All hotels in Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico

Food is all right
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Worth a visit!"
Overall quite good. Ocean view rooms are worth it. Food at Secrets Aura could be improved. Pools need very regular maintenance Snorkeling decent, diving very good with Dive Palancar. Very friendly personnel, they try hard to keep you happy - which is of utmost importance. Would go back (again!)
14 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
"good"
good
5 night trip Dec 2, 2015
"Was once a great place and bargain"
This is the third time we have stayed at Sunscape and by far the most disappointing. We were traveling with family and we're not able to have rooms even in the same building. Ac , tv and room safe were not operational upon check in. Took several hours to repair. Room had no towels, shampoo etc, had to request those items. During the week also had to continue to ask for same items. Was charged for LOCAL calls even though front desk admitted that they were not charged. Food was good but took a very long time to get, usually over an hour. Smell of sewage was very strong, although we had a lot of rain and that might have been the cause. Overall the hotel is a bit shabby. Staff did at least try to work things out. Dive shop was very expensive. Much cheaper elsewhere.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Sunscape Sabor"
The resort is beautiful. The Jr. Suite with the jacuzzi on the balcony was amazing. The staff is wonderful. Rigo is the best bartender. We went for our 20th anniversary, brought in our marriage license to prove. Resort served breakfast to our room with champagne for mimosas. Later in the day a bottle of wine was in our room and when we came back from dinner the room was decorated with tea light candles and rose petals leading to the bed. Also rose petals in the shape of hearts with the tea lights in the middle, towels formed into kissing swans with more rose petals. I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary. The food at the buffets was good. El Patio was amazing. The main pool could have been a little cleaner, the filter needed work or something. But we spent most of our time at the upper pool anyway. Beach is good, water shoes a must. Great to snorkel near the concrete sculpture, lots of huge fish. Was a extremely relaxing and enjoyable stay. Met many who had been there before. Can't wait to make it my regular vacation spot again. I'm definitely going back! They have won my business. You have to walk a ways to everything, but this is good. Exercise needed after eating and drinking so much. By the way the beer on tap is really good. I've never had that at an all inclusive before!
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
Jill
"Nice hotel on the beach, but..."
great room, great view, great staff Food sucked- I guess we were there on the off season and they would shut down one or two out of the four places they had to eat each day and the selection got old real fast. ( our stay was for 12 days) Also, we got charged for oceanfront and got oceanview ( a nice view though) Only other complaint was they took away the only swim up to the bar pool on site. (We was there on 2009 and that pool was available to us) Bottom line- if you are closing down facilities and down grading services for the off season, then compensate with offseason prices for the stay
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
george
"Beach front"
First time at an all exclusive hotel. It was decent. My husband and kids loved the breakfast buffet and the snack bar. Rooms look decent at first sight but once you start paying attention to the details the rooms are pretty run down.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Mari
"Check in and food"
Don't expect a air conditioned lobby to check in. We had to stand in line almost an hour and still our room was not ready. Keep your towel with you because they run out of them. Also pools are like hot tubs. Eat the pizza there because its amazing. They offer no snorkel or beach stuff whatsoever.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Wedding @ Sabor with 27 guests!"
We have been to Cozumel twice staying at the Aura and Sabor. Aura was much cleaner and a nicer feel in the rooms BUT you can't beat the location of ocean front with Sabor. We walked right out on our balcony to the water and it was amazing. The room was very run down and a little disappointing BUT you don't go to a tropical island for a luxury room, you go for the view, the ocean and the tropical environment. I took notes on the rooms that were redone a bit across the way and I will ask for those next time instead. I am a little bit of a germ freak and just felt kinda dirty in our honeymoon suite. However, I would still recommend this hotel and the staff. We had a great time!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Cleanliness of room/hotel Quality of service"
We stayed for 4 days and had a great time. Food was excellent.
