All hotels in Oranjestad, Aruba

"Best vacation ever"
Hotel is GREAT!!! Accommodation , service and very friendly staff. Best vacation in ten years . Plan on returning in august with a group of friends. After hearing my vacation all 4 couples have booked this location. Can't wait to return.
4 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
Cynthia
We had to stay an extra night hotel was very lively and nice
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"L southington"
Very good place great staff and perfect location
3 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Lytsi
"Clean, Respectful, Honest"
We were actually staying at Costa Linda Resort, however due to flight prices, we chose to come a day early and stay and the Renaissance Hotel for a night. Great choice for us ! I would like to note that I lost my cell phone during our stay somewhere in the hotel, and figured it was gone. I reported this loss to the security department at the resort. (2) days later, I received a phone call at Costa Linda (the resort i went to after the first night) that there was a phone found matching my description. I showed up a few hours later to received my cell phone. Although I feel the pace of work could speed up slightly, it is Aruba, and I think everything and everyone slows down a bit here, its just that vibe, the workers are the hotel are as honest as you can hope for, as well as kind. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again what so ever.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Jeremy
"Awesome Place to relax and enjoy the island"
Our stay was very pleasant and enjoyable.
3 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Edna
well located, this is a nice place!!!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2015
Ricardo
"BF Bday Trip"
I had an amazing time at the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino. I had the all inclusive package which is the best thing! So many participating outlets to eat & drink from within the hotel and the Marina hotel which was 5 mins away. I loved the little bottle underneath the hotel that takes you thru the ocean over to the Renaissance Private Island. AMAZINGLY RELAXING! My dislikes about the room is the shower it doesn't have door to keep the water from flooding the bathroom floor one towel mat isn't enough, there is no microwave in the room. Other than that the service was impeccable.
4 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Isabelle
"Not bad"
There's nothing really bad to say about this hotel i had an oceanfront room it was kinda small but it was ok for two ppl it was our first time on the island so I wasn't familiar with the layout after my second day there I wish we would have booked an hotel on the palm beach side just because I prefer to be directly on the beach the Renaissance does have their private beach but it's a 10 min boat ride away it's also a man made but I knew this before booking just didn't realize it would be a big deal for me until I got there overall the staff was great the hotel was clean and I enjoyed my trip
3 night romance trip May 15, 2015
nicole
"Noise kept us from sleeping"
Cool Vibe in Main Areas: very modern decor (if you like that) Location Close to Airport: If you want a quick, cheap cab ride to airport it’s good ($18). Lots of restaurants/bars nearby (a plus if that's what you want). Rooms: While main areas were cool, rooms left something to be desired. The hallways (dated), doors (cheap) and rooms (small) reminded me of a cruise ship. Warning - some rooms face the interior of the lobby and have no view. AC never got cold Half-used bottles of toiletries in our room Noise Biggest issue we had was NOISE! It wasn't a surprise that people came and went all night long (seems to be a party hotel/area) However, cheap doors SLAMMED every time a neighboring door closed. So loud it sounded like someone was breaking into our room when neighbors came and went. My husband is a very deep sleeper. I am not (so I use headphones w/ white noise). It woke both of us up every time even with headphones. Addressed with manager as we departed but she did not seem to care at all. Asked if she had ever spent a night in a room. She said no. We suggested she do so in order to understand her guest's perspective. Hotel felt more like NYC than picturesque Aruba. Despite being tempted to book for our entire vacation after good reviews a/b island, so thankful we didn’t. Would not have gotten true Aruba experience, nor r&r we wanted. We probably would have forfeited $ and moved to nicer hotel (Radisson, Marriott Stellaris) Palm Beach.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
mary
"Relaxing Trip"
The hotel was nice and in a good location.
