All hotels in Oranjestad, Aruba
L G Smith Boulevard 82, Oranjestad, Aruba, ‏‎800-491-6126

"winter recharge"
This was our first trip to Aruba so we were uncertain as to what was the best location. We stayed in the ocean suites portion of the resort which is located in downtown Oranjestad. As it turns out it ended up being the best of everything. Even though the hotel did not have a beach on the grounds (they do have a lagoon fed by the ocean and several pools). They have a private island which is divided up between adult only and family sides. The Island was very nice and is only a 10 minute boat ride. It had flamingos and an abundance of other wildlife and the beach is protected by a breakwall which cuts the size of the waves down. It also had a bar and eatery who's menu was both tasty and reasonably priced. Being downtown, in the evening there was an abundance of places to eat and drink close by and the hotel has a pedestrian mall attached to it with shops, food, bars, and a cinema. The room was clean, modern and comfortable (albeit with a few quirks, such a light switch locations and shower hot/cold reversed). If and when we return to Aruba we would not hesitate to stay here again.
5 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Renaissance beach is worth the stay"
The hotel appears to be newly renovated, everything was modern and had a cool vibe. We were very disappointed with our room which looked out over the inside of the hotel, we didn't even know if it was sunny outside because we couldn't see the outside from our room! I feel that this was not accurately identified to me at the time of booking. We did enjoy the free shuttle to the beach and went there every day. The little island was beautiful and remote, I was bothered by the noise from the airport but my husband was not. The prices for food and drink were very reasonable. The proximity to so many restaurants, shops, movies was great, no use of taxis the entire stay. Overall a great stay, I would just ask for a different room next time
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
JDR
"Would not come back to this hotel again!"
They are renovating and staying in this hotel like staying in a construction zone, Dust, noise, smell of chemicals.... For what we paid , we expected to get more. Stuff not helpful at all!!! Our room was not cleaned twice and we had to call front desk. Plus, there pool was constantly dirty. The only good this is a private island they had... good food and nice beach.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Kris
"Pluses and minuses"
The private island and beach at the family hotel were nice but are definitely man made experiences. For a real Arubian beach experience check out Eagle Beach. The hotel is in downtown Oranjestad which is great for daytime brand name shopping and some tourist shopping but the place is dead after 8pm. For night life and more tourist shopping check out the high rise area near Palm Beach. The main bus stop in Aruba is only a few blocks away from the hotel and will get you anywhere you need to go once you have exhausted your experiences on the main street of Oranjestad.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Too expensive for what it is"
Had to spend a night in Aruba with my family and chose this hotel based on the location close to the airport. With the price they charged me I expected something close to a Times-Square-located hotel. However, it was not even close. First thing, when I arrived ,they did not even know how to find my Expedia made reservation. It took them about 15 minutes to find it, after I forwarded the confirmation email to them. Then the bell boy did not have change for the tip, so I asked him if he was going to be there next day, to what he responded affirmatively and we agreed to include the change as the next day tip. Well the guy was working at another location on the very next day. The rooms looked recently built, but the fit and finish of the counter tops, for example, looked as if they were made by a 5 year old, with silicone where they missed the cut distance and pieces of wood placed where they opened a bigger hole that what was required. It was raining and they put some towels and the lobby entrance to prevent water from entering that area, which made it look really cheap. Finally, room service was closed at 11:00pm and nobody could get me a simple coke at that time. My wife tried to use a hair dryer and it tripped the breakers for the whole room, which took them two calls and 40 minutes to fix as they forgot that I called the first time. I will not go to this hotel ever again and I would not recommend this hotel to nobody
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Ignacio
"The only place we will stay in Aruba"
