All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
413 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Winter Wonderland"
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Olivia
"Resort Hotel- too old and tired"
The bathroom in this room was soo bad. There was mold and spider webs in the bathroom. We stayed because we [prepaid. Had we not prepaid we would have never stayed. A motel type setting is not for us. The walls were so thin and some young men were right next door. We heard everything they were saying. The carpet was old and stained. the TV was at least 35 years old. The remote did not work. What else ???????
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Find somewhere else to stay"
Kachina Lodge has gone downhill over the past several years. Room service -- awful! We stayed for 3 nights. First morning room was cleaned. Second & third days no service. We believe the maid thought just because our car was parked we were in the room, but she never checked. We had to beg for toilet paper and cups for the room with NO apology whatsoever. No vents in bathrooms so mold growing on ceiling, shower curtain. We love TAOS but Kachina is off our list!
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Taos Getaway"
My friend and I went to New Mexico to check out the area. The Hotel was beautifully decorated southwest style. Personnel were wonderful. Beds totally comfortable. Food delicious.
1 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2015
Jacque
"About what you would expect for the price"
Very large room with nice sitting area, but definitely needed to be cleaned (cobwebs in a few places). Breakfast wasn't anything special but it was a nice bonus that it was free. Great location, 30 minute drive to skiing and walkable to many restaurants and shops. I would definitely recommend this hotel just because of how cheap it was...not a stellar hotel but a great deal for the price
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Christina
"Nice, but old."
Rooms needed to be updated, especially bathrooms. Liked the rustic Indian furniture & decor. Service was great; good hot breakfast.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"Very good value accommodations"
My stay here was well worth the money. The room was clear.n and in good shape for an older hotel. The staff helpful. The included hot breakfast from a limited menu was excellent.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"70's flashback"
Close to town, convenient location. The hotel is in need of a face lift/refurbishing like many hotels in N.M. Hope there are plans for an upgrade. If you want to return to the 70's-----this is it!
2 night business trip Feb 14, 2015
"Kachina"
Overall the hotel needs an update. Not really dirty, just shabby.
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Marc
Room was dirty. The bathroom was old with moldy shower. Upon check in the staff said the bar and restaurant were closed. The thermostat was broken so the heat could not be adjusted Never again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"No Spoons"
Website Advised check-in is 3-6 pm. We arrived 3:30 and room was not ready. We were also told that although they discount for AAA members, we could not use the discount as we had paid online thru Expedia. So, I won't use Expedia again. Our room was a bit stuffy, tired-looking, but comfortable in a C minus kind of way. I had a TV set like this one in the 90's. The 'amenities' included a shower dispenser with shampoo and soap, but no conditioner. There were complimentary long black hairs in the sink. The complimentary breakfast was tasty, but the server said they had no spoons, unapologetically, as if this was just their lot in life. So, don't order cereal or coffee or grits or stew or soup. Because they got no spoons.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Leslie
"OK for the price"
asked for a non-smoking room but there was this weird smell to the room and to the blankets. the hotel rooms seem kind of old and out of shape. could not find the remote for the tv. there is a free breakfast, which is good, however, there a bunch of dead flies in the window in front of us. paid $67 for a single bedroom , including everything, i guess you get what you pay for.
"Comfortable Rooms Lacking Amenities"
Hotel rooms are very comfortable. WiFi was very weak. No coffee or refrigerator in the room. Staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Quick over night stay."
We enjoyed our overnight stay we arrived and were getting settled into our room in no time. Front desk attendant was fast and efficient. Room was warm and cozy and was very welcome after being in Red River all day brrr. Complimentary breakfast was served fast and hot, wait staff was friendly. The hotel is a bit outdated but it's to be expected as i'm sure it is one of the oldest and most historic in Taos. Overall great nights stay. Thanks!
Aragons'
"Never again"
Negatives of the two rooms we had: Dead ants all over the bathroom floor, poor drainage in shower resulting in 3-4" of standing water while showering, leaking toilet, bathroom door didn't shut, water smelled of sewage, carpet felt damp, room service didn't change sheets, heavily stained sheets, chair in one room appeared to have blood on it, sounds of small animals or critters in the walls, exterior lights have switches outside and were switched off, one person in the group's key card stopped working and was able to get it replaced without giving identification or their name being associated with the room, and check out was required.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great Deal"
For the amount I paid this was an incredible deal. Room was large and clean. Front desk was efficient and nice. Property and room is dated, TV did not work, shower was hard to get to work, but again considering the price this was a super deal. Would definetly stay there again.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Alfi
Worked a full day up in Taos...then a relaxing night at Kachina Lodge with rustic grounds and peaceful quiet just blocks from the Plaza and a delicious dinn at the Alr House a 3- min walk away! Nice coffee shop breakfast the next morning too!!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
jeff
"This is an inexpensive facility but works just riw"
Very easy check in and getting into the room. It is a very good location in Taos
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Kitschy, but convenient and friendly."
