All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
1650 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA, 02135, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Could use updating"
This was my second time staying here. Both times the staff was very friendly. The rooms need updating but was clean and very close to my daughters apartment. Best part, free parking even after I checked out they allowed me to keep my SUV there until later in the day when I left Bosto
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
CH
Comfortable place to stay .facing outside ,great environment.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Iris
"disappointing"
i did call before arriving and they say they have 2 bed room available & when arrived and they found i hve paid thou Expedia they did not give 2 bed they give 1 bed Clark say i shod had book directly i might had 2 bed Expedia do not pay them for 2 bed now i am not going to book thou Expedia this 2nd time i have experience. why Expedia taking in advance for 2 bed * i don't get i don't had choice i did paid in advance & if i book directly i don't have to pay in advance you need to change policy.
psh
""eh""
Upon arrival our reservation was incorrect (no sofabed even though that was booked and confirmed) but we quickly got a room with two Queens so that was fine. Heater was VERY LOUD and woke us all through the night, but there was no heat in the bathroom. Mattresses could have been firmer. WE all had a backache. Breakfast was good. Not the "best" Best Western" Good location across from the "T".
2 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
"Nice hotel right on the "T" stop"
Nice hotel, right near the Washington Street stop of the Green line of the T. 10 stops gets you to Boston University. A 10 minute walk gets you to Beacon Street, with plenty of restaurants. Hotel has free parking, and a great breakfast. Staff is extremely friendly.
"Very close to the subway."
Hotel was a quick walk to the T. It had breakfast, everything we needed.
"College tours at BC and MIT."
We arrived at around 6 PM after traveling from San Francisco - up at 2 AM. When I went in there was no one manning the desk. I called out several times, then I shouted out, then I called and I heard the phone ring and no one responded. Finally someone, who was very disinterested in me appeared. I showed her my reservation and she said there was no reservation for me. I showed her the confirmation paper again and she said no reservation and she added, the reservation was from a third party. Keeping me suspense until I had to ask her if she had a room. She did. The airconditioner/heater unit was so loud that we could not hear ourselevs think - all night long. The breakfast was fine.
2 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
Paulette
"Decent hotel, wonderful staff."
Had a couple of issues upon checking in; first the door key to our original room didn't work, then at the next room we checked into our thermostat didn't work. The night manager, Andrew was very helpful in resolving our issues and went above and beyond to make sure we got a room in full working order. He even took apart the air conditioning unit to get the thermostat to start working again. Overall a very pleasant stay, and I can't say enough about how great Andrew was.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
I stayed here 4 months ago and liked it enough to come back. The staff and location and price are great. The condition of our room was a little less updated than the one we stayed in before. The grill on the air conditioner was cracked, some of the paint needed to be redone and the grout in the bathroom was needing to be redone, too- all small things and overall a nice hotel
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Megan
"Good location, disappointing hotel room"
We asked for an early check-in and were accommodated. The receptionist was pleasant and gave us a map and ideas on where to go in downtown Boston. However, we got a room that was below our expectations for the price that we paid. As soon as we walked in, the room had a mildewy smell. If it werent for the fact that we needed sleep (red eye flight), I would have asked for a better room. We only stayed for 2 nights, luckily, but I felt that the linens were unclean, the curtains even had stain on them, and the floor was old and the tile floors were dirty. I was disappointed because the location of this place is awesome and was surrounded by beautiful buildings near Boston U and Boston College. The location was convenient to the T Washington St station. There's a 7 eleven store nearby where you can purchase your ticket, a Thai restaurant, a Spanish Tapas place and a Mexican restaurant within walking distance.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Well-located for visit to B.C. Convenient access to T. Friendly and helpful staff.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great, clean, and modest hotel"
My experience to this hotel was positive and I was very satisfied! Will definitely go back to this hotel when I visit Boston in future. 1) The room was modest, clean, and well lid. It was comfortable enough to let me sleep soundly. 2) The room include a coffee maker, small fridge to keep your drink cold, and microwave (to let you keep take-out foods, perfect!). 3) For game lover, the TV has HDMI plug and red-yellow-white socket so you could play your favorite game consoles before bed. 4) The bathroom was well-vented so it never got smelly when someone used the toilet / shower. 5) Better, the breakfast is included and the receptionist / folks are very helpful and friendly - I asked for a taxi-ride to the airport and the receptionist promptly called for taxi. 6) Best of all, The hotel location is quite strategic: it's close to a railway station, 7-11 store, whole market store, and two restaurants for lunch/dinner. I tried a Thai restaurant (sorry forgot the name) and surprisingly, the food was so good I was brought to tears (it was one of top rated restaurant from Tripadvisor too). However, there was one thing that they could at least improve; I wish they could include heater because the air conditioner was still too cold even if I cranked the temperature all the way to the top. Having a heater at the bathroom would be perfect.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Samuel
"Staff made it a nice stay."