This was our second stay at The Renaissance in Aruba (Marina) and it is the only hotel we will ever stay at while visiting Aruba. Here's why: THEY HAVE A GORGEOUS PRIVATE ISLAND. Nothing on the Aruba compares to this private island, hands down the best part of our stay in Aruba. My husband and I first stayed here in 2010 and were blown away by the private island. It is well taken care of, clean, had the best snorkeling spots, has an adults-only side and a family-side, and they have gorgeous pink flamingos and iguanas roaming freely. It feels like and looks like paradise. It never gets crowded, unlike the beaches at the high-rise hotels, and you can truly relax. We actually enjoy the 7 minute boat ride to the island every day, so it's an added bonus for us. The hotel went through a renovation since the last time we stayed and we think they did a great job updating the place. The rooms are comfortable and well decorated. The beds are SO comfortable. The staff is SO friendly. The Marina side is adults-only, which was great for us. Not noisy. Easy walk to the bus station to travel to the high-rise area. The buffet available at their Aquarius restaurant is actually EXCELLENT. Don't miss out, their breakfast is delicious and their dinner buffet offers delectable fresh seafood grilled right before your eyes. My husband and I are not buffet people but you can't deny good food when you experience it. WE WILL BE BACK time and time again!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Dani
Hotel staff was pleasant but I think organization and management could be better. Room was clean but room make up was very late every day with some days beds not done till 4 pm. Bar did not have very good mixers or fresh fruit to make drinks even thought the menu referenced fresh fruit. Bar service good, pool drink service staff was over worked, granted it was a holiday week and the hotel was full so that might have challenged them.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"It was just okay"
We stayed at the Marina (adults only) building. The ambient noise in the room was terrible - we had a resort view on the top floor and still the atrium echoed from the nightclub and mall entrance below. Ocean views had the same but with street noise. Upside? Access to the other hotel, main dining areas, and marina were just across the street, the mall was downstairs, and private boat to the island docked in the hotel lobby. The lively Palm Beach area was a short cab ride away to the north (by the Riu and Radisson resorts). If you are an experienced diver, stay on the south side. The mid- and north-docked dive boats will only take you to the more shallow wreck dives up north along with the uncertified resort divers. Red Sail was not impressive, but we heard good things about Mermaid Divers (they were booked in advance).
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Tina
"It is very family friendly hotel"
This was our first time in Aruba and we were worried about the hotel location cuz many people stay in plam beach hi rise hotel . But we had great time in this hotel with our 4 yrs twin, safe and kid friendly hotel since it has private beach and island. We visited plam beach, and we stay only 10 mins, since it was public and too many people with no privacy at all. I highly recommend this hotel especially if have kids~~
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
joe
"Friendly staff. Beautiful property"
Went on a business trip. Rooms are comfortable and breakfast was perfect. If you have time to shop there's a wide variety of shops on the property.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Yuma
"Highly recommend ."
Loved the city night life and privacy of exclusive beach!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
new englanders
"Enjoyed the private island"
Good downtown location. Recommend for 1-2 nights then up to the beaches.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"A+"
Everything about this place was great! Close to everything and service was exceptional. Marina hotel is not on the beach but takes a few minutes to get to by either at the Suites or private island
5 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
Dianna
"the best"
beautiful
4 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Anthony
"Love the private island"
Have stayed at this hotel 3 times before. The room was updated but our room had no bathroom door. Also the walk in shower so poorly designed that the floor was wet into the hallway.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Gwin
"A Hotel a cut above the others"
Renaissance is apart from all the others by being downtown which would appear to be a disadvantage as there is no beach. However it becomes abundantly clear that the private island not only compensates for this but because of the limited access provides space and privacy unobtainable on Palm Beach. The boat ride was short and a great experience literaly transporting us to a haven of peace with Flamingos and Iguana. The seperation of families and adults both on the beach and in the Hotels made for a relaxing experience twenty four hours a day. The staff are friendlly and ever willing to please. Finally the all you can eat seafood buffet is exceptional value and quality. All in all uparalled for a seaside vacation.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Carl
"Construction"
We requested and received room change due to excessive construction noise. Manager kindly included breakfast for remainder of our stay.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
rory and kate
"Beautiful view great staff love private island"
This was our 12th time at tha marina and we had friends meet us there all loved the experience. Hope to return in a few months our home away from home.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Edwina
