All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
660 G St, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"A Room in the Gaslamp - Business Stay"
I was staying there to attend a conference at The San Diego Conference Center. The Center is within walking distance of the hotel, probably a 10 to 15 minute walk. Also, there are a lot of great restaurants and tourist shops. However, if you are very bothered by street noise, this might be a problem. I was only on the second floor and was never bothered by the noise. Hotel staff was very helpful, in directing me to the center, helping me get to and from the airport, giving me some information about the area, and helping get me the few items that I forgot. Also the breakfast was great. Having a lot more options than the usual free hotel breakfast. The issues with the hotel were few. First there is no gym in the hotel, though in my opinion it is advertised as such. There is a gym down the block that you can attend for free though. However, my main issue is with the cleanliness of the room. Though there was never visible dirt of dust in the room, after walking around the room barefoot one night, my feet were black. Dirty enough to leave black foot-prints when I got in the shower to clean it off. I don't know what this was, but I was much more reluctant to remove my shoes and especially my socks for the rest of my stay Overall, the hotel was nice. I think it was a little expensive for the quality, but I was also staying during a large convention and I believe prices were bumped for that.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your business. We just recently replaced all carpeting in the hallways and since then have been cleaning carpets in rooms.
6 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
"Rennovation & Ear plugs"
We were given a room on the garden level and could hear the smokers standing outside the window until 3am. Furthermore, the guests n the room above us were jumping on the bed and drinking most of the night. It was a very loud night with little sleep. The room itself was screaming for a rennovation. The best part of our stay was the free juice and coffee at breakfast.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Great location in Gaslamp district."
Very enjoyable stay. Close to many fine eating establishments.
Wow. excellent!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
King
"Problem"
My wall heater did not work. the refrigerator make noises all night and last night it rained, the rain dripped on the A/C all night.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced. Even rain which is very rare for us.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"average guest"
Hotel is adequate at a reasonable price. A lot of street noise at nite, can hear foot noise on floor above, had to go to main desks to get towels twice.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you very much for staying with us.
4 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
robert
"small but nice"
the room was pretty small and you have to pay for parking, 20 dollars a night. however, it is in the heart of downtown. its walking distance to pet co park and to some breweries. so if you don't mind a small room go for it.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us.
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Carlo
"Nice and close to gaslamp. Free breakfast"
Everything is walking distance from the hotel. The staff was nice and friendly. Checkout was a breeze. Oh and free breakfast...
5 Stars! Thank you.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Ramon
"Location Location"
Don't expect a five star hotel; however we spent 5 days there and it was perfect for what we wanted to do. Can't beat the price In the heart of Gas Lamp District. A bit noisy (ear plugs provided) and room was small; but very clean, free shuttle from the airport and breakfast was a definite plus. Staff was pleasant and the location was close to Gas Lamp rail station; which was very convenient with stops at Sea Port Village, Little Italy, and Old Town. Perfect if you are using the room to sleep and are out and about all day and we will stay there again when we return to San Diego. Parking is extra (as is the case in Gas Lamp District; however we did not have a rental); someone was able to find parking closer to convention center for $5 a day if needed.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Sounds like you really had a good time in our City. Thank you for staying with us.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Gerri
"Good place great location"
The hotel was just 2 blocks from 5th street and was in the gaslamp district. There was a cvs 1 block away which was convenient for water and a snack or anything you may have forgot. The staff was nice. The breakfast was pretty good too. Lots of cereal, waffle station plenty of muffins and toast and bagels fruit ect. The only downfall was the small room and bed. Not uncomfortable at all but not extravagant. It was a bit noisy so if your a light sleeper you may think twice.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your business.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
josh
"Gaslamp"
Good enough for an inexpensive business trip but considerably beneath what I would accept for a personal stay. The outside noise (windows wouldn't close right) was especially annoying. The desk staff was very helpful and courteous.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your business. We appreciate it.
3 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Great location but not so great accomodations"
The staff was very polite but not knowledgeable of simple things like where the ice machine was and their soda machine only took quarters. The room was very overpriced for how small it was. The hotel had a dusty and lingering paint smell. I'd say this was due to lack of ventilation. Overall it was close to our activities and that was the best part.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us and I apologize for the staff not knowing details about the vending.
"great place to stay"
everyone was so nice very clean and within walking distance to everthing
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
We try hard to have great service and clean rooms.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
angie
"Stay for budget nights"
It's cheap and close to everything
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your business!
