All hotels in Fremont, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5375 Farwell Pl, Fremont, CA, 94536, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Business trip - unacceptable stay"
My traveler was on a business trip and only stayed 2 nights. He didn't need much, unfortunately what he received was less than minimal. The front desk was closing within 5 minutes of his arrival and didn't seemed compelled to give full service. The room was ghastly with regard to cleanliness.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am very disappointed to hear that you experienced cleanliness issues during your stay. In response to your feedback, we will re-train our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is cleaned to our standards. Please accept our apologies for your experience. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Business travlr
"Not what was booked."
Reserved a king suite non smoking. When I arrived there at the scheduled time they said all that was available was a smoking room "queen" suite. Was not going to stay in a smoking room so they found me the handicap accessible room that was "queen" bed, but non smoking. I was not wanting to take a handicap accessible room from someone that might need it, but they said it was on the second floor and the elevator did not work so it was ok.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Could be a candidate for hotel impossible."
Pulled back the bedspread and found a big clump of Hair, no plastic cups or ice. The sheets looked like they haven't been changed. The breakfast was a joke. Plastic wraped muffins and energy bars. I have picture of hair
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests receive the best service, fresh room, and a comfortable accommodation. I am sorry that we did not meet this goal. Your comments will be used for coaching my team and to improve to ensure your experience is not repeated. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Motel6 facility at Best Western prices"
I was kept waiting at the check in for 10 minutes while the receptionist chatted on the phone. The room looked and felt like a Motel6, next to the noisy freeway and had no hangars for clothes. This is the kind of place I used to stay at for $50 a night, to be charged over $100 for a room like is criminal.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
alphie
"Sketchy"
When I checked in there were cops arresting someone in the building. After I got into my room I had to ask for hangers, which were never brought up to my room. The most disconcerting thing was that the holes that received the bolt to keep the door closed were stuffed with toilet paper. Someone could have just pushed hard on my door to gain entry. Pretty sure some thievery was planned.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Allan
"Do not stay here."
The front desk clerks (3) ignored us for 10 minutes before checking us in. The pool was closed. Given our keys and told we are in "the other building." We parked by the other building only to find our room was on the very opposite end (it would've been nice to have been given more direction). No coffee maker in either room (we rented two rooms). Stains on kitchen counters. There was litter on the grounds outside, the hallways, the stairwells and in the elevator. The rooms smelled and we were missing blankets. When we called for blankets we were told "we don't have any". The walls were paper thin, could hear the neighbors TV and children. We could've stayed at Motel 6 for comparable rooms and saved over $200. The continental breakfast was non-existent. Glad it was just for one night. I couldn't imagine an extended stay; only the trash can in the bathroom. DO NOT STAY HERE.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Barb - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you experienced so many issues while you were here with us. I do apologize that you were unhappy with our hotel, but we are working on getting those issues resolved to ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again. I have spoken with our staff to ensure that we are keeping our hotel clean to the greatest of standards and I assure you our staff will continue to do whatever we can to make sure your future stays with us are excellent. We are very thankful for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Mountain Barb
"Cleanliness"
It seemed as if whomever cleaned the room didn't clean it right there were still traces from the previous travelers
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Nice hotel with great staff."
I usually stay at extended stay and always prefer to got here everytime because of near by locations and had great staff. Everytime I check in the staff is always ready to help and always talk with great attitude. Ricardo is the man who always smiling ad making sure customer is happy.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Gagan
"Helpful staff"
Staff was kind and helpful.
2 night business trip Dec 31, 2014
"Wrong place!!!"
It was terrible! I travel alone and was sent to a separate building, the shower faucet couldn't be adjusted for a warmer shower and the soap had a rancid smell.
2 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
Diana B
"Not returning"
My room smelled like cigarrettes. It had a huge red stain on the carpet - it looked like someone spilled a very large strawberry flavored drink. I am not sure it was ever cleaned because the stain was extremely prominent. The telephone also had some of the same red stains as if it had never been wiped. In addition, there was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion in the bathroom - nothing at all. I'm not asking for top of the line products and amenities, but this was ridiculous.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you experienced so many issues while you were here with us. I do apologize that you were unhappy with our hotel, but we are working on getting those issues resolved to ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again. We are very thankful for your feedback and hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
"Awful, Awful, Awful..."