4 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Wonderful hotel great location in walking distance"
We have been to Aruba multiple times always at this hotel it is always a great time especially the private beach
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
virgil
"Wonderful place to unwind and relax!"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us great ideas on where to go and what to see. There is a private island for swimming and lounging - also available are snacks and drinks delivered to your lounge. Great!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach and shopping areas"
Overall it was a nice experience however I found the hotel staff to be very unfriendly and have extremely poor customer service skills.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
It was amazing!!!!!!! If you want the real Aruba experience stay downtown.....not at the low and high rises.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Right for the price"
Well, overall I recommend the hotel since Aruba overall is very expencive and this hotel is relatively affordable compare to others. Location is great. Must say private island is a treat. Really beautifull and just for this hotel. We went to Palm beach and regular stip of hotels like everywhere alse. None of them have the island!!!!! Renasance only downfall to me is pool area. It is just not up to code. We did not dip even once. Looked mismanaged, not clean to say the least. As I mentioned location is amazing. Close to all the shops and the center. The second best was the bed!! I have red the reviews before choosing this hotel and red about the comfort. Did not believe much , however this bed was one of the best we have slept in and trust me we travel a lot. Even sandals were not close enough. !!!!! Las but not least, I think that Aruba is overrated ! Just not worth the money. If you want to shop in Louis Vuitton all the upscale stores you simply need to go to the mall near your house, not to Aruba. This island is called" one happy island" even on the license plates. No wonder , if us tourists, leave so much money!! Who would not be happy. Lol Forgot to mention the food situation. It is really good and very expencive. ! You need to take taxi to those good places. One down fall , no fruits. Nothing special. DR was the best as goes to verity! We know one thing , heard a lot about ARUBA, wanted to check , so we did and we will not go back .
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
beata
"Everything very convenient"
Food was delicious wish there was one more restaraunt to choose for dinner. Overall great place to vacation
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
nettie
"Great Hotel and 3rd times a charm"
Our first visit to the Island and to this hotel was in 2004, we came back in 2011 and now in 2015 all three times we had a wonderful vacation. Weather, staff, hotel, shopping, restuarants, the 9 min boat ride to the private island each day was the highlight of our trip. Will be going back for many years to come.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Estelle
"Nice with a partial view of the water"
When I arrived I was given a room with a view of the restaurant and a DePalm bus Parked in front. I asked for a change and was immediately accomodated with a room over the parking lot with a partial view of the water
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
m
"PERFECT"
PRICES ARE TOO HIGH
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
jose
"TERRIBLE HOTEL STAFF"
I had never see hotel staff so SLOW than this!!! The check in we had to wait 45 minutes and we just had two peopple before us
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Vangapi
"Nice hotel with some uniqueness"
Nice hotel in a downtown location. Has a casino, multiple restaurants, and a bar overlooked by the pool. Great staff, good size rooms that are cleaned every day, is linked with the beach hotel across the street. You are within a short walk from all downtown stores and a number of restaurants. What is unique is that a boat comes into the hotel and takes you to their private island beach with flamingos. Overall I would rate it 4 rather than 5 only because it's not on a beach.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Tony
"Place is great, but...."
Ocean suites were very comfortable, great pool, cool shuttle to mall, close to outside mall, casino, marina. Biggest issues; the air conditioning in the room was so loud it literally drowned out the sound of the tv. After buying fishing gear was told no fishing in the property despite no signs or printed rules to the contrary. Nobody on staff knew about this rule except chief of security. Would not reimburse via room credit for the gear purchased and basically told me to take a 30 minute can ride to fish. The point is you better not get in a dispute with the hotel because they have zero concept of customer service!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
patrick r
"beautiful vacation"
First time in aruba, great experience. Thanks hotel. Com.
3 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
rickie
"Nice Hotel close to shopping"
Good Hotel,may be little too expensive for the facilities they provide!
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"nice hotel worth the value"
Love the private beach at this hotel. The hotel is clean and very comfortable.
"March 2015"
Loved the resort and private island. But warning do not eat at the Acquirios Restuarant, or get your hair highlighted in the salon.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
dj
"Worth it for the access to the private island"
the best feature of this property is access to the private island.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Bryan
"Nice resort"
The hotel has some very nice features. the infiniti pool is very nice, with the exception their is a road between the pool and the view. It is a busy road with a lot of exhaust. The private island has a nice swimming and beach area and reasonably priced food of good quality. The negative is the island is in direct line to the airport, less than 1/2 mile away, and if the noise of big planes is distracting to you it could be an issue. The beach 7 miles away (11 dollar cab fare) is a better experience. The rooms in the hotel are nicely appointed and in great shape.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"February 2015 Trip"
The resort is kept up and furnished very well. The staff was nice and the room was clean. Private island was great. This was our first time in Aruba, so we went with an all-inclusive package not knowing what to expect form the area in the way of restaurants. I know it was during peak season, but prices were very high. Also, not everything included in the "all-inclusive", for example top-shelf drinks and certain dinner items. Even though all-inclusive, they provide a check at every meal showing you the cost if you were not on the plan. I would not have paid those prices for drinks or meals. We would like to go again, but I would probably not choose all-inclusive option and eat meals elsewhere. The Aquarius restaurant was the only one worth the price, with great fresh seafood cooked to order by a very competent chef.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Ron
"Loved it all"
Loved the adult exclusive, private island and very friendly staff
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Very nice hotel and location."