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Marcelo
"Would go again"
Short stay, but was very comfortable and slept well.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Great value downtown hotel"
For travellers this place offers all you need - albeit at a modest level. Comfortable small rooms, laundromat, basic breakfast buffet in walking distance to all you want to see downtown, or light rail/ close buses to other sights. 15 minute walk to Santa Fe station, 20 to ferry, cruises and maritime museums. Food and entertainment strip is literally around the corner. Walking further east is a bit dodgy. Laundromat on site, or staff will do bag wash for modest fee. Not flash, but friendly with all you might actually need.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Tran
"Nice, simple accommodations"
Walking distance to Convention Center and felt safe enough to walk to/from at night. Staff was friendly. Clean rooms, a little small, but perfect for the price. The breakfast was surprisingly good, too.
Very nice. Thank you!
2 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"comfort inn san diego"
the room setup was inconvienient and small. It had a stale smell. The cooler was noisy.Its in an older part of town with a lot of transients in the area. Some of the desk people seemed to be put out if asked questions.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your feedback.
5 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
Reed
"Good Stay"
It was comfortable. Breakfast was good. Location was perfect!
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your business.
2 night trip Dec 25, 2014
The rooms are really small. The entrance to the hotel is odd, anyone off the street could just walk in and go right up the elevator which was scary. Otherwise it was clean and in a great location, staff was friendly and helpful
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Good for short trip"
The room was small but it was ok, we were only staying for 1 night. The staff was very helpful and friendly!! We asked to change rooms due to the sheets. They were clean & smelled clean but had stains.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business.
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Bobbie
"Close to everything"
Great location, clean room but the hotel needs a big time renovation.
5 Stars!
4 night trip Dec 6, 2014
"Quaint and clean"
Hotel staff was very nice and welcoming. The room was small but had all the comforts of home. At first I was unsure because the old carpet and dark hallways. After staying a few nights it because very comfortable and quaint. I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for a great review. Funny that you mention the hallway carpet. It's the only thing we haven't changed and it is scheduled to be replaced in January.
3 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Hailey
"Overall a good hotel and convenient location"
All aspects of our stay were good inside the hotel. The location was convenient in relation to the Convention Center and the Gaslamp Quarter, but the surrounding neighborhood was a little disturbing. I don't think I've ever heard as many sirens while staying at any other hotel in my life.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Hello and Thank you for your review. We are in the center of the city and it is very active. I assure you it is the safest part of the city.
3 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
"Wonderful affordable hotel near conventin Gaslamp"
Came here for a conference and was incredibly pleased with this affordable, clean room. The hotel staff was very helpful and the continental breakfast and free wireless made this hotel a real steal. Would definitely stay again.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
4 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Ari M
"Location, location..."
Clean, friendly and very well located. It is one short block to the center of the gas lamp area. Excellent time.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
jesus
"San Diego Gaslamp District"
first time my husband and I were in the Gaslamp District.everything in walking distance enjoyed our stay
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Nanette
"brooklyn"
good
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Short and simple.... Thank you.
4 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"nice hotel handy to downtown facilities"
It is a good hotel helps in reaching necessary facilities .general services available near to all needs.resonably clean and tidy,bathrooms are clean.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"would deffinatly stay again!"
Went for a birthday for my woman. excellent location! walking distance to everything never used the truck. walked to the metro to get to QUALCOMM and to every bar! only downsides were the rooms were quite small and we were placed next to the stairs so all night was quite noisy.. wouldn't recommend room 105 or ANY room next to the stairs! otherwise, excellent hotel.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you very much for such a nice review. I apologize about the busy stairway.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"great place to stay"
Room was small but very clean. Was fully equipped with microwave, refrigerator, and other appliances. Very close to everything, parking was across the street. But overall it was great
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
We appreciate your business!
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
Claudia
"Thoughtful amenities for travelers & great value"
Room was small like everyone mentioned, but definitely not subpar. It had so many useful amenities - extra plugs/outlets, free micro. popcorn, decaf. tea/coffee, free Wifi, etc. THE best reason to stay here (if you like beer) is that Neighborhood is very close along with many other restaurants, etc. You can find slightly cheaper parking at a garage opposite Comfort Inn. It was clean and comfortable, and I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for noticing all of the little things.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
"Affordable hotel in the Gaslamp area."
The hotel facilities look dated and AC is quite noisy. Some staff were very nice but others came across as being cold. The breakfast is very good. The location is great and it can be the primary reason why someone may want to stay in this hotel, as long as the other aspects are acceptable. To me the other aspects were very acceptable.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great price - no frills in Gas Lamp District"
It's a no frills hotel and the best priced hotel in the Gas Lamp District. The hotel is close to everything. The staff was friendly, the room and place was clean but small. Friends at the same conference paid more than double for their hotel. What a gem for the price!
