All hotels in Starkville, Mississippi, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here119 Highway 12 W, Starkville, MS, 39759, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.6
"Older hotel but ok"
This is an older hotel. The first room we were given already had someone in it. Thankfully the man had the drapes open and he was sitting close to the window so we didn't try and unlock the door. The second room was clean and smelled like it had just been cleaned. There was not any toilet paper so we had to call the office. The bathroom door knob was broken or loose so we didn't close the door all the way since we didn't know if we would be locked in. Over all it was quiet and we slept well.
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
Glynda
"Worth a discount motel rate"
Ok for a less than $100 motel, not worth higher rates
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Never again"
Never again will I stay there the pillows was bad. The bathrooms was terrible. Paint cracking. For the cost it was way below standards. We left and did not even stay the 2nd. night. Parking was not good either. Not happy with Hotels.com either again book with You. Will do my own booking next time.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Shirley
"Convenient to MSU"
Adequate for a night's stay when in Starkville, older but clean, very nice staff
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Anthony
"Good one nighter"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean but the bathroom needs an upgrade. The bed was very comfortable. The tub handle wasn't attached. Breakfast the next morning was without waffles. The setup person did not turn on the waffle maker nor did she oil it.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"I was surprised!"
I was looking for a place to stay, just for one night. Looked around at different hotels in the area and this one was rated pretty much lower than any other. I only booked a room because the price was fair and it was only one night. The front desk guy was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed and pillows very comfortable. I guess the place went through a makeover because it was all really nice. It was a great experience and a restful night for sure.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Esteban
"Only option on gameday"
Dead bugs in the bathroom, broken door latch and shower curtain, and the TV might as well should have been black and white with bunny ears couldn't see anything
"Friendly Staff-Smoking Hotel"
Everyone was extremely friendly. Unfortunately we did not realize it was a smoking room until the next morning. We booked a non smoking room.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Scott D
"Nice hotel near MSU"
I attended a conference in MSU Oct 2014. I stayed four days at this hotel. The hotel is well maintained, the staff is very nice and there are grocery stores and restaurants nearby the hotel if you don't have a car. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Nounou
"Nice hotel in Starkville"
A nice place to stay. Great staff!! I'll stay again!!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
This is definitely not a swanky hotel, but nor is it priced as such. The sheets and towels were very thin, but clean. The bed was comfortable, though the pillows were not. Basically what you'd expect for the price EXCEPT our nonsmoking room had a faint smell of old smoke, as if they hadn't changed the carpet when they changed its status. Not overwhelming, but definitely noticeable.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Horrible Stay....Horrible Service"
We went to Starkville for the MSU vs. Texas A&M ballgame. This was my husband's birthday gift. We arrived late because we attended other festivities. I phoned and let them know we would be late. When we arrived, there was only one person working and a line of people checking in. We got in our room and discovered there were ants. Ants in the room, ants in the bathroom, ants on the vanity, ants everywhere. I immediately phoned the front desk. The only response was "Sorry we are booked up. There is nothing I ca do" She brought us a can of ant spray. Really? When I asked for a discount or refund she laughed and asked "Where do you think you can go?" Really??? I have never had such a horrible experience in my life. I literally was scared for my kids to touch anything. I can assure you we will never go back.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Olivia
"Okay for the price."
This is an older hotel but okay for the price. Staff were helpful.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Faith
"Great place for traveling construction workers"
If you want to have construction workers hanging out smoking, drinking and being loud in front of your room this is for you! The place was dark and smelly with god awful stained carpet and ancient bedding. It needs be painted and completely overhauled. The air conditioning worked, and the shower was hot that's the best I can say.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Decent place to stay! Nice pool. :)
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2014
Macakvb
"stay somewhere else"
booked a smoking room, was told none available. walked around found 4 smoking rooms empty. room I was in had cracked tub, loose toilet seat , interior door handle fell off. staff did not clean room anytime during 3 day stay and only gave fresh towels when complained to front desk.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
mike
The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We did not try the breakfast, so I can't comment on that.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Brian C
"Convenient, comfortable, easy parking , comfy."
