All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here300 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.9
    2.5
    2.1
"Nice Stay"
The Oceanside Inn had more amenities than was posted on the website. Had a hard time opening the balcony sliding glass door, but was fixed immediately after the hotel staff was made aware of it. Overall stay was fine. The bed was so comfortable and the view of the beach was great. Will go back there. The staff were very nice people!
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
Frances
"This hotel needs to be shut down"
This hotel is dilapidated and dirty. One step in the lobby and you feel like you're in a pay by the hour hotel. The smell of urine in the elevator was the first leg to our dingy room. Sliding doors were so streaked we couldn't see out. I cut the back of my leg on a piece of metal sticking out the side of the bed frame. We wouldn't stay here again if I was offered a free room. The front lobby staff was very pleasant - they need to work somewhere else.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Not much that I want to say here, not as described, not clean, not good, staff very professional and nice this helped but overall this it not what it is represented to be on Expedia.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Bad hotel"
The room was dirty and it smelled bad. The hotel was in bad conditions. The photos showed a nice hotel but in reality it is not a nice hotel.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
nacho
"Good location near the beach."
The hotel was what we expected for the price and the location was great. I only wished the air conditioner worked a little better and the room could really use some more lighting.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Tina
this hotel was in bad condition could used a little updating snack machine soda machine and ice machine didn't work
3 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
gary
Two stars, not 2.5 or more. NOT ocean front, although VERY close. 1 old elevator. Exterior hallways. TINY TINY balcony. Ice machine on my floor did not work but another floor did. Candy machine on my floor was empty and disabled. Its an old 2 star hotel. You'll survive, but you won't want to come back!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
BSK
"Wasn't on the beach front as advertised"
We stayed for one night and the hotel wasn't up to par as far as begin clean. We found a water bug in the bathroom and the room smell like mildew.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Keisha
"Very disappointed in hotel"
I was very disappointed in this hotel. I was supposed to have 2 rooms with an efficiency and pull out sofa in each. Only 1 room had efficiency and neither had a pull out sofa. The rooms were not clean at all! The showers had mold and the floors hadn't been swept. The staff was very rude when I complained about there not being a pull out sofa or kitchen. There was not enough parking so we were told if we left we may not be able to park once we return. The elevator only worked part of the time too. Definitely would not ever recommend this hotel or stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Way overpriced for the condition of the rooms. Only good thing was the pool was never really busy.
3 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Kenneth
"Holes and Ants"
My room had a square hole that was suppose to be a trap door I guess but it wouldn't close shut and it was nasty inside it. Also there was ants.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Robin
The hotel is at the beach in a good location. It is old and needs lots of bringing up to date. I will not stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Aug 18, 2014
Ann
"LOL"
If you like smelly, dirty, disgusting hotels this is your place. At least it was close to the beach
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
Emily
"Needs a face lift, but staff were nice!"
We needed a last minute room to add another day on our beach trip. Ocean Side had space and a decent rate for in-season. We knew based on previous reviews that it was a little bit of a dive. Our room was clean, but had some quirks (like the light switch to turn on the AC). Great for singles, college kids, or folks more focused on partying than family stuff. Bonus: upper level deck by the pool gives you an ocean view :)
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Jacque
"Worst"
Terrible awful I couldn't sleep there I pack up and leave 2 am
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Caren
"Do not rent this place"
Room was unclean. Cigarette ashes on the desk and floor. Beds were not ready, it looked like someone slept or sat on the beds just before we got into the room. Only one elevator operate-no air vent-carpet in the elevator is dirty. Female front desk has a bit of attitude. This is low star quality hotel, however basic stuff as I mentioned should be clean and ready. I will not recommend this hotel the anyone.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
MZTF Family
"Good location - and that is about all."
