All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
413 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
    Ordinary amenities
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
"Never again...."
My wife and I booked this hotel for 1 night before heading to Red River to snowboard. The location was great, but that's it. Right near shops, restaurants, and Taos Brewing. We got there about 10 PM and were informed that we would not be given a key to our room, but we would be let in by someone every time we wanted to enter the room. We parked our car outside our room and waited for someone to let us in. A man in his pajamas opened the door for us and told us to wait an hour for the heat to turn on and was very aggravated that we were going to leave to get food and he would have to "get out of bed again to let us in our room". Also, the bed did not have all of the blankets/comforter so he said someone would bring them later. The room was by far the dirtiest hotel room I have ever been in. Stains on the walls and carpet, dirty bathroom, the toilet seat didn't even fit on the toilet (they were completely different shapes and sizes), and the bed was snug up against the wall heater. We were looking around a little shocked when I noticed a maggot on the bed. Not only was there a maggot, there was 2 maggots!!! I quickly took a picture on my phone to show the woman at the front desk and we ran out of there. We were so shocked by the condition of our room and the bugs in the bed that we knew we couldn't stay there any longer. Went down the street to the Days Inn and had a great experience.
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Cory
"beware if you stay there..>!!"
The first room I had was not in good shape...dirty shag rugs...who has shag rungs anymore?...plus the phone didn't work (was not fixed) and then I discovered a used cigarette on a chair that had been overlooked for days or week..PLUS the outside hallway lights were out and were never fixed. So I was moved to a better room But it seems when you tell them something it goes in one ear and out the other....NEVER saw a maintenance person. On top of that, the hot tub was NOT hot at all. This place needs some serious work. Breakfast the second day was good.
2 night trip Jan 29, 2016
I have family in Taos so I'm not at all unfamiliar with the area or The Kachina however the only reason for the low rating was that there was an overwhelming smell of marijuana and possibly urine in our room once we had the heat on. Otherwise the room was large, bathroom lighting was amazing for doing makeup and hair, walking distance to Michaels Kitchen and my grandfather's home.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
"Comfortable, quiet and good service"
We visited Taos for our wedding anniversary and stayed here because of this hotels location and reasonable pricing. Following up or reservation by phone, we asked them to choose a quiet non-smoking room, which we got. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised that they upgraded us to a very large deluxe room for free. The room did not smell like smoke residue like in some hotels that say they are non-smoking but people still smoke in them. The room and bathroom was older mixed with modern, but clean. The hotels grounds were very quiet and well cared for. There was a light out in the hot tub room and maintenance was prompt to repair it. Hot tub was a little hot and maintenance adjusted it for us promptly. Free breakfast was not the usual sugary continental breakfast you get a budget hotels, but from a breakfast menu with actual eggs and sausage, etc. - satisfying! Very nice dining room with interesting architecture. Though the buildings are old and in need of some updating, we slept like angles and everything worked and was clean. We've been in fancier hotels with dogs barking and doors slamming and this was not the case here. We would stay at this hotel again!
Response by Kachina Lodge Resort Hotel & Meetings Center
Connie, Thank you so much for your positive review! We would love to have you back. We are glad your anniversary went well.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Connie
Great little hotel for the $$. Could use some updating, but again for a room in Taos during ski season for $68, really can't complain!
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Danielle
"Disappointing"
Smelly lobby, dilapidated conditions throughout the lodge,room, lobby and dinning area. No WiFi in the room, WiFi barley worked in the lobby, movies buffered so could not enjoy a movie. Depressing place to stay. Food that should be hot was served cold, orange juice made with hot water. Friendly staff and close to downtown. Run down room was somewhat clean. Would NEVER stay there again under the same run down conditions.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"Awesome!"
Great customer service! And big nice rooms! I really enjoyed my time here and will def come back to stay.
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015
Angele
Nice and affordable place closely located to the heart of Taos
4 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
Curtis
"Not pleased after long drive there."
Room had bed covers off with dirty paper plates on table. Changes rooms and new room had prior occupants move bed and tv so tv was too far from cable outlet so tv didn't work. Had to move tv to a table by front door to work.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2015
first room the TV didn't work so i was upgraded to a suite with a nicer room and better TV
3 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
joseph
Hotel in dire need of remodeling
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
"Great place"
We had a problem in our first room, water leaking from toilet......the staff moved us into a luxury suite, which I thought was very nice of them
1 night trip Nov 9, 2015
Jeffrey
My first and only bad Hotels.com stay. The guest reception was pleasant, but the rest of the experience was terrible. Room was dirty (dead leaves on the bed, dirty bathroom and floors hadn't been vacuumed in a long time). This is fine for a nights sleep although not what was advertised. What caused us to leave was the room next to us, the inhabitants were yelling at each other and then something or someone was slammed into the adjoining wall. At this time one of the participants left and we promptly left while calling the police and notifying the front desk. The front desk apparently knew that this room had a history of arguing and domestic violence and was surprised that the boyfriend was back. We ended up staying in another hotel in town, and they mentioned that the Kachina Lodge is rumored be renting month to month as well. Hotels.com customer service was awesome, but it is disappointing to see such misleading star rating and high reviews. It's also heartbreaking to have overheard the experience and the lack of surprise that this was occuring, thankfully one of the parties left before things escalated to much.