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for a great review. We appreciate it!
3 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Debby
"Reasonably priced place to stay in the Gaslamp"
The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was dated. They had good breakfast selection in the morning and the breakfast room was clean. We stay here and caught a flight in the morning... close to airport.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your business.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"Yeah. Nothing special."
Spent four nights here for a conference at the convention center which is about a 10 min walk from the hotel. The hotel is showing its age. The room was small with a kitchenette. The bed was comfortable. The room had a window a/c unit. The breakfast was carb laden and uninspiring. Its a cheap hotel, what do you expect. The hotel is located in the heart of the Gaslamp district. The Gaslamp district is great - lots of restaurants and bars for entertainment. All in all a decent experience even having to kill off a cockroach.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Steven, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. As far as breakfast goes we do offer high protein/low carb options. Thank you for staying with us.
4 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
"Close to Convention Center"
Fairly small rooms but generally fairly quiet. Ceiling fan and small window AC kept ro comfortable. If you're using room to only sleep in it is perfect for 1-2 people. Complemetary breakfast was good. Shuttle and cab ride ride to and from airport is via hotel voucher system.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
SAM
"Great downtown stay at a great deal!"
I will keep it short and say that this location is fantastic if you want to have a good time in the gaslamp Quarter. The hotel is a little older and not really outdated, but they can only do so much considering the location. The hotel manager was very friendly very helpful and let us have a late check out because we were down there having a good time and did not want to wake up early.I will definitely be staying here next time I come into town it's a great deal!
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
good
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you very much for staying with us.
7 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Business trip"
It was a nice hotel. It just the room size is a bit small but for one person is fine. The staff were really great.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am glad to hear the staff was great.
4 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
Intisar
"Helpful"
Stayed downtown with a friend to attend a concert at Petco Park. Very convenient location. The hotel was completely booked and couldn't give us separate beds. My friend had broken her arm that day so they brought us a rollaway bed so i wouldn't disturb her.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
Francy
"Gas lamp Trip"
Older hotel but very clean and terrific staff. Very pleasant week in San Diego.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
rose
The rooms are the size of a dorm room and the bathroom sink is next to the bed not in the bathroom
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for your business.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"Great value!"
This hotel is in walking distance from a lot of local attractions. The room was very clean. I like the little touches like the microwavable popcorn In the room. The breakfast was really good and there's plenty of light in the room too. The front desk staff was super friendly and very helpful. I will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Bleu
"Tiny room"
Smallest hotel room i gave ever been in. The sink was 3 feet from the bed. The closet door couldnt close because the light switch was in closet.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
2 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Extremely small room space; could have been much cleaner. Desk clerk did not get out of her chair when we approached desk and was clearly not interested in our needs. Street noise carried all night to our 2nd floor room (vehicle and voice noise). Overall "cramped" feeling, from lobby to room.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"Good Location in Gaslamp"
I liked the location of the hotel. The Gaslamp places I visited were walking distance (bars and restaurants). The parking situation was horrible. I had to buy an $18 parking permit for a parking lot that had no parking. After I spent an hour looking for a parking spot (far away), I went to return the $18 permit and make sure I wouldn't get charged. The person at the desk wasn't very responsive. He was looking some TV screen while I talked to him. The free breakfast was good. I personally will not stay here in the future. I'll probably spend a little more to stay at a place with valet.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us!
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"Nice for a short stay"
Spent a couple of nights at the Gaslamp location because of the downtown location and a reasonable price for a business trip. The rooms are fairly small, but the presence of a coffee maker and breakfast included made for a comfortable stay. The rooms could use a little updating, but this is a decent place with very good bedding and a great location. The staff were helpful and friendly.
Response by Comfort Inn Gaslamp Convention Center
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.
4 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
"Horrible location."
Even with the window closed and the noisy air conditioner on the street noise was loud. There's a reason they supply you with free ear plugs in your room. And the pocket door to the bathroom was heavy and difficult to slide back and forth.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Raechelle
Very comfortable and right downtown in the Gaslamp District, within easy walking distance of restaurants, shopping and Petco Park. The rooms were a little small but perfectly comfortable, and included a small fridge and microwave. There's also free wifi, continental breakfast, and the satisfaction of knowing you're in a solar-powered hotel. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
Casie
"Cozy hotel"
Room felt small, but the price was fitting. Parking wasn't free but available and convenient. Clean, but awkward. A/C could have been better. Clean and nice.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014