All hotels in Cheadle, England, United Kingdom
Cheadle Road, Cheadle, England, SK8 1HW, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great hotel for the pruce
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Urban village"
Nice modern hotel but a little tired in places. Staff were excellent and breakfast was amazing after a night on the tiles. Some noise from aircraft but that's expected when so close to the airport. I'd stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"40th birthday stay"
Staff excellent very happy to help room ok for what we needed it for.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
helen
"Convenient Hotel for Cheadle"
I have stayed at the hotel a number of times as the location is convenient. Was not able to reserve a table in the restaurant as it was being used for a hotel organised xmas party night. Was told the menu would be available in the Bar, but the staff were not aware of this. Rooms are comfortable but basic, typical value chains.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Great airport hotel"
Used for 1 night for an early flight from Manchester airport, reception staff were fast polite and accurate despite us arriving after 2200h to check in. Got to the room to find 2 small bottles of prosecco, flowers and a birthday card (I naturally took credit but I didn't ask for it!) and some chocolates plus some chocolate for the kids too. We didn't use facilities or food but the place was spotless and modern.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"good and not so"
overnight stay for brothers birthday.the signage outside the hotel was very confusing. nowhere did it say urban or village.Our sat nav was taking us to the wrong street(greir road?)which was also not mentioned in the info we got beforehand.we were lucky a kind taxi driver helped us or we would still be driving around.The hot breakfast was tepid although the serving spoons were very hot!The tea was extremely weak.The disabled toilet on ground floor was grubby.The room was clean and tidy.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
glenys
"Great value stay. Recommend it to anyone."
Went for 1 night but wish it had been more. £70 for a night's B & B and decent swimming pool!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Good facilities, very helpful friendly staff"
Good base for shopping in Manchester and travel by train into city centre. Only bug bare we had inclusive dinner on the first night but were not given the right menu and ordered from the main menu which gave us a shock when paying our bill, which was more than we expected, this should be made clearer.
Fiona
"Nice hotel near Cheadle, good leisure facilities"
Had to ask to change rooms twice as the first two were overlooking flat roof with two big air vents faceng the room. The third room was however v good on the front of the hotel. The staff were. very helpful and accommodating.
fred
"Didnt get to use gym, overall ok"
Checked in late, no problem at reception. Room didn't seem to have a main light, bathroom small, instant coffee at breakfast though they did have a Starbucks. Poached eggs overdone, bed very comfy, really good quiet location I'm just memory dumping!
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
"Warm and friendly"
We have stayed here on several occasions now. I would recommend staying here. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The beds are very comfortable and rooms have all you could need.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
vicki
"I'll stay there again!"
Great hotel, great staff, great stay!
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great hotel, friendly staff, lush room"
I went to Manchester to go to a concert unfortunately the act I longed to see cancelled hours before, staying at the village made my trip worth while though.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Ashton
"Plush hotel"
The room was very clean and comfortable, it was a very nice stay, thankyou
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Disappointing"
The hotel looks very modern and fresh in the Expedia profile, however in reality it is a well used and rough around the edges hotel. Clearly designed at being night time venue for the local population (most of whom appeared to be young children). The bathroom was woefully small and the room finished to a poor standard. The food from the Chop house was atrocious and clearly pre-prepared and bought in. The first floor rooms in some areas are directly above the "Leisure facilities" which have loud classes, audible till late and from early on. The breakfast was served in one of the Bars in the hotel which carried the distinct odour of a badly cleaned nightclub. Overall a really disappointing hotel right under the flight path of Manchester Airport.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Good location for manchester airport"
Great hotel Easy check in Nice buffet breakfast Only issue was the noise from the odd plane but this stopped around 11pm
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
kirsty
"Just ok"
Very easy to find, rooms very average but nothing really missing. Really did not like the leisure facilities. The rules are too restraining. My extremely mature, well-behaved 14 year old son was watched constantly by the overbearing lifeguard and this made us uncomfortable. We left early. Didn't like the over 16s only in spa rule. Breakfasts however were very full and tasty. Very friendly reception staff.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Lennydp
Lovely staff, nice hotel.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
"Village Hotel, Cheadle"
This was a good stay and part of our Company having a Corporate event. However the whole stay was marred by the fact that no one could supply me with a VAT invoice. The hotel could not - despite assuring me before the stay that they could and the Hotels.com receipt states that the receipt is "not a VAT receipt".
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Couldn't be better"
Staff made me and my partner feel at home and did everything they could to make sure we enjoyed our stay for his birthday. Complimentary chocolates, drinks etc. 10/10.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
sophie
"brilliant"
Absolutely outstanding. Planning to return in november
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
garry
"Short stay - no air con :("
Stayed for one night only, as we were out for dinner in nearby Didsbury. Found the price quite steep considering there was no aircon in the room, and the windows would only open 2 inch. (Room 512) Breakfast was ok, wouldn't return though.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
Carly Leah
"brilliant hotel will defo be goin back!!"
