The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort, Playa del Carmen
The Mayan Riviera
Steps from Playa de Carmen's white sands, The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort offers everything you need for a relaxing getaway. It's in the area known as "The Mayan Riviera", in Quintana Roo state on Mexico's west coast, a 50-minute drive south of Cancun Airport.
You might just want to spend your vacation lounging on the beach, but the hotel also offers free activities such as kayaking, sailing, and live entertainment. There's also a guided expedition into the Yucatán jungle, where you can see the remains of Mayan civilization.
Outdoor pools, pampering
The all-inclusive package gives you free drinks at the 5 bars, plus food at the 6 restaurants, with premium guests receiving free entry to the gourmet Terraza Grill. Later on, you can take a dip in the 2 outdoor pools, or spoil yourself with a massage at the spa center.
Balconies and hot tubs
WiFi is available in all 202 guestrooms, and each one contains a compact refrigerator stocked with soft drinks so you can cool down on hot days. There's a private furnished balcony where you can sunbathe in peace, and some premium rooms offer a private hot tub to soak in.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 866-539-8117from $244
- Superior Room, Balcony, Garden View
- Standard Room, Balcony, Garden View
- Premium room, garden view,balcony
At a glance
- This hotel has 196 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 3 floors
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-out time is noon
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Travelling with others
- Children's club (ages 4 - 12)
- Pets not allowed
- Roll-away beds available, charges may apply*
- WiFi in public areas *
- Airport shuttle (available on request) *
- Free self parking
- All-inclusive (taxes and gratuities included)
- Resort fee included
Nearby Three Star Playa del Carmen hotels
In the hotel
- Children's club
- Supervised childcare/activities
- 6 restaurants
- Coffee shop/café
- Snack bar/deli
- Beach bar
- Swim-up bar
- Poolside bar
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach umbrellas
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Children's pool
- Health club
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Marina on site
- Beach towels
- Swim-up bar
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Billiards or pool table
- Business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 5167
- Conference space size (meters) - 480
- One meeting room
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Hair salon
- Luggage storage
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 18
- Rooftop terrace
- Television in lobby
In the room
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Iron/ironing board
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room massage available
- Individually furnished
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Satellite TV channels
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
Top Playa del Carmen hotels
Recently reviewed hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Kaan - Adults Only -All InclusiveFrom
"We had a great romantic getaway here. Having access to all the resorts within Bahia Principe was great. We were able to find beach chairs and made reservations at 3 restaurants.…"Feb 27, 2015
- Imperial Condohotel Riviera MayaFrom
"I stayed here for a few days while I was visiting friends. They were still do minor furnishing in the lobby - that's how new this hotel is. I didn't get a chance to use any of the…"Feb 27, 2015
- Caracol Suite HotelFrom
"We didn't require much, just a place to crash at night. Room was very clean. Most the lights were burnt out but able to open the drapes in the morning. Shower water temperature…"Feb 27, 2015
- Hotel BarracudaFrom
"Cruise Port - We just booked for the day, they let us in our room early and we had for the whole day as a meeting point for all our shopping bags and to change clothes and to…"Feb 27, 2015
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included.
Food and beverages
- All meals, snacks, and beverages included
- Number or type of beverages limited at one or more venues
- Surcharges for premium food items and bottled wine
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports, land activities, and use of recreational facilities and equipment are included.
- Fitness facilities
- Supervised activities for children between 4 and 12 years old
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Onsite live performances
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Motorized water sports
- Premium and/or non-domestic beverages
- Premium food items
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving excursions
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Snorkeling excursions
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Wireless Internet access
- Activities and services offered by independent operators
- Offsite tours
The on-site spa features garden views, and offers a variety treatments, including body wraps, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy and sport massages, waxing, braiding, and nail care. A spa tub is available, and beachside massages can also be arranged. Surcharges for all services.
DiningChula Vista - Overlooking the ocean, this buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Botticelli - Overlooking the ocean, this theme restaurant serves dinner only.
Terraza Grill - Overlooking the pool, this theme restaurant serves dinner only.
Deli Snack Bar - Onsite diner.
The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort, Playa del Carmen’s small print
Also known as
- Reef Club Playacar
- The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort
- Reef Playacar
- Reef Playacar Resort
- Reef Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay
- The Reef Playacar
- Reef Club Playa Del Carmen
- All Inclusive Beach Resorts
- The Reef Playacar Riviera Maya All Inclusive Resort
Children under 18 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
This property does not have elevators.
For transfers, guests must contact the property before arrival at the number on the booking confirmation.
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments and can be made by contacting the property before arrival at the number on the booking confirmation.
The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
The charges below are included in the total price displayed:
- Resort fee
Onsite credit card charges are subject to an extra charge
Safes in guestrooms can be used for an extra charge
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.