All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
1650 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA, 02135, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
  • Value
    Good internet service
"Pleasant surprise"
Stayed at the hotel to be near St Elizabeth's Hospital. The hotel was surprisingly quiet for being on Comm Ave, very clean and well appointed for an old lady that has been gussied up.
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2016
Everyone on the staff while I was there was very friendly and helpful!
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
Douglas
"Pleasant stay"
My room in this hotel/motel was in excellent condition. The wall-mounted temperature controls worked perfectly, and the bathroom looked as if it had been recently remodeled. The room was large and provided plenty of space to put away clothes and do my work in the evening. The bed was among the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept on recently. My part of the hotel was very quiet. The breakfast offerings were a bit thin, but there's a great breakfast place down the street near the T stop. The front desk people were just marvelous -- providing options for food and such. My only quibble is that little attention was paid to the very slippery conditions in the parking lot. My room was on a steep slope, and walking to breakfast (or back) was not pleasant at all.
2 night business trip Jan 12, 2016
"Okay to stay, if you want a quiet place."
The toilet wobbled when you sat on it because the bolts were loose. We told the manager and we were told it will be fix. They never fixed it. At checkout they told my husband they don't give receipts, and I had to call them to asked them to email me the parking receipt. Otherwise, it was ok to stay there.
4 night business trip Jan 6, 2016
Damaris
"they make the most of what they have."
it is an older hotel but kept nice. i really have no complaints, it just seems much more dated than most of the other hotels i have stayed in lately. the bathtub liner was peeling apart from the tub which made for a wobbly shower.
2 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
Shawn
"The hotel looks better website, but it was worthy"
Hotel staff very friendly.
4 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
SILVIA
10 min drive from hotel to Beth Israel Deconness, Boston Children's and Fenway. Neighborhood is decent and there are several restaraunt options within walking distance.
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
"Reasonable with excellant service"
A great place to stay with reasonable rates. The front desk was excellent in helping me to find my way around. The room was clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is nice with a Whole Foods a block away and several restaurants and convenience stores. Just bear in mind this Best Western is older.
22 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
After a long day at the hospital with our nephew we decided to stay. We were able to call book the room and be in it in less that an hour. Very clean and big rooms. Nice to be at after a long day. Everyone was very nice.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2015
"Best Western, Brighton"
Air unit in room did not allow for any temperature adjustment. Friday's outside temperature was an unseasonal 72 degrees. I could not adjust the temperature to a comfortable level. Unacceptable.
2 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
"Pay the extra money for a better hotel"
Probably the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Upon entering the room, we were hit with the lemon chemical odor for a couple of hours.Maybe we got used to it or it dissipated after time. The temp of the room was a balmy 70 degrees while the outside temp was 74. The thermostat didnt work nor could I open the window. The bathroom shower had a leak; not just a trickle but a significant outflow. I told the front desk of the aforementioned problems and they said they would have the engineer look into it. 3 hours later and no engineer. I asked for a fan and no fan. I requested a room change and no room change. Front desk gave me a supposed 20% discount but it hasnt showed up yet. Pay the extra money in Boston for a better hotel. This was terrible.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
"Good central location. Near public transportation."
I chose the location based on close proximity to all four clients I visited. The room was clean and comfortable, however, it was noisy due to boiler located in basement directly beneath room. The room temperature hovered in the eighties for the entire stay, making it necessary to keep window fully open . I asked for a room change but was offered a room not conveniently located, so I declined.
4 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
"Decent for the price and the location"
The hotel itself is a bit rundown and in sore need of updating/repair, but you won't do better price-wise for the location. Also, the service during our stay was EXCELLENT. The staff was attentive and courteous, and they made our stay truly pleasant. The continental breakfast was also a big plus.
2 night family trip Oct 27, 2015
Out of control party on a bottom floor room in a separately located building. The parking area and stairwell totally reeked of pot, numerous people and cars coming and going all hours of the night.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
"More water..."
