All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
413 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Best days ahead but not today"
Property has a great location but has seen better days. We couldn't check in until 6 pm because they didn't have enough help to clean the rooms. Room was fine, clean, etc... but too much light came in the room from the parking lot. No coffee in rooms and full breakfast didn't start till 8 and no coffee in lobby.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Not as advertised"
a very run down property that needs a major renovation.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2015
"A decent no frills hotel for a decent price."
Much like other reviews I would say this hotel needs some TLC. Our room was fine and clean--we did not have any some and when I asked for some at the front desk I was told that housekeeping was gone for the day and all they had were some extra samples of shampoo/conditioner combo....not really helpful for washing for hands. Staff was friendly....pool was nice and warm and breakfast was basic but good. They have nightly Native American dancers that unfortunately were cancelled due to a rainstorm.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
susan
The room smelled bad. Pillows were uncomfortable. Breakfast wasn't very good. Waitress wasn't very attentive. She forgot my toast and my husbands sausage . We stayed there a few years ago and it was nicer.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"I would return"
The ONLY problem was that the Internet accessibility was poor. Everything else was vvery comfortable.
3 night trip Jul 19, 2015
Donald
"Go elsewhere!"
The unit was old dirty and run down, the mattress needed replaced long ago the one chair in the room had a broken leg. The first room they gave us was either occupied or had not been cleaned that day and we checked in at 9:00 p.m. The only good thing about the hotel was the balcony off of the room and a great shower with good water pressure. We often stay in Taos, this was the biggest disappointment we have had there.
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2015
"SKIP BREAKFAST !!! unless you've got an extra hour"
enjoyed the Indian dances in the courtyard. Breakfast is a complete disaster, under staffed, long waits, service basically non existent with one server and dozens of patrons!!! You got to be kidding. For the second time I've gone down the street for Breakfast. Suggest you hire some staff and serve a regular breakfast at a reasonable price - then everybody would be happy.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Good breakfast."
We stayed one night. The room was large, but due to the age of the facility, finding outlets was a challenge. However, the large space came in handy since we'd had a water problem in our car and had a lot of things to dry overnight.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
Phyllis
"Ok stay for a Taos visit"
It's an older hotel with no frills room wise. Some things need maintenance, so don't expect shiny and new. They have a Great heated pool and made to order breakfast. A fair deal for the price
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Edwin
When we arrived to our first room the mattresses were on the floor with a big bomb on the table. If hadn't been 1130 pm we would have gone to a different place. We were given a different room which was outdated. The staff were okay not overly friendly or apologetic for the inconvenience. Bottom line do not stay here!
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Rebekah
Deluxe camping.
3 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Jeffrey
Enjoyed our stay very much really awesome Indian dancer's!
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
tammy
"Great location, value and service-needs TLC"
Great location and close to everything. Hotel is overdue for a renovation Although the room was as clean as it could be, some things just need replacing (eg carpet, shower, sink area). The staff was very nice and helpful. Hot full breakfast was more than you'd normally find and it was very quiet at night. For the value, location and friendly service, a four star, but for atmosphere and the overall state of the rooms , probably a one star.
1 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
"Taos hotel"
It was an older hotel and it had seen many visitors. Not a top of the line brand new hotel but one that we would stay in again. They have dancers there every night I was told from the Taos Pueblo, but I think our night was canceled due to a town power outage. Not a big deal, got to sit and talk to our neighbors while it was cool in the evening and quiet. Power on in a little while. We would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
"Great Folks"
Room ok Front desk Great no y fi connection in my room
1 night trip May 26, 2015
William M.
"Beyond its Heyday"
The staff is friendly and helpful, but the resort could use some updating and a lot of TLC. The carpets are old and dirty, and there was an inch of dust on the headboard ... the room smelled dank and musty. The pool was not in service although it was supposed to be open mid-May. The location is good. I travel a lot, and I think it was overpriced for what it is. I didn't eat the included breakfast but my husband did and he had nothing positive to say about it.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"worst hotel ever, just yuck!"