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"This place is in bad shape."
The two positives that I can provide: nice staff at registration and a hot breakfast is included. The hotel itself, however, is in a bad state. Chipped bathroom counters, nasty carpet, torn chair upholstery. I stayed here 10 years ago. It was nothing fancy, but clean and adequate. It has gone downhill and we would NEVER return here again.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Hill Country Su
Built in the 60's, this motor lodge is in dire need of a makeover. The staff was nice, but the hype as a "resort destination" is just not accurate. Our first room smelled bad, had a drippy faucet in tub, had cracks where wall and ceiling were supposed to meet, had stained sheets (although they may have been clean). In fairness, they gave us another room which was a bit better, but no. Very disappointed.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
Garbage was found behind the front door and tv. The couch was terrible. The room was ok and the bathroom was clean. Older tv, updating is necessary.
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
First room dirty, stained bedspread and pillows. Walls needed paint or all condition poor. Was changed into a better room, but still in need of updates.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
"Won't go back"
This place needs a lot of work. Outdated. Dirty. Giant cobwebs in the bathroom windows. Definitely living spiders. Carpet had gum stains and felt dirty. Hard bed. Dirty comforter and pillow sham. Dust and wrappers under the bed when I was looking for my other slipper. Old bleach stained, gray towels. Shower curtain is so paper thin that it stuck to me the entire time I was showering and was all over the floor. No iron and we had to attend a wedding. Front desk wasn't too friendly. Weren't genuine in nature and didn't want to answer a question I had regarding directions. Won't go back.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"Sorry motel! !!!"
These rooms are not, NOT worth 90 dollars a night. The sink wouldn't drain so my husband pulled it up and it was so gross, filled with hair. The blinds were filled with dust and there was cob webs with spiders in the heating vents. I was not pleased at all. When I told the guest services all the said was sorry. Nothing to check it and they seemed like it was nothing out of the ordinary. I recomend this hotel to NO ONE!
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Abel
"Hotel needs an upgrade"
Old hotel badly in need of upgrade. Musty smell in room. Bed linens were clean. Hotel staff was friendly. Walking distance to main plaza in Taos.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Below average hotel in Taos"
From their website I was expecting better. The room to me was dirty, half the tv channels wouldn't come in, the internet was non existent or slow at best, and the phone was missing. The hotel was in a good location, but I would choose something else next time.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
Pat
The hotel staff were very friendly and the huevos rancheros was pretty good. But the room itself needed to be updated. The carpet was filthy and disgusting, bring house shoes. The towels were really small and barely covered you.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
tahda
hotel felt old and run-down. whole sections of hotel were not opened. had to move out of 1st floor room b/c of musty smell and clogged plumbing. upstairs room was dirty with leftover drink still in room fridge.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Taos a place to go."
Once a great hotel it now needs updating, a paint job etc. The tub drain was very slow and we found several spiders residing in corners. The rooms are big and they serve a full breakfast.
2 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
"Ok place, at an ok price"
In its younger years I would imagine this was a nice place. It definitely shows its age! The walls are thin, the decor is aged, even the televisions are out dated. Although it's old and out-dated I didn't feel like it was a "roach motel". The continental breakfast was really good! If you want a decent place to stay at an ok price, this is is the place.
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
Judith
"great place for relaxation."
Excellent service by desk people. Facility is old but clean and well maintained. sinks, tub, etc. are good and clean. TV reception marginal and Internet very slow almost unusable. within walking distance of downtown.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
Ben
Not bad considering the price. Breakfast was minimal but satisfactory. One must keep in mind that it's a 60's motel that needs upgrades. Beds okay. TV's outdated. Staff friendly. Good location.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Breakfast was great! Employee's very friendly. Rooms a little on the dirty side. Not enough towels in the Bathrooms. TV outdated for sure.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
"Don't stay there!"
The Kachina used to be one of the best hotels in the State. It is now in very bad need of paint, and not the bad paint on top of paint it has now, clean carpet, clean bedspreads and the bathrooms need gutted and rebuilt. It is obvious the owners have not put any money in this hotel in 30 years or more.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
"Two star at best"
Our experience began with The desk clerk lectureing me on using a third party to book our room and that I was lucky they got the reservation. The room was dated and that was ok but the carpets were stained, the paint was peeling in the bathroom, we found a dead bug in the bathroom, there was a large spider web on the door frame of the bathroom and the soap dispenser in the shower was broken.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
"Good find..."