Easy to find! Comfy! Nice staff. Great parking! We enjoyed our stay!!
Other trip May 12, 2014
"closest hotel to my location needs."
My stay was fine. the room was clean and the bed comfortable, however the bath towels were worn thin and tattered. Upon my arrival the desk clerk checked me in and gave me my ""tentative bill"; it was $42.00 dollars LESS than my Hotels.com rate ! Happy to say that Hotels.com refunded the difference after a quick phone call..All is still well. Thanks, J.Wells
3 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Jack
Ice machine broken, vending machine broken, waffle maker broken, room refrigerator frozen up.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Disgusting wreck"
For the price we pail we expected better. The room we dated and filthy. They had to switch out first room because it was so nasty and lacked maintenance. Our "upgraded room" was simply bigger and still no more luxurious. We will never stay there again. This was our first time at a Days Inn and probably our last.
3 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Josie
"Close to Campus, but dated"
The Days Inn was a good value for the dollars, but the very limited breakfast and the outdated bathroom did not make for an overall great impression. If you are on a budget, this is a fine choice, but is it not luxurious at all. The in room fridge and microwave were a definite plus, but the left-over musty/smoky smell in the lobby really made an uncomfortable first impression. I know this motel has been there for forever, and it's time for a few upgrades to keep pace with their competition!!
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Close to campus, food"
The huge crowd at this hotel was construction workers and truck drivers. They did not smoke in the room but they were heavy smokers on the walk ways, including the desk clerk. We spent our short time on campus and in restaurants.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Refrigerator and tv remote did not work. Could not get in my room until 4 pm. Carpet needed shampooing. Next time I will look at room before I pay.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"don't do it!"
The overall appearance of the hotel was ok & what I expected from the reviews I read prior to my arrival HOWEVER, the other patrons were not respectful to the people that wanted to sleep at 1:00, 3:00, & 4:00am! Very loud talking, laughing, cars coming & going all night. I would recommend spending a few more dollars & stay up the street.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Patsy
"Not the nicest, but good for a night's stay"
It wasn't the nicest hotel, but good for the price. The breakfast wasn't much. Hardly worth getting up for. Other than that, it was good.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
"This hotel needs to be cheaper."
It is completely overpriced for the condition of the room and the facilities. I've stayed in hotels that were cheaper and were a whole lot better. If I had paid $45 of less for this hotel I would not be saying a thing. But...they need to upgrade if they want to charge anymore than that with the facilities they have.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Frankie
"Should have contacted hotel directly"
Hotel was ok. Not the cleanest for the paid price. Should have contacted hotel directly to get the room in much lower price.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
N
"Cheap price"
For the price of the Hotel it was a comfortable stay. Not the best kept place but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly.
2 night trip Feb 2, 2014
The shower head was completely missing, hair dryer did not work and there was not a working replacement. We had to ask for another set of towels. There were only 2 sets in a double room.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
2 nights in a row our key would not work, the housekeeping staff was very loud hollering and talking very loud outside the room. It was past the breakfast time but my boyfriend asked for a glass of milk at 9:20 am because he had really bad heartburn and the lady made a ugh sound and when he had asked and she was not friendly.
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Close to MSU campus"
I have stayed in worse, water was hot for shower, beds were comfortable,staff were friendly.Cost of room was high for the hotels condition, but of coarse I realize there was a SEC football game in town and they have to get the $ while they can. Could use an update...
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Bobby
"Old hotel, comfy beds, very large room, clean"
I had read a review of the hotel before my stay, so I knew what to expect. The hotel was old, but, the room was very large, comfy beds, clean, fridge, microwave, and all the little stuff like shampoo and stuff. The staff was very nice and for the price, I would stay again. Plus I had booked a 1 king bed room, but, when we got there, we had to king beds, great stay. We had also arrived very late due to car trouble, so I called ahead, they were so nice!