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"July in Cozemul is refreshing way to enjoy sun"
I was happy to spend the week at Sunscape with my husband and 13 yr. old granddaughter. There is no need to leave this resort, since so many activities are offered. We took the bikes out to head north on the road by sea. It was very scenic. Rode for almost 2 hours,took some super photos. The food is excellent, especially fresh fruit and vegetables. You have to ask questions about many things to discover what they have to offer. I know I would return here and take out kayak or hobie cat. Missed out on this.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Lana
"Great time in mexico"
Just got back last week and had a great time in Mexico and Sunscape Sabor. I went with my 13 and 15 year old son and we all had a blast. Very nice resort right on the beach. It is right on the beach and they have lots of activities every day for the beach or the pool. Would recommend swimmin shoes for the ocean but it is great and you can do some good snorkeling right from the beach. Staff is very friendly and will help with whatever you need. My room was great as well. Food was so so but we are picky eaters. The breakfast buffet is really good and the grill has has tasty burgers if you are hungry during the day. I don't understand any of the bad reviews, this place was inexpensive and really nice. I would definitely recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
ky_kat
"Wonderful stay!"
This was the best. The staff was wonderful and the accommodations were wonderful too!
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Great Vacation Resort"
The food was excellent. The staff is helpful & friendly. There is no need to pay for a snorkeling trip because the snorkling is great right there at the hotel's beach.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
JoJo
"Nice hotel close to beach"
lots of coral in the water, beach area is pretty small
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Food was great."
Spent a week at the Sunscape Sabor. The room was in the older part. Air conditioner kept it cool, but the fan wouldn't cycle. If you don't leave a tip for the maid, you won't get your fridge restocked. Then you have to ask two or three times before you get it. The bar and pool side service was great. Food in all the restaurants was excellent. Entrtainment at night was good. Really good snorkeling off the resort beach. The main pool was nice to relax in. Great shady beach lounges that are easy to get if you are an early riser. No real ocean view from the room, but the gardens were beautiful.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Did not meet expectations"
The room was dirty. The front desk was not helpful with responding to requests. The beach was nice. I would not return here with my family.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Mediocre"
Staff was nice. Room smelled of fresh paint. Broken air conditioner. It took three phone calls for management to send a bellboy. Room was not clean. Beach is nice. The problem here is that they have poor management.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Good food bad rooms nightlife not very good"
This resort is a smaller resort with two pools neither have a swim up bar. The positives first the food was great the two restaurants they had that you order from the menu were superb the view was nice the ocean beautiful. Snorkeling was great. The staff was nice as well. But now to the negatives. The ROOMS. Our room was horrible. The first night there we had no hot water and it was not fixed till the next day. We had a king size bed in our deal but got two twins. When we called the front desk they said it was not requested. The room itself was small, our mini fridge was broke they fixed it only for it to break again. Our TV had swerves in the picture. But the worst was the bathroom. It looked horrible, dirty and in need of repair. The bathroom spout had to be replaced because it sprayed water everywhere. They should not give that room out to anyone. Also we only got maid service for the room one day. Not because she didn't come 9 am every morning now we normally left the room about 930 and wouldn't return until 430 or 500. But she would not return until 5 to ask if we wanted her to clean. When we told her on the last night to go ahead and clean the room we would leave she said no she would return after we checked out. In all it would be hard to recommend this hotel unless they upgraded the rooms or at least had working rooms. We tryed not to let this ruin our vacation as we are normally not gripers. A little work on the resort/ rooms would go a long ways.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
ordinary guy
"Best Vaule, Best people, BEST EVERYTHING"
WOW!! Is not even the word to use. This was our first time out of the states, what an experience!! I absolutely recommend this place to anyone. It was a huge resort with variety of places and things to do! I do recommend if you rent a scooter while on the island, please look into the rules of the highway. I do recommend going to Punta Sur!! Beautiful place that's near this resort. Also El Cedral is a beautiful place that's near the resort. This resort is ten stars!!!
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Chelsea
"Beautiful Beach-But room Smelt like sewage"
We stayed for 7 nights-3 days we had no hot water at all. The water and bathroom smelled like sewage. it was so disgusting we had to open the windows and used a whole bottle of perfume just to deal with the odor. When we called the front desk, they just said sorry-it will be fixed sometime. IT also smelled that way when walking through the resort. Then we had a family illness and tried to get home 2 days early-we discovered we had to change our flight through Expedia, and because of the horrible phones lines we kept getting disconnected before we could change our reservations. We had to pay $159 in phone charges to the resort and never got our flight changed. The only helpful and nice person there was a guy named Wilbert which was the Expedia representative there, but he couldn't get our flight changed either. Overall we were not happy with the Resort.... There were some good things-Mostly the beautiful view from our room, and some of the food was good, but we would not stay there again.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Candy
"Nice hotel!!"