This was the most disgusting hotel room I have ever been in. Spit and blood on the walls, and when we asked for a refund the hotel management refused. Thankfully Hotels.com relocated us. Yuck!The kachina lodge where we moved to was sooooo much better, they were friendly and the room was great. Days inn is just awful.
1 night business trip May 22, 2015
sattva
"I would stay there again to save money"
Great for the price. I was even able to keep the low rate for another night. The internet was iffy throughout my stay--which may be a Taos issue and not a hotel issue. Not sure. The hotel is obviously a bit old, but everything seems to function just as well. The cleanliness was good, but there's creepy old carpet, so who really knows.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Ellen
"Still "OK", despite loosing their Best Western tie"
Still "OK" despite loosing their Best Western Affiliation.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Kachina Lodge by Michael B Bishop"
This is a nice looking motel from a distance but it is tired and worn out and needs some TLC. Breakfast was OK but the waitress was overworked and needed some help to keep up with the amount of traffic that she had in there for breakfast. The location is great as you can easily walk to the town square.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Older hotel with all of the expected pros and cons"
This is an older hotel and therefore rather charming but extremely dilapidated, with a frustrating dearth of electrical outlets. In terms of security, the bathroom window opened onto a vacant field, the lock was very flimsy, and the glass was cracked. I managed to improve things with a couple of wooden coat hangers but you might consider asking for a second floor room. The location is good, at the north end of town but within walking distance of the central plaza with shops and restaurants. The internet worked well, the full hot breakfast was better than I had expected, and all of the staff were helpful and friendly.
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
Lynne
"Not bad for the price we paid."
Breakfast was made to order, very impressive for the price we pay for hotel stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
"Cochina"
It's the "Cochina" Lodge old, nasty carpet floors but for $50/night what can u expect
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
"A good location in Taos."
This is an older establishment, very well maintained by a very friendly staff in an excellent location with spacious grounds. The pillows are too full and the TV is not new, however the lovely grounds, spacious common interiors, helpful employees and plentiful breakfast far outweigh any of its disadvantages due to age.
1 night trip with friends Apr 29, 2015
"Highly recommend."
Excellent value for the price. Ace location right in town - which most Taos hotels under $100 are not. This is an old hotel with a lot of original charm. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfy, sheets are clean, staff is helpful and pleasant. True - this hotel has not been upgraded since the 70's (NO - there is not shag carpet)but it has been well maintained. This place is appealing, affordable, comfortable and perfectly outfitted to satisfy your needs. Its not fancy and its not modern - but its cool and charming. Definitely recommend for families.
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
Tamar
"Nice Hotel close to the plaza."
Friendly staff checked us in. Nice and spacious room. Quiet and comfortable. Clean sheets and comfy bed. Spacious counter space in the bathroom.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Eli
"The place is filthy, and I mean FILTHY!"
The room was absolutely Filthy, Everything was falling apart, I don't think they've painted in the last 20 years, NO heat, TV was orange and red. The room was so dirty we never wanted to bring food back to eat.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Truly SW NM"
It was a comfortable stay and enjoyed the SW decor. Loved the bed covers
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Antonia
"Charming and affordable"
Comfy bed, good water pressure, friendly staff an guests
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
nanadana
"Nice staff, motel seriously needs upgrading."
The hotel WAS a very nice, Native American-Influenced Design orginally. It has become run down over the years and it seems like it's a work in progress trying to restore it. The room wasn't really clean, sort of shabby. Towels were nice! Public areas were much nicer.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Dr. Craig A.
"Falling into disrepair"
I used to stay here a lot. They have about 10 years of deferred maintenance to deal with.
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
JACKSON
"Nice Motel"
Look, I've been in much worse. For the rate, it is very accomidating. If you are staying for more than a few days... do something with more "comforts". Like a microwave or coffee maker. I honestly, had no complaints... wasn't "wowed", either. Located within walking of the shopping sqaure and a few restaurants/bars.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Less than pleasant!"
