All hotels in Solvang, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1564 Copenhagen Dr, Solvang, CA, 93463, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good for just an overnight stop"
Hotel staff upon our check-in was great and very friendly. Room is just ok for an overnight rest either for a break in driving between norcal and socal (like what we did). Carpet appeared to be very dusty, fridge has what appears to be dried soda marks, door is sticky. Pillows will give you a stiff neck. Mattress is old. I felt like i only paid $20 for my stay when in reality they charged a total of $100+. Area is safe. Quiet at night. AC is old and weak.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Anna
"perfect little getaway"
I've stayed here a few times. Love how friendly everyone is and helpful. Feels like I am home each time I go. Rooms are clean, just a bit small. Breakfast is great and there are more choices to eat than in other hotels. Love that it's in the center of Solvang. I will try my best to stay there again when I return. :)
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
"Not for those who have trouble climbing stairs"
Very dated hard to navigate hotel. Our room was on the 3rd floor but the elevator only went up to the 2nd floor. From that point we had to climb 3 different partial staircases to get to our exact level. Room was dated and painted ugly olive green and mustard yellow. The design was probably once thought of as cute.
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
Loretta
"Definitely room and comfort at this Inn!"
There for Christmas eve and day. Nice atmosphere, festive decorations.
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Gilbert
Hotel room was cold, even heater working whole night. Very old hotel, for room condition, I just can say ok.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice get away"
I booked the hotel even though it only had a 3 star rating, but I really enjoyed my stay. The room that i stayed in was quite comfortable and cozy. I would definitely choose to stay here again
3 night trip Dec 23, 2014
Jena
Bed moved every time I turned. Toilet was loose and seemed to be coming away from the wall. One staff member was excellent and another behaved strangely.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great value hotel"
Great location. Hotel staff very friendly. The hotel was ideal for romantic getaway. The breakfast good value. We would stay again in the future :)
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"Cute hotel"
We stayed here in Solvang one night as part of a Christmas California road trip. The hotel is cute, but definitely showing age. We stayed in a tower queen room and the room just seemed dated. The carpets need to be replaced and the bed was extremely lumpy and creaky (my husband and I woke each other up about once an hour all night because of how loud the bed was when you move). The shower is nice and big, but very little water pressure. The sink was large, but shallow, and we got splashed with water everytime we used it. No counter space other than a small wooden table next to the sink, so doing your make-up is difficult as you have to keep going back and forth from the table to the mirror. Also, we were on the 3rd floor and the elevator only goes to the second floor, so we had to climb a flight and a half of stairs with our bags. The staff were very nice and there is a free hot breakfast in the morning. Free self-parking too. We were a bit disappointed with the town though. We've seen Solvang featured in numerous magazines as a "Christmas town" and it really didn't seem to live up to that title. The town is lit up with Christmas lights, but nothing spectacular. The stores are very touristy and most just sell stuff that was imported from China... nothing seemed authentic. There is one nice Christmas store on the main street though. Restaurants were in short supply, but a shop keeper recommended Chomp's (a burger place next to the mermaid fountain) and it was delicious!
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Close to the Hitching Post but freezing in Dec!"
My second time here. It was fine in the summer but in December the heating was almost nonexistent and extremely noisy. Turn up the thermostat and instead of warm air you get a loud knocking/vibration. Windows also had not been properly closed when we got in. No extra blankets provided in room, though staff brought some over. Otherwise clean and cute, nice breakfast.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Rory
"Very nice hotel."
The hotel was very nice and had an amazing free breakfast. The town is a bit racist but, that has no reflection on the hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Mattia
"Close to Sansum."
Very close to Sansum. Lots of restaurants close by. Quite location. Great shopping.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
susan
"Spacious but needs improvement."
Large room but carpet outdated. There were other cosmetic deficiencies throughout the room. For the price I expected a better room.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
We had to take the stairs to the 3rd floor and it would have been nice if the elevator went up to it. Otherwise, good breakfast and the staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and the gardens were beautiful. Good location too. I would stay again.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Would stay again"
Overall it was great!
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Liza
The ac/heater was broken and not accurate when running. The room was very small and didn't have any seating except 2 small chairs. The tv was old and small.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Beautiful area"
Although the pictures online displayed the room quite a bit more cozy than it actually was, the location of the Inn made up for it. The Wine Valley Inn was walking distance to the shops and restaurants in Solvang.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Never put a kid on the second floor"
Pretty little place, but couldn't sleep because they put a kid upstairs . He was running around all night.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Quinh
"No heat"
This would have gotten significantly higher marks, but the heat in our room didn't work, and we ended waking up shivering in bed because it never came on over night. Had we known sooner, I would have asked for a room change, but since we found woke up from it I decided to report it at check out and hoped for either a discount or even a voucher to come back. No such luck. Paid $175 for an uncomfortable room, and will most likely take my business elsewhere for future trips to Solvang.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
Sebastian
"Beautiful place!"