The hotels waterpolicy is insane. Too little water to get clean. It´s okey to save the Earths invironment, but I got a feeling that the perpuse is to save money for Best Western. It´s the same story in all BW-hotels where we have stay´d during our visit to USA.
3 night romance trip Oct 26, 2015
Nils-Erik
"Would.stay again"
Area was expensive hotels this was more affordable much tighter than I expected
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
michael
Could not regulate temperature in my room, it was like a sauna .... The room I got first was so loud, I could not stay there; looks like it was next to a machine room.
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Hans Dieter
"Quick stay in Chestnut Hill/Boston area."
It was a typical Best Western, except this one is way overpriced since it is in metro Boston.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
Henry
"This old motel is really run down..."
Just needed a night in the Brookline-Brighton area. This old motel is really run down, and just getting by on local college traffic. We had to ask for a room change because the 1st room smelled so bad -- like mildew and cleaning chemicals. After being shown alternatives, it seems all the rooms have some sort of smell. We settled on a room that smelled like liquid smoke.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
Todd
"Everything was great until they tried to bill me.."
Everything was great about this Best Western until they tried to bill me upon checking in--even though I made my reservation through Expedia, who billed me months ago. Front staff was pleasant about it, pointed out that it was a mistake, and promised to credit me---5 days later and I'm still waiting for the credit. We've stayed here 5 times during our visits to Boston. It's convenient, close to the T, and the rooms, while a bit dated, are clean and comfortable. The air/heat has been updated recently. We did notice a diminishment in the quality of the free breakfast this time. Usually the breakfast staff is on top of things--but this visit, they were a bit behind on keeping the coffee fresh and brewing, keeping items stocked, etc. Still, it's probably the busiest time of year with the Regata and Parents weekend everywhere. We also noticed no fruit at the front desk--something we were very pleased to see during our visit on May. Take a walk down Commonwealth, and there are several restaurants to choose from, along with my favorite bar, Harry's. Take note that along the route there are a couple of dilapidated houses with high weeds---you may see a rate walk in front of you, something we did :) You can also walk to Brighton or Beacon street from this location. The Public house and City Side are great spots to check out. We also walked to JFK's boyhood home---it's run the by National Park Service, and is free of charge. A great find!
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"Convenient place to stay for BU"
I've stayed at this location several times while visitng family at BU. Overall, it's a great value compared to the closer hotels, with both breakfast and parking included. It's only a 10 min drive to campus; in addition there is a convenient T stop just down the block. I've always found the staff very helpful and friendly, and the facilitiies clean. This time, there was a constant humming sound in my room - maybe I was close to HVAC unit or something similar. I didn't bother complaning, but would have if I was staying more than one night.
1 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
"clean comfortable room with friendly staff"
We were visiting our son who is a student at Boston University School of Medicine and lives in Brighton.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
"If you want a bad dorm room this is your place"
This stay would have been great if I could travel back to the 1970's when the room was new. The carpet was dated and not cleaned. Don't look behind the head board....the electrical covers were broken. The furniture looked like dorm furnishings....the bathroom was not clean. You could count the body hair on the toilet and the shower.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
"Great hotel - not so good parking."
This hotel was wonderfully located for the business we were in town for. Clean, modern and well maintained. Only down side was parking is not conducive to larger vehicles or anything needing to be towed. Which of course was our dilemma. Otherwise great stay.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
"Forget the Hilton!"
I am a university recuiter and was in Boston for the first time in a very long time. I am from San Francisco.I typicall stay at the Sheraton or Hilton but due to the best Western's location near my recruitment event I chose to stay here. What a suprise!!! The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Staff were freindly, helpful and attentive. The free buffett breakfast was good as well. Scrambled eggs, waffles, donuts coffee you name it.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
"close to subway"
booked hotel to attend red sox game, the subway was right across the street, which made it easy for me and my wife
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"Comfy Bed"
Good front desk service, clean room, hot breakfast, satisfied with our stay.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Room on street level by road. Noisy. Great location, but dated motel.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2015
"watch which room you get!"