I discovered live flying bugs of some sort in the bathroom. It has been a while since staff has cleaned bathroom thoroughly, quite a build-up. Carpet-- frankly should be replaced- not cleaned. I needed ac when I went to bed and heat in the morning before shower. Neither worked. Bad tv reception, NCAA game was visible but barely.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Perfect place for us"
This property has been here for years and years. It is old style but perfect for us. Clean and with helpful friendly staff, and at a perfect location.
2 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
I never took my shoes off, DIRTY. We would have left but it was paid for. The temperature in the room was 85, we were told to turn on the air and open the windows, as the boiler was not working.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Lynn
"the restaurant was dirty and so was the room"
it has went down alot since our last visit won't stay there again
g
"Run-down hotel"
Not planning to stay here again- old stained carpet, water stains in ceiling, mold and bugs in bathroom, holes in shower curtain. The walls are so thin you can hear everything in all the rooms beside and above you. The "hot" breakfast was served half cold and wasn't that great.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Ryan
"Not the greatest."
It was convenient and a good rate but the first room we checked into smelled awful. They did let us move to another room which was better. The next night, there was a party next door starting at 1 a.m. The front desk did get them to quiet down after a pone call and a good pound on the door.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
"Bugs and coffee trick"
The outside of Katchina is beautiful, but our room was pretty bad. Right as I opened the door to our room I was met with a strong smell of urine. The bathroom was not very clean and there were bugs crawling across the floor. The walls were thin and we could hear our neighbor watching tv all night long. The free breakfast in the morning was good, but one thing happened that really bothered me. The waitress had two pots of coffee going, one decaf and one regular. She would only serve the guests out of the decaf pot. I know this because when her friends came in who also worked at the hotel I overheard her telling them to use the pot she wasn't serving with if they wanted caffeine. The coffee was free so I didn't complain, but that is still a nasty trick to play on people.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Tori
The hotel is quiet and comfortable and an easy walk to the old plaza area. The breakfasts are amazing! (!!!!) The room we stayed in was relatively large. The staff were super nice and helpful.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"What a shame...."
The Kachina Lodge is a shadow of it's former self. It has definitely seen better times and is sorely in need of a renovation. Water in the hot tub was not, hot that is, nor did the jets work. The internet connection was so weak we gave up trying to do anything online. I could only find 1 working ice machine a long way from our room. The place is falling apart and I hope the owners are going to do something to restore the Kachina to it's former state.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Could Shine Again"
This property could be a real gem. Large grounds with old growth trees and very run down rooms. The carpet was beyond description and I did not walk on it without shoes. All furniture beat up and dirty. Walls needs a very good washing. We won't be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
"Not the best place to stay."
The Doors don't lock well. The bathrooms are out of date. The smell is so damp and you are better off at a motel...
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Not a fan"
Not a fan
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Renovation needed!"
The location was very convienient but the hotel needs a major major renovation. The rooms also needed major cleaning. The staff was helpful and friendly but I don't think I would stay there again because of the rooms.
4 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
Janet
"Decent price."
I came to ski. This was suitable for what I needed. I am surprised at how hard it is to find a hotel with a coffee maker and bath tub stopper. Elliott was extremely friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
tanya
"Good for value and location"
Nearly instant hot water in showers. Breakfast quick and good. (Individually cooked to order). Nicely located (close to downtown shops) on north end of town which helps avoid traffic on way to ski area. This is my "go to"place to stay for skiing, very good value. Reality check spotty wifi on south side property, rooms old but good heating . Central areas obviously dated but well kept up.
5 night trip Mar 1, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
I picked this location because of the price. The room was clean, but needed some updates. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the hot breakfast. I was satisfied with my stay.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2015
JoanM
"Convienent location and nice and quiet rooms"
Great anniversary celebration. Very enjoyable stay in a nice room.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Cathy
"Winter Wonderland"
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014