All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
1650 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA, 02135, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Great stay at Boston Great Western"
Stayed at Best Western after dropping my son off at B.C. Hotel is ideally located next to Train line, two stops to B.C. and easy to get into Fenway and City. Best pat of stay is the great people that work there. They are the most genuinely friendly people I have met. Every is so nice and caring it really made the stay worthwhile. We plan to return in a month for parent's weekend after such a nice time
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
"Diamond in the rough, right on T line."
I have to say, from the moment I drove up to the hotel I was happy. Its very easy to get to, and just outside of the city so your not right up in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. I also love that its right on the T line. I didn't have to drive at all during my stay in Boston. When I walked into the main entrance I first noticed how clean and well kept it was. Then I noticed the incredible staff. They were so welcoming. Greeting me and my friend with big smiles. The check in process was quick and easy. The parking is great we were able to park right near our room. When entering my room we were both very pleased. It was a large room. It smelt nice and it was very clean. Plenty of seating and storage for our things. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was very clean. The only thing I could see anyone having an issues with is the surrounding area. Its not the best. But I felt very safe walking at night from the T to our room after the Red Sox game we attended. Don't let the neighborhood fool you. This Hotel is excellent!
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
"Right in BU."
Staff very helpful.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Annette
No hot water and very low shower pressure. Terrible
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Cheryl
"Decent stay"
The hotel was fine, close to train stations and had a decent breakfast. The room itself was okay..you can hear people walking upstairs and the bathroom door was hard to close. For the price, it's not too bad!
3 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Margaret
"Yuck! waste of money"
What a dump! the walls were cracking the bathroom was gross! I would never stay here again!wish my family had spent the $ for a hotel downtown - closer to everything - to get downtown from here took 40 minutes on the train - going back each day was hard as the hotel was not enjoyable at all!
4 night family trip May 5, 2015
devorah
It was fine but far too expensive for the accommodations.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Excellent room for the price. Convenient to the T.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"Helpful staff!"
John at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. Even though the hotel is far from downtown, it's near a couple of cute neighborhoods and has everything you need.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Convenient location"
I think it's really a motel but the location was great and it had complimentary parking.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Overall good- but overpowering smell of febrezze or some other odor covering scent
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Fun at Fenway"
We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Everyone was so nice and helpful. The breakfast was delicious with so many choices and the beds were very comfortable. Also Close to the T We will stay here again for sure.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
April
Pleasantly surprised, but a long way out...
5 night business trip Jul 12, 2015
The furniture was dirty but the staff was nice. The room was huge with separate rooms. the neighborhood was nice you felt safe in the area and the parking area was very clean. I would stay there again.
4 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
I thought that the room had a safe. I found out when I got to the hotel that they only have small safes at the front desk. Breakfast was ok but eggs were watery.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Awesome Staff"
Perfect hotel for our needs for a ball game. The staff was friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was awesome.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Andrea
We found staff friendly and helpful excellent breakfast
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Patrick
"Best Western Boston"
Very nice people very good hotel.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
Tony
The room needed some fixing up but still appeared to be clean. The bed was comfortable and the neighborhood was quiet so we got a good nights sleep.
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
Very noisy! Very old! Sheets were put directly on mattress without a mattress pad!
2 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
"NOT the Best Western"
Room was clean, but the air conditioner was noisy. Also, we were unable to shower in the morning because the shower faucet was over-tightened and neither my wife nor I could turn it on. After multiple phone calls over almost 2 weeks, hotel manager gave us a $100 credit.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"First stay"
Overall a good stay. TV remote didn't work properly, volume didn't work which was annoying but I didn't watch much TV so not a big deal. The heating and cooling system makes some strange noises at times. Staff was friendly. I would stay here again
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"The Room from the dump"
When we arrived we were told that one of their staff had deleted our reservation for a suite and we were left with a room with one bed. There were 5 of us. We were given two cots and one of the cots springs were completely gone so the person who had to sleep on that had their butt hanging down to the floor. We were told that the first night we would get 50% off and the next night there was no reduction. The air conditioning literally rattled all night. It was a terrible experience. We seldom travel and spend a lot of money on this trip. I was so embarrassed and upset for my 2 sons and my daughter-in-law. It was a real shocker to spend the kind of money we did for a single bed room.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Pam
"Best western"
We checked in got room key, went to room and some one was in the room, so they gave us next room no big deal
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
mohini
"Best place to stay in Brighton."
Comfortable beds, excellent A/C system, friendly service, great selection for breakfast.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
Martin
"Many many thanks!!!"
We had a group of rooms for our daughter's college graduation. The front desk people were SO INCREDIBLY HELPFUL!! I can't thank them enough - particularly Alicia. They went out of their way to help us with many 'glitches' in our plans (none were hotel-related - they were things like people getting lost, awful traffic, help finding the right "T"). Alicia and the other people were tremendous. ABOVE AND BEYOND AND WE ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL!!! THANK YOU!!!
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
Jennifer S
Very short walking distance to the green line T station. Friendly hotel employees.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Free Parking, Wifi, Breakfast, close to Boston U."
We hav stayed here 4 times in the last year and a half. Except for a problem with the air conditioner in June of 2014, the stays have been pleasant. We were last here in October of 2014. It appears the rooms were re-done. The room was clean, the air conditioner worked (VERY WELL), and the bed was comfortable. Free Wifi (no longer password protected), Free breakfast (cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, coffee), Free Parking. Neighborhood is safe, and you can walk to lots of eateries/bars in 10 to 20 minutes.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Berklee Graduation"
Great hotel for parents attending Berklee College of Music graduation. It's close to the auditorium. Nice places to eat close by.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Too hot"
Broken HVAC unit would not stop pushing out heat woke up at 3AM and the room was 85 degrees. The unit was actually off and still pumping out heat.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Wish we could've stayed longer!"