We spent two weeks there. The location is perfect for all the restaurants. Loved the private beach. The only complaint I have is that the beach at the hotel itself was not really a beach. The advertisements do portray something that it is not.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Alice
The hotel does not have a beachfront which is slightly disapointing but the private island off the property is great with lots of friendly flamingos.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
The hotel staffed made my experience. Very accommodating and extremely kind.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Right down town. Lots of shopping of every kind"
All shops are closed on Sunday. Great restaurant near by. Yemanji Private shuttle boat in the lobby takes you to a private beach. Only stayed one night before joining a cruise.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
JC
"Downtown hotel - child free !"
Renaissance has 2 hotels near each other - Suites for families, Marina (this one) for adults. Great location, plus boat access to a private island for beach make this best of both worlds. Good staff, decent rooms and a nice pool and bar area. Only small quibble is the carpet feels a little dated.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
huw
It was a nice room with close restaurants and activities. Enjoyed it a lot ! Beautiful pool and lagoon! I would recommend it to ant travel or looking for a great place to stay. The only thing I missed at this hotel was a hot tub. That would have been nice to have on the property.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
We loved that a room was ready for us at 9:00 am. The island beach was beautiful and had full services. The staff helped us with reaching the airlines when the airports closed in NY/Nj
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
The hotel was very clean and nice. Staff were exceptional very friendly! Food at the bar was great!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel..but too far from the Action."
Check-in: My Boyfriend and I arrived to our hotel on 1/15/15 around 3:40pm. Check in was a breeze. They let us check in early which was very nice.The only weird part was that they has me email my Expedia confirmation email to the hotel's email. I would think that they would have a copy of the on file already but I guess not. Room: Our room was located on the 6th Floor facing the town. The view was 'ok'. It was nothing compared to having an ocean view though. The size of the room was a little smaller than I had imagined but I got used to it fast. Another draw back was that the room had carpeting. Carpeting in a hotel room just skives me out for some reason. Overall both the room and bathroom was very clean. Private Island: Very convenient considering the hotel's location is far away from the beaches. It a 15 min boat ride to the private island (the boat literally pulls into the hotel). We stayed mostly on Flamingo beach because of the Flamingos but went to the other side for lunch at the restaurant. I recommend the pizza and crab cakes! Delicious! I realized that the service in all of Aruba was slower than I am accustomed to (I am a Native New Yorker) but it was excellent. I even left my hat at the table by accident and out waitress came and looked for me on the beach which was so nice or her. Hotel: Overall the Hotel was very nice and chic. The clientele seem a lot older than us 25 year olds though. Food and drinks at the hotel were worth it.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Nickey
"winter recharge"
This was our first trip to Aruba so we were uncertain as to what was the best location. We stayed in the ocean suites portion of the resort which is located in downtown Oranjestad. As it turns out it ended up being the best of everything. Even though the hotel did not have a beach on the grounds (they do have a lagoon fed by the ocean and several pools). They have a private island which is divided up between adult only and family sides. The Island was very nice and is only a 10 minute boat ride. It had flamingos and an abundance of other wildlife and the beach is protected by a breakwall which cuts the size of the waves down. It also had a bar and eatery who's menu was both tasty and reasonably priced. Being downtown, in the evening there was an abundance of places to eat and drink close by and the hotel has a pedestrian mall attached to it with shops, food, bars, and a cinema. The room was clean, modern and comfortable (albeit with a few quirks, such a light switch locations and shower hot/cold reversed). If and when we return to Aruba we would not hesitate to stay here again.
5 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Renaissance beach is worth the stay"
The hotel appears to be newly renovated, everything was modern and had a cool vibe. We were very disappointed with our room which looked out over the inside of the hotel, we didn't even know if it was sunny outside because we couldn't see the outside from our room! I feel that this was not accurately identified to me at the time of booking. We did enjoy the free shuttle to the beach and went there every day. The little island was beautiful and remote, I was bothered by the noise from the airport but my husband was not. The prices for food and drink were very reasonable. The proximity to so many restaurants, shops, movies was great, no use of taxis the entire stay. Overall a great stay, I would just ask for a different room next time
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
JDR
"Would not come back to this hotel again!"
