All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

• Value for money
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Uncomfortable
I saw some negative reviews before booking, but found the hotel more than adequate. You couldn't beat the centralized location, and would definitely book again.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for the kind words!
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Arturo
"Just ok for short stay in business travels"
Free airport shuttle was great. Also location is very good and except Saturday night, I didn't have any problem with noise . I stayed for 5 nights indeed. However the hotel is not as clean as it should be. Room carpet was so dirty. Smell of detergents is everywhere. They could have used ones with better smell. Also breakfast was very bad :( I found small flies inside bagels box. Coffee was terrible and cold. Tea was cold either. I was in town for a business trip so I didn't want to spend too much and the hotel in overall was ok . But I don't think if I have ever come back again.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us..
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
rz
"Nice Staff, but..."
Good location, well maintained free breakfast, but carpet needed cleaning (made socks & feet black), room small with sink next to bed. Staff was great. Lots of downtown noise especially weekend.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us. We do have the carpets cleaned every quarter and at the end of summer we will have them all cleaned again.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Convenient hotel for a short stay"
Just stayed here overnight. The room was simple but adequate. Though the hotel is in a busy area, noise was not a big issue that evening. It was close to shops, restaurants, etc. and to the highway so it was very convenient.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your business.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Bernie
Loved this place. So convenient to Gaslamp Quarter. Had a great time.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you so much for your kind words.
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Good hotel for down town experience!"
If you plans to go down town to experience all the night life this hotel is great! It's off to the side in a very short walking distance which made life alot easier on our group after a night of bar hopping! Great location, I'd differently choose it again if I went back to down town San Diego.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
We are so glad you will be back. Thank you so much.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Overnight stay"
Great location, walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops. Room was small, but adequate. Comfortable bed, clean room. The shuttle is only free from the airport, have to pay to return to airport.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
We appreciate your kind words.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
The stay was extremely pleasant! Loved that we got to experience some of the Comic-con fun even if we didn't have passes. The hotel was welcoming and walking distance to everything that we wanted to experience. Very clean! The bed was wonderfully comfortable.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Awesome! Thank you very much.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Great place - very friendly staff - great location"
Excellent
Thank you very much!
3 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"One night during Comic-Con 2015"
We stayed only for one night for Comic-Con. Last minute booking, so overpriced for what we got, but of course Comic-Con is a special occasion. The location is great, you couldn't ask for more. Hotel is pretty basic, but the room was clean. Note that parking is not include, at least during Comic-Con and it's on a first come, first served base. We were lucky and someone left just when we arrived. Between the surrounding hotels had the cheapest flat fee, overnight, fare ($20).
Thank you.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
"Small Rooms"
The location was great, the cleanliness and staff were great too. The only negative point was the size of the rooms, the rooms were small.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us!
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Nehman
"Good location. Cheap."
Ac didnt work very well. Thats my only complaint. Everything else was great.
Sorry about that.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Gas Lamp"
Stayed for a few days and was excellent, good breakfast too with sausage and eggs! Heather and the desk staff are top notch and laundry is good to as its in the computer room, so all in all excellent.
3 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Carlos
"Clean and inexpensive place to stay"
Not the Hilton but it is a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel and is 3 to 5 blocks from bus and trolley stops. We walked the 12 or so blocks to the bay area and up to Little Italy instead of using the transportation though. The hotel offered a nice breakfast and a free shuttle from the airport. We paid $5 for Super Shuttle to take us back to the airport. I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Comfortable hotel by the gas lamp district."
Nice hotel in an old building. Very comfortable room. Good breakfast. Very centrally located.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed yourself.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Becky
"Very Nice Hotel"
Room was a bit small, but the staff was fantastic! That's really all.
Your are awesome!
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Extremely noisy, room was tiny and outdated, shower was dripping (not noisy) and just a not so pleasant experience for over $200 U.S. Dollars a night. The only positive is the location and the rollaway bed they were able to give me since I requested a two bed and was given one.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
robyn
It located in a good spot for night life and the ball games
Thank you!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
The staff went out of their way to assistant us with parking and we're very friendly. The location was incredible, and we could walk to all the gaslamp restaurants. Next time we will do the ghost tour and will stay here as again.
Awesome! Thank you.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Stephen
"Good Convention choice"
This is a nice hotel right in the Gaslamp area and walking distance to the convention center. Many good restaurants and night spots close by. Hotel is not fancy but beds are comfy and shower is good. AC unit in the window is a little noisy but kept room nice and cool. Room did have a persistent unpleasant smell, running AC helped a bit. Breakfast is good with both hot and cold selections. I have stayed here before for a convention. Can't beat it in the area for the price.