The room was lovely, hotel was amazing, staff were all lovely and couldnt do enough for you, the facilities were brilliant. cant wait for our next visit :)
2 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
sasha
"An excellent stay"
The hotel is ideally situated for my business trips to the area. The food was exellent, the staff friendly and helpful and the room very comfortable with all the amenities you would need, kettle, TV, ironing board, etc. Thank you very much!
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
JB
"Better than a 3 star!!!"
I stayed in the Upperdeck and was well worth the money. The room had missing remote but it didn't bother me as when I got it I realised I had Sky TV - just like being at home! A unique feature for a hotel Sky TV and a great one too! Also the Starbucks coffee tea was a good wee treat and to top it off the shower was good - power shower. The fitness facilities are great and should be promoted more on website - they have squash courts! All in all a great hotel and will definitely go there again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Fenella
Restaurant very good but service is extremely slow .. Was not at all impressed with quality of bar food in victory pub - very bad quality and paying upfront for your meal is not on in my book especially if you are a resident - they could do with reviewing this as it lets down a lovely homely hotel Staff are very friendly. Would stay again but give the victory pub food a miss
4 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Not Happy"
I have been going to the DeVere Urban village in Cheadle for three years.During this time they have done nothing to address the humid and oppressive heat that makes the rooms became like a furnace in Summer. Love the place don't love the lack of action.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Noisy room 102"
We stayed here for an overnight between flights after a late night arrival into Manchester. We have stayed here before and been satisfied. The room we were given this time as an upgraded room. The size and facilities were great. This was marred by an intermittent noise through out the night that kept waking us up. When we discussed this with reception they were aware it was from the hand dryers in the men's toilets. Evidently we were not the first to point this out. The reception did deal with our complaint and allowed a late checkout however the lack of sleep was an issue on a business trip. If we stayhere again we will be very selective about our room.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"Dogs"
This hotel well, say pet friendly ok if the weather is nice not allowed in bar only outside not nastly to get dog out of bar not allowed anywhere in restaurant so u have to leave your dogs but not allowed in hotel room. In your car. restaurant lovely waitress but service let her down waited 20 mins from sitting down to even order then forgot my partners meal then brought wrong food out and 2 hours later asked if u wanted dessert.
3 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
"Ice Cold Water"
Friendly service. On a very hot weekend was pleased they'd left a fan in the room when we checked in and when we returned at midnight, there was an ice cold bottle of water that helped sort the dehydration.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"wedding party"
Excellent room, very enjoyable function. Good breakfast next morning. Only negative the drinks were very pricey!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
flaigie
"Not Going Back"
I wasn't offered the WiFi code on check in. We were accommodated above the function suite with disco music till nearly 1.00 am. Bar staff paid no attention whatsoever to who was waiting to be served, half the time they ignored customers while milling about with more important stuff to do. Not too impressed with breakfast, first time I ever had a black pudding biscuit. Room was spotless and comfortable. Receptionist was nice, helpful and friendly. Biggest disappointment was that I left my mp3 player in the room and it wasn't found by later that day after I checked out and phoned the hotel, my fault I know but it would have been nice to get it back.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
gusngazesdad
"Nice hotel with one or two small downsides"
We arrived very early the hotel following a long haul flight and although the reception staff were unable to give us a room straight away, they were very friendly and offered us the option of using the pool etc until the room was ready. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and eager to please throughout our stay. The upper deck room we chose was well appointed, the bathroom was clean, and the extras were nice, the main downside of the room was that it was very hot and the air conditioning didn't seem to be working properly. we had Sunday carvery in the pub, this was very disappointing, the staff in the pub didn't really seem to want to help us, the food was dry and a little tasteless and they were lacking in basics, such as cutlery. We had room service later that evening and that was great, there were no issues the food was delivered quickly and was very nice.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Graham
"An airport hotel with good facilities"
We stayed for one night before flying out from Manchester. While not quite as swish as some of the Village hotels, it was clean, well priced and everything worked - not always the case in my experience of similar grade hotels. The one downside, which was a particularly big downside on the night we stayed because the weather was hot and muggy, was the hotel doesn't have air conditioning. On any other night this wouldn't have been an issue but on the night we stayed the room was uncomfortably. Warm and the fan provided did little more than circulate the hot air around the room. On the plus side, I can't say enough about how helpful the staff were during our stay. Without exception they all were a credit to their manager, with particular mention for Helen on reception who helped me sort out some printing I'd forgotten to do at home. I'd definitely use the hotel again.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Fair"
Room has a broken TV. Not iron in room, when TV was fixed no Movies (that's why I paid extra). Room service is shocking- over 1 hour to get two room service dinners. Room was average clean, noisy with thin walls. Won't stay again.