It was great! An absolute wonderful experience and view.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Maria
"Great Family vacation on Beach"
It was our first all inclusive vacation and we really enjoyed it a lot. It is a great family hotel. All the rooms are close to the beach, no golf cart or shuttle needed to take you there. For me, the best part was that you can snorkel right off the beach with free equipment from the hotel. The staff is very friendly and aim to please.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Markus
"Nice hotel, comfortable rooms, excellent staff!"
We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly, helpful, and eager to please. We had adjoining rooms with an ocean view. Very comfortable beds. Parents (us) had a suite with the bedroom with balcony and jacuzzi tub access. Sliding doors between the bedroom and living area is very nice. Kid's room was traditional. For the 5 of us it was perfect. Food was really good, waiters were super friendly. Sit down, formal restaurant had excellent service. Expedia affiliated coordinator was on-site everyday. Very, very helpful to arrange off-resort activities and rental car.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Disappointing"
Disappointed in our stay. This was my first trip to Mexico and I constantly felt like I was being scammed whenever I asked a question. Bathroom had mold in it, shower door would hardly open. We asked about shampoo and toothpaste and had to buy it at the gift shop. We asked and could not locate where to get free snorkel gear. We finally found out & weather turned bad. I didn't want to learn in rough waters. Food not great and even though we tipped service wasn't very good. My first trip to Mexico and this left a bad taste in my mouth. Groundskeepers and housekeepers did keep things kept up and worked hard. Beautiful outside but can't say much for anything else.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
gina
"Horrible food, go somewhere else!"
Food was very much below standards, with the exception of their hamburger! Yeah, I know right? No hot water on several days, they ran out of food, i.e. ice, specific drinks and food, and to get a drink while in the pool, you must get out and walk to one of two bars, which kind of defeats the purpose of being at an all inclusive. We scraped for eggs before 9 a.m. since they never replenished anything. We went to lunch to be EARLY, and they refused to let us in 5 minutes before. The A/C unit constantly cracked and made odd noises. I killed 6 bugs in my room. I had beach towels on our last day there; they were always out. Not enough lounge chairs at main pool; maybe 20 max! Buffet for international night consists of whatever is left from lunch; and the buffet is way on the other side of the resort! Do yourself a favor; stay at Iberostar. They have it together.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Melody
"Great hotel at any price!"
We just finished our vacation at the Sunscape. I read the reviews before we booked and I must say it lived up to what we were hoping for!! A great staff, a comfortable room, lots of activities and a laid back fun atmosphere. The gym is small but complete. Gilberto does a great job keeping the gym organized. The food was good but we coulda used a little more spice. really close to the beach but we recommend some sort of water shoe as the water is rocky. Awesome bar tenders and wait staff! The only real negative was the lack of free wifi in the rooms but the $30 we spent for 5 days was worth it. We had a great time and would definetely go back and recommend it to everyone!!
Other trip May 29, 2015
jose
"AWESOME."
the Resort and the staff were the best. The management should be very proud of them. Antonio,Gabriel and Jose asre truely outstanding.
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Three-star resort, four-star food"
This resort occupies a beautiful stretch of palm-studded beach about 20 minutes south of town. The food was outstanding, particularly at The Patio restaurant, where they have a la carte service and fantastic Mexican cuisine. The food at the buffet was also significantly above-average for an all-inclusive. Watersports available include sea kayaking, catamaran sailing, and snorkeling (with equipment generally easy to procure), with middling-to-good abundance of fish near the hotel. Service was highly variable, ranging from absolutely outstanding for the entire staff at The Patio restaurant to very good to lackadaisical at the buffet (depending on the individual server) to one instance of incompetence that rose to the level of comical from one of the wait staff at the other a la carte restaurant. The rooms were very clean and had excellent air conditioning, but the beds were sufficiently firm that they caused both of us back problems. Overall, this is a very nice (but not fancy) older property that's a great choice for families or couples.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Budget Resort with amazing snorkeling."