I am glad you returned.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
"San Diego visit"
The location near the airport and downtown made this seem like an excellent choice considering the price. However, being downtown in the area with homeless people on EVERY corner made me feel totally unsafe. But what really made my stay at this hotel a bad experience was the window A/C until made so much noise I couldn't sleep. The thing vibrated and made so much noise I had to turn it to low fan mode.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
We did replace the AC in question. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Keith
"Comfortable stay in the heart of it all."
The hotel room is tiny! But it had all the amenities we needed. Very comfortable. The hotel is downtown, so expect some street noise. The hot breakfast was very nice, waffle maker, toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit, juice. I would stay here again.
Glad to hear.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
KIMBERLY
"Never Again"
Where do I begin? We requested a room from this site and to my surprise it was false advertisement. The advertisement says, a double room, which the hotel agreed, but they've requested Hotels.Com to change it as it is 1 double-sized bed room. There were 3 people for 1 week in this room given we would be in a double bed situation, but instead we were given: 1. A broken roll in bed 2. A deflated air matress 3. Finally a rolling bed, but it didn't fit in the room. The staff was meh, but the managers were the worst! I will never stay in that ill-ventilated, small, place again.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Expedia refers to a room with 1 double bed as a double bed room.. If the room had 2 beds it would specify 2 beds of that room type. I hope this helps.
6 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Jazmin
"Locked out"
I reserved AND paid for a room under my name. They asked me if I'd have guests. I did. I gave them my friends name. My friend and I arrived to the hotel and went shopping separately. When I returned, I realized I had forgotten my key in the room, and couldn't get a hold of my friend. I went to the concierge, and explained my situation. Still, they refused to give me a key, because they said my friends name was in their database, and not mine. My name was in the database of Hotels.com-which is not linked to the hotels database. 4 waiting hours later, my friend showed up with the keys to the room that I paid for. Hotels.com, you need to make certain that the customer's info (not just their guest), gets put into both parties' database to avoid this from happening. I'm never going thru hotels.com again. Ever
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Maura
"Had a great stay!"
Everything was great. I liked everything: the bed was comfy, with different pillows; AC; nice bathroom with basin outside (very convenient). I just thought the room was a bit small. Everything was very clean, and we had the room done even leaving it late! Parking by the corner.
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Pilar
"Bad hotel"
The room was over priced and very small.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. You must have stayed during an event when prices in the city were very high.
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
"Will stay again!"
We chose the Comfort Inn for it's proximity to Petco Park. It's an easy walk to the park and all over downtown. Our room was small, but not bad for the two of us. The bed was really comfortable. We had no problem with noise although our room was not street side. The breakfast was good with a nice variety of hot and cold dishes. Parking was around the corner @ $20 per night. The employees we encountered were friendly and professional.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Lori
"Great Gaslamp location"
Good clean and convenient location. Best price we could find for a nice place. It's not the Hilton, but it's nice and clean, and has friendly service. We stayed for a weekend to go to a Padres game and check out the Gaslamp quarter. Our stay was excellent. a 10 minute cheap cab ride to and from the airport. We had a second floor room with a window that opened to the street. It can be noisy outside since you're in the heart of the city. It didn't bother us, and they even provided earplugs on the night stands, which we didn't use.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for such a nice review.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Rich
"Great Location!"
Hotel is in a great location. The free breakfast was great and more than we where expecting. The hotel looks like it has been redecorated recently. Looks good, but you can tell it is an old building and there is no AC in building. So it is very warm and stuffy inside. Plus side there is small AC unit in room work great, but was very noisy.
2 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Jacinta
"Can't wait to stay here again!"
The staff were welcoming and very helpful during our stay. They even paid one way from the airport. Not to mention having a cab ready to collect us on our 4:30 am departure from the hotel. Somehow, they even remained positive during the power outage, which had nothing to do with them. They were encouraging and always smiling!
April, Thank you very much for your kind words. Cris Vasquez
3 night family trip May 28, 2015
April
"Location Location Location!"
My boyfriend and I stayed here 3 nights for a little get-away and we were very pleased. Great area especially if you don't plan on renting a car! Literally minutes away from tons of bars restaurants and other attractions. The room was small and basic but it met our needs being that we spend most of our time out exploring the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for an affordable accessible place to stay in San Diego.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
3 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
"Close to everything!!!"
Nice little hotel...great location...a few blocks from Petco Park...1 block off of 5th Avenue, the main street.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
WOW! Thank you for the great review.
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
"I liked it!"
The hotel was nice, clean & comfortable. My room was very very small. I was alone so this was not an issue. The location was perfect. Close to all the shops and restaurants.
We like you !
3 night trip May 28, 2015
Leslie
"Great location and good comfort."
Great location downtown. They had different kinds of pillows you could choose, so it was very nice. Others complained about the noise from downtown. My room faced in so there was no noise at all. Everyone was very nice. Small room but very nice.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your kind review.
