All hotels in Laguna Beach, California, United States of America
30806 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA, 92651, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

"Great location in run down motel ...."
We stayed in room #108 in very outdated room. The room was extremely run down very dirty chairs, bad carpet falling apart, rotting door frame to bathroom, dirty dusty areas in bathroom, mosquitos in bathroom....coffee tasted bad.... Great location in Laguna Beach.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2015
Kathryn
Nice grounds and had a little view of ocean. Only negative item for us was one bed of two ways right next to window air conditioner. I had air blowing in my face all night which was one foot away. Could not sleep well due to that. Otherwise enjoyed.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Loren
had a great time took my daughters and grandsons for a beach getaway service was very good courteous staff very helpful and always there for your needs
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Quaint and clean"
A quick over night stay to go to our favorite alive if beach in front of the Montage hotel. I was a little skeptical about staying at a Travellodge but it exceeded my expectations. The room had been remodeled and was very clean. The motel itself is a little outdated but many beach places are. The price was great compared to other places in Laguna that are right across from the beach. The convince of being able to walk out the door after a complementary breakfast and head straight to the beach was perfect. You can walk next door to cvs for anything you might have forgotten or have dinner at Rubys diner, which is always a favorite. Overall I'd totally stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Overall a good experience"
The location is the best. You are directly across the street from the beach. I love the Montage Resort, which is directly across the street, but I can't afford 1k night rooms. You can walk across the street to the beautiful grounds of the Montage and use the beach that the hotel sits on. You can also eat at the Montage hotel. The room we stayed in was okay. Nothing fancy. Good size. Pretty clean. All we wanted was a place to sleep. The price was great for the location. The front desk staff was amazing. She helped me with my luggage and carried it to the door. She was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
natalie
"Great place to stay for the price!"
Great place to stay for the price! The free trolley car stop in front of the hotel made it very easy to get to and from downtown Laguna Beach. We would definitely stay there again!
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Jonathan
"Laguna"
Great area . Well priced motel
4 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
gary
"Great view, close to the Pageant"
We were delighted to see the view from the hotel. There is a sitting area above the pool that has a view across the street and right to the ocean. Although the furniture in the rooms was old, everything was very clean and we liked having the coffee and microwave. We went to see the Pageant of the Masters and used the free shuttle which was right in front of the hotel. Great for a budget hotel! I would return.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Laguna get-away"
Everything about our stay was wonderful. The Front Desk employees were fantastic and helpful. We will return again.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
james
Amazing. Lovely staff, great location and comfortable rooms.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
Decent room with friendly front desk staff. Awesome location. Window in bathroom didn't work and there was a coffee maker but no pot. Overall good stay. I would probably stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2015
Olie
I went up to Laguna Beach for a little get away by myself. During the summertime hotels are really expensive up there. Travelodge was the least expensive option. The staff was really friendly and accommodating, the bed was very comfortable,and it was right down the street from my favorite beach. It's definitely not walking distance to downtown Laguna Beach. But, in the summer there is a trolley that's free and takes you to the downtown area. They have a stop right in front of the hotel! I will most definitely be staying here again.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2015
"See the positive !!!"
If you want to see the positive you easily can! Now if you want to only look for the negative you can find it no doubt but who cares if you can get free parking, free wifi, free basic breakfast, nice to basic rooms at a good price right at the stairs to go down to the most amazing beach. (For strollers etc take the small service road on the right) It will get you after about 4 min to the most amazing sceneries. Treasure island beach. All maintained by the montage but public with bathrooms and showers. Now if I wanted to post about all the little or maybe even big imperfections I could, but I was just happy to have all I got. Yes, it's a motel so what, I did not book the montage and paid $850 so I did not mind. I also did not pay 15$ wifi or 27$ a day for valet parking! This is a motel, so I am aware of its flaws but I am not comparing it to a 4 star hotel. I gave 5 stars because of the convenience and location. The little breakfast is basic but it gets you going and saves you money. (O/A juice, coffee, tea, hot coco, bagels, variety little cereal boxes, milk, cream cheese, jams, apples, bananas, muffins and Danishes) The free trolley stops right in front of the door. Cvs, Starbucks and Ruby's Diner Are right next to the lodge. They really try hard and if you need something just ask. Tip: enjoy your vacation and see the positive - if you only look for the negative it will ruin your stay and what's the point !