This resort was very mediocre. There were some nice staff, there were some staff that seemed unhappy to do their job. We always waited for water at every meal except one. The food was decent. But the grill was the only thing consistent and it was burgers and fries. The Mexican restaurant was good, if you ordered the right thing (subjective, I know). They don't really guide you at checkin, tell you where the restaurants are Or help get you settled with what is where. The resort isn't huge but we, and other guests were confused for a day or two as to where we could eat and when! BUT the beach and snorkeling here was absolutely amazing. If you are willing to forgo a true "all inclusive" type of experience then go for the snorkeling!
Other trip May 25, 2015
jess
"Great location friendly staff"
Great location great staff rooms a little dated. Overall I would recommend
Other trip May 24, 2015
30 something
Disappointed that there were no swim up bars. The food was not what I expected in that on a good day it was only average. The burgers were the worst.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Anniversay trip"
To be honest it was exactly what i could i imagined to be with the bar on the beach and my room being on the beach as well .This was a anniversary trip memories i wil never forget .The bar was great offering a variety of drinks..food was ok but the itialin restraunt would have to be my number one spot.Excellent breakfast as well.Definitely going back next year!
5 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Luis
"GREAT HOTEL"
great hotel with an great ocean front. Staff, food, and everything overall was good. I recommend the junior suite with an ocean view. And definitely go snorkeling. You can either go on the beach or walk down to the pier near secrets. The staff and location is what makes this hotel very good. Will stay again on the future
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Great place to chill"
Sunscape Sabor was well maintained with friendly accommodating staff. Four restaurants-we tried three and found the one with the buffet breakfast to be our favorite. Plenty of activities daily but not intrusive if you weren't participating. Beach a little rocky but great for snorkeling. We'll go back again!
jackie
"food poisoning."
My husband and I both got food poisoning. It ruined our vacation
Mari
"Amazing staff and fun!!"
The staff at Sunscape were amazing!!! The were fun, friendly, and extremely helpful. The nightly entertainment could have been better, but I would definitely go back.
Adam
"Wonderful hotel!"
Just returned home, miss Sabor already! We upgraded our room with Alonzo for half the cost online. Superb service! Ocean view Jr Suite with Jacuzzi tub on the top floor was priceless. Excellent food! Drinks not watered down. Bartender Miguel walked around his bar serving Tequila and getting guests into the partying mood. Dive Palencar staff were helpful. We have stayed at several resorts on CZM but Sabor was the best overall experience!
Other trip May 17, 2015
Cheri
"Management NOT included in staff rating"
The staff was amazing-So kind and helpful! The main reason we are thinking of going back to visit is because of most of the staff. They work very hard, always smiling and extremely kind. The front desk management is terrible to work with. The hotel was overbooked, they were at 110%. So we came back two days later to use the coupons that we were given (to use throughout our visit) to upgrade our room only to find you have to use them at check in. SO if they are overbooked and you are unable to use them their attitude was "Oh well...Too Bad." I'm not including front desk management in "Staff". The staff, again, work very hard with smiles and never ceased to amaze me with their kindness and happiness. It was worth it just to meet those that work for the "upper management." Fortunately, the staff not the upper management is who we normally see so that in itself was worth it. The hotel itself is nice but in need of updating and the food was very good - delicious.
Other trip May 8, 2015
Delfino
"Snorkeling is not the best at hotel"
It was windy the whole stay (6 nights) So I discovered that land in front of hotel is muddy, there snorkeling right there was not fun-muddy...and just 5 mins down the street by car water was clear. That is for people that are there for snorkeling. Please note that if u stay here, the car rental does not have full coverage insurance even thought the sales guy says it does. Hertz and Avis do have full coverages
Other trip May 6, 2015
swim like a fis
"Great location - not great food"
I really like the location and the price....but you get what you pay for. They didn't have a lot of 'extras.' At the secrets and sunscapes in Jamaica, they had a bocce ball, horse shoes, etc, that you could access all day. Not here. Also, the food here was not very good at all...which is what the other reviews said as well. I ate most of my meals at the seaside grill. Their burgers were good.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Nahtan
My experience was great... from my room to my staff everything was exceptional!!!
