All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here300 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.9
    2.5
    2.1
We had 2 rooms. One was acceptable, the other not so much. Found rotten apple behind bed-yuck!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Hotel at the beach"
I stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights with the kids, the room was clean, but there was a lot of details that showed that it needs better care ( like broken shower head). We really enjoyed the pool, it was very clean
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
olesia
Very very dirty and run down did not feel comfortable staying there because it was so dirty. Location is good though and staff was nice.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Room was not the cleanest it could have been, but the linens and towels were fresh.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
The accommodations were not good all. People don't ask you anything. The whole inside apperience were old and nasty
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great view, Terrible Hotel!"
When my family first arrived the hotel was nothing like it looked online. The elevator was small and had a musky smell, two of the rooms we reserved was outdated and old, my room was up to date and nice except for the patio door that was stuck and only opened half way! They cleaning crew acted as if it wasnt there job to clean the rooms when and only dumped the trash and gave new towels and washcloths. They didn't change the sheets,that didn't even fit the beds anyway I also was overcharged and when I told them nothing was done. The best thing is the great view of the ocean and close to boardwalk. Overall I will never stay here again!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
LadyT
"Good location; good convenience"
One block from the beach. We could see the ocean from our balcony view. The room was rather "clean enough," but not renovated/updated in quite some time. Front desk was super-quick and had what we needed all put together before we arrived. Parking is alongside the hotel, in a location where parking is otherwise at a premium. Coffee in the lobby was ... brown. Haha.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Great price and good location"
Not the best hotel but for the price and location can't complain.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
I arrived for a late check in. The attendent seemed bothered to come down even though I told them what time I would be there. The room was bad. No carpet. The laminate was in poor condition. The vent in the bath was disgusting. There was also holes in the walls. Location was great.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
Marshall
"So so"
The hotel is old with dated decor. The rooms, furniture, and bathrooms are worn and need replacement. However, the room was reasonably clean and easy walk to the beaches and board walk. For what they have, the price was reasonable.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Roger
"Good price for a reason"
Awesome location, but super sketchy. The "patio" is not even a foot big.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
brittney
"All you need"
From what we saw this is all you need in a beach hotel. Its not luxury. Youre not paying for luxury, nor does the hotel appear to be 4 star from the exterior, so im unsure as to why there are so many reviews expecting this hotel to be something its so obviously not. Our room on the second floor was clean and appeared to be recently updated. Bathroom was clean and everything was in working order. Balconies are very small and sliding door was very sticky, but given the location youre not going to be spending a lot of time out there gazing at the ocean. Beds were more than adequate. Theres some work going on here so it seems that improvements are an ongoing process. The bad... You're right at the end of the strip, so if theres any sort of event going on in the south end youre going to get a lot of traffic and noise. The parking lot is laughable. Its tiny and when full is barely passable in anything but a motorcycle. The lot at the hotel couldnt possibly be large enough to accomodate all guests, so im not sure what happens when all spots are taken. This hotel is for people who are on a bit of a budget and dont rely on their accomodations to entertain them. If you plan on being out all day and need a comfortable place to rest this is your place. If you're accustomed to having a spa on-site you should probably keep looking.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Walking distance to the beach"
Only spent one night at this hotel and it served it's purpose. Affordable and in close walking distance to the beach. The only complaint that I really had was that the facility is a little outdated.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Oceanside-not inn"
Can't even see ocean... It was on its own "island" of a median in between Atlantic avenue where it splits... Room smelled like formaldehyde... Loud tv in next room, no sounproofing, obvious dirt on throw pillows and duvet... And a cockroach was our goodbye send off party as it crawled over the doorway (in the room) as we left at 11 in the morning.... Very bad... Blame Expedia as well!!!
Other trip May 22, 2014
rva kat
"Horrible"
There were people above us at 2 am screaming and fighting, the sheets were dirty and stained as well at the tub. The blow dryer did not work. The iron did not work only one plug in the whole entire room worked.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Great price! Close to beach!"
Hotel is situated block from the beach, easy access to all the boardwalk has to offer. Great price, nice pool. Seems to be in the process of renovations. Our room was nice and comfy, big bathroom, elevator was a little shoddy. Nice views, Would stay here again.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Jill
"I will not recommend."
The view was nice & the beds were comfy. My GF and I went out on a date to Captain George's, when we came back THERE WAS NO PARKING!! Front desk was closed even though they provide "24hr service" & when staff was coming in all hours of the night, they were dodging us and sneaking into the "employees only" section of the place. We had to wake up every 3 hours to pay the meter because NOBODY left. This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed at. Next time we go to VA beach, we'll be staying at a different location.