The place was really nice we stayed in the 2 bed bedroom with a kitchenette it was all very nice and neat. We were unable to stay for longer than three hours, but the time that we were there was very nice the staff was very helpful.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Great neighborhood but.."
The stairs were a surprise. We also had minor hiccups-water stopped while I was taking a bath. Then there was the water filled with black stuff which came out of the bathroom sink. And oh, AC was too noisy.
3 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
"air condition only issue"
Our only complaint was the air conditioner/circulator sounded like a mac truck.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
Catharine
"Pleasant stay!"
One of the few multi-night stays in the part few years where we had clean sheets, towels every night! Staff was very pleasant and friendly. Breakfast - two thumbs up!
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Convenient"
Adequate and quiet place. Close to metro stop. Had to slam and chain latch the door to keep it closed.
3 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
"Good Very Friendly staff"
In town waiting for our grandaughter to be born. Hotel close to hospital
1 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
Kathleen
"Location, location, location"
Perfect, reasonably priced place to stay when visiting Boston colleges. Easy access to public transport. Parking is good.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"Noisy mechanicals"
There was a continuos hiss coming from the plumbing to the heating unit and on the last day an irritating smell like a strong cleaning liquid came from that same location. The engineer was gone for the day and nothing could be done except open a door or window.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Strange smell. It is a motel not hotel. Good location but the condition of the hotel can be improved.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Friendly and helpful staff provided warm welcome and attentive care at breakfast. Good location (near trolley and short distance from downtown Boston and many other points of interest), clean, very comfortable bed, and decent breakfast (although they ran out of plastic knives and sausage). However, difficulty closing entrance and bathroom doors, rusting towel rack installed with poor fitting screws, peeling bath ceiling, and mildowing grout on tile floor in bath detracted from experience. Given price on Expedia mystery hotel, it was a very good deal and I would go again.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Motel is in a good neighborhood"
I prepaid to ensure the room was available for a late arrival. The first room was unacceptable because the bathroom window blinds were broken and did not cover the window. The hotel clerk was helpful and sent us to another room. The second room seemed clean enough, but the condition of the bathroom was poor. The bathroom door veneer was peeling and there were holes in the bottom of the door. The toilet seat had deep scratches that could break the skin if one sat directly on the seat. The bathtub had mold growing around the caulking. It was too late at night to go look for another room after discovering these conditions. In the morning I opened the bathroom blinds to open the window because the bathrooms have no vent fan. I discovered the bathroom window lock was broken and in pieces. The window was hinged at the top and would not stay open without placing an object between the window and the frame. The greatest concern here was the window was unsecure all night and was a security vulnerability. I notified the general manager of the problems before I checked out. The general manager asked if there was anything he could do to resolve my complaint. I asked for a refund and he agreed to refund the cost of the one night stay. The general manager told me to notify Expedia that my stay was unsatisfactory and that he would release the funds when Expedia called him. I notified Expedia and the motel representative refused to refund the money as promised.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Jon
"Nice hotel close to universities and the T."
My daughter and I stayed there for one night in order to do some college visits. This hotel was right between Boston College and Boston Univ. We were able to leave our car at the hotel even after we checked out so that we could take the T to the colleges. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and even gave a lesson on how to ride the T. The room was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was an added plus. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Judi
"Clean room and courteous staff. Worth the price."
My husband and I enjoyed our 3 night stay in Boston. Staff was friendly, courteous and very helpful with directions and recommendations for the T line and city attractions. Only flaw was a squeaky floor above us: a late arrival and early riser for a guest upstairs awoke us. Room was clean. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Sandra
"Nice hotel close to BC for college visit."
Excellent! Staff was friendly, comp breakfast was great and that staff person was awesome.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
josephine
Hotel was located close to the places we were going to visit. Room was a good size. Breakfast was more than enough.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"should be an one star hotel"
I can't recommend this hotel. We were glad to leave so we could get some sleep elsewhere. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast is fine for a quick coffee and toast. Now the bad stuff. Our room had a bad smell. The rug was dirty to where you couldn't walk on it in bare feet without feeling grossed out. It was so loud you couldn't sleep. We heard toilets flush, people walking above us, showers going. We ( my family of four) left after 2 nights for another hotel.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Leslie
"Repeat Customer"
Our son is a BU grad student living in an Allston apartment, so we have stayed at this hotel for many nights on each trip. We don't choose to pay for high end hotels, so this meets our desires well. It's 1 - 2 blocks from the Washington St T-stop, and Uber cars are available to summon there. No issues with staff or cleanliness. The free buffet breakfast has a good variety, including eggs, sausage and 2 waffle makers, but go at an odd time, as the crowd can take all the tables. Two lobby PCs and a printer aid flight check-in, and WiFi is throughout. On our first trip, we drove and parked a 16' U-Haul truck. The parking lot fills up at night, but by not arriving too late, we were able to find a place to park the truck. I don't know any crime stats, but we have felt safe walking in this area. We will continue to stay at this hotel on future trips.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Ann
"Very clean. Great staff."
The front desk staff was very helpful, accommodating, and delightful. Proximity to the T was appreciated. Our only issue (because someone in our group has breathing problems) was that the cleaning products used in the room were too heavily perfumed.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Friendly staff"
Very friendly staff
5 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
"If they care about customers"
My car got towed because they didn't make it clear to me that if I do not have the tag hanged, bad things could happen. It was partially my fault for not reading carefully, but they are supposed to protect a customer from such things. The hotel's solution to its inability of arranging parking spot is at the customers' expense, if they are not careful. Some guy promised to me send me proof of having the warning of hanging tag at front desk, but he never did. Who knows what really happened there?
Other trip Mar 27, 2015