Aging conference center that overdoes the "Southwestern" thing, but the staff is friendly and helpful and the location is great. Price is good.Breakfast from a menu (not buffet) in the coffee shop is a nice perk (included in room price). They no longer have a bar, though, but said they were hoping to reopen it at some point.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Cat
"Kachina Lodge Taos"
Simple basic rooms, which is fine for us, however the room was not all that clean. Carpet was old and stained too. Perhaps they need to give their cleaning staff more time per room to do the cleaning. The hot breakfast that comes with the room is not a buffet, you order from 5-6 choices on the menu. We were served quickly and it was fine. The breakfast is also served in this interesting round, kitchy, 1960's style room with a giant stylized totem pole in the middle. Kinda fun, I felt like I had gone back to the route 66 days.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Rob
"Ski Weekend in Taos"
The room was ok. The one issue was that there where a couple ants in the bathroom. The free breakfast and location is what makes us decide to return time after time to the Kachina Inn
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"very rustic hotel"
The room was dirty, the carpet was stained and the bed sagged in the middle. The whole motel was in need of a refurbishing. However the free Breakfast was really great.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good breakfast but ok rooms"
It Was good. The people there is great (breakfast is delicious) but the rooms need to be updated as soon as possible. The carpet looks dirty because it's old.
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
NATHALY
"Pueblo Charm"
Charming Pueblo style. Could be updated. Good area.
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
Deloris
"You get what you pay for."
Looks nicer on the pictures. Went to stay the night to go snowboarding. Hot water worked just fine. At first glance the room looked great. Much better than the hotel 6. Some of my towels weren't clean I mean they were washed but stained, looked like makeup. The carpet was super old and not very clean. To tell the truth I sorta felt scared walking barefoot. Had a bit of an issue with restroom window locking. around the bed by the wall it looked like it wasn't clean there was hairs. I'm just going to say I sorta expected it with the price I payed. The biggest complaint I have is that the walls sure sounded super thin I could hear the people next door and the people upstairs. I had requested co joining rooms with my family. But I was placed next door to another couple who was smoking and we were between the joining room. The smoke was coming to my room. The breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
Christopher
"Great find"
Went skiing and it was a great location, close to Taos ski valley but not valley prices. Great breakfast for hungry skiers.
4 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
billy
"Great Value"
The Kachina Lodge is well located for visiting Taos and for skiing at the Taos Ski Valley and while it is very basic in "amenities", the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the free breakfast with green or red chile over eggs is an added bonus.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great hotel for a ski trip"
The room was larger than we expected. And it had everything we needed, including a hot "cooked to order" breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
"I would stay here again."
Very nice older motel. Wonderful staff, clean room. WiFi was intermittant because it's a large property. Free Hot breakfast every morning. About 20 miles from Taos Ski Valley.
3 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Kate
"Great staff"
Close to everything. Nice staff. Clean and convenient.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great Lodge --- !"
Stayed one night with my son, hotel is well located in Taos, grounds and rooms are kept up -- staff nice and friendly. Would recommend to anyone looking for a clean, safe stay in Taos.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Custer66
"Ski weekend!"
The free breakfast and location of the hotel is what got us to book here. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel for ski weekends at Taos and we have no complaints.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
check in went good. Icy steps were not so good. Coffee was as cold, but the chile was hot (which I like) I guess you get what you pay for and I was glad there was heat in my rooms, guess they had trouble in some rooms, but it is an old run down motel.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Old and in need of updating"
This was an affordable stop when I couldn't get closer to Taos ski valley but everything is in need of updating. The staff was very nice and helpful and they do have a nice sit down breakfast included.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"JUST NO"
For almost $190 a night, thought it would at least be clean. The 1st room we got was dirty. I was afraid to walk in there bare foot & there were still hairs in the tub. Hot water didn't work so we moved to another dirty room, with hot water & Uncomfortable beds. No fridge, or microwaves. My little one wanted to take a bath, just couldn't let him. Plain dirty, old,& outdated motel. The only good thing was the made to order breakfast in the main lobby. Not many choices, but it was free. If there's other hotels out there... get those.we had already paid and everything was booked so we couldn't go anywhere else.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"The hotel was dirty and cold and terrible"
The room was filthy and cold and we ended up not staying
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
aw
"pleasant visit"
Very pleasant, little dated but we enjoyed it, it is in Taos after all. Pleasantly surprised that the free breakfast was sit down in the cafe and not a Buffett.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Van
"Never again!"
Rooms were dirty and upholstered furniture was filthy. Ceiling fan was hating by electrical wires. No towels or shampoo/soap/conditioner. Did not feel safe because a note was left at the door that is unfit to post.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"STAY AWAY!!!!!!!! NOT A 2 1/2 STAR FACILITY!!!!!"