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Ellen
very ordinary
2 night trip Oct 6, 2013
"MINI VACATION"
WE WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE STAFF AND ROOM. IT WAS CLEAN AND VERY COMFORTABLE. WE WERE ABLE TO HAVE OUR LITTLE PET WITH US ALSO. HE WAS SO GOOD. THERE WAS COMPLETE QUITNESS AND HE DID NOT BARK AT ALL.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
DIANE
"Close to destination"
Overall the stay was acceptable except for the noise from the neighboring room. There was an adjoining door to the next room. The other people in the adjoining room were loud.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Convenient to MSU"
We were in Starkville for one night for move in day. We were only at the hotel long enough to sleep. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The rooms were much larger than we thought they would be.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Comments"
Staff and location were good. The hotel needs to be renovated. The room smelled of smoke although it was suppose to be non smoking. The counter top vanity was detached from the wall. The door had a chain lock like you would see on a door in a home. They had a bunch of workers there that was hanging outside of their rooms which made my daughter and i very uncomfortable. I would not stay there again.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2013
Terri
"Great location, poor hotel service, etc"
Poor quality of hotel service. I went with a group and I have to wait because the attendant decided that he has to go, so I have to wait for another office clerk to complete my check-in. The office was full at that time. Another person in my group received a key to a room that was already assigned and occupied. Surprise!! Cleanliness of the room was bad too. I was afraid to sit on the bedcover; I removed it completely instead. The carpet does not look good either; bring some sandals to walk on it. Even though was a non-smoking room, it smelled like an astray. Location was the best of all, if you do not mind the other factors.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
L T
"everything was clean"
very nice personnel at check in and check out ......................................................................................
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Some improvement can be done in rooms. such as new up date tv, big cracks in doors
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
Days inn
"Check the rooms before you rent them"
Upon arrival baby powder was found on the bathroom floor. That indicated to me that the bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned. When we tried to call the front desk, we found that the phone didn't work. We called the front desk from the cell phone and were assured it would be fixed. Before we left in the morning (2-night prepaid Expedia room-no refund), these problems were expressed as well as the mold on the shower curtain and the holes in the wall. I was assured most of them would be tended to prior to our arrival back to the room. We arrived back at 9pm and nothing had been done. The floor still had powder, the phone still was broken and the shower curtain still had mold. I will never stay there again. I did inform the front desk that the only reason we stayed the second night was because the room was prepaid. I was absolutely disappointed.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
"NIce location...close to everything"
The rooms were ok. Had to get additional facecloths because it was only 2 in the room. The mattress on the pull out bed was very dirty.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Leisure Trip"
The hotel was runned down and not 3 minutes from my destination....internet information is very misleading. Air barely worked and no hot water. Area was just nasty all around. I will not stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"Give the room a thorough check before you unpack"
I came back from England a day early for work in Starkville. All the other local hotels were outrageously priced, and this seemed the most reasonable choice. Long story short, the staff were friendly, but the rooms were in desperate need of upkeep and maintenance. There is only so much a cleaning staff can do, so I don't put the entire problem on them. The drain lever in my tub was broken (literally, half of it was missing), so the water from my showers collected in the tub and I had to manually drain it. Mind you, I could have requested a different room, but I was working 16 hour days and had no time to repackaged and unpack in a new room; besides, this was the second time I changed rooms during my stay. Anyway, the cleaning staff were nice, but only did a basic cleaning. They never cleaned the tub, I can tell you that. Nor did they clean my coffee pot. But, the floors were perfect, the bed was comfy, and the hotel was right down the road from the university, which was where I was working. The stay wasn't a bad experience, just a bit inconvenient for the hygiene -conscious person that likes a shower more than once every few days. The room came with a fridge and microwave, which is more than I can say for some of the nicer hotels I've stayed at.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
I never did get to stay the night due to lots of loud noise and other situations in the room nearby. The Days Inn front desk was real nice about me and my friend leaving.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
"Big party weekend for some people!"
The hotel is fine, however, there was some kind of huge party going on all night long in the parking lot. The next day I inquired about all of the people and was told that this "blue and white"event is held once a year and was the night that we stayed there. I wish that we would have known about this before we made reservations so that we could have stayed somewhere far away from there and could have gotten some sleep! It was also a little scary! I still rated the hotel nice since we stayed there before and the hotel itself is fine.
Other trip Apr 30, 2012