Beautiful area! Nice room! A+
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Jennifer N
"I would stay here again."
Hotel a bit dated, but acceptable. I like to judge these hotels by their complimentary breakfasts, and this one was above average. I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
Will
not worth the money. large elavated window had no shades at all and the sun woke as at dawn. lots of barking dogs. noise was loud from the hallway.
Other trip Nov 7, 2014
"Pleasantly Suprised"
Was very surprised with the hotel looking and being so much better then expected. I have stayed in other hotels in the area and they have not turned out to be what the details/picture show. I will for sure be back.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Janine
"Great hotel!"
We had a great 20th wedding anniversary here. Great service and lovely room. Breakfast was tasty. Can't wait to come back.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Solvanger
"Sunny Silly Solvang"
We stayed in Wine Valley Inn for one overnight before returning to LA. We chose Solvang on a whim having heard it was a very cute town with great flair, food decor. It was everything we had heard. The hotel was very comfortable and well appointed, the wine tasting was very pleasant and the staff was helpful. Our only issue was not being able to connect to WIFI.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
SHEILA
"Some good, some poor aspects of this hotel"
Our experience with the Wine Valley Inn was mixed. On the good side, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location of the hotel is close to the Solvang shopping district. The complimentary breakfast was good and fresh, and the employees were nice and helpful. On the bad side, the room we were in has an adjoining room with rather loud and rude guests. Their voices carried easily into our room. We expected a quieter hotel experience. We were unable to get the WiFi to work, even though we were connected. The bathroom and tub was clean, but needed work. The plug for the tub did not work.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Stan D.
"a very cute spot...I wanted to stay longer."
I enjoyed the surrounding neighborhood...It was like I was if Alice and wonderland. The sock shop is a must.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
Nicole
You have to experience Solvang if you never have. We just loved the Danish and small town feel. Everyone is super nice. We picked Wine Valley Inn because not only was the price right but it was right in the middle of town so we could walk everywhere. It's not a brand new place but it still beats most chain hotels. If you have stayed in hotels in smaller European cities then you will appreciate this one being very similar. Loved the fact it had a frig in the room to store fresh produce we got at the farmers market, and a true stand up shower, not a bathtub shower. Our room also faced the mountain range behind the hotel so we got a beautiful view. Nice little breakfast, nothing fancy but all we needed and sat outside to eat enjoying the wonderful Cali temps. Will definitely be back! One improvement they can make is getting a new or better mattress, the slopeing was not good for the back.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Hughes
"TO DOG FRIENDLY"
Have a problem sharing breakfast with couple and their dog. Dog was not a service dog in harness or marked. They fed the dog scraps from their table just like home. This is to PET Friendly.
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
"Solvang 2014/10/14 no WIFI"
No WIFI!!! That sucked. Front desk told me it was my apple and their server? Really! I don't think so, she offered me to go to Pattersen, gave me their user name and password. That didn't work. When I went to print my boarding pass I noticed there was no printer. With that I assumed it will print at their desk. Nope. I was told to send it to THEIR EMAIL and they will print it for me. Really? The front manager was able to help me otherwise. I was able to use her computer and print from there. That was a blessing. I'm not sure if the front desk person knew how to help ppl process their boarding passes, not to mention the line of ppl in front of her while trying to help customers on the phone. There is NO WAY TO FOWORD you boarding pass to their email per management. Not having WIFI SUCKS! The room was most comfortable, safe. Bed was firm, pillows were hard. (you get what you pay $$ for) Room was clean. Loved the garden like surroundings. I stayed here because of the rating. I noticed the NO WIFI, but I thought it would be fixed. Yet front desk gave me an excuse that doesn't sit with me. It was a great visit. We stayed in Lompoc before coming here, paid same rates, got great WIFI, most comfortable bed and pillows room was clean, safe. With that great comfort room I was truly expecting the same if not better in Solvang. Stay in Lompoc, pay their price $$ better comfort. Thanks for asking about my stay....