1 night business trip May 25, 2015
John A
"Close to everything downtown"
Loved the feeling of being close to everything, and when we came back the staff greeted us and it felt homey. We will book again.
Other trip May 26, 2015
The hotel was clean and the staff very courteous. Hot breakfast was great. The floor hallways were a little dark and seemed old.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"The worst! Cant get sleep with all the noise!!"
Came here to have a comfortable place to sleep away from home for our anniversary memorial day weekend. Its 2 am and we cant get any sleep! We can here every car drive by, sirens, people talking, everything! We r on the top floor, Our window is closed, but we can here evreything! Cant get any sleep!!!
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am sorry you did not get a good night sleep. The hotel is in the center of the Gaslamp and on a holiday weekend I am sure the streets were full of people all night. It sounds like you had a room facing the main street.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Not again"
Not worth the price.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations.
3 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
Sujit
"Hotel Too old"
Hotel Too old.Could not sleep all night.Staff Not Friendly .
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Joseph- I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We try hard to make everyone's stay a good one. Cris Vasquez
5 night business trip May 9, 2015
joseph
"Does the trick, but no luxury here!"
This is a no-frills hotel. Great for a quick trip into town, but no luxury. The rooms are small, but very well equipped. I hesitated between 2-3 stars, but I think the biggest thing was the comfort and quality of the bed. If the beds were updated, I'd give this a higher rating--after all hotels are really designed for sleeping.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your feedback. Quite honestly all of the beds are within two years of age. I apologize that you did not like it.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
Andrea
"Pretty good priced hotel close to Petco Field"
Overall, it was a good stay. The bed was pretty comfortable. it is so close to Petco field! Right in the middle of many bars and restaurants. However I have noticed some old sheets with holes and stains. I would recommend new sheets. I also would recommend to flush, clean and sanitize ice machines (one at a time) and the floor around it regularly. I felt pretty comfortable and the staff are nice. Thanks for the hospitality.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you very much for your business.
2 night business trip Apr 11, 2015
"Value for money spent"
Staff very helpful and friendly, room clean and adequate felt very much at home and secure. Breakfast service excellent ! No complaints! Would stay there again !
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you. We appreciate the nice review.
5 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
harris
"opt for a larger room"
Opted for this hotel while on a 5 day business trip. The price for the double bed was great, but the room was only big enough for the bed and about 1' on each side. Bathroom was so small there was no sink and no shelf for shampoo/soap. The bathroom sink was right next to the bed and shared a counter with the microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. Staff were very helpful and friendly, location is prime if you wish to explore the Gaslamp District or take in a game at Petco.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you. Yes we do have larger rooms.
4 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Adam
"Good enough"
Felt like I was in Europe with how small and box-ish the room was but it serves it's purpose and I slept fairly well. Halls have a certain musky smell, A/C is sticking through your window and you can sit on your bed while washing your hands since the bathroom vanity is right next to your bed. Didn't spend much time in the room though as its in a perfect location for all the downtown SD fun!
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
We appreciate your business!
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
eduard
"Great location and price but tiny room no view"
Great ing from staff very welcoming...was so surprised room was soooo small with a horrible view of the hotel alley. Was great to be in center of gas lamp area within walking distance of convention center...but next time I will spend a little more for better room at another hotel.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Comfort Inn Stay"
Very much enjoyed our stay. Excellent location very comfortable and cozy.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you very much for staying with us!
2 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"Business in San Diego"
Hotel was located in the middle of the Gas Lamp District an easy walk to the office and entertainment. Room was clean and service was good. I will stay there again on future visits
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for your business. Cris
3 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
gerald
"Very Affordable & Comfortable Stay!"
I visited San Diego to attend a conference at the Convention Center. The Comfort Inn was a perfect place to stay is it was in quick walking distance to the Convention Center and located in the heart of all the restaurants and other happenings in the Gaslamp area. The room was very clean and comfortable. I also enjoyed the wonderful free breakfast each morning of my stay. I would definitely return and highly recommend this hotel to others!!
Wow! great review.
5 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
Leo
Location is aside of road, can't be quite in the evening.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"A good value"
When first entering hotel I felt at ease as the staff was very accommodating and the lobby, although small was clean and up to date. Once entering the very dated and slow elevator I was more sceptical and a bit apprehensive esp when I entered the hallway to my room as the looks and smells felt cheap. Once entering my room however, I felt at ease as it was clean and updated but for a 1 queen bedroom it was VERY small. It's perfect for 1 person. The shower was good. It was a bit awkward that the sink was literally next to the bed but in the end I really didn't care. Their Continental Breakfast was fabulous and accommodating with variety. This is a good value hotel and would definitely stay there agsin.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015