All hotels in Solvang, California, United States of America
1564 Copenhagen DrSolvangCA93463United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Comfortable
    Room is not nice
    Bad pool
"Pleasant hotel, good value"
The town of Solvang is charming and the hotel fits in with the quaint faux Old European style. The hotel is well kept but the reason I only gave it a 3 is because the rooms are old and need a bit of an update. That said, it was clean and tidy and we would have no problem staying there again. We stayed in the part that's more like a motel but they have cottages which look cute. The room included breakfast which was basic motel fare but also included some Danish pastries which my husband (who is picky about his pastries) said were quite good. They looked just like the ones they sell at the local bakery so maybe that's where they got them. They also had eggs, cereal, and yogurt, etc. we thought the hotel was a good value at a good price in a sweet town. We'd go there again.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
Roberta
"Dirty and noisy"
Carpet was stain and nasty, they were working on rooms somewhere above us during the early morning and day, so the day we arrived we couldn't just go to sleep for awhile. Made the reservation about 3 weeks in advanced, really hoped for a better room. It was advertised as having a refrigerator, but it was full of stuff they wanted you to buy, not even room for your water bottles. The breakfast was the best part of the stay, and the staff was very nice.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
room is too small and no sun shine on the window.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Young Chae
Stayed in a pet friendly room. It was very musty smelling and we had to buy candles. The air conditioner was extremely loud and disruptive to sleep. Location is excellent. Breakfast was good.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
"Just average"
Was just ok. Bathroom is so small. Can hardly move around in it. Nice to be in town near the action. Breakfast was better than most free breakfasts.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
lee
"Disappointed!"
I was in Room 34. The carpeting was totally awful! Great big stains & dirt around bed! The furnishings were old & very dark! The toilet was so low you were almost on the floor. Both checking in & out had to wail a long time to be waited on. I was very disappointed. My room cost $130 a night. Certainly not worth it! I won't be staying there again. I felt I should have been reimbursed.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2015
barbara
"Needs updating!"
The first room had a terrible smell is disinfectant. ..changed rooms to second floor...no elevator. .bathroom dark and dinzy..no bathroom fan... way behind the times ...rooms need renovation would not stay there again. We were on our honeymoon, great disappointment!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Great little stay in the middle of the city. We had a great time here and enjoyed their evening wine tasting. Just a tip for everyone heading out to Solvang who consider taking in the local play ask the front desk to get you your tickets.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Oscar
"Nice hotel, close to shops and beach"
The experience was fantastic, nice accommodations, large rooms, restaurant was nice, food great along with service.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Great price location parking - staff divided"
The receptionist did not seem to care much about her job - was talking with the handyman and ignoring me while I waited for her to acknowledge my presence. Aside from that, there is a decent amount of free parking, the rooms are nice, and the breakfast was also up to standards with limited outdoor seating, but a nice eat-in area, as well as to-go boxes in case you want to take it to your room. It is right in the center of town, and the price was great, so I would recommend it. In terms of the reception, the hotel should only hire people who are pleasant and customer oriented. The only reason I give it higher rating on hotel staff is because of the lovely woman attending to guests at breakfast - she was a 5 star in my opinion, while the receptionist was barely pushing a 2.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Katrina
The hotel grounds were cute and clean. The staff we encountered were friendly and polite. The continental breakfast was good. We were only disappointed with the room itself. It was very dated & had a musty smell. The wall AC unit did not work. It only blew warm humid air. Luckily we were only there to sleep.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Person at the reception on check in was RUDE"
On arrival I went to the front desk.. Discovered that I had two rooms in two different parts of the hotel. NOT happy!! Person at desk was down right rude and not helpful at all. Basically told me tough .... !
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Avoid this Aging Facility"
Had a quick overnight stay in the hotel earlier this week and found it to be of only borderline acceptability. It is in an excellent location, however fails on most other counts. The rooms are totally outdated, with worn carpeting, chipped paint on the floorboards and an antiquated wall unit A/C. It has a small flat-screen TV on the far wall opposite the bed which creates volume and viewing deficiencies. The coffee maker still had water in it which had formed a dingy film in the water container. It was unusable. Likewise, the sink drain had a scummy black ring around the drain which I had to wipe with a tissue. Truly gross. In all, this is a property that is rated three stars which should actually be rated as a two star property with an asterisk for dated, worn and dirty. You would be better off and feel more comfortable in a newer Quality Inn or Motel 6 than staying in this neglected hotel. I am a meeting planner in the hotel business and can assure you that this property doesn't meet the grade.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Denis
"Excellance"
Wondrful
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Isabel
"Great time."
Had a great time my wife's first time visiting my 4th time there. Always a pleasure visiting. You must go.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Very nice hotel"
Very, very good. A Jacuzzi would have made it a much better experience.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Ok hotel in Solvang"
Was somewhat disappointed in the accommodations at the Wine Valley Inn. It looks nice from the outside, great location in the town of Solvang. 1st floor room was somewhat noisy from the tenants upstairs and those passing the room outside the front door. Carpets looked dirty and ceiling needed paint from a previous repair. Room décor was very outdated.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Awful place!!!"