our room 512 had a bathroom fan which ran all the time and couldn't be turned off and even with the bathroom door closed, was noisy. the air-conditioning blasted-on so strong that it awoke one from sleep and there was some kind of industrial motor which went on every hour starting at 4am and sounded like a plane was landing atop you! the room was of good size and did have a kitchen area. breakfast was plentiful and good, even with hot waffles. the location was most-excellent, which was why most everyone stayed there. if you can't climb stairs and/or hills, this is not the place for you as the rooms are on different levels--a most unusual design for a hotel, but the site in on a hill.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
PENNY
"Ok for a short stay"
Comfortable beds, fairly spacious room. Bathroom a bit small.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
sarah
"Ideally located to BC"
Very nice staff. Rooms were larger than anticipated. Good location & convenient to public transportation. If visiting a child at BC is in you plans, maybe catching a game while there, this is a good place to reserve a room!
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
ana
"Functional and convenient."
Got a "good" price on this hotel (for Boston) but still the highest of our 3000 mile trip. Right near Boston College, Simmons College and Fenway, it is convenient, AND has free parking. !!! The hotel itself is dated. Our room was in a section built from concrete block. Teeny-tiny bathroom. Really. Breakfast room also very small, but decent food and plenty to eat. However, the room was very clean and very convenient to where we were moving my son, so overall it deserves a positive rating. Just don't expect roominess or elegance.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Mahlon
"Dive motel at 3-4 star price"
We were very disappointed in our hotel experience. Immediately on driving up we thought the hotel looked sketchy but were hopeful the room would be better. It was not. It's not the worst hotel we've stayed at, however for the price we expected better. "Parking" for our room was essentially on the sidewalk in front of our room. The door to our room wouldn't latch unless you slammed the door. The room was incredibly dark with minimal natural or artificial light - we took the shades off the lamps for additional light.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Last hotel you should consider"
Boston was totally booked and this was the only hotel less $300 so I took it. I would certainly prefer others, this is a dump and that is reason why it was still available while others where sold out. More like a motel, not a $300 hotel in my opinion this is $60 level. But if you have no choice and your company sets limits....
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2015
"Excellent stay!"
All staff were very friendly, courteous & knowledgeable. I did have to call due to a $23 overcharge on my credit card, but they took care of the issue right away. The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was perfect. This was a terrific value and the location was just what we were looking for, we will be back!
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
jennifer
"No fuss hotel"
Stayed two nights while helping my daughter move into a new apartment around the corner. Love the fact that the parking is free so I could walk to her place and not have to stress about the car. Breakfast was good with lots of healthy choices. Great neighborhood to walk/run. Tried three restaurants right in the neighborhood. Tasca (tapas place), Mexican and pizza place. All were good.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"comfortable and adequate hotel"
This is a good hotel for the price. It is located neat Boston College so that is the advantage to us, as parents of a college student. It is clean and adquately serves our needs. It has a pretty good breakfast, as well.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Patrice
"Move in university"
I would like to thank Michael de Manager he help me with The adicional night rate (Tropical Storm Erika, PR) Good locación near the train station Good breakfast The hotel need some update
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
m
"A less costly option near Boston College but... ew"
Knew this was a basic motel type place, but it was kind of gross. Our room needed an overhaul. First off, upon entering, my son immediately declared, "Smells like someone dropped a dukie in here." I couldn't disagree. We later purchased air freshener at CVS, but that really didn't help. In checking over the beds, I noticed there were no mattress pads -- only sheets over the bare mattresses. And one of the mattresses had a yucky brown stain. I called and asked at the girl at the desk whether the use of mattress pads was typical -- she said yes, but that maybe they had run out. She then brought 2 thin, not-so-new mattress pads to our room and handed them to us so that we could remake the beds ourselves! Weird/unexpected. Guess there is no housekeeping just after 5PM? Whatever. Other things -- the toilet was not bolted down to the floor, so lots of wobbling, and the shower handle was so tight that I was unable to start the water. Had to wake my husband in the morning so he could finally muscle it on. Makes me wonder if housekeeping was able to turn it on to clean the tub from when the last people checked out of that room. There were even some pretzels behind the bed. I know this is considered a budget hotel (really a motel) for Boston and the BC area, but at $260 for the night, I hoped that at least it would be clean and maintained, even if old. Not so. Finding another place for my next visit to Boston College.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
BC mom
"Great stay at Boston Great Western"
Stayed at Best Western after dropping my son off at B.C. Hotel is ideally located next to Train line, two stops to B.C. and easy to get into Fenway and City. Best pat of stay is the great people that work there. They are the most genuinely friendly people I have met. Every is so nice and caring it really made the stay worthwhile. We plan to return in a month for parent's weekend after such a nice time
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
"Diamond in the rough, right on T line."