Vana
"The staff were very nice. :)"
Ok hotel- nice staff. Not on the beach, but the room was clean.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Not a great experience, No coffee maker in room. Not what I expected for the cost of room.
"Not a quiet place"
After the booming party on Saturday night and realizing you can even hear buses stop outside, it made for a poor nights sleep. The staff was nice and they were undergoing renovations. Had a roach in the bathroom on Sunday. Most likely will not come back.
2 night trip May 3, 2014
"Worst Hotel I have every been in!!"
My room smelled, cable was not working, internet did not work either. I called the front desk, and was told they would come up and look at it. No one ever showed up. I checked out at 10:30 pm and drove 3 hours to get back home. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Annie Roach
"Awesome view from this hotel"
I had an awesome time at va beach. The hotel was comfy but smelled like paint from being newly renovated. Wasn't bad if you kept balcony door open. Right across the street from the beach awesome view!
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
Far from the the main partif the boardwalk no wifi no balcony more like a window seal but they are very friendly. Good for last minute options.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Ebony
"An ok Hotel close to the beach"
All in all it was not a bad experience but a few simple things could work wonders for this place. The OLD televisions got to go; it took me a while to readjust to the CRT screens. The WIFI service was slow plus I had to visit the front desk couple times for the CORRECT password. There seems to be a lack of simple maintenance. Some quick fixes such as elev panels, shower head are left undone. If those simple things are done; this place could be very good.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Horrible"
It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in during a trip. I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
Coty Frye
"Very disappointed....Dirty conditions"
In and out of the room very quickly.....halls filled with trash and never cleaned, rooms not cleaned, no trash containers available and toilet would not properly flush.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Corinne
Great location and view of the ocean and main road... Room was nice and the beds were very comfortable... The staff was very helpful and the price was great I'd suggest this hotel if you're staying in va beach for a few days
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
"Would not stay here again"
I had booked a non-smoking room for the Shamrock Marathon. The room was a smoking room. The manager told us that this was the only room left, but they would "freshen it up for us"?? Hotel is in disrepair. Pool was green. Old air conditioner units were setting in stairwell. Pretty rough place.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Nathan
"Okay room not the best!"
Place was fun !! Alot of restaurants! Ocean was beautiful to see!! Lots of green beer to drink!
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Nora
"You get what you pay for"
The staff of the hotel were very nice. But I had to leave early because I was sick and did not get a refund for the extra day that I didn't stay (although this is probably standard in hotels). The bed was comfortable and looked clean. The floors were wood and tile. The floors were squishy and the bathroom door did not close (the latch was painted into the open position). The elevator was frightening and I took the stairs whenever I could.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"My hotel stay was ok"
Its a cool hotel for people who will not be spending much time in the room. Its close to the beach and other nice places. The quality of the room is low. I felt it could have looked better on the inside. Overall it was ok for me.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
So dirty looking we ended up staying at Barclays tower up the street. Looks nothing like the photos!
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Olivia
"Resonable hotel stay oceanfront"
Staff very nice hotel can use some remodeling
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
"Hotel near beach"
We'll let's see; the wi-fi did not work in the room, the room was dumpy ( in fact so was the whole hotel), it was more of an efficiency apartment building than a hotel, the majority of the guests were "long term".
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"DON'T EVER STAY HERE"
I usually don't write reviews but I need to warn others of this place. This 'hotel' is dilapidated, dirty, smelly and nasty. The staff of one person is unfriendly and uncaring. We had two rooms. One of them was literally torn apart with furniture on the unmade beds and sawdust on the disgusting moldy bathroom floor. The place looked like bedbug Central Headquarters. The pool appeared to be a half full septic tank. I've stayed at quite a few low end motels in a life full of travel. This one was so horrible that we simply couldn't stay there. Of course we got no refund, but it was worth it just to put this dump in our rear view mirror. The only way to improve this place would be to bulldoze it. I can't believe the health and safety departments would allow it to remain open.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
MOST IMPORTANTLY WE APPRECIATE THE PET FRIENDLY AVAILABILITY, PLUS IT'S CLOSE TO EVERYTHING WE NEED. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
6 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"Won't stay here again!"