"Renaissance Marina Hotel is supurb"
Very spacious and clean rooms with exceptionally comfortable beds. Internet lounge on each floor as well as the lobby. The private island associated with the hotel makes this property truly unique.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Basically sleeping on the runway at JFK Airport"
I want to start by saying that everyone working at the hotel is absolutely lovely and nothing below is an assessment of them, it's simply the area and the vibe.... What this hotel is good for – If you work for the airlines. If you are on a really short trip to Aruba and want to stay near the airport. What this hotel is not good for - Honeymooners. Someone looking for peace and quiet. Anyone looking to truly experience what a Caribbean Island is like. The first night I had to move rooms at 3am because the house party outside was so loud that my room was actually vibrating. I've lived in NYC for 15 years, so I understand city noise, but the walls were so paper thin here it was if the party was in my room. I'm only here for business so I'm really working out of the room for the most part but decided to venture to the beach that everyone is raving about and saying that it makes the hotel truly worthwhile. While the beach is lovely at first glance I almost had a heart attack fifteen minutes in to my visit. THE LARGEST RUNWAY AT THE ARUBA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS 100 YARDS AWAY. I thought that a plane was actually going to fly into the beach. You might as well pull up a chair and an umbrella and park yourself on Runway 4 at JFK's International terminal. NOT. RELAXING.
2 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice hotel close the main street"
Exelente....no need rental car....is very cool the pool and beach
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Ramon
Amazing weather food n drinks! Beautiful private island with flamingos!!
"Very nice hotel"
We got a great room with a beautiful view. My wife was not happy with the additional 28% charge for our room rate. We were told everybody pays it because it's a local tax. Be sure to budget for it.
Ron
"Excelent Location. Great room!!!"
The best of this hotel is the espectacular Privet beach its incredible.
emilio
"excelent Hotel y very confortable bed"
The all service of the hotel was excelent, the adult private beach was very nice, clearwater y a few people make a peace in the place, the facilities of the room are perfect..... and the bedding sublime
"Good Stay"
Hotel still under some construction in the Ocean Suite side where we stayed but they closed hole floors at once so nothing was happening on our floor. Our room was recently done, so it was pretty new. I would say the only negative is the air conditioning is very loud in the room and even if we turned it down because it was cold it did not seem to work, ran continuously....but at least it worked good.
7 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Matthew
"Texans in Aruba!"
Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The private beach with flamingos was quite the treat! Beds and linens were super comfortable and the housekeeping staff did an amazing job each time they cleaned. The only negative I can really think of is that the wifi was spotty for both of us during our trip. One other thing I wish I was told upon checking in (especially since I was leaving on a Mon) was that most activities and shops are closed on Sun so plan accordingly. My bad for not asking, but would have helped me spend more money there if I knew!
4 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2014
"Great place"
The hotel was beautiful, the marina hotel was connected to the mall and the casino. Room was really comfy except for the fact that the bathroom didnt have a door but that was ok i guess. Had a boat come every 15 minutes to take people to the private island. I would definitely stay there again.
7 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
Aaron
"Loved this place!"
We had such a great expierience at the Renaissance. We stayed at the Marina adults exclusive all inclusive side. Every single hotel employee from the check in crew the pool and beach bar staff to the wait staff at the restaurants were super friendly. We have been to other resorts in the Bahmahs and Puerto Rico and did not feel welcome like we did at the Reniassance. Julio and Nelson at the Ocean Suits pool bar were fabulous!! I wish I could remember everyone's name because they all deserve to be noted here. Jac and the rest of the staff at the private island bar were fantastic as well! The private island is truly amazing! We went there every day. It was so beautiful! It was really cool to feed the flamingos, as well as see puffer fish and the iguanas and hermit crabs were all over the island. I loved that you could rent a raft and float in the ocean and snorkel all day on the private island. We didn't care what type of room we stayed in because we weren't there much we got a room on the 6th floor on the inside of the mall over looking Starbucks and that was fine for us. I would and will reccomend this resort to everyone we know and hope to be back there soon! Thanks for a fabulous vacation!