Stayed thee nights. It is really an old building. Shower didn't work at all when we arrived, but they got it fixed rather quickly. Toilet did not flush well. Room was never cleaned during our stay. The location is great, but maintenance is not so good. It was an okay place to sleep, but don't expect luxury living.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Comfortable beds, hotel run down, rooms stank! To much money for facilities!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Not the best and not the worst."
Good location, very run down condition, friendly staff. Looks worse than it is.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Nice stay. Staff friendly. Rooms clean. Easy access to the beach.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"OK Stay"
We planned our trip at the last minute. Expedia found me the room and the rate was very good considering the hotel was across the road from the beach and it was last minute. I called and Natalie was very nice and said we could park in their lot and go to the beach before we checked in. That was great!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"It's OLD, VERY OLD but clean."
Cheap, clean and terribly old. Good for unexpected one night stay.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Julia
The staff was friendly and helpful. Location was within easy walking distance of ocean. The room was in need of repair and it smelled of smoke.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"terrible place to stay"
The room was very dirty and run down on the inside. The lobby had a terrible smell. When we got in the room it was small. Pulled the cover back on the bed there were dried bugs on the sheets. The balcony was so small you could hardly stand on it. Needless to say we didn't stay there. I don't recommend this place to anybody. While we were getting our money back another family came off the elevator with the same complaint about their room.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
unsatisfied customer
"I got what I paid for, relative to other hotels."
I reserved a room on a whim (the last hotel room near the boardwalk, I think), so my expectations were pretty tempered. I was not surprised with what I got. Older hotel with spare air conditioning parts outside the lobby area. Musty smell. No real amenities to speak of besides the pool. Room had AC, but never really cooled off. Felt like I should probably wear flipflops in the bathroom. Great location, and the staff was very accommodating for my checkout.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"DON'T STAY HERE!"
The first room we were given had never been cleaned. The beds were not made and there was used towels and garbage all over the place. The laminate wood floors were all buckled and wavy. We were changed to another room that at least had made beds and towels on the racks. Good thing I brought my own blankets because I was not getting under their's. Everything was dirty and stained. GROSS! I will never stay here again or recommend it to anyone. We were not asked how our stay was at check out or we would have told them.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Not so bad..."
We waited last minute and fortunately we were able to book a room at Oceanside! I was bummed because we couldn't get oceanfront but to my surprise we still had a beautiful view if the ocean. All I the staff were extremely nice and very hospitable... The hotel is not up to date on decor and thing but is clean! The balcony size was also not great but hey.... At least we had one! I didn't see a single creepy crawler lol not even a spider.... We enjoyed our stay so much that even with plenty of time to book another hotel for next year we have actually contemplated booking Oceanside inn...
3 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Candice
"Old Hotel"
The hotel was close to beach which is only thing going for it. The room was small and smelled musty. It was not clean and I would never return again
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Abdel
"Awful hotel, don't stay here"
The website shares greatness about the hotel. Reality is not even close. It's been the worst hotel I've stayed in. It's dirty, the pool is never cleaned out. We did not get housekeeping services until we went to talk to the front desk. I called their room service desk from my room and no one ever answered. The place is old and dirty.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
nova girl
Great service! The front desk was even kind enough to let us check out late because we arrived so late in the evening. I've never had that happen before and was cometeky grateful for the opportunity to sleep in;)
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Last hotel on the beach"
Staff was very friendly. Rooms were decent. They gave us the wrong room. They fixed it. Parking is limited. Will not be returning.
kelsey
Not good. Bugs and no ice. Not worth price I paid for room.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Horrible"
Dirty rooms, Dirty Everything, customer service very rude and unhelpful!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
J
"ocean side inn"
Parking was not adequate at the hotel. Overflow parking was not explained upon arrival. Found out about it late one evening after being out (10:00). The overflow lot had poor lighting as well. The room was dirty when we arrived after 3:00 (pizza box on the floor, pepperoni on the floor, drink cans on the night stand, trash full, and discarded cigars in a cup on the balcony). There was a leak in the tub and the floor was spongy. Obvious half-hearted renovations that were simply laid over existing problems. Overall dirty appearance. Staff was responsive to the immediate issues upon our arrival. Close to boardwalk and technically ocean view. Too expensive for what it is. Spend the extra money and get a classier hotel.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"very run down"
This hotel was pretty much the only one available during the times we checked. The front desk was very nice and accomodating, and the pool was clean, that was about the only thing positive I can say. The entire hotel was very dirty and rundown. It has not been kept up over the years. I would definetly not stay here again.
