All hotels in Olympia, Washington, United States of America

Great room
    Regular internet service
    Breakfast is average
"Clean but noisy."
The hotel is clean, but has no sound proofing, so you will be hearing voices and TV next door, and absolutely everything that goes on in the hallway. The first room we were given, smelled awfully like cigarette smoke, even before we ever or embed the door to the room. I'm not sure how this problem slipped by the cleaning personnel, because it was awful. The front desk personnel were quick to get us a new room, and they were quick, helpful, and friendly during all our interactions. I don't know that I would want to stay there again, only due to the noise. Their food was also inordinately expensive, and no complimentary breakfast was offered, contrary to most other hotels in the price range.
2 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
Anne
We were in Olympia for a family event. Hotel was a very good location for all the activities during our stay. Very close to Downtown Olympia. Scenic Location on Capital Lake.
4 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Frank P
"Would stay again"
The first two hotel staff were not friendly at all. But, when we were given the wrong room, my husband went to the lobby and spoke to a new staff member and had the room switched with no problems. I would stay here again. It's very clean which is HUGE in my book.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
LeAnne
"Clean, comfortable, classy"
I stayed one night with my sister and two-year-old niece while visiting friends and family in multiple towns nearby. The grounds and buildings are very nice, elegant yet comfortable. Our room was great, very clean with a huge bathroom, plenty of towels and very comfortable beds. The staff was super friendly for the most part with just one minor exception when the front desk person kept me waiting for quite awhile at check-in without even acknowledging me while he helped another guest solve a Wi-Fi issue. It seemed a little rude. But he also immediately got us a crib for the two-year-old even though I had forgotten to request one ahead of time. I didn't try the pool but my sister said it was great, and clean. Overall our experience was fantastic. I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Decent place"
Decent hotel, room was nicer than the hotel itself. Pool looked nice but we didn't have time to try it out. Slept decent, which isnt always easy for me when away from home. For one night it did the job and we were satisfied.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Jennifer P
Wonderful lunch in hotel restaurant. Sunday breakfast buffet was extended by the restaurant because of high demand. Beautiful pool!
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Needs sprucing up, plumbing and real eggs!"
It is a bit tired looking. The hot breakfast was awful! Fake eggs and disgusting meat. Couldn't eat it and I paid extra for the hot breakfast. The sink in the bathroom and the tub backed up horribly. The toilet ran too for an hour after each flush.
1 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
Jill
"A fair secluded Hotel in a nice setting by a lake."
First, the signage to find this hotel, which is well off the beaten path left some to be desired. On my first attempt to find it, I overshot the driveway because I did not see the Red Lion sign back down the access street. When I got there the Clerks could not tell me how much the room rate was because it was reserved and paid through Expedia. After I got home the charge was on my CC account page which was about $63. more than the room rate. I have disputed the charge but it appears to me that my meal and Lounge charges were added to the Expedia account, while the hotel gave me a bill under the door which was for the restaurant charges only. The room was OK but out dated especially the Air Conditioning System in the room. It was one of the older wall mounted units which was difficult to adjust because none of the controls were wall mounted and all the controls were difficult to read in a dark corner of the room. The A/C unit was very noisy to a point I put it on high ( high fan speed and lower temp) for awhile so I could shut it off when I went to bed and would not be disturbed by the loud noise. I did enjoy the setting of the Lounge and dinning room overlooking the lake and pool. I ordered my meal and drinks from at the bar, which was good. The bartender seemed to know some of the people at the bar which made it difficult to get his attention on several occasions, because I was at the end of the bar. The next day I had lunch in the dinning room, the food and service were
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Roger
"Comfortable Stay"
Have stayed here around 4 times and found everything to be great, the staff is very nice and helpful, rooms were clean and everything was in working order. I would recommend to a friend and plan on staying here again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Ben
"Nice ...but"
Nice hotel, big clean room. Two buts the hot tub wasn't hot .And the cleaning staff came around knocking on doors at 8:50 am ,even with a do not disturb sign on the door we could still hear them knocking on other doors. Other than that it is a great hotel .We would stay in a Red Lion again .