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Cheri
"Aruba Reniassance"
The hotel was in a great location close to shopping, restaurants and museums. The property has two pools, a beach lagoon and a private island. The island was amazing with very nice beaches and plenty of lounge chairs. There was a family friendly side and an adult only side with food and drinks readily available. we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"great location"
great place to stay. Within walking distance to everything!
3 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
Damon
"Nice hotel in downtown Orenjestad"
We spent four lovely days in Aruba, a beautiful island where everyone was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay at the Marina hotel, which has an open air lobby and bar. The bar is located next to the Infinity pool, which was smaller than I expected. The pool chairs are right on the main street which is quite busy, so this wasn't a location to relax. The private island was a gem, with a beach for families and an "adult" only beach (though we didn't observe any topless bathers, apparently this is permitted). There are iguanas and flamingos on the island, all very tame and eager to be fed. The beach is white sand and the water is Caribbean blue. We rented snorkeling equipment and saw a wonderful variety of fish. Renting equipment or a float is very reasonable. Our favorite part of this hotel was the private beach! (Do note that the beach is near the airport, so it does get loud on occasion). Our room was smaller than I expected but clean and comfortable. The "Marina view" was only a partial view. The balcony was not really usable because it was narrow and without furniture. On our last night, there was jackhammering in the street until late at night, which made it hard to sleep. The Marina is "adults only" while the Ocean Suites is for families. Ocean Suites has a better location on the water with real balconies, but we didn't see the inside.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Good hotel"
No cmplains
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
Nicolas
"Nice location in the middle of everything tourist"
Went on a late honeymoon. This was our first time to the island and we both were very happy with the location and and staff we felt very welcomed.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Roosevelt
"Nice place to vacation minus the food"
Overall this is a great hotel. We loved taking the free boat to the private island. It was never crowded and the staff was exceptionally nice. We were not to impressed with the food at the buffet. The blue bar food was good and the food on the island. The buffet could have had slightly better quality food. This hotel is close to plenty of shopping and the casino is nice. I would go back to this hotel again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"30th Birthday in Aruba"
ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!! Cant wait to go back. My first time here and I was very skeptic. The hotel staff were great and accommodating to all my needs with no hassle at all. The properly is well maintained and clean. The location is great, in the centre of everything and about 10 minutes to airport. The private island is great. A bit pricey here but the stay was great.
4 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Orin T
Nice and clean room. Shower was a bit weird evause there is only half a glass door so water would get all over the floor while you showered. Very nice amd clean otherwise.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Romeo
"no service or staff training"
terrible!food staff and housekeeping no attention at a long stay client as me!!they treat you like a number!
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
maria
Have stayed at the Renaissance 7 of my last nine trips to Aruba and have always been totally satisfied. We had one of the renovated suites which was lovely and comfortable. Discovered that one of the sinks in the bathroom the drain was closed and we could not get it open. Front desk said someone would be up to fix it - no one ever showed up so I gave up and got it open myself - but we could not close it if we wanted to. The Sole pool side restaurant was understaffed, and unattentive. Sat down for lunch - no one else seated. The bartender and the one server both ignored us until I went to the bar and asked for menus and drinks.( I checked the time and we had been seated for 15 minutes) Asked at the front desk if we could borrow a pair of scissors to cut a tag and they refused. Last day when we packed and I was doing a sweep of the unit to make sure we had everything and I looked under the couch in the sitting room and there were empty drink bottles ( not ours) and wrappers. Planning on returning to Aruba next year - but for the first time questioning whether or not we will stay at the Renaissance.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Gloria
"great hotel"
perfect. close to beach and shopping. Nice pool. Nice room. Great staff. Free shuttle to private island. Better than expected.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Rich
"Over night"
Great
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Nicolas
"Awesome hotel- private island is the best!!!"