They are renovating and staying in this hotel like staying in a construction zone, Dust, noise, smell of chemicals.... For what we paid , we expected to get more. Stuff not helpful at all!!! Our room was not cleaned twice and we had to call front desk. Plus, there pool was constantly dirty. The only good this is a private island they had... good food and nice beach.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Kris
"Pluses and minuses"
The private island and beach at the family hotel were nice but are definitely man made experiences. For a real Arubian beach experience check out Eagle Beach. The hotel is in downtown Oranjestad which is great for daytime brand name shopping and some tourist shopping but the place is dead after 8pm. For night life and more tourist shopping check out the high rise area near Palm Beach. The main bus stop in Aruba is only a few blocks away from the hotel and will get you anywhere you need to go once you have exhausted your experiences on the main street of Oranjestad.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Too expensive for what it is"
Had to spend a night in Aruba with my family and chose this hotel based on the location close to the airport. With the price they charged me I expected something close to a Times-Square-located hotel. However, it was not even close. First thing, when I arrived ,they did not even know how to find my Expedia made reservation. It took them about 15 minutes to find it, after I forwarded the confirmation email to them. Then the bell boy did not have change for the tip, so I asked him if he was going to be there next day, to what he responded affirmatively and we agreed to include the change as the next day tip. Well the guy was working at another location on the very next day. The rooms looked recently built, but the fit and finish of the counter tops, for example, looked as if they were made by a 5 year old, with silicone where they missed the cut distance and pieces of wood placed where they opened a bigger hole that what was required. It was raining and they put some towels and the lobby entrance to prevent water from entering that area, which made it look really cheap. Finally, room service was closed at 11:00pm and nobody could get me a simple coke at that time. My wife tried to use a hair dryer and it tripped the breakers for the whole room, which took them two calls and 40 minutes to fix as they forgot that I called the first time. I will not go to this hotel ever again and I would not recommend this hotel to nobody
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Ignacio
"The only place we will stay in Aruba"
This was our second stay at The Renaissance in Aruba (Marina) and it is the only hotel we will ever stay at while visiting Aruba. Here's why: THEY HAVE A GORGEOUS PRIVATE ISLAND. Nothing on the Aruba compares to this private island, hands down the best part of our stay in Aruba. My husband and I first stayed here in 2010 and were blown away by the private island. It is well taken care of, clean, had the best snorkeling spots, has an adults-only side and a family-side, and they have gorgeous pink flamingos and iguanas roaming freely. It feels like and looks like paradise. It never gets crowded, unlike the beaches at the high-rise hotels, and you can truly relax. We actually enjoy the 7 minute boat ride to the island every day, so it's an added bonus for us. The hotel went through a renovation since the last time we stayed and we think they did a great job updating the place. The rooms are comfortable and well decorated. The beds are SO comfortable. The staff is SO friendly. The Marina side is adults-only, which was great for us. Not noisy. Easy walk to the bus station to travel to the high-rise area. The buffet available at their Aquarius restaurant is actually EXCELLENT. Don't miss out, their breakfast is delicious and their dinner buffet offers delectable fresh seafood grilled right before your eyes. My husband and I are not buffet people but you can't deny good food when you experience it. WE WILL BE BACK time and time again!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Dani
Hotel staff was pleasant but I think organization and management could be better. Room was clean but room make up was very late every day with some days beds not done till 4 pm. Bar did not have very good mixers or fresh fruit to make drinks even thought the menu referenced fresh fruit. Bar service good, pool drink service staff was over worked, granted it was a holiday week and the hotel was full so that might have challenged them.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"It was just okay"
We stayed at the Marina (adults only) building. The ambient noise in the room was terrible - we had a resort view on the top floor and still the atrium echoed from the nightclub and mall entrance below. Ocean views had the same but with street noise. Upside? Access to the other hotel, main dining areas, and marina were just across the street, the mall was downstairs, and private boat to the island docked in the hotel lobby. The lively Palm Beach area was a short cab ride away to the north (by the Riu and Radisson resorts). If you are an experienced diver, stay on the south side. The mid- and north-docked dive boats will only take you to the more shallow wreck dives up north along with the uncertified resort divers. Red Sail was not impressive, but we heard good things about Mermaid Divers (they were booked in advance).
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Tina
"It is very family friendly hotel"
This was our first time in Aruba and we were worried about the hotel location cuz many people stay in plam beach hi rise hotel . But we had great time in this hotel with our 4 yrs twin, safe and kid friendly hotel since it has private beach and island. We visited plam beach, and we stay only 10 mins, since it was public and too many people with no privacy at all. I highly recommend this hotel especially if have kids~~
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
joe
"Friendly staff. Beautiful property"
Went on a business trip. Rooms are comfortable and breakfast was perfect. If you have time to shop there's a wide variety of shops on the property.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Yuma
"Highly recommend ."
Loved the city night life and privacy of exclusive beach!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014