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Alan
"Wonderful hotel"
Nice stay, I would recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Amazing bed!"
This hotel was wonderful. Very easy check in and check out. The room was very clean and large. It's nice that there's more than one entry/exit. The pillows and bed were better than mine at home. We will definitely be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
Katelyn
We spent only one night, but everything was great. Felt sorry for all the outside plants, though. They were in need of a good watering. We'd definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Balcony view of Mt. Rainier"
Check-in was smooth, room clean, room service was friendly and fast. Wild salmon dinner was delicious, salad fresh and crunchy, red velvet cake was the best (frosting was just perfectly sweetened). Only one request: put screen on balcony sliding door to prevent invasion of all the evening bugs that go for the light!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2015
"Thought it would be nicer."
Arrived late after a business conference in Seattle. Room was on first floor which could have been fine but it smelled very moldy and had many large stains on the carpet. Tried to switch rooms but front desk said they were sold out, nothing else available. She mentioned that I have booked through a 3rd party and that made my reservation inflexible. Bed was pretty comfy but the dirty carpet and musty smell was difficult to overcome.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
T.C. =)
Beds too soft. Room smelled funny.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Eugene
The hotel surroundings are the big draw for me. Lots of trees and a peaceful setting are very desirable.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
The hotel was quite comfortable overall. The restaurant was a little limited in the menu and steep in price - not much choice for something light. I ate out instead of the hotel.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Kandace
Great location...easy to get to from the interstate. It is in a secluded area but just minutes from downtown Olympia. There is a very nice restaurant and bar in the hotel which I like because it makes a short stay much less hectic.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Audrey
For a family of 5 we were put in a handicap room. The bathroom shower was a joke. It was broken and caused water to go all over the floor. To shower we had to get wet turn water off soap up turn water on and so forth. It was a disaster having 5 people showering.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Alta M
"Good hotel, great location."
Great location to access Olympia and Seattle. Easily can get to nature by car: Nisqually National Wildlife Center, Mt. Rainier National Park and other State Parks. Not far from Seattle and Pike's Place Market, Space Needle, etc. (Be prepared for terrible rush hour traffic in I-5 from Tacoma to Seattle. Hotel is nestled in trees overlooking lake. Extremely helpful, friendly staff. Clean, comfortable rooms. Good fitness center. Free Wi-Fi. Computer and printer in lobby--no charge to print boarding passes. Can't comment on hotel restaurant or room service because we were out and about most of our trip so we didn't eat at the hotel. Does have an outdoor pool. Didn't use but it was very clean.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Onenote13
Restaurant good food service slow and not very friendly
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
beth
"Quiet setting"
We wish we had more time to enjoy the hotel. Great view of the inlet below.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Great stay, comfy bed!"
Overall a very cozy and pleasant stay. They were nice enough to accommodate my booking glitch (didn't book enough nights, had to add a night as a separate booking) and we didn't have to move rooms. It felt clean and the bed was SUPER comfortable with lots of pillows. My only negative would be the errant hairs left in the bathroom in some obvious places. Everything in there appeared clean but for that, so I didn't let it bother me.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
great place but in need of a upgrade
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"I'll definitely stay there again"
Great hotel. Front desk was great .....especially Kylee. She went above and beyond in making sure we were set for the rest of our trip with lodging. Room was spotlessly clean.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice hotel, needs more front desk help"
Very pretty location and nice, clean room. Waited for about 10 min. to check out at 8am on a Sat. morning. Only one person was at the front desk and there were at least 4 people waiting behind me.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Marla
"Beautiful setting. Just what we needed."
Inad just completed a 5 k mud run and really needed the hot shower and comfortable bed after a nice meal in the reataurant. Perfect.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Jerry
"Great job red lion!"
Picked as a last resort due to bolton's being full... Sure glad we did! Great room, great staff, great breakfast! Definitely a great stop!