I have to say, from the moment I drove up to the hotel I was happy. Its very easy to get to, and just outside of the city so your not right up in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. I also love that its right on the T line. I didn't have to drive at all during my stay in Boston. When I walked into the main entrance I first noticed how clean and well kept it was. Then I noticed the incredible staff. They were so welcoming. Greeting me and my friend with big smiles. The check in process was quick and easy. The parking is great we were able to park right near our room. When entering my room we were both very pleased. It was a large room. It smelt nice and it was very clean. Plenty of seating and storage for our things. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was very clean. The only thing I could see anyone having an issues with is the surrounding area. Its not the best. But I felt very safe walking at night from the T to our room after the Red Sox game we attended. Don't let the neighborhood fool you. This Hotel is excellent!
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
"It was a trip to visit college"
It was a trip to visit college with my daughter, stayed only 1 night. No problems to get in the room, it was clean, everything was working as expected, newer TV, no bulky comforter to annoy you. Nice pillows. Most impressive was breakfast in the morning. Also front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, and called a taxi to get us to NU. The driver was great and very fast. Would stay again if we are there.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Right in BU."
Staff very helpful.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Annette
"Not So Near college, Carefull with key card!"
Advertised as close to college but it is 15 min drive to BU. Not walking distance for sure. Lodging was "ok" , rooms were simple but clean, matress not so comfy but ok for short stay, breakfast is included. However, be CAREFUL when checking in. Staff forgot to mark my daughter's adjoining room as "checked in" and when evening shift changed, the desk assigned new card key to her room! Guest walked in on my daughter late at night thinking he was going to his own room. I cannot understand how this can happen? Don't they lock access once room is assigned to a key card? All was ok, the staff was very appologetic , but both the guest and my daughter were very embarrassed . Thank goodness it was Not worse!
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
college touring
"Good choice"
While the hotel is a bit far from the "central" part of Boston, it is within a quick/easy walk to two Metro ("T") stops on the Green line, which gets you to just about anywhere (including to other close by areas with restaurants near BU just a few minutes away). The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was very good. The staff was especially helpful and very accommodating. A few good restaurants down the street (1-2 minute walk). I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
HMF
No hot water and very low shower pressure. Terrible
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Cheryl
"Decent stay"
The hotel was fine, close to train stations and had a decent breakfast. The room itself was okay..you can hear people walking upstairs and the bathroom door was hard to close. For the price, it's not too bad!
3 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Margaret
Was disappointed in location. Was lead to believe it was much closer to college we were visiting. Felt it was way over priced .
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
jayne
"This is not a hotel."
I wish I had realized this was a MOTEL not a hotel. That was really only the beginning of my disappointment with the stay. The guaranteed room was not what we were guaranteed, and the fix was to offer to change the room, again to something that was not what was promised. Staff was doing the best they could, I imagine.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Timi
"Yuck! waste of money"
What a dump! the walls were cracking the bathroom was gross! I would never stay here again!wish my family had spent the $ for a hotel downtown - closer to everything - to get downtown from here took 40 minutes on the train - going back each day was hard as the hotel was not enjoyable at all!
4 night family trip May 5, 2015