All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here413 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Great staff"
Close to everything. Nice staff. Clean and convenient.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great Lodge --- !"
Stayed one night with my son, hotel is well located in Taos, grounds and rooms are kept up -- staff nice and friendly. Would recommend to anyone looking for a clean, safe stay in Taos.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Custer66
"Ski weekend!"
The free breakfast and location of the hotel is what got us to book here. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel for ski weekends at Taos and we have no complaints.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
check in went good. Icy steps were not so good. Coffee was as cold, but the chile was hot (which I like) I guess you get what you pay for and I was glad there was heat in my rooms, guess they had trouble in some rooms, but it is an old run down motel.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Old and in need of updating"
This was an affordable stop when I couldn't get closer to Taos ski valley but everything is in need of updating. The staff was very nice and helpful and they do have a nice sit down breakfast included.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"JUST NO"
For almost $190 a night, thought it would at least be clean. The 1st room we got was dirty. I was afraid to walk in there bare foot & there were still hairs in the tub. Hot water didn't work so we moved to another dirty room, with hot water & Uncomfortable beds. No fridge, or microwaves. My little one wanted to take a bath, just couldn't let him. Plain dirty, old,& outdated motel. The only good thing was the made to order breakfast in the main lobby. Not many choices, but it was free. If there's other hotels out there... get those.we had already paid and everything was booked so we couldn't go anywhere else.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"The hotel was dirty and cold and terrible"
The room was filthy and cold and we ended up not staying
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
aw
"pleasant visit"
Very pleasant, little dated but we enjoyed it, it is in Taos after all. Pleasantly surprised that the free breakfast was sit down in the cafe and not a Buffett.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Van
"Never again!"
Rooms were dirty and upholstered furniture was filthy. Ceiling fan was hating by electrical wires. No towels or shampoo/soap/conditioner. Did not feel safe because a note was left at the door that is unfit to post.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"STAY AWAY!!!!!!!! NOT A 2 1/2 STAR FACILITY!!!!!"
Max temp in room was 62 degrees. It was cold.......Went to front desk.... They had a line of space heaters waiting to be checked out. I think they know they have a big problem. Will never stay there again. Should not be a 2 1/2 star facility. 1 star at best. Not enough towels for a party of 4. Front desk says maid service gone for the day. No help. 2nd night no maid service at all. Beds not made. nothing.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Keifer
"no time on new years"
Had to check in an hour late, and had the cleaning staff there an hour early in the morning.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Ricardo
"Good night's stay"
The property is a little bit old and could use some updating and repair, but the staff have kept it in good condition considering the age. The room was quite large and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast menu was good and a nice change from the usual hotel breakfast buffet. When we arrived, we found the heat in our room was not working. The desk clerk immediately got us a new room. The price was also a lot better than most hotels in the area.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Best to call motel directly for a reservation rather than speaking with someone in the Philippines who has no knowledge of the location, let alone the accomodations.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Old but great customer service...."
Old but great customer service. Needs a full update including the restaurant which requires a sense of balance due to the floor dipping in one direction.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Ed
Breakfast needs to be ordered and confused me for free breakfast offer. It is free but you need order at the coffer shop.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Do not stay, no heat!"
The first room was not completely clean. There was a bundle of dirty sheets outside of one of the rooms that hadn't been removed from earlier in the day. 2nd room no heat! I complained to the front desk, desk clerk said that it's an old heating system and it would take up to 45 min to heat up. I waited 45 min still no heat. I called the front desk again I was told that time that it could be 2 to 3 hours. I then drove to the office and asked for a space heater and extra blankets.I was given the space heater but was told that they didn't have extra blankets all that they had were in the rooms on the beds. The desks clerk said she would be off at 11p and that she would go and pull some blakets from a cleaned room and bring them to me. She did which I am very grateful for. We would have frozen worse than what we did without these items. My grandson slept in his winter coat to keep warm. We were supposed to stay 4 nights, we only stayed one.