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Nicer than anticipated from photos and reviews"
We had a very nice stay here. We moved out of the Governor Hotel as the air conditioning was out and they didn't appear to be doing anything to fix it - thank goodness the Red Lion had an opening! It was so much nicer in every way - working air conditioning, smooth sheets and very comfortable beds, wonderful lighting, and nicely updated bathrooms. Also very quiet there. We had an excellent stay here - rating should be higher!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
D
Going to Victoria BC for our 50th wedding anniversary and spent the night here. First time here and will make a point of staying here again when we are up this way.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
"Simple and easy"
Nothing fancy, but this room served the purpose for our 3 days in Olympia. More breakfast options would be nice, but the site is an easy distance to coffee shops.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice stay in Olympia"
Pleasant surprise....very nice and well kept for an older property. Rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. It is situated on beautiful grounds.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Ivan
This is a nice property in a scenic spot, not too far from downtown Olympia but what I'd consider reasonable walking distance. Hotel staff was very nice.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Great hotel with excellent service."
Professional service, cleanliness, and comfort were outstanding. Staff were courteous and friendly without being too helpful or overly polite, nor did they try to pitch higher rates and deals to me which I was VERY thankful for. The room was clean and well-equipped with the standard essentials. Food served through room service was tasty and reasonably priced. The room furniture was comfortable and in excellent condition. The only thing that stood out was the interior of the hallways: The carpets and wallpaper were outdated, and the side entry/exit doors were obviously well-used and needing to be replaced.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2015
"Good hotel but dated"
Hotel was good but dated No problems with staff or location Was clean
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Olympia Stay"
Nice stay, Everything was good, clean, good staff, no problems at all. Did not use much more than the room but the hotel staff seemed friendly.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"AJW review"
It was a nice comfortable stay. The area and the Hotel were really good.
5 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Conference hotel"
Service for the conference was excellent. Food service during sessions was better than most other conferences I have attended. Check in/out was quick. Staff attitude was average.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Cara
"Good hotel, unclean and cold."
Good hotel for price. Bathroom was not clean when I arrived. Room was very cold when I opened door. Would have rated overall of 4 had bathroom been clean and had the room been other than freezing when I arrived.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Better than expected"
Clean and comfortable. Was better than I expected a Red Lion to be.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Nice place, complicated layout"
Hotel was very large and we were not provided with any type of map. We had to ask how to get to the pool, which was not easy. The hotel was very nice. Parking was tight, but available. I'd like to see a free breakfast bar, which is becoming more common. The area was nice, but hard to find and get around. There are a few restaurants within a few miles, but are difficult to find. Room was very nice, bed comfy.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Peggy
"i got a bad expirience in this hotel"
the hotel overate rooms that weekend only because it was the stp event and they was in the mode of don't respect my reservation, and send me to other hotel to find out if they have available rooms
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Review"
Great hotel, will definitely stay again. Room was large and spacious just wish there was a table in the room.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
jess
"Really disappointing."
Came in late. Check-in was fine, room looked generally good. Window was wide open and the air conditioner set to "hi-fan". So the room had a lot of bugs already. Closed the window and realized why it was opened. Clearly the room had been recently smoked in and it was really. I would have complained immediately, but my kids (2, 4, 6 yr old) hit the beds and were immediately asleep and it was midnight. So we just toughed it out. In the morning as we were departing (this was just a 1-night stay), I mentioned the condition to the front desk and they were dismissive. Too bad. If you're going to charge $150 +$20tx per night (through hotels.com) and the room sucks you should be more concerned. If you have other options available, use them.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Jacob
"Comfortable refuge"
Front desk person was so nice. I'm a single mom of a special needs 3 1/2 year old, who at check in was more than exhausted, as was I. When I first pulled up to the hotel I realized it was multiple buildings and was dreading the possibility of taking my son and luggage all the way back to the car. I don't know if the check in person took pity on me or it was a happy coincidence but we were checked into a room in the main building. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless even if the floor space was tight. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Kristen
"Stay here!"
Wonderful experience! Everything was perfect!
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Carla
as expected
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Pleasant Hotel"
Friendly restaurant staff/ Good breakfast buffet. Nice place to watch 4th of July fireworks.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Vicky
"Great view."
Marvelous location, nice rooms with a view. The small upgrade to a room with a view over Capitol Lake was well worth it.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015