2 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Nick B
"Nice hotel but shame about some of the clientele."
Hotel and breakfast was good and the staff very helpful and friendly. However I have never seen so many people wandering around bare foot with drinks in their hands using some delightful language. They were some of your wedding parties. Children were allowed to run up and down bedroom corridors unsupervised. Such a shame as the leisure facilities and the location is very good but I would think twice about returning. Such a shame.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Village Visit"
The hotel looked a bit tired and for the price paid did not include breakfast not good value
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Meeane
I thought the staff on the reception were first rate, in fact in the whole hotel, my only problem was I could not get an overseas call from my room and the noise of the planes going over the hotel , but I was happy there and comfortable;Thank you.
4 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Michael Farra
"Nice hotel with pool near airport"
First room we were in was way too close to nightclub, very noisy and stuffy. Thankfully we were moved to a MUCH better room which was fantastic - quiet and spacious. Staff were excellent and we enjoyed use of leisure facilities.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"On a flight path!"
The hotel is fine. I ahev stayed at the one in Bury which is nicer. The major downside I was not aware of was thta it is an 'airport hotel!' It is right on the flight path. No ear plugs available ffrom the hotel and not at 2 tescos nearby either. A change of rooms did help. Also the pool was full of kids on the saturday till 12pm doing swimming lessons and very little space to swim lengths not a relaxing dip.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Great place to stay for a weekend away"
Lovely, clean, modern and funky hotel! Facilities are great, restaurant & bar are good with a nice menu choice, slightly over priced for meals and drinks but still good, wouldn't put me off going again! Shall return!!! Children enjoyed it too!!!
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Jojo
"Convenient hotel close to Manchester Airport"
The stay was value for money with everything under one roof comprising of a gym, swimming pool, squash courts, bar and restaurant, starbucks coffee and entertainment every Friday evening. Complimentary breakfast was better than expected. Free Parking.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Claire
"Stuffy and noisey"
Although the room was in good condition and nothing physical out of place the room was very stuffy and lacked any form of ventilation. You could only open the window 5 cm as it was tethered. Our room was above the main function suite that played music on both nights until 1 am. The hotel is on the main approach flight path of Manchester Airport with flights only stopping for 3-4 hours per night. You will need to make a special request for a quiet room if your are a light sleeper.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Tony
"Let's the rest of the group down"
I stay in the village group of hotels when I can as they are usually consistently good and have a great gym ( although room service is repetitive) in this case firstly I had guest let themselves into my room as they had been giving a key card for my room, I expected reception to call up to apologise but that didn't happen. The room had mould on the ceiling and the door bathroom door looked so battered it would have look better in a skip.
1 night business trip May 8, 2014
"Lovely stay"
The room was clean and staff were helpful. Very impressed with the Sunday lunch in the hotel restaurant. The room was very hot though and the windows did not open much but the electric fan provided helped.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2014
"good value and pleasant stay"
This hotel chain has a strange policy of not letting children in the pool after 6pm. Fortunately, the duty manager allowed us an hour as we had only just arrived. Great service.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
robert
"tired rooms"
standard rooms looking tired, same with bathroom. Lighting really not suitable either.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Ok hotel with good leisure facilities"
Quick overnight to see friends down the road, it's the usual Village affair. Good sized pool let down by buffet breakfast which I find is always disappointing in hotels who don't cook to order. I did order some poached eggs but they hadn't come by time I'd finished rest of breakfast. Note that hotel is used by airport crowd jetting off on holiday as it's close by, hence you also get airplane noise at 6am as it's under the flight path!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Nice hotel, just needs tweeting"
Staff very friendly and helpfully, decor of communal areas very nice, rooms have had a make over with paint and furniture, no plugs beside bed, ie for mobile charger ect,no mirror at desk for hair make up, Yes mirror in bathroom, but fan no good so all steamed up, pillows, we'll head hits matters, but this would not stop us from staying again, the bar food was good and the resturant food was amazing the first night, so good we booked in family for the next 2 nights, 2nd night not so good, third night again worse, the steaks are amazing! Oysters so fresh, but if you said anything to the waiter, it was not passed on? Felt as tho you your comments didn't mean anything! Out food boll did come to nearly £500, so I was impressed, so my comment that chilli had topped the tomato was ignored and that it probably was a mistake in the kitchen was nt that I was picking! I was only advising, as it was very hot!! Then in the bar I asked for change to play the bandit, and was told there was none in the till????? But I would still go back. Nice stay .
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Nice hotel close to transport networks"
Very enjoyable stay just slightly over priced for standard of rooms.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014