I was nervous when I first arrived at the hotel it looked a mess with all the construction, but the staff was very helpful and nice. The room was very clean. My daughters are very picky but they enjoyed the breakfast. Its not as close to the attractions like I thought it would be. I wouldn't recommend this place to people with health issues or the elderly because this hotel is on a hill and has lots of stairs around the property. I have health issues and I found it very hard to walk around the premises due to those issues. Overall, the staff made it worth the stay.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Gen
"Great location for a business contact."
The location was perfect from Logan airport and MapQuest gave great directions. The Continental breakfast was better than expected, the girls at the front counter (as well as the girls who tidied the rooms) were friendly and personable and the was exceptional!!!.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Good overall stay"
Only issue there is parking.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Great value for the price"
Picked because only room I could find for < $300. A little freaked at arrival because rooms opened onto outside and it looked like a motel, but pleasantly surprised when entered room. Knew had a king and sofa but this was a big suite w/ kitchenette, 2 big closets, 2 flat screens. Stayed 2 nights but perfect for an extended stay. Practically 1 BR apartment. Clean, well-maintained, comfy. Not luxurious but fine. Sheets weren’t scratchy and lacked chemical smell of many hotel linens. Only real nitpicks: water hard w/ weak pressure, faint odor in outer room from kitchenette though didn’t get into bedroom. Free breakfast is no frills but, since free, perfectly decent. Impressed they asked for feedback at checkout and took notes on what I said. Location is meh but part of why it’s affordable. Safe, quiet neighborhood, but nothing there. T stop close but unmarked, no sign re: which side which. Far-out stretch of green line where T is streetcar and stops every few blocks, takes long time to get downtown. But ample parking - great if you have rental car and/or spending time both inside and outside the city. Also good if not on a tight schedule and can spend more time on the train, thus worth it to save the money. But I had business UMass and it took 1.5 hours, most of which was on the green line closer to hotel.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Not bad but could be better"
The building is quite old and bathroom was in somewhat disrepair. No screens in windows.
5 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"near Boston College"
the room had an unpleasant odor
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
JK
"Excellent value"
Second stay at this hotel and it was better than the first. We were moving our daughter into BU. Was wonderful to park our fully loaded car in front of our door so we could move the stuff from the back seat into the room overnight. There was plenty of room inside to store it. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Wifi, free, worked well. Breakfast was good, although a little carb heavy w/ breads, cereal and muffins. There were also eggs and bacon, which we don't eat. The free parking was marvelous. All staff we dealt with were pleasant and eager to help. The hotel is aging, but they are clearly trying to keep it up. All in all, a terrific value for the cost.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
BA
"Best Western"
I felt like the room was ok but did not feel it was that clean. The sheets looks like they had stains on them. I just didn't feel very comfortable in the room. Breakfast was ok , parking was limited since we arrived late. For the price it's ok but not great.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Location is convenient, just a block from the at. Hole foods is two blocks away and some of the staff was very nice and helpful. House keeping left much to be desired. First, the carpet was so dirty that if you walk around barefoot, the bottom of your feet turned black. Second, found some sort of stain on the bed linens, left it so housekeeping would see it when they came in, instead the bed was remade with the soiled linens. Took it to the front desk, gal said she would get a clean one, never happened. Same person was supposed to arrange a taxi to the airport for the next day, also did not happen.
