrooms to be as small as some of the previous reviewers mentioned. I figured "people exaggerate....it can't be THAT bad" Well......it IS that bad. Holy cow was it small. I'm talking uncomfortably small. It was like being in closet. I'm 6'0" and I had to duck while trying to look in the mirror. I get that this is an old historic hotel and only so much can be done during a remodel but WOW. Good luck if you're claustrophobic. The sleeping area was of decent size considering the overall dimensions of the room were smaller than one would usually experience at a hotel stay. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was your usual Holiday Inn Express fare. I will say, and this might sound trivial, that I didn't see the need for the $5.00 a day charge for parking, especially since it's NOT disclosed when you book the room and you're surprised with it upon check in....what are you going to say, "No" ? I just drove 5 hours and not have a place to stay ? And it's not like the parking spots are spacious or anything special to warrant a charge to park at a hotel that I'm already paying for. Aside from the few issues I mentioned, it was an overall decent stay for the 2 days I was there.
"Hidden charges...small baths..."
04/25/15 Omer S Netanya, Israel
We were staying for 3 nights. Upon arrival at the hotel we were told we can park either at outside parking places or at gated parking in floor minus 1. Nobody told us a word that this is subject to any fee. Even at check out nobody told me I have to pay something. However, 4 days after check out my debit card was charged $15, which amounts to $5 a day for parking. On another note - bath rooms are very small. When you stand in the shower you cannot wash yourself without touching the curtains.
"Friendly staff - pleasant room"
04/18/15 Sue D Minneapolis, Minnesota
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the weekend of April 10, 2015. We had a great overall experience. We checked in on Friday night and the front desk attendant John was very polite and helpful. Saturday the gal watching the front (Started with a "V" sorry I forgot your name) was very helpful. We did not have a refrigerator or hair dryer. She was able to locate these items. Another employee who happened to be named, John, brought the refrigerator to our room in a timely manner. The gall at the front desk (again I apologize I forgot her name but it started with an "A") was very helpful. We checked out and had to leave our luggage until our departure time. She made sure it was safe and sound until we left for our departure. The only reason I don't give this five stars is for the room. The room has been remodeled but it is an older building. Consequently it was small. The bathroom only had a shower. For me this is what i chose to use anyway but some people like baths. Also, I am 5'2 and there was not a lot of head room in the shower for me so somebody taller would have a difficult time. I do however give the bed 5 Stars!! It was a very comfortable bed. So comfortable that it was the first time in months that my back has not given me pain. I like it so much I decided to find a similar bed for my house to see if it helps my back! The location is very nice. It is close to the St. Louis Chess Club, great restaurants and the park. It is about a 40 minute walk to the Zoo and lots of other stuff in the park. We also were close to the metro and did not need a car as we either walked or took the train from the airport. We also took the metro to the St. Louis Arch. It was a great weekend in St. Louis. Thanks for your southern hospitality.
"Great hotel & Location"
03/31/15 Philipp L
Great central spot with close proximity of shops, bars and restaurants in a safe neighbouthoud in St Louis. a beautiful parkk and free zoo nearby very suitable for a run, also good breakfast buffet in the morning..
"Was in town for the State Wrestling champions."
03/28/15 elonwil KC MO
Great Hotel set in a beautiful part of Old St Louis. Hotel easy to find. Clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and nicely decorated. Was a little disappointed that there was no fridge or microwave. Was traveling alone and did not want to eat out alone at did not want to go out to eat late on Friday and Sat nights. Other wise was very satisfied.