4 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2014
Dorothy
"Good location, needs more staff"
Pros: The hotel is ideally situated in Taos in a large 1950s style motor court. The rooms are spacious, with comfortable beds and lots of hot water. Cons: The hotel was severely understaffed for our visit. The toilet in our room became clogged the first time we used it and there was no one on staff available to fix it. Also, the remote control on the tv was not working, likely the result of a dead battery. The reception desk clerk asked if I would mind coming to the lobby for a plunger and a battery. I did -- who wants to be without a functioning toilet - but when I got to the lobby there was no plunger or spare battery to be had. The wifi was non-existent. The hotel was unable to print me a copy of our receipt because their printer was down. The final straw was the horrendous experience in the coffee house. The room comes with an advertised free full breakfast. The food was abysmal; the coffee cold and bitter. There was only one waitress for the entire coffee shop and she was harried trying to clean tables, take orders, and bring food and refills. I witnessed a number of guests leave in disgust after waiting for 20 minutes for a cup of tea or coffee that never came.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Edward
"Nice and close to ski valley"
The staff was very helpful. The hot tub was awesome after snowboarding! The coffee shop brought back old memories and made new ones for my son. The choice of hot breakfasts was great. No bought doughnuts here!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Cindy
"Very disappointed"
Very disappointed. When we entered the 1st room the beds were still not made up yet. Another room was allocated to us. However, we found all the dirty linen/ bedding and dirty towels still in the this room. Breakfast venue was dirty and under staffed. We decided to go and eat somewhere else.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Christmas in Taos"
Room was cold, few or no amenities.TV had about 4 channels. This room needed to be totally remodeled. It was clean and the price was cheap. Restaurant was closed. It was on the main street but away from the square.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Used to be decent, but gone downhill"
If we could have not had the stomping people upstairs, the screaming kids/yelling dad next door, and the two barking dogs the stay would have been great. Luckily I have the whitenoise app on my phone and took a sleeping pill so I could sleep. I went to the office but then found out that the room with the dogs and screaming kids was where she lived.. so I didn't want to complain b/c I didn't want to get her in trouble (it is the holidays... and she did take care of the barking dogs after a couple of hours.. and she was friendly.) The other main issue was they didn't have daily house keeping. We got back from skiing and our room was like it was when we left. I called and they brought more towels but said that housekeeping wasn't daily??? NOW, this is a problem especially when they charge a daily "resort" fee when you book the room. I expect daily house keeping, with that charge the room cost as much as the hyatt place that I stay in when I'm in Ft Lauderdale! I normally stay here b/c one it is cheap and I'd rather do multiple ski trips vs blowing all of my money on lodging.. and two it is one of the closest to the Taos ski valley without staying up at the resort, but I'm not sure if I will stay again. They really need to clean the place up work on maintenance. Just lazy management in my opinion.
4 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Gregory
"Disappointed."
I have been staying at this hotel a couple times a year for the last three years. I'm a big beleiver of "you get what you pay for" which is why I've never left a bad review for kachina. However, this motel has declined to a point where it is now necessary. Stained floors, stained sheets, stained chairs. I called the front desk about the cleanliness of the sheets and I was told they were busy the night before so the sheets didn't get as good of a wash so they were probably just stains. As for getting some clean towels or towels for the hot tub, I was told they were out of towels and didn't know where the key was for more. The free breakfast I can't review because both mornings we waited for 15 minutes before we even got a drink and after another 10-15 before ordering, we left. The breakfast area was full and no one had food so we figured we should go. The door to the room would not close all the way unless we slammed it as hard as we could, this seemed To be the case for most of them since we heard slamming doors all night. The motel has continued to decline with every trip so unfortunately I cannot even justify a get what you pay for response any longer.
2 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
"Once a very nice hotel, needs serious attention"
Upon arrival, we noticed that the bed linens appeared worn and dirty; towels appeared to be used, and the room was extremely dirty. Paint, carpet, and fixtures had not been updated in what appears to be years. We could not get the heat in the room to rise above 60 degrees, which made for a miserable December experience. Electrical outlets are 2 prong, which prevented the use of electronics with a modern power cord. We found ants and spiders in the bathroom, walls were soiled, and the handle to the water came off when we tried to take a shower. When we spoke to the manager about the situation, he nodded his head and told us there was nothing he could do and to contact Expedia. I typically do not complain about little things out of order, however, these conditions are unacceptable after having paid a premium rate.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Traveler
"I felt like a staff is not helping at all"
one front office staff charlotte has an attitude, i ask for a shuttle service she said they dont have one when in fact other staff said they do have it at certain time but as what charlotte said that i should rent a car since they dont have that service.