4 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Deborah
"overpriced for condition of property"
Spacey front desk clerk checked me into room at 1 am that smelled of cigarette smoke and disinfectant. The carpet was in need of cleaning, the wallpaper was pealing in the bathroom and in front of the door to the room something had been spilled and not cleaned up. I had reserved this through Expedia. Was supposed to be a king bed with sofa suite. Got only a king bed. Was awakened at 7am by front desk trying to get another guest into my room. Asked to switch to a cleaner room and was put into a handicap room which was much cleaner and smelled better. Twice my keys stopped working for both rooms, the phone was not answered by the font desk when I needed a wake up call. The rooms were cleaned by the staff well, just not maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful in their defense. The location was good for me as was close to my son's apartment.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Sue
"Basic but Recommended"
Room was clean, location convenient walk to the "T" stop for getting into the city. Ideal location for college visits. Included breakfast is good (cereal, waffles, bagels/muffins, bacon, omelets (the frozen box kind). Free WiFi was a bit dodgy in the room though. Overall I'd recommend for budget travelers and would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Andy
"gave away prepaid room"
arrived at hotel and was told tha tmy PREPAID room had been given away and we would be housed at aonother hotel, which they would pay for. as well as refund my fees. still waiting
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Unprofessional and rude staff"
Arrived at the hotel after a 4-hr drive, only to be told that they were overbooked and had no room for us, even though I had booked the hotel a month ago. They had not even prepared to put us in another hotel and told us to call our booking agent at 11pm. After complaining, they finally booked another Best Western hotel which took us over an hour to get to. We drove back to the hotel the next day since we had booked the hotel for 2 nights, but they were just irresponsible and uncaring. Very disappointing stay.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Miki
"Great hotel!"
Hotel was great, 14 stops from Park St. Station on the T, so that became a little tedious. Expedia said that my room came with a king size bed and a sofa bed, the room only had a king size bed. We stayed two nights and the room was exceptionally clean both nights.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Avg Hotel Convenient to Green Line on the T"
Nice motel-style hotel that is convenient to the Green line T. Breakfasts good but get there before 8am due to limited seating for number of rooms. We had 4 adults in one room but had to ask for an extra bath towel (they only give you 3) every day. Most staff couldn't seem to remember but all staff were very friendly. Selected this hotel due to free breakfast and parking, which they provided. It's about 30 mins outside of downtown on the T. Will probably stay there again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Decent hotel, EXCELLENT staff, & close to T"
This was a decent hotel. The rooms felt a little old, but the staff made up for it! Every single one of them was friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the woman helping with the breakfast to the man bringing extra towels. It was super close to the T stop and a good Thai restaurant, which helped when we got the bill.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Jenn
"Close to Dana Farber Hosp."
Too short for sight seeing
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Door wouldn't close unless I had to slam it shut. Would've been nice to have a reminder to clear off personal items from the bed or else the room wouldn't get cleaned. Cleaners didn't close our door all the way so room was unlocked when I returned. Size of room was ok and was one of a few in town to have queen size beds instead of double beds. Got home to find out I was charged for room again after I had already paid for it ahead of time. Would probably try to stay closer to downtown next time.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
JD
"Very clean and convenient to the transit"
THE STAFF WAS SO PLEASANT AND VERY HELPFUL THE ROOM WAS VERY NICE AND BREAKFAST IN THE MORNING WAS QUITE DELIGHTFUL HAD A CHOICE OF HOT OR COLD BREAKFAST
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Kassim
"Comfortable stay, nice neighborhood"
Second stay at this hotel. Nice large room, this time on the upper deck, with a very comfortable bed. Staff very pleasant to speak to.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Ruthann
They did a great job with the group we brough in. I could not have been happier.
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Nice hotel with a relatively reasonable price. Enjoy the stay and will recommend.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great for location for visiting BU or BC"
The location is a short walk to the "T" which is on the "B" line that conveniently takes you to Boston College, at one end of the line or through three stops of BU the opposite way continuing through to Kenmore which is Fenway Park's stop and if you stay on even longer will bring to the hub where you can pick up other colored trolley lines for travelling throughout Boston. The location of this hotel is the major reason we chose it. It's more like a motel with outside entrances to you room, but the room was large, clean and affordable.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Close to Boston College, basic but good value"
Chose this hotel taking my son to orientation at Boston College. Expensive for what it is: a motel. Worn carpet, outdated furniture, noisy AC. But the room was clean, the staff was great, free parking, a few min walk to T station, free WiFi, no resort /misc. fee add-on, free breakfast, small kitchenette with fridge & microwave. Took the T to the downtown Boston & the aquarium about 30 min, very convenient. 10 min to BC or BU. No need to find parking which is expensive in Boston. Good Thai, Mexican, Spanish tapas restaurants, convenient stores one block away. Overall good value.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Xavier
"The worst hotel experience"