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Older motel but very clean. Friendly desk people. Room was clean and spacious with separate kichenette. Ideal for weekend getaway - would stay there again
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Bruce
"You get what you pay for."
The room was as advertised. While we were there, the toilet started leaking from the base. They fixed it immediately. The deferred maintenance in the rooms is an issue here. The staff is courteous and responsive. They raised the rates this year. They are almost too high to put up with the carb breakfast and not so fancy rooms.
4 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Landi
"Mini vacation"
It was a great little vacation spot for my wife and I.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"If you a need a cheap room..."
We have been going to Laguna Beach for a long time. The rates at all hotels continue to go up so we thought we would go the "budget route" and be able to stay an extra day. The room was overall clean but it is old and the shower door would not shut easily. We don't spend a great deal in the room when we are there so all was good. Beds were a 7 out of 10 (being best)
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Lourdes
Excellent trip great accomodations
4 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Good for beach bums"
Good for cheap getaway in laguna beach. Room was not that clean and water smelled like it came from a sewer.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Not fancy but comfortable & in a great location"
Hotel is old and kind of a dive. The bed was extremely comfortable, we slept very very well on it. Room was very clean. The staff was great. The pool was nice (no hot tub, that we could find). The location was awesome (across the street from Montage, which is a 5-star expensive hotel), plus there's a grocery store and eating places in walking distance beside the Travelodge. A traffic light at the entrance so getting into and out of it is exceptionally easy. The PCH runs in front of the hotel so there's a bit of traffic noise but not too bad. The ocean is across from that but not a 'beach' that we could see (gorgeous site tho). We walked across the PCH to, what we thought, was the beach but it about 5 million steps down and we still couldn't see a beach down there. But there's other beaches you can go to. On the weekends, you can ride a trolly that comes thru. We would stay here again!
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Jacquelyn
"Great value in Laguna Beach"
Great location across from the beach. Super value.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2015
Margaret
"Great location & price. Old room with a few issues"
Great location and great price, but you get what you pay for. This time our shower was horrible -- alternating between very hot & very cold by the second. We also had sand in the bed (which I suppose isn't surprising so near the beach). But for the price & location, we stayed. Also the parking is convenient if you're in an oversized vehicle which we were.
3 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
"Very good!"
Surprisingly good hotel for the money you pay in the beautiful area that it is and everything else is so expensive. Not the best breskfast but okay. We were very happy with our stay
2 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"cheap"
Beds are not comfy. Great location. Noisy rooms :(
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
ahmet
"Beach stay"
very nice, breakfast is all junk food but ok
3 night trip May 26, 2015
"Great hotel!!"
Excellent service and location!
4 night family trip May 22, 2015
"perfect hideaway"
Just in town for 1 day, this was in a great location and a good comfortable room. Had a nice sized corner room with king bed. Older establishment and well kept.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Ann
"Excellent!"
It's an old hotel and the rooms are small but very well mainatiaed! Right a cross for the beach, and there is a small strip mall right next door. Love it and will stay there the next time we are in the area.
1 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
Anthony
"run down"
We stayed 1 night of our 2 night stay...................we left and would like our money back for the 2nd night! The roomed smelled like pee.............very lumpy beds, could hardly sleep!
Other trip May 18, 2015
Cheryl
"Wow!! what a view."
Great hotel with awesome location. Literally across the coastal highway to get to beach...2 minute walk. Next to plaza that has cvs, zpizza and a short 5 minute walk to Rubys diner. Continental breakfast was coffee, juice, bagels, cereal, packaged pastries, fruit, oatmeal. It hit the spot. just came back and we already booked for September.Rooms are average.
3 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Lenora
"Nice property and location"
Older bungalow style property that has great common areas and excellent access to local transportation and a grocery store next door, with tidepools just below but not visible from the hotel. PCH can be a little noisy but you don't have to walk far to get on a trolley or a bus. Is away from downtown but is easy to get there.
1 night trip May 12, 2015
Ray
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice room and very accessible to the beach. Slightly pricey though
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Travelodge Laguna Beach"
Older hotel in GREAT location. Staff was nice. Pool was very vice!
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Satisfied"
We loved staying at travels lodge in Laguna, we used the beach across the street that belonged to The Montage and the experience was breathtaking. The beds were a bit uncomfortable but it was a small price to pay.