Nice, but with any older facility, there will often be minor problems. The staff was helpful, and very quick to remedy. Good location and reasonable rates. Would stay here again, and recommend it to friends.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
Anthony
"Needs work"
The room was stinky! I couldn't tell where the strange Oder came from. There were cushions on the chairs that shouldn't have been there. It's easier to clean wood chairs without cushions. It is an old Hotel, but relatively clean. The price went up sInce I was there last year. It's not worth what I paid.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Holli
"What a disappointment."
Taking that the motel was built in the 60's,it was good looking very good looking and yet deceptive as to what the room was like. We checked in and found our smoking room not smelling of smoke but of musky dirty air. The two wooden chairs were quite uncomfortable, the carpet had cut outs in it and stains. The Bathroom heater was ready to fall of the wall, the stopper in the tub didn't work so no bath was available. The plug on a wall by the bed has a short in it. The T V tube is about to go out no flat screens in rooms. The hallway lights to get to the room were burned out leaving us fumbling down the hall looking for the door .All in all the art decor inside was great. The staff for the most part was cold, breakfast was a joke no service. Guests helped themselves to get drinks, ie coffee juice. Many thanks to the man who came in and bused tables, served drinks,and helped.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
UWE
I like this place, little pricey for what its worth. I also think they need to hire another breakfast server, cause there is always just one waitress, and its very slow. But the food is good.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Enjoyed our Stay at Kachina Lodge!"
Enjoyed our stay. Have stayed there before and will stay again.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
Keith
"Good Stay"
We were there on family business and the location was perfect to get everywhere we needed to be. The dancers were a nice touch. Breakfast was very good and fresh. I was disappointed that the hot tub was not working and a couple more amenities would have helped, i.e. microwave, fridge. This place would be amazing with some investment. I would have liked to have seen it in its heydey! We will stay there again. price very reasonable. Thanks
3 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
"Great spot to stay in Taos"
Easy to find as it's right on the main road into Taos. Nicely kept up on the outside: paint, statues, plants, etc
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Janice
"Awesome spot in Taos"
Room was cute and comfortable. The hotel was in an awesome spot. Within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Breakfast at the coffee shop was great. Staff was very helpful. Definitely a unique spot to stay. Lots of cool picture ops.
3 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
"Anniversary"
It was comfortable and had a great breakfast in the morning. Location is ideal and staff was okay.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Blast from the past"
Great place, wonderful people, loved the decore and grounds, loved the Indian Dancing, the full breakfast was just what we needed to start the day. A perfect place to visit and explore Taos and tour the Enchanted Circle.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Great Place to base from."
Love the dancers nightly. This is a historical hotel and the rooms are somewhat dated, but comfortable, clean and spacious. Breakfast is full plates of food and includes local favorites. Pool is heated and large. Close to shopping and many attractions.
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
Jacque
"great experience"
all good
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Good Solid Place to Stay"
good, clean hotel within walking distance to the plaza and short drive to the Taos Pueblo. Liked that after check in we received a phone call to make sure all was well.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Needs work"
This used to be a nice place---Best Western. It is tired, and in need of lots of work. They gave us a room with a view of the dumpsters, when there were lots of other available rooms. A dirty wash cloth was in our bathroom, and the hotel was clearly short staffed. We moved after one night.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"good value"
old and worn, but quaint in a 1950s sort of way, and a good value
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
gary
Nice scale accommodations, a little worn, but still comfortable. Great 60's design, helpful staff, needs some update in the room. Would recommend it as a decent place, very well located, and quite affordable
1 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
"Good location, but really rundown"
We picked this hotel because it was walking distance to downtown shopping. The lobby was so cute, we thought it was going to be a good southwestern experience. The outside of the building was fine, but the room itself was so outdated. The carpet was so old that it was seriously dirty. The bathroom was so outdated, that it is probably impossible to make it look clean and nice. Yuck! Roomy enough, but bring your own pillow! Both of us slept terrible with big hard pillows. The breakfast was made to order off a menu, included with the room, and that was nice. If you want something close to town at a good price, and you don't plan on being in the room much, it's ok.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Anne
"Some good, some not so good"
The lows: dated property, mildew stains around bathtub, suspicious stain on the upholstered chair, can't really see the TV in most of the room, front desk couldn't change a $10 bill for me upon request. However the included breakfast, nightly native american dancers and heated outdoor pool are nice touches.
2 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"Decades ago the coffee shop hit spot for locals."
Evident that owners are having financial difficulties. Sinks and tub drains slowly, iron in room broken, no refrigerator available as advertised, no coffee pot in room, beds and pillows not comfortable. Staff was the best part of stay. The buildings have a lot of potential and really sad that the lodge lacks renovation and repairs.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Needs a lot of TLC"
I have stayed here at least a dozen times and this stay was our last Management needs to take a serious look at housekeeping. After talking to Ms Webster the front desk manager a full refund was offered and much appreciated.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015