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area for any reason. The staff is slow and not helpful when matters of guest comfort are brought to their attention. My room was dirty, the carpet was stained, and it smelled. The heating/cooling unit was on or off and did just blew air, nothing more. Two pathetic towels and a bar of soap, not even a hanger in the closet. This hotel is awful, I recommend looking for another property in the area.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you experienced so many issues while you were here with us. I do apologize that you were unhappy with our hotel, but we are working on it getting those issues taken care of. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, our staff is being coached on providing excellent customer service, double-checking rooms for cleanliness, and going the extra mile to accommodate our guests. We are very thankful for your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
"Not what I expected at all..."
No remote in the room, broken light over bed, no shampoo, big burn mark on counter-top, no supplies in kitchen, run-down room condition.
Christopher
"Hair in the bed"
At first I thought the place looked nice then I went into my room. I could tell the room was not cleaned very well. On the desk and all the counters there was oily smuggs and crumbs. but the worst part was went I open the bed to sleep there was a few clumps of hair. So I asked for a new room at that point and in the new room what do you know hair in the bed and the heater / ac doesn't work. "Awesome way to spend my night after a long drive"
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
jaymes
"Always a pleasure"
It's always a pleasure staying here. The reception is very pleasant, no matter who is behind the desk. I feel like they are actually glad I decided to stay with them.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"this hotel sucks"
I will Never stay here again!!!!
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
"Really? This place gets 3.7 overall?"
Besides the giant red kool-aid stain (I hope it was kool-aid) on the carpet, the thin blanket made out of recycled polystyrene cups, someone's hair around the sink, and not even a plastic glass with which to get water, this hotel was top-notch. For a motel 6 in Bakersfield, that is, which should not cost more than 59 a night. Given that I paid considerably more than that for this hotel room: an utter rip-off. Ugh. Cannot recommend under any circumstances.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I do apologize that your room had such severe cleanliness issues. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping service did not meet your needs providing you with a plastic cups which should be left in every vacant room. Please know that I will be working with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards and inspection procedures to ensure that all rooms are thoroughly cleaned and properly stocked. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"Terrible - dirty and worst service!"
I won't stay here again for sure! It took me 20 minutes waiting at the lobby/front desk to check it - that guys was who know were! Got in the room and it smelled terrible, really disgusting - I couldn't figure it out what it was. An hour later I found underneath the sink two-2 trash bags that had been there for a few days - wasted and decomposed food, they clean the room but the left the trash inside - I threw it outside, held my breath while doing it. The room was still smelly, I couldn't ask for a room change as it was a few minutes past 11:00pm and the lobby closes at 11:00pm - had the spent the night in the smelly room. Last time I will stay with this chain.
3 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"Not for the light sleeper"
Noisy refrigerator Heard next door neighbor snoring ALL night, both nights Cheap linens,.towels Toilet tricky to flush
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"ok."
They really need to change their "2 towels only" policy. People need more than two towels to dry off and don't have to want to keep exchanging them for new ones. Not bad overall.
2 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2014
"Really? Only two towels?"
They only give you 2 towels at a time and want the dirty ones first when you request new ones. Housekeeping doesn't come unless you are staying for about a week. Also they don't have a really good "continental" breakfast. Not bad overall.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
"Needs to be cleaned every day!"
We were there for three days. You had to pay extra if you wanted maid service. The kitchen only had very minimal supplies, no bowls! The front desk was in another building that was not connected so we passed on the morning breakfast. I found long black hair on the blanket the first night. The toilet had hard water stains. I don't think I will be staying there again.
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Terrible hotel"
I have never stayed in a hotel this unclean and with such poor service. Do note that they do house keeping only once in 8 days. They will provide u with the kitchen appliances and pots and pan only when u ask them for it and then u will have to carry it yourself to the room. If u want your bed sheets and towels changed, you will have to take them yourselves to the reception area and get them changed. Many machines in the laundry are broken and not fixed immediately. The detergent dispenser is forever stuck and can not be used.
"Weekend getaway"
Hotel is in residential, commercial area, tucked back away from the main street. Tricky finding the way in to it. Room was more than adequate. No mention of "continental breakfast" made on check in. On returning from Dinner found interior door to our building locked. Tried using key card and also calling front desk without success. On the way to the main desk found a side door to our building and key card worked there. In the morning used side door to go to breakfast. Found only coffee, some fruit and packaged oatmeal - no muffins as advertised in room brochure. Had to ask for the muffins. Returning to our building via side door, found the door did not lock when closed - where's safety? Our key cards did not work when we got to our room. Had to go back to main desk and told staff about the side door not locking -"it's OK, it's broken." Staff did not seem very concerned nor overall friendly.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Michaelene
"Avoid this hotel."