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Good beach/service good xcept 4 maids/fun stuff"
Beach was rocky but less than normal for Cozumel due 2 reef. Maids sucked-no towels 2 days no coffee last day. Bars excellent with most top shelf/great service. Entertainment good for Cozumel mostly as usual. No swimup bar and food ok with few excellent items. Will return within the year without booking at hotel's dive house. No fruit jucing bar but close.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
suzy
"Nice location, I'll give it that."
The Sabor is ocean front and has a wooden dock that is a great pick up spot for scuba, fishing or whatever water activity you have planned. Very conveinent. Great scuba shop on site. The only problem is that the food and the available food options are not good. Some might even say it sucks. :). I actually lost weight on an all inclusive vacation! A first. The scuba completely made up for it. Amazing.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Tony
"Nice hotel on beach"
They have changed in the last few years. They have made a couple updates to the rooms with electronic key cards instead of regular keys. But they used to have top shelf liquor that they don't have any longer. The staff is great & very friendly. They all try to help you with anything you ask. The resort would be good to take your kids to. They have activities for adults, teens, and kids to do all day long.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Brad
"Worth the price"
SunScape Sabor was a well maintained all inclusive. The staff was amazing. Friendly and helpful. Food was good. There are four eating option. Only one that is not a buffet. We stayed 5 nights and had our fill of the options presented. The timing of when the restaurants are open should be staggered. If you dive in the afternoon and then at night you only have one eating option between dives. Limited vegetarian options. Beach is small and coral bottom. Bring water shoes. Snorkeling is great right off the beach. We rented a car one day and went to Punta Sur which was lovely. OLDER CROWD!
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Wonderful!"
We had an amazing time! Staff was very friendly and helpful! Drinks and service at the bars was very good. Rooms were clean and in good condition. The rooms that we had were nothing special but we only slept in them so they were perfectly fine. Only negative I can think of is that the food was mediocre for the most part and not very warm on the buffets. Great overall experience.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Shain
"Perfect get away"
As we arrived at the resort, we were greeted as we got out of the taxi. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. We asked for an upgrade at the time of arrival, they were kind enough to check for us, but there were none at the time. It was ok, because our room was great, it was ocean view just like it said when we booked the stay, balcony looking right at the water. The food was good and everyone on staff at all the restaurants went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. They always greeted us with a smile, regardless if it was at breakfast, or 11p at night. The pool was beautiful, however we never got in or sunned at the pool, only because we can do that at home. We go for the beach!!! The fire show was entertaining, the performers did an excellent job. Caribbean night was fun, good food by the pool and loved the tables set up around pool area. Wilbreath, our bartender that was right by our room was friendly, so sweet and his smile was contagious, not to mention the great drinks he made for us. We went to this resort to check out the course for Ironman Cozumel in November. I searched info on the resort before we went, we wanted a place that we could get into the ocean and swim. There were rocks that we had to walk over before getting into our swim, but other than that , couldn't have been happier. Thanks to you all at Sunscape.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Jill
"Over exceeded my Expectations!"
I loved my stay in Cozumel. The hotel is right on the beach, you are never more than a few steps away from a bar and I never waited more than a minute for a drink. The staff was wonderful and nice and so was the food. Yes the snack bar had burgers, hot dogs and fries but there was always something more authentic at the buffets and every dinner option was delicious. Its not 5 star dining but it definitely tasty. Also, you can eat at Market Cafe too, which is adults only. They had a mimosa and bloody bar for breakfast which was awesome.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Outdated hotel, no ventilation in a bathroom, room smells like mold with bleach. Coral beach, water shoes are necessary. Very poor food. Staff was friendly and tried their best. The taxi rate from hotel to airport was not as advertised.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
traveler
"Coozumel 2015"
We enjoyed a wonderful 7 days in Cozumel. Weather was perfect.It is so nice to stay right on the beach, and close walking distance to everything!! The staff is very attentitive to their guests, and would see to it that you recieved what you asked for.We always feel very safe at this resort.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015