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Very unpleasant , not clean and not an oceanfront hotel
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
gaby
"Typical beach hotel/motel"
Needed a place for one night just to crash and this place was good for that. Definitely would not want to have an extended vacation here.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Brook
"Needs Hotels Impossible!!!"
This place is extremely due for some maintenance work both inside the rooms and out. We had water dripping from the ceiling and the balcony was 12 inches wide. This place was scary.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
"Close to beach"
The room was very dirty and the whole hotel is need of a goid cleaning and remoldling
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Reasonable price and close to the beach"
It was a great price and a stones through away from the beach. Not too shabby!!!! :)
1 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2014
Nice location! Could see ocean from the window! Walking distance to the beach! Could leave the car on parking lot after check out time.front desk is friendly.it was the cheapest place could find not far from the beach.but bathrooms need some maintainance.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Amazonka
"Not the best, but adequate"
The hotel definitely needs some TLC, but in the height of the summer season, it was a great deal. The room was clean, had two double beds, a pull out sofa, a small refrigerator, and a microwave. It was right across the street from the beach, and located in the quiet part of Atlantic Avenue. I would have preferred a nice balcony--couldn't sit, just stand. Good for a one night stay at a decent price. Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Sylvia
"We only stayed 1 night and had to be moved 3 times"
In our first room there was hair in the bed, the floor was dirty and we had to kill a huge bug in the bathroom and one that was crawling up the side of the bed and the room they moved us too next had a broken air conditioner
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Lita B.
"Terrible hotel"
I promise you wouldn't want to stay in this hotel. There are roaches in your room, housekeeping NEVER came to clean the room. It was overall a dirty hotel. The room smelled bad as well as the lobby. I suggest no one to stay here. It's not worth the price
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
christina
"Decent place on a budget"
Just a walk across the street to the beach at the calm quiet end. A/c and fridge took awhile to work well upon arrival and balconies are super tiny, only big enough to stand not sit. Clean though and nice enough to stay for the $100/night expedia deal.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Schooler
"Sucks"
First and last time I ever will stay there the place is dirty n it sucks
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
"Not as bad as we were expecting..."
We booked this hotel the morning of our stay during a holiday weekend, so we didn't have a lot of beachfront choices. We were a little worried after reading previous reviews, but our experience wasn't bad at all. Yes, the hotel is a little run-down. But our room was cleaner than other hotels we've stayed at in VA Beach. The carpets didn't turn our feet black, the sheets were clean, and the beds were comfortable. There was a working tv, microwave, and fridge. The bathroom was outdated, and the warm water knob in the shower didn't work well, but seeing as we were there one night, it wasn't a big concern to us. The only thing to note is that I wouldn't consider this hotel to be "beachfront." There is actually another hotel across the street ON the beach, but it didn't block the beach view from our balcony. All we had to do was walk across the street to the beach versus other beachfront hotels where you step out onto the boardwalk.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
My experience was great I didn't have any issues staff was very helpful
Al
"I may only recommend it to students."
Stuff are friend and helpful. Location is good, right by Broad Walk, but not direct water front. Parking is easy. Room is clean but the facility is very old, i can only give one star.
roy
"Don't judge a book by it's cover!!!"
For a vacation that was spare of the moment this was a good hotel. You tell they had done renovations to make the rooms real nice a little work needs to be done but you can't complain for the price and still get the amenities as if you were staying on the beach. Had a Great time and will stay again.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014