6 night trip Dec 12, 2014
Prodel
"Never again"
First room had no sheets on the bed and bathroom was nasty
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Taos, early December"
Check in was flawless. Hotel area much larger than expected. Outside appearance fit the Taos area nicely. Room a little tired. Stained bedspread, carpet needs to be replaced, television set from another era. Housekeeping did a good job with what they had. Climate control did the job nicely. Price was right.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Showing it's age."
Overall the hotel was old but comfortable. We had a non smoking room and believe that the room next to us was a smoking room because we could smell cigarette smoke every once and a while. The walls between the rooms were thin we could here the neighbor coughing and smell his food and cigarettes.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Flint
"Taos-Thanksgiving"
Great time, as usual. The only problem I had was not being able to connect to the internet in my room.
4 night trip Nov 26, 2014
Jesus
"Very dissapointing"
It appeared that this room had not been occupied in quite a long time, or it was not cleaned very well. There were spider webs (with spiders) in the corners, and a few bugs on the bathroom floor. The overall condition of the room was sad; it is desperately needing a remodel. There were cracks in the drywall, and the tub was discolored. The original room description included a mini refrig and microwave, neither of which were provided. The room did not include a coffee maker, either, but the motel did provide one upon request. Finally, the TV cabinet was poorly positioned (in front of the door) and the TV reception was snowy. This will be the last time I stay at this hotel.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Heidi
"Nice Hotel and great breakfast!"
Nice Hotel and great breakfast! Clean, big rooms and great staff
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Nice hotel which is close to the Taos Plaza."
I was there for only one night, but it was quiet and a comfortable place to stay. It is a good location for visiting the Plaza area as well as the museums around Taos. It is also close enough to the ski area without being super expensive.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Otis
"Nice for the price"
Was nice and comfortable for the price. The maid was rude because I was staying an hour later then check out time. I left at 12. Other than that was an overall nice stay with my bf.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
CarrieAnnM
"Alright, but..."
Wasn't really kept. The beds were absolutely comfortable but service was umresponsive, the housekeeping's idea of cleaning was just fixing the covers, not even taking out the trash. And they need to update their TVs.
2 night business trip Nov 25, 2014
Rosita
"Still kicking but has seen better days"
Stayed here during a ski trip to taos more than a decade ago and had pleasant memories. Hotel hasn't changed much, which isn't good after all this time. Still felt comfortable but the fact that wee beasties could fit under the door, paint was peeling, tub very slow to drain gave negative marks to an otherwise nice room. Comfortable bed,well decorated, GREAT (although small) breakfast. I'd stay here again, but hope for some basic remodeling.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
Andy
"Tired, pleasent, but great location"
"Classic" means tired. But the location is great and the people are nice. Architecture quite interesting. If you are on a tight budget and like to walk to see the center of Taos, this is the place for you. If you want sparkling luxury, go somewhere else.
7 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Walking distance to shops,easy to find"
I like the decor,native,southwestern but needs update,esp.the carpet.Staff are nice & accommodating.There was snow when we arrived & since it takes a while before the whole room gets warm,it was nice that a maintenance guy was sent by the front desk immediately brought us a space heater to keep us warm while waiting for the centralized heater to warm up the whole room. Room is clean,but furnitures & TV outdated ,towels are fluffy,not absorbent,leaves stuff on your skin.top bed sheet is rough & itchy to the skin. Internet very slow & gets disconnected most of the time while you are using it. I think once they update the place it will be very nice bec. Of the location & the surroundings-lots of Noel fir pine trees,beautiful,spacious ground.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Jess
"Convenient location, but..."
Old hotel in need of major renovations. Bathroom tile had mildew, toilet was stopped up before I ever used it! Worn carpet, walls dirty and in need of paint. Advertised "free wireless available all rooms", no wireless signal available in the building in which my room was located.
