All hotels in Starkville, Mississippi, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here119 Highway 12 W, Starkville, MS, 39759, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.6
Business trip May 19, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Days Inn & Suites Starkville

"Exceedingly Disappointed!"
05/21/15 Jena M Jackson, Mississippi
Stayed at Days Inn for one night for son's graduation from MSU. We booked months in advance, and truthfully, we had no other options as hotels around town were already full. Typically, I would have avoided Days Inn as a bottom tier hotel. However, I believed that the chain had made significant improvements and was now on par with other budget hotels--Not. (At least not this one). The bathtub had been painted (unbelivable) and the paint was peeling. There was a roach in the room. And to top it all off, we teceivef a wake up call--we didn't ask for--at 5:30 Saturday morning. Had there been vacancies at any other hotel, we would have never stayed! The icing on the cake--this quality room cost $121 a night. To me, that seems to be on the higher end for a budget hotel. We wouldn't have objected to the price, but for the the totally unacceptable condition of the room. This review is not directed at the employees, because I'm sure they are doing the best they can. Instead, it is meant to galvanize owners/management into addressing these issues before the public loses complete confidence in the chain.
"Not Too Good"
05/18/15 Jr/Andrew W Milton, Pennsylvania
I realize humidity is a problem in Mississippi, but, the mold growing on the ceiling of my room was not unavoidable. Would not recommend to someone with allergies. Not sure if it was the mold or the scent that seemed to emanate from the air conditioner when you turned it on. May have had an air "freshener" inside. Get rid of that! Nor was the shower ceiling that looks to have collapsed awhile ago and only had a patch job to cover it. For the $'s I paid for my three nights you could get it finished. The hotel looked to be used mainly by construction crews in the area. Location was close to MSU and a couple restaurants, not sure I would have walked to them, though. Room looked old, furniture was not good. Electric outlets were loose in the walls. Internet worked.
"starkville"
05/17/15 johnhK7736KX forest, mississippi
Was all good but the desk clerk was told the wrong name of internet connection. Could never get a good connection till the next morning when I figured out which one it was suppose to be. Told her of the mistake so should be all good.
"Very unhappy with Days Inn & Suites Starkville"
05/12/15 wthomas6 Milford, Delaware
I had an emergency which caused a cancellation of this booking. Days Inn would not budge from their non-refundable stance so I had to pay for two days without actually staying in the room. I don't plan to use Days Inn ever again.
"Amazing customer service !!!!!"
05/05/15 INTSTAR Memphis, Tennessee
I've stayed at this particular location several time's over the last few months. While visiting , I noticed how conditions were declining. I've stayed in a few rooms that have plumbing problems. Wake up the next morning and the entire vanity area , and bathroom flooded. No apparent leaks coming from the pipes in the rooms I stayed in ,,,, However there is water coming from somewhere ... Have voiced several complaints to the NUMEROUS clerks that be on staff ... Can NEVER talk to the manager or owner , whose NEVER available ... Left numerous messages with contact info... No response.. He/ she doesn't want to address customer complaint's... The only reason I've been tolerant , this is the only motel in the Wyndham family in the immediate area , without traveling an additional 20 miles.....
"Days Inn Starkville"
05/02/15 IlliniTravel101 Champaign
My second stay at this property. An OK motel. A little threadbare in spots but clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet. Lots of workers stay there as the lot was full of work trucks but it was pretty quiet. Did not reek of disinfectant like other budget properties (are you listening Super 8?) I would stay there again. Very helpful and friendly staff. Internet very slow. Check out Petty's BBQ down the street. Typical carb heavy breakfast which we skipped. Try the Starkville Cafe on Main Street.
"Starkville, Mississippi"
04/26/15 Souljh
My husband,son, and I rented the nonsmoking double. When we arrived, we had to unplug the TV to plug up the microwave. We had to reswitch to see the TV, which leans to one side. Then, we had to call front desk to see how to operate the shower. The clerk did not know, so she had to call the manager. After a out an hour, he came and showed us something to do from the faucet. The swimming pool wasn't usable. It looked nothing like the picture advertised.
"Don't stay here!"
04/20/15
This hotel was not well maintained and dirty. We were moved from one room to another and it was a little better but more problems. Both rooms had soaking wet carpet at sink area. First room was not cleaned. Each room had things missing or broken. I have never given a bad review of a hotel until now. This hotel needs new management. The employee at the front desk tried to help but manager was not even there on one of the busiest weekends at this hotel due to a college event. It was not their fault, it is the maintenance and management of the hotel. I tried to speak to the housekeeper cleaning at 10:00 pm and he wouldn't look at me or get off his cell phone to talk. The girl who checked us out (we left the hotel) a day early was very sweet. I was disappointed in this hotel and the Wyndam corporation needs to step in. I would not want another family to stay here
"This was the most terrible place I have ever stayed. It is a dump in my opinion."
04/14/15 Jacob K Jasper
I checked in and paid with cash and had have a credit card on file. So I gave them mine. After I checked out they charged my card also. I have stayed there several times over the past 4 years but this was my last.
"NEVER STAY AT DAYS INN AGAIN"
03/30/15 Carol S Fort Worth, Texas
I have stayed at Days Inn several times over the years with no issues, but this property seemed more like a run-down Motel 6. We booked this room online with short notice, due to a death in the family. The location was near the church and funeral home. We had problems with the room keys working - had to walk to the office several times to get replacement keys, which did not always work the first time (one would think that they would just change our room). On the evening before the funeral (8:30pm), the keys again would not work. The manager came and even the master key did not work. After trying two other rooms, neither of which were satisfactory (water leak in one & the other was a smoking room), the manager "upgraded" us to a two room suite, but all of our things were still locked in the other room. After the room was opened, we then had to move everything to the new room. This was very stressful for my wife, whose mother's funeral was the next morning. My wife had driven from Texas with a week's worth of clothing and personal items. The “upgraded” room was a two room suite with a kitchen. The kitchen was filthy – looked as if the refrigerator had barbeque or something splattered all over it; all of the towels in the bathroom were soaking wet from an obvious leak of some kind; there was coffee and coffee supplies, but no coffee maker; and one of the TV remotes did not work. The manager brought us towels and a coffee maker (did not even mention the remote), but we were too tired to even think of changing rooms again. As if all of this wasn't enough, the pillows were terrible - very very lumpy. We did not rest well, at all. We originally had planned to stay three more nights but changed to another hotel immediately after the funeral…unbelievable!! This was such a bad experience, that we will NEVER stay at another Days Inn. Please do not send us anymore marketing emails.