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Manjima
"Nice night, pleasant stay"
Actually they allowed me and a large group of friends to use the pool , it was for my daughter's birthday and nobody complained about the large group of people. It was in Laguna Beach so I was about $165 for one night, but I thought it was worth it for sure. I'm sure there's a lot of 5 star hotels around there that are right on the beach, but this is only a couple of block walk to the beach and the area of beach that it is it close to is nice and pretty private. I would stay there again
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Theodore
"Weekend Getaway"
Great, affordable place to stay! We were greeted with kindness and were given tons of pamphlets about the surrounding area without even asking. Offered a simple breakfast in the morning which helped save money. Beach access directly across the street and just a short drive/ walk from Aliso Beach which is gorgeous. There is a free trolly that runs along main street and there is a stop right outside the hotel parking lot. So convenient.
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"nice hotel"
This hotel is literally across the street from the beach it makes for a beautiful view and a refreshing breeze. Customer service was great and everything was clean.
1 night family trip Apr 28, 2015
Wendy
"Our stay"
Replace the Beds and this would become a decent hotel for a moderate price again.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Noisy, next to PCH and intersection."
Whoever said that the location is "away from traffic" WAS A BIG LIE! i couldnt sleep well, our room was by the street on the first floor. People tend to slam the steel gate by the entrance to the stairs to get to the 2nd floor and the head of my bed is right where it is at. You can hear footsteps and people talking. And yeah it is by the intersection so people revs up their cars or motorcycles and that adds to my nightmare! The rooms appeared to have been renovated or "repainted" but furnitures and TV are old and outdated. Shower gets either HOT or COLD. We didnt even try their free breakfast. The rate i paid $180 for a double bed is a bit pricey for the accomodation and location. The only thing that i like is that it is a walking distance to the beach. That's it. I rather pay $50 more to stay somewhere else much comfortable and quiet so i can rest better at night.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Cathy
"Great location and comfortable stay"
A great hotel on a lower budget. Fantastic beach 5 mins away. Clean comfortable rooms. Basic breakfast but great to be included in the price. Nice pool and helpful staff. We would definitely come back.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Frances
"Far better than expected!!!"
It's exactly what you SHOULD expect - A CLEAN room in which you sleep. This isn't a resort where you would stay all day at the property. Its well maintained and CLEAN. The staff smiles and they were friendly and helpful with restaurant and tavern suggestions. No hidden fees.....no trying to gouge their clients for internet access. Clean pool. The reason I keep using the word CLEAN is because for the price I was expecting something much less. I was amazed how nice and well kept the property is. I will stay here again when I return to Laguna Beach.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Ned
"sunset"
We enjoyed our stay, great location, and the city's free trolley system was an awesome addition. We could almost watch the sunset from our room!
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Timothy
"Cheap hotel close to the beach"
Can't beat the location if you want to be right by the beach. Staff was friendly, but the facilities are clearly in need of an update.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Fun time!"
We had a great time. Just what we needed after two days at Disney.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Great location, subpar hotel"
Hotel is in need of a renovation. It's in a great location but past due for an update.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Seth
Very nice older hotel. Did find old soap bar stuck in the tray in the shower. Across the street form the Montgue resort. The hotel was in south Laguna away from the traffic. Very easy access to the beautiful beach.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
william
"Location"
Beautiful location, beach right across the street. Continental breakfast could use some protein. For this location and the price I would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Angela
"Exceeded expectations"
Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night to celebrate our relationship. The room had clearly been re-modeled. Non-smoking facility, nice kidney bean shaped pool. We were very happy with every aspect of our stay. The cleanliness, availability of extras, easy parking, convenient walk to my favorite beach in laguna (directly across the street - Treasure Island). And the free tram had just started up again. Don't hesitate to book. We typically do AirBNB's but I felt that all the offerings in Laguna were over-priced and just didn't look very nice. This hotel was the perfect romantic get away. We had room 211 - if you are a traveler that appreciates location and value you won't be disappointed.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Sheila
"EASY STAY IN LAGUNA BEACH."
VERY COURTEOUS. GOOD CONTINENTALL BREAKFAST. CLOSE TO THE MONTAGE HOTEL AND BEACH.
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
shirley
"Great Hotel!"
Nice hotel in a great location, pleasant staff, room was comfy, breakfast was ok, parking was good, Will stay again
Other trip Mar 9, 2015