2 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Happy valley
"Average nice hotel"
Good hotel to stay at, but the food is absolutely terrible
Suzanne
The free breakfast was minimal, but a welcome start to the morning hours
Charlie
Very clean hotel, close to restaurants and shopping. We really enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Hotel in central coast wine country"
Very great location. The town of Solvang is a very dog friendly too. my pooches and I had so much fun.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Wendy
"Fresh Local Danish for breakfast"
Wine Valley Inn was a lovely hotel situated in Danish Solvang. We enjoyed friendly service and the clean, well kept hotel. The rooms were standard, but clean and well kept. We would definitely stay there again-- the fresh locally baked Danish at breakfast WAS AMAZING- I would probably go back just for that!
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Stacey
"Hotel with lots of character."
Great weekend getaway. Hotel had lots of charm. Stayed here 16 years ago. Lots of night time noises but expected from a older building. Bed and pillows were nice, blankets lacking. WiFi non exsistent. Better to use cellular data for connectivity. Easy walk to all the shops and restuarants. Overall fun weekend.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
AD
"Great place to stay in Solvang"
The staff was very accommodating ! They allowed us to store our expensive road bikes in their conference room. We were in town for fun following riding in the San Luis Obispo Lighthouse Century. The room was fine, although we did have to walk up a flight of stairs as we were in the "tower". The breakfast was adequate.Very convenient to town. We'd stay here again.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
"Solvang over nighter"
Rooms seemed to need a makeover. Would rather have taken a room instead of the loft.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Great area"
Great place to visit only stayed one night but will need to come back
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Nelli
"Don't be fooled by the photos"
While the exterior is charming, like many hotels in Solvang, the rooms are in desperate need of renovation. Everything in the room, save for the TVs, looked ancient. The sofa bed was totally awful. The hallways and stairs are very dirty, and we were greeted by a big clump of hair on the doorstep of our room. The staff were very nice, the garden area is quaint, and the free breakfast is a plus, but I would expect to pay half the price for a room of this low-quality. I brought my parents here and was embarrassed when I saw the room. It reminded me of a cheap motel.
2 night family trip Sep 21, 2014
Both of the front desk clerks were very nice and helpful with local information. The hotel was very clean and quiet and the breakfast area was also nice. Breakfast bar was fresh and things were kept available.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Friendly hotel off the main drag of Solvang. Clean, comfortable room... Steep stairs for those on 2nd floor however.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Tommy
"Perfect for a quick getaway"
Hotel staff was awesome; the room was quaint and comfortable. Loved the wine / snack selection in the room along with beverage choices in the refrigerator. Loved the shower in the bathroom! Ample parking in two lots, short walking distances to many shops and restaurants. Nice gardens and streams along the property as well.
1 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2014
"Enjoyable stay"
Breakfast & wine tasting were really good. Friendly to kids.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Lori
"A great stay witha few minor issues"
It was a great stay- helpful and friendly staff, a very clean room, convenient location, etc., but there were a few minor issues that may the stay slightly less than perfect. The internet is PAINFULLY slow, almost unusable. I took along my computer with the intention to do a bit of work during my downtime, but quickly gave up on the idea as pages took about 5 minutes to load at times. I tried at several different times of the day and nigh- 90% of the time the internet was awful, but there were occasional bits of it working properly. If my work had been urgent the trip would have been a disaster and necessitated finding an alternate internet source- so keep that in mind if you plan on having a working stay. The walls are also paper thin- I could hear everything the people in the room next to me had to say. And the toilet wasn't the best at flushing, although it did work if you played around with it. Other than that a delightful stay. I'd go again, but would like to see their internet issues resolved.
2 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"Not toddler friendly"
This is a beautiful inn, but it is not kid friendly at all the doors are very easy to open from the inside, which makes it easy for toddler to open and close and run off, the small liquor bottles are placed low on the tables again not toddler friendly at all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with small active children.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2014
Jeanette
"Room"
On third floor , no help with luggage . I am 60 ,when we were leaving found out they had a elevator but only goes to second floor. Shower curtain does not reach bottom of shower 6 inches to short . So lots of water goes to bathroom floor .
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Wifi only works in the lobby"
Wifi doesn't work in my room.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"WONDERFUL RECEPTION, NICE BREAKFAST"
This is so much more worthwhile than some of the under $100 places. Grrrrrreat staff, a nice breakfast, and a nice room are all part of a not-too-expensive stay. My only complaint is that the table next to the left side of the bed is IMMEDATELY next to that side of the bed and you could potentially seriously hurt yourself should you forget how close you are when getting up in darkness or reaching for something left on the table (like your watch) in darkness.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Jack
"worth the money"
Hotel is beautiful and centrally located. Very good staff from the front desk to the cleaning crew. Good breakfast selection and it's worth every penny to stay in this hotel. Highly recommendable. will stay again in the future.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014