The hotel room was dingy, bathroom light didn't work, and the staff was less than helpful. The "coffee" that was provided for breakfast didn't have creamer available, when we asked for creamer we were told that the next person in shift was going to bring it. The next morning, still no creamer. The shampoo came in a plastic packet which was bearly enough for one person. The towels were rough and small and the bathroom wasn't very clean. The pool was an algea green and had slime on the bottom if it. DO NOT stay here! They are pet friendly and that was the only decent thing about the motel, but I would rather sleep in my car.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Don't waste your money like us"
The man at the front desk first of all, insulated my husband, but we looked past it. Then we went to the room... This place is deceiving, from pics & description, doesnt look too bad for a one night stay, but my husband & I walked into the room & walked right out. There were stains all over the bed spread, pillows were yellow, and balcony is a 8 inch area with sliding door, and a smell that I don't think words can describe. We were only staying a night,but just couldnt do it. We are not the type of people that have money to pay for a night and loose out on the money not staying there, but we just couldnt stay, it was too disgusting. We went down the street and stayed at a different hotel for the night. We found out from the employees at the hotel we moved to that the police and fire are always there because of drug dealing & usage in the hotel. Don't waste your money!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"this hotel need total renovation!"
First let me say...the person at Front Desk was polite and apologetic. She explained there were new owners..I'm familiar with this property but it has really went downhill the past few years. The first room I was given, the door handle fell off when I tried to open the room. Never could open it..Second room had a urine smell by the balcony and on the comforters. Housekeeping was knocking on my door 20 minutes before checkout like she wanted me to hurry up and leave. Yet the room really wasn't that clean to start with.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2013
Kimberly
"worst hotel ever"
think before......
Response by Ocean Side Inn
Hello. I am the new Assistant General Manager here at the Oceanside Inn. I noticed you were not at all satisfied with your stay here at our hotel and I wanted to personally apologize. I also wanted to let you know that the hotel is currently undergoing a major facelift, if you would, and that includes the staff. Our number one priority here is the satisfaction of our customers and I apologize your stay here before was not what you expected. I do hope you will give us another try, and we will do our best to make your experience here a much better one.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2013
vic
"WORST HOTEL EVER.... NO exaggeration"
I went for my birthday/labor day weekend. My worst hotel experience in 28 years. $180 after taxes, I wasnt expecting greatness but I was hoping for decent. My air condition unit was set to 60 degree but it felt more likE 85-90 and when I sooke with maintenance man he said "what room, we just fexed that one" and never showed up. I opened slideing door and after that it never locked again. Half of outlets did not work, but the worst iut of all was waking up to see a ROACH on the headboard at 7:30 am. Manager was not availablek according to staff she was scheduled but didnt show up because it was her birthday. Im still waiting on a call from manager and its nearly a week. Please save yourself time and troubles. Hotes.com shouldn't even advertise for them.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2013
"Would not recommend to anyone"
No place to hang clothes, toilet takes forever to flush, all bath towels were very small, vending machines didn't work. Only thing good was the staff and location.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Good proximity to beach, meh aesthetics"
Considering the reservation was made the day before arrival on a holiday weekend, the prices were quite decent. Right across the street from the beach and an easy walk to all of the stores/restaurants on the main drag. The hotel room itself is exactly what you'd expect for the price. Not very nice, but not disgusting either.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"It's all about the people"
I had accidentally booked a smoking room. In this day and age, the fact that there are still smoking rooms is crazy to me, but I should have checked my reservation more closely. The team at this fully booked hotel moved mountains to find an alternative in the hotel. They noticed a mis-booked reservation and we were able to move rooms. They were so easy to work with, I'll definitely stay there again. They noted that the property is under new ownership, and the facilities are going to be upgraded...that will be a nice improvement.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
jeff
"Great location - Friendly staff - two night stay"
We stayed 2 nights to visit friends in VA Beach. Hotel is a little old, but the front staff are extremely friendly and the rooms were clean.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2013
Ron
"Nice Older Beach Hotel"
If you are a seasoned beach vacationer, this hotel is a great value for the location. It is older but well kept and clean. It is the last hotel on the boardwalk to the south. We had a nice view of the ocean from our room at the far south end of the 4th floor. The beach is right across the street. It is family friendly and close to restaurants and shops. They have a nice outdoor pool. The only downside was the slow internet connection, but luckily the hotel across the street had a very fast, unsecured connection! Overall, it was a good experience and we would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
Lesley M.
"Get what you pay for"
Get what you pay for, hotel just needs a major facelift
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"You get what you pay for..."
Yes, it was about 100 less than all the others at that end of the boardwalk, and still only a five minute walk to the beach. If you're someone who can deal to save a buck, you'll be ok. Computer system was down (not their fault) but showed just how disorganized they were. I think the place is owned by someone who has more important things to do than invest in the place...it could be much nicer with a more professional staff and millions of minor repairs. All in all not worth 150 a night in my opinion.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Mid week stay - high season"
The room didn't look like the picture given on Hotels.com. The staff was friendly, the location good, and it is obvious they are trying to make improvements.
2 night business trip Aug 7, 2013