This hotel is awful. The non smoking room smelt like smoke, the room was filthy and the bed was like sleeping on the floor.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are sorry to hear that your non-smoking room had a smoke odor and that there were cleanliness issues as well. We also regret to read that you found your bed to be uncomfortable. In response to your review, I will be working with my staff to ensure that properly cleaning and deodorizing our rooms. As well, I will share your feedback on your mattress with upper management. Thank you again for the feedback you provided; it will help us to continually improve our hotel. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Bradley
"clean place"
nice and clean
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Cecil
"one of the worst hotels I've stayed at"
I've stayed in probably hundreds of hotels in my time as a consultant and this is certainly in the bottom 5 if not the bottom. While the look was nice and the neighborhood was nice the rest of the stuff was bad to terrible. The pillows might as well have been towels. Unless you pay the additional fee for wifi the wifi is near dial up speeds. While the main reason for staying in a hotel like this is the kitchenette you must request utensils and dishes and pans. I requested these upon my check in it took over an hour to get these and after I got them they were dirty. Even basic stuff like cups or a coffee make must be requested. I was told that my room would not be cleaned by housekeeping because despite that I was there for several days it was not enough to meet their requirements for basic house keeping. And the "to go" breakfast was pathetic, a tiny granola bar is not breakfast. I have stayed in tons of hotels like this but at this price? I've had far better service and amenities at hotels that were nearly half the price.
3 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
Ron
"Not really in the hotel business"
One of my truck drivers needed a room while on the road. I used hotel .com to find and book this room in Fremont, CA and prepaid with my credit card. When my driver arrived they required a incidental charges deposit. He did not have a credit card and they would not accept cash. At first they offered to email me the authorization form to use my cc. When it came time to send the form they realized they only had access to fax because the manager had gone home. Fax machines are obsolete. I don't even have one anymore. If the hotel needs me to explain all the things that they could have done in order to accommodate my driver they should not be in the hotel business. Had to find another room and waste a lot of time trying to accommodate the hotel demands.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Terminal Manager
"NEVER AGAIN!! OUTRAGEOUS, NO SERVICE, HIGH PRICE"
My sister and I arrived at Extended Stay in Fremont Calif on a 5 day stay. 1st time. We immediately got a distasteful greeting when the young man at the counter started talking badly about the person who just had finished speaking to him. We checked in, were given the keys, and were not given any other information, except for telling us the wrong direction to the building where our room was. Once we found the building and the room, we noticed the room had not been vacummed. We felt suspicious overall about the cleanliness of the room and noticed there was a partly used tiny shampoo and 1 small soap in the bathroom. The next day, late afternoon, the room had not been cleaned by housekeeping. We asked why? A different man told us there was no service to our room, because we were staying only 5 nights instead of 7. He said we should have been told on check in. He then said, if we needed towels, we could just bring the dirty ones to the desk and he would give us clean ones. What?? Later, we asked for the complimentary dishes and utensils, which we received. We then asked if the dishes were going to be clean as in the written advertisement, we were told no, that instead we would get a sponge and soap, but never received them. The next evening, we needed more toilet paper, their answer was tomorrow. At that point, we decided to LEAVE the next morning. It is OUTRAGEOUS to pay a high price per night and get LOUSY and/or NO SERVICE in a DIRTY PLACE. WE LEFT. 2 nights was too long!!
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Traveller
No Hair dryer and coffee maker I'm the room
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Arun
The place and the room was great. But wasn't happy when somebody downstairs under us was pounding while I turned the the water for a bath and second of all the bath faucet cover is not working.. wasting water and the bathsoap.. room #216 I believed...
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Julie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your faucet was not working properly; however, we are glad that you had a great stay with us. We will have our maintenance engineer address the issue with your faucet to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
"Clean and comfortable"
Hotel staff was extremely nice, they upgraded me into a bigger room. Room was very clean . Close to restaurants and mall. Highly recommended will come and stay again.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Diamond
Complete kitchen, but you have to remember to get your utensils, napkins, cups, etc from front desk. Front desk also has the towels for the pool, but often runs out. Very clean. Customer Service was nice but could've been more organized. Breakfast was mainly muffins, apples, and bananas.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"ONLY GOOD IN A PINCH !!!!!!!"