I reserved a room with two queen beds for three adults to stay in the room. In the reservation I was clear that I would be checking in late-past 1:00 AM. When I arrived with the other two adults, we were told that there was only one room available and that it had one king size bed. I was told there was nothing that could be done, the decision had been made by the hotel management earlier in the day and there were no other rooms. I needed to be at a conference in the next 4 hours and there were no other hotels in the immediate vicinity so we took the room and one of the adults slept on the floor. We were not given blankets, sheets or other comfort items for this sleeping arrangement even though they were very aware that there were three adults requiring bed space. I will never book with Best Western again.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Hotel close to Fenway"
Accommodated our need to be in Boston for a concert at Fenway
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
jennifer
"Great value"
Close enough to all the bean town hot spots, but not paying so much for it
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
chris
"Best way to see the city"
We were taking a family vacation to Boston and I wanted to find a hotel that included parking. We planned to use the subway for all of our sightseeing and leave the car parked. This hotel was the perfect find. It sits between two subway stops, each about a 3 minute walk. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The staff is amazing and the daily breakfast has plenty of choices for everyone. And, I got a great price through Expedia. SCORE! Best value in Boston.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Band Mom
"Very good but we had a problem"
Location, affordability, staff (very nice, polite, professional) were very good at this Best Western. We loved the ability to park (for free) in their lot, and their location right next to the "T" is a big plus. The neighborhood is residential, appears (and is) safe to walk, and Harry's Bar is right down the street. Free wifi and breakfast is included. There is no pool. As a point of reference, Fenway Park (and Boston University East) is about 1.5 miles away (20 minutes on the "T") When we arrived we were told the hotel was fully booked. Our first room was room 523, which had an adjoining room. Unfortunately, the adjoining door didn't lock, so we moved to room 525 (not the adjoining room by the way.) Room 525 seemed fine, until we realized that the air conditioner wasn't cooling. One of the staff members came to our room, tapped on a valve and it started working. The next day, we were out all day sightseeing. When we came back to our room, once again the air wasn't working. This time it was a different problem, and to make a long story short, with a fully booked hotel, the best the staff could offer us was 2 fans. Our room hovered around 80 degrees all night long. In the morning, we moved to Room 405, which had no problems, and we spent our last night at the hotel there. Management agreed to compensate us for the inconvenience, and we are scheduled to stay there two more times this year, in August and October.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Staffs were very helpful and kind. The room was clean and the breakfast were ok. It helped us save money and time. I wish they had an electronic water boiling pot. My family enjoyed staying there.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"OK place to stay and save some money"
OK place to stay, it was clean and quiet, with satisfactory breakfast (not cooked to order). Window in bathroom stuck, but venting seemed adequate, beds were firm but worked, flat screen TV with cable good.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Allen
"Great location and value in Boston"
Great location, next to T. Super clean and comfy. Staff was pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Boston University Orientation"
Great Value. Close to the T and only several stops to Boston University. Rooms are dated but comfortable. Staff are very friendly and extremely helpful.
2 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Reasonably priced, clean, pleasant hotel"
We stayed for 4 days. The room was clean and neat. The hotel staff were very helpful. One of the best features is that it is just one block from a T stop on the Green Line (Washington St.). The hotel had ample parking, so we parked the car when we got there and then took the T everywhere we needed to go from that point on. There was NO additional parking fee! And the rate also included breakfast, which was quite decent (bagels, yogurt, cereal, eggs, sausage, toast, waffles, juice, and coffee).
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Convenient location to Boston colleges"
We just got back and enjoyed our two night stay. It was a very comfortable suite, clean and had two tv's. Very comfortable for three people. There was a separate living room area and a full kitchen, although we didn't use it. The only negatives were that the doors in Room 308 - the bedroom door and bathroom door stick, and they were very hard to pull shut. Also sound proofing isn't the best since I could hear my neighbors talking and showering. All in all, I found it comfortable, convenient and priced right. The girl at the front desk was lovely, I forgot her name but she is a pretty blonde girl. We will definitely return.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Overpriced for what it is..."
... in a city with very few decent, affordable hotels. Expected a much more up-to-date hotel for this amount of money. Room and infrastructure reminded me a lot of much cheaper hotels along the road. Breakfast was poor (something you would expect in hotels half the price of this one) and moreover we had the bad luck of having to share the breakfast room with some 50 schoolchildren, who also turned the rooms into noisy school playgrounds in an otherwise quiet neighborhood. It's location looked good on the map but with the very slow Boston trams, it takes a long time to get to the city center. Parking facilities are good and staff was friendly though.
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Kris
"Good location if you are visiting Allston."
Relatively clean. Air conditioning was very loud, effected sleep. Breakfast was pretty gross for a gluten free person. They claim to care about the environment and washing towels every day, but they took ours even though we hung them up as they ask. It is all about location, and this motel meets our needs.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"free parking was nice"
Was nice to have free parking and park just outside our room. The door stuck terribly so was hard to open from either direction. It looks like they are making updates so they are at least taking care if the facility.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014