"Family Trip with the Fur Kids"
We live in Albuquerque, so Taos is a short trip. We went to get away with our dogs and to visit The Taos Mesa Brewery for a concert perfomed by our local friends. Check in was fast and they gave us a large comfortable room. The hotel is a lovely portrayal of New Mexico life. The Retro feel is what we love and can't believe there are such snobs to rate this quaint place only a 2.5 out of 5. Price was one of the lowest available in the area with a central Taos location. The breakfast that was included would have cost $7-10 elsewhere, Pancakes w/ bacon and endless cup of coffee with a lovely view of their landscaping! Even in a beautiful little courtyard they were burning Pinon and making the grounds fragrant and YES very New Mexico! Were the fixtures older? Yes. Was the TV vintage tube style? Yes. But, the space was clean and comfortable. We have stayed at The Kachina many times that we have stayed in Taos and will stay there many more as we continue to absorb the wonders of Northern New Mexico! 5 STARS! This place is TAOS and NORTHERN NEW MEXICO!
Jay
Helpful staff, good location, hot breakfast, pleasant environment.
The breakfast was highly disappointing and the electricity was a little scary but other than that the stay was very pleasant.
Staff were very helpful and flexible in accommodating our group of international guests had flight problems and arrived late, requiring use to change our reservations.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
Robinson
I would stay here again.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2014
"Southwest charm"
Kachina Lodge is a wonderful place of Taos charm. Renovations need to be made but it is a great place to stay. Great breakfast with stay. We'd do it again.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Adobe motel for good value"
Liked the motel, old style for Taos. Room was dated and furnishings too old. Good breaffast and loved the coffee shop. Recomemnd.
1 night trip Nov 12, 2014
Lynn
"Lobby coffee"
Hotel advertises coffee in lobby but hours are only 7am-10:30 am. Hot breakfast was tasty but child-size portion.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Bruce
This hotel is a gem. The staff is wonderful, the rooms comfortable, the grounds are beautiful, and the price is right.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Bakers
"THUNDER BROTHERS ROAD TRIP"
On a Harley Motorcycle Road Trip we were pleasantly surprised by the nice condition of the rooms, and that the staff made a conscious effort to assign us rooms at an end cap where our noise would least offend other guests. That was great. We stayed 2 days. My only suggestion would be that a refrigerator and microwave be placed in the rooms that we stayed in and that the TV's should be upgraded to flat screens. I would stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2014
MIKE
"Kachina Inn Taos,NM"
Location is amazing. They need a facelift on the rooms. A bit too "rustic"
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
mark
"Great basic room, PERFECT location!"
I took a two-day solo birding vacation to Taos and I needed a basic, cheap room. This place was perfect! It is an older, basic lodge but it served its purpose. The king bed was comfy, the TV worked, the heater was very slow but worked, the lighting was dim but fine, and it seemed safe and secure. The lodge staff was awesome! The location is SO convenient! I walked everywhere and it was awesome. It's right next to a great restaurant and a park. I will DEFINITELY be staying here again!!!
2 night trip Oct 23, 2014
Krista
"Outdoor pool closed, no indoor spa started yet..."
Our concierge informed us the pool was closed as of that morning (had traveled all morning specifically to get to the hotel to relax at pool and spa and nice dinner). THen he informed us that the indoor spa wasn't open up yet. Checked back later for area map and recommendations on restaurants...told us their outdoor fire pit area was having a native dance show (Pow-Wow later on). Rushed out to dinner and raced back to hotel only to find that the performance had been canceled as well. A real disappointment all the way around. Our free continental breakfast was in their 'restaurant' where we were offered several choices and it was dine in style only- had to wait quite a bit of time in the morning before we could get out site seeing because they only had 1 waitress on and it took a while to get our orders, let alone wait for the food. Once arrived, the food was decent, but nothing exceptional there either. I would not go back here. Also, while awaiting our turn at the desk for an area map, the concierge misunderstood 2 separate clients and screwed up their rooms, telling the first lady that she had booked 2 nights (on an internet site which she had not- in fact she had contacted the hotel directly to ensure they had handicap services for her mother). Then, the next couple checked in and I heard the desk clerk state- oh no- can you go get that lady that just went out to the parking lot, I mixed up the reservations. Not impressed. The hotel rooms were fine.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014