Max temp in room was 62 degrees. It was cold.......Went to front desk.... They had a line of space heaters waiting to be checked out. I think they know they have a big problem. Will never stay there again. Should not be a 2 1/2 star facility. 1 star at best. Not enough towels for a party of 4. Front desk says maid service gone for the day. No help. 2nd night no maid service at all. Beds not made. nothing.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Keifer
"no time on new years"
Had to check in an hour late, and had the cleaning staff there an hour early in the morning.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Ricardo
"Good night's stay"
The property is a little bit old and could use some updating and repair, but the staff have kept it in good condition considering the age. The room was quite large and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast menu was good and a nice change from the usual hotel breakfast buffet. When we arrived, we found the heat in our room was not working. The desk clerk immediately got us a new room. The price was also a lot better than most hotels in the area.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Best to call motel directly for a reservation rather than speaking with someone in the Philippines who has no knowledge of the location, let alone the accomodations.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Old but great customer service...."
Old but great customer service. Needs a full update including the restaurant which requires a sense of balance due to the floor dipping in one direction.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Ed
Breakfast needs to be ordered and confused me for free breakfast offer. It is free but you need order at the coffer shop.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Do not stay, no heat!"
The first room was not completely clean. There was a bundle of dirty sheets outside of one of the rooms that hadn't been removed from earlier in the day. 2nd room no heat! I complained to the front desk, desk clerk said that it's an old heating system and it would take up to 45 min to heat up. I waited 45 min still no heat. I called the front desk again I was told that time that it could be 2 to 3 hours. I then drove to the office and asked for a space heater and extra blankets.I was given the space heater but was told that they didn't have extra blankets all that they had were in the rooms on the beds. The desks clerk said she would be off at 11p and that she would go and pull some blakets from a cleaned room and bring them to me. She did which I am very grateful for. We would have frozen worse than what we did without these items. My grandson slept in his winter coat to keep warm. We were supposed to stay 4 nights, we only stayed one.
4 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2014
Dorothy
"Good location, needs more staff"
Pros: The hotel is ideally situated in Taos in a large 1950s style motor court. The rooms are spacious, with comfortable beds and lots of hot water. Cons: The hotel was severely understaffed for our visit. The toilet in our room became clogged the first time we used it and there was no one on staff available to fix it. Also, the remote control on the tv was not working, likely the result of a dead battery. The reception desk clerk asked if I would mind coming to the lobby for a plunger and a battery. I did -- who wants to be without a functioning toilet - but when I got to the lobby there was no plunger or spare battery to be had. The wifi was non-existent. The hotel was unable to print me a copy of our receipt because their printer was down. The final straw was the horrendous experience in the coffee house. The room comes with an advertised free full breakfast. The food was abysmal; the coffee cold and bitter. There was only one waitress for the entire coffee shop and she was harried trying to clean tables, take orders, and bring food and refills. I witnessed a number of guests leave in disgust after waiting for 20 minutes for a cup of tea or coffee that never came.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Edward
"Nice and close to ski valley"
The staff was very helpful. The hot tub was awesome after snowboarding! The coffee shop brought back old memories and made new ones for my son. The choice of hot breakfasts was great. No bought doughnuts here!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Cindy
"Very disappointed"
Very disappointed. When we entered the 1st room the beds were still not made up yet. Another room was allocated to us. However, we found all the dirty linen/ bedding and dirty towels still in the this room. Breakfast venue was dirty and under staffed. We decided to go and eat somewhere else.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Christmas in Taos"
Room was cold, few or no amenities.TV had about 4 channels. This room needed to be totally remodeled. It was clean and the price was cheap. Restaurant was closed. It was on the main street but away from the square.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Used to be decent, but gone downhill"
If we could have not had the stomping people upstairs, the screaming kids/yelling dad next door, and the two barking dogs the stay would have been great. Luckily I have the whitenoise app on my phone and took a sleeping pill so I could sleep. I went to the office but then found out that the room with the dogs and screaming kids was where she lived.. so I didn't want to complain b/c I didn't want to get her in trouble (it is the holidays... and she did take care of the barking dogs after a couple of hours.. and she was friendly.) The other main issue was they didn't have daily house keeping. We got back from skiing and our room was like it was when we left. I called and they brought more towels but said that housekeeping wasn't daily??? NOW, this is a problem especially when they charge a daily "resort" fee when you book the room. I expect daily house keeping, with that charge the room cost as much as the hyatt place that I stay in when I'm in Ft Lauderdale! I normally stay here b/c one it is cheap and I'd rather do multiple ski trips vs blowing all of my money on lodging.. and two it is one of the closest to the Taos ski valley without staying up at the resort, but I'm not sure if I will stay again. They really need to clean the place up work on maintenance. Just lazy management in my opinion.
4 night family trip Dec 20, 2014