Musty, smelly property .... Have to walk up three stories to get to the room with bags. The only saving grace was the breakfast
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
ar
This hotel was in a great location, walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. The hotel itself was older but has had some recent renovations. They gave us a large room that required first an elevator ride and then a climb up a steep set of steps with luggage. Our room was nicely decorated but had a faint mildew smell that you might find in an older home. The staff was very accommodating, when we called to find out where the ice machine was they immediately offered to run ice up to us. When we left we couldn't find the luggage cart so they came and took everything down for us. It was a very nice stay. I would stay again.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"Great Santa Barbara retreat"
Excellent experience. Place is very quiet and staff is friendly. Bed was uber comfortable and the room was very clean. My only suggestion would be to include a small personal fridge for water and cold snacks.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
"Cottage environment in the heart of Solvang"
We arrived on time for check in at 3 pm. The hotel was easy to find as it is just off the main road in Copenhagen Drive. There are rooms facing the parking lot but we thankfully requested accommodation away from it. The room (Chateau double) was clean, well equipped and comfortable. Lovely garden and easy walk to the breakfast room. The hotel is centrally situated for walking around Solvang. A great choice especially as the town gets a lot of foot traffic from visitors so it's great to just leave your car at the hotel and explore. We were impressed with the breakfast selection of hot cooked food and continental choices. The breakfast room overlooks a small patio area where you can eat al fresco if you like.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Nice, and warm staff. The hotel has a beautiful landscape. Room is a little small.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Central to everything. Room 303 condition was beaten up. Carpet worn, blinds not fully private (gaps) and the bed buckled in the middle. Bathroom was surprisingly nice, however the faucet shot out the water. After dinner we stayed out later than we wanted to because the romm was kinda depressing.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Bernard
Wonderfully charming place to stay and an excellent location! Walkable to all the best attractions in Solvang. Room was large and comfortable. Loved this place!
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
"Nice room, kind of small, but very clean."
The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. There was not much parking and only one handicap space near our room. There is no elevator so there is no handicap access to the upper floors. Breakfast (included) was great.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Linda Lou
"Try something else"
Don't book just by looking at the pictures. The rooms that you see in the pictures are their higher-end rooms and cottages. The hotel need reconditioning. It seemed like they refurbished their bathrooms but they decided to leave the rooms untouched. Not worth the money you can find better and cheaper rooms in the same location.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Ashwin
"Nice hotel. Very close to downtown."
Hotel is reasonably priced for what you are getting. Comfy with walking areas.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Henry
"Cute Hotel Close to Everything"
I was greeted by Christina who was nice and funny. Our hotel room was very comfortable and quiet. My kids loved the koi pond and the groundskeeper let them feed the fish. There is a small fridge in the room which allowed us to put in some items that we picked up at the Solvang Farmer's Market. We plan to stay again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Tina
"Walking distance to everything."
It was nice having our own private spa. Breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"sofa bed"
The sofa bed was too uncomfortable. We had to close it up and sleep on the sofa itself. Also, the air conditioning did not seem to be working properly. The room felt stuffy.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
Our experience was fine, don't get me wrong, but if you are looking for comfort and style this isn't the place. This hotel has the thinnest walls and the most uncomfortable bed I have ever laid down on. There was a glob of unidentified goop on the sink counter which left me to wonder what else wasn't cleaned. When I wasn't woken up from aches and pains from the ridiculous bed, I was woken up from every other hotel guest in the hall. It sounded like they were right in our room. But, the price and location makes this hotel an adequate place to stay. That's about it.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Comfortable room, nice staff and nice breakfast
2 night trip Jul 6, 2015
Allen
"Close to all amenities and shops"
The day time staff and manager ( Christina ) were extremely helpful and offered many sites and suggestion to take in while we enjoyed our very pleasant stay in Solvang.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Bob and Mary
Hotel was tired, but breakfast was good, especially the pastries! The room we stayed in was stuffy, stale and worn out.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
The hotel was pretty good but the bed was very uncomfortable. Additionally, they charged me a higher rate than what was quoted on hotels.com.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Our room was unfinished, loud noise in room 29 it was so loud we couldn't sleep,receptionist not very friendly.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Very nice
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
"Our go to place"
It was a great over nighter and the gal at the front desk was so great, also the gal serving the wine at their happy hour was great as well. They have a wonderful breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Kim - Roger
"Nice hotel in Solvang downtown"
We stayed in the hotel for one night during our road trip in California. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast is very good, serving sausage, eggs and hashbrown et al. It is located in the downtown of Solvang.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Would stay here again"
The room was nice very cute surroundings outside and we loved the free breakfast every morning super close walking to all the shops and just 5 min drive to the casino.We will be coming back for sure
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Laura L.
Clean, cute, comfortable place to stay. Good breakfast!
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
k
"Cute town"
A cute Danish town with lots of shops, food and things to see just steps from the hotel. Great garden area.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Debbie
"Excellent location"
This hotel is located in the middle of town and near the Lucas and Llewellen tasting room. You can walk to many shops etc. however my only complaint is the bed was extremely uncomfortable for us. While I love the location and value I'd have to think twice about sleeping in that bed again.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Sharyn
Great location ! Would stay here again nice staff , clean rooms !
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Pet friendly hotel"
Stayed one night to explore Solvang. The walls are very thin. Since this hotel is pet friendly, we could hear many dogs barking through the walls. The property has a well kept exterior and is nicely landscaped. Very close to everything in town.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
"Had a great time"
The hotel is older but very clean. We had a nice breakfast in the morning. Will definitely go back.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
You can walk to all the shops and wineries. The grounds were clean and nice upkeep.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Wine country"
Very convenient to shopping and restaurants. Very quaint town. Would definitely return and stay at the Wine Valley Inn.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
LuAnn
"Clean hotel and nice breakfast!"
clean hotel, nice staff and quality breakfast
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Cem
"Wine Valley Inn-Recent Stay"
The room was decent, had a nice spread of goodies in the room for a price, and a comfortable space. The issue was there was no desk in the room so I could not use my computer to do work I needed to do. I found myself at 10pm going to the breakfast area in the lobby to use an old empty desk.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015