If you are in Aruba and tired of all the crowds on the popular beaches, but still like a pretty place to stay and play look no further! This hotel is modern and classy, has a Starbucks in the lobby, and Adult only property, cheerful staff, and offers access to one awesome private island- what more could a man want? The staff made us feel welcome, and even gave us a complimentary bottle of bubbly to celebrate our honeymoon! Be sure to take the offered boat ride to their private island, because it was our highlight- much preferred to the touristy Palm Beach area. All in all a great choice in town with access to your own private paradise!
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
Dutch Drifter
"Great location Downtown Aruba, private beach."
Lovely stay. Adults only hotel,great staff, Happy hour at the pool,perfect location,very clean.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Happy Traveler
"too expensive"
Too expensive and not enough amenities.In my country u pay d say price and u get more,service at d captain corner and sole was excellent esp from Aishelline and Magdala
5 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
camille john
"Beautiful Hotel"
We stayed 6 nights in this hotel and really enjoyed our stay. Hotel was walking distance to many shops as it was in the center of downtown Aruba. Loved the private island and wish that we had spent more time there. It was available from 7am to 7pm. Our last day there we got up early to go stay on the private island and was the first ones to arrive except for the workers. It is absolutely divine! So peaceful and quiet. We also enjoyed the Casino within the hotel. Not big gamblers but fun playing on the penny machine and actually won both nights. The bed was most comfortable. The room we got was a king size bed with an island view. The balcony was small only able to stand out and view the island but was nice. Even though our hotel was not on the beach I think it was perfect as we had excess to the private island beach just for hotel guest only. :)
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Tina
"Very nice hotel and it's close to most restaurant"
The island is amazing and the hotel is very beautiful.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
asaleah
"Hotel OK, Steak House restaurant terrible."
The hotel was clean and room service staff was good. The "adult only" section is on the other side of the road from the waterfront, which is not clearly stated on the website. I was looking forward to a good steak dinner, and got served a $44 porterhouse that was mostly gristle, half raw, and half overcooked. It was so bad I ate seafood for the rest of the trip. (The Old Fisherman, Delamar, and Redfish restaurants were all good and the first two are two blocks from the hotel.) The private island swimming is fine, but the restaurant there was filthy. The tables weren't bussed, the floor hadn't been cleaned all day with lizards and birds fighting over the food scraps on the floor. The flies were horrendous - we had to eat with one hand and continuously fan the air with the other hand. This restaurant needs new management, retrained staff, and a powerwashing. The hotel regular restaurant serves a mediocre breakfast, but is at least clean and well-staffed.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Diver, Educator
Near the airport. Very comfortable and excellent facilities
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Edd
"Great location with excellent settings"
We love to stay at the Renaissance. The settings is really beautiful especially the incoming planes. The pool is great with nice confined beaches. Had a wonderful family vacation.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
blade
"Decent moderate hotel"
I would rate this hotel somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. Very close to the airport in downtown, pools are nice and small beach for kids at hotel. The selling point is the private island with very nice beach and bar/restaurant. Very relaxing. Breakfast is fine, the other meals are moderate. We had all inclusive but would not do that again. Airco in bedroom was noisy so slept on the sleeper sofa. Rooms in Ocean suites are roomy. Renovations are ongoing but not disturbing. Most of the staff are very nice and friendly. Check bill for internet. I was charged for room connection and had only used wifi by pool and in lobby. they did discount however when mentioned. Overall OK hotel and when we were there peaceful and quiet, so we had a relaxing vacation, but if you are looking for a luxury resort then it is better to go to the high rises.area.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014