Fair… Only one person working there at around 8 pm when i checked in. The Hotel has no ice,thats a first. I had to wait in line to ask if there was ice.There is nothing in thee rooms. Not even plastic cups. You have to look for someone that works there to make you a package of stuff you need for the room. There were towels,and two small bars of soap, and thats it.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Sam
"Relaxing"
It was great..I felt so relax..really, needed it..I have been several times..and will b back again.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
this hotel has no amenities, no maid service unless you stay 8 days. There are no pots or pans in the kitchen, or plates, forks, or cups. The towels are little more than rags, and if you need a clean towel you have to exchange them at the front desk. You need to bring your own shampoo and conditioner, as they are not provided. If you just need to stay the night this hotel will do. However if my wife would have been with me she wouldn't have been happy.
4 night trip Aug 11, 2014
volton
"terrible"
I travel for work twice a month on average...I typically stay exclusively in Marriott hotels. On this trip I had a lot of trouble finding an available Marriott, so I tried this hotel. I was sorely disappointed with many aspects of the hotel. My room had a kitchenette but did not have even a single glass, fork, or plate...There were only two solid bars of soap provided, no shampoo, conditioner, nothing. The towels were coarse and rough like a brillo pad. The grass by the bbq was dead and looked terrible. I guess I learned my lesson. ..staying with Marriott.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
traveler
We stayed at the hotel for a week and then extended our stay for another 10 days. Our room wasn't cleaned for another 3 days inspite of constant reminders and none of the hotel staff would take responsibility to ensure it would be done. Also, the kitchenette isn't stocked and need to fetch anything you need from the front desk. I'd suggest the neighboring Marriott Residence Inn incase you intend to stay beyond a week.
7 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Pankaj
"The Best"
This is by far my favorite Extended Stay. This place was clean, the staff were pleasant and the rooms are spacious and up to date. This is an awesome place to stay if you're doing business in the area for a week or more.
8 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Sidney
"Not Good"
Will not be back, if I can help it. Not a dish, no paper towel, not a fork, spoon or knife. Had yo go to the office if I wanted any thing. No coffee, lotion,..... These are amenities you expect in a hotel.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Blanche
"Good hotel, but bad wifi"
Hotel was great and better than I expected, but the wifi was incredibly bad, even after purchasing the highspeed internet.The room was nice looking and the bed was comfortable, but the AC was broken so I couldn't adjust the temperature. Hairdryer was no where to be found in the room and there was no shampoo or conditioner.
12 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Not so great"
Look nice from outside. Staff was curtious. Lobby was freezing with ac on maybe becuse the halls somewhat smell musty. Upon enetering my room the door was broken and you had to lift the door and push to get in. Also there was no compimentary shampoo or bath wash. Jus a bar of soap. For the price it was ok at best. Could have been way better.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
"Great room"
Very nice room
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2014
April
"Thanks"
Thanks to the hotel from desk staff for cooperation and special thanks to khaira form front desk for providing so much information for the neighbouring places to see , eat and shop. Thanks from person in ROOM 426 (daily locker operator ) :P.. aka vishal
20 night trip May 11, 2014
vishal dewan
Booked this in a pinch since all the other places in the area were full. The room was okay, but the amenities are lacking. Was happy to leave.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
Huong
"Front Desk Fiasco"
Desk clerk who gave room key also gave someone else keys to my room. As I was trying to get a replacement key (mine no longer worked), another guest with key to my room returned to front desk and reported a laptop in his room; it was my laptop and my room. Desk clerk insisted he knew what he was doing. On the other hand, the towels are awesome - exfoliating.
3 night business trip May 6, 2014
"convenient location; but, poor room cleaniness"
average customer service; hotel general area clean; room not so clean; hairs around room area; dirty house towels
2 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Run the other way, DONT STAY AT ANY ESA !!!!"
Just call the hotel yourself, you will see what I am talking about !!!
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Good Location"
It worked for us being close to our family. It was very comfortable!
Response by Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Kim - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and your comfortable room during your visit. Still, I apologize that our TV channel selection did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"RUSS"
TOWELS ARE SCRATCHY, BED A LITTLE HARD. OTHER THAN THAT, PERFECT. ;)
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014