All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here5641 Indian River Rd, Virginia Beach, VA, 23464, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful hotel"
Friendly staff, excellent food, beautiful grounds, loved the spa!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
susan
"Good stay"
I had such a wonderful time in this hotel. Great facilities including pools and gym.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Rachel
"Great Pet Friendly Hotel"
I wish I had to stay longer. Pets of all sizes are welcome with a very reasonable fee. I had my German Shepherd with me & it's hard to find a place that will even allow large dogs, let alone provide him with a toy & treats at check-in, which The Founders Inn did & he loved them. They had a couple of large areas penned off where I could take him to play fetch as well. Beyond that, the staff was very friendly, the room was immaculate, & the decor added to the very "comfy & cozy" feeling I had during my one-night stay. Next time, I will definitely take advantage of the pool & spa services they offer! I highly recommend this very classy hotel to everyone.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
A nice relaxing change from the beach traffic
3 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
"Return trip from north"
Great stay good staff. It enjoyed my stay and would go back again
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
joe
"Over night stay"
Except for the traffic, for stay was great. Very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was helpful as was the Swan Terrace staff.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"VERY pet friendly"
We decided to go on a family vacation last minute, having two larger size dogs (Boxers) it can be a challenge. We are a family of 5. we searched every hotel and the pet fee and requirements were just not working for us.this resort had one amazing fee for up to two dogs PER STAY!!!!! there is no weight limit on the dogs either. for us it was the perfect situation. No other place could compare to that. I was a bit nervous as this was our first vacation with the dogs. I feared if we got a pet room, it would smell badly or be of lower quality. Im happy to report back neither of those to be the issue. when we checked in, the dogs received a treat bag and a rope toy. which made us feel as though our pets weren't just a duty to the resort, but a valued participant of the stay. to us pet owners that made us feel very welcome. when we got to the room there was absolutely no pet smell.the room was very clean. I never would have guessed it was a "pet room". some amazing features of this pet friendly resort, is there is a huge dog park to the side of the resort!!!! for those non pet people the dogs were all on one floor, in one section of the resort. so dont fear having to deal with dogs if your not a pet person. the kids loved the pool, the beds were super comfortable. service was outstanding.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Erin
"Felt safe, nice if you have kids"
Nice place to get away, would be nice to have a girls spa weekend. Felt safe.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
Crystal
"not what I was expecting"
the hot tub was dirty and had mold around the tile the rooms were old they were like old dorm roomsthe restaurant was okay the spa was okaybut overall the rooms are too small need to be updated in the indoor pool need to be redone as well as the hot tub its mold everywhere the outdoor pool was ok opinion it should be rated as a 2 star hotel the spa was the best part of it all an that was pricey
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
James Smith
"Real bargain"
Will come again great price
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
J Brown
"Value and location"
We stayed for two nights and thought we got a great value. Close enough to the beach and the shuttle was a definite plus. Room was very comfortable. Surrounding neighborhood was not very good for walking around, but that's not what we cam for!
2 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2014
Rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and went out of there way to help. For the price, you can not find a better place!
4 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Traveler
"Good Hotel Dog Friendly"
Hotel staff was very nice, the property was well maintained, very nice pool and dog area. The breakfast buffet was delicious! The rooms were a little dated and the beds were too soft for my taste. About a 20 minute drive to the beach. But over all a pleasant stay, would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Hotel Was Okay for the Price"
The rooms are dated. The pool area and spa are nice. No more room service offered, which us ridiculous for a hotel that is positioned as full service. Free shuttle to the beaches. Fine for under $150 a night, but don't pay more. The area is industrial, but safe.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Cindy
"Historic Charm!"
Great hotel with historic charm. Staff is warm and welcoming. Rooms are clean with amazingly comfortable beds. We will return!
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
Johanna
"Pleasurable short getaway with my daughter."
Great time with lots of yard games and wonderful breakfast buffet. Staff very helpful. Nice family place and your family dog can enjoy the fenced area for a run.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Relaxation
"Very nice hotel, not too far from downtown"
This is a large hotel, with a lot of colonial character, designed to look like a colonial mansion. it is next to the University and has large grounds. The staff was very nice, the room was comfortable, and very clean. I only stayed for one night, but would gladly go back again.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Bernice
"Great place to stay. Super breakfast buffet."
Would look forward to returning.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Hotel Amenities are very clean and nice, also good service
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Yan Torres
"Perfect Location"
Stayed here while being in the area for the Warped Tour. Hotel is only 10 minutes from Farm Bureau Live and easy to get to and from! Had planned to go to the beach the day after the concert but the weather didn't allow it. The only complaint is that we had to leave, wished I had booked a third night.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
"Great find within easy driving distance of beach"
Was pleasantly surprised to find the Founders Inn as a comfortable and nicer alternative to staying in the Virginia Beach area without having to pay the rates they charge if you stay right on the beach. Enjoy the pretty gardens, and be sure to get breakfast included in your stay. Everything was outstanding!
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Good price for an average hotel"
The room was comfortable but sparsely furnished. Surprised there was no table. The shower curtain liner had black mold on it but housekeeping provided a new curtain and liner right away when I complained. Very high bed and the mattress too soft. Dinner was so so. No parmesan cheese in the Caesar salad! A funky squishy tomato in my salad that did not belong-weird. Flavor ok, nothing to write home about. The best part was the fun pool. Lots of space on pool deck, room for lots of people. Hotel location good easy access to interstate.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Great Family Hotel to go to VA Beach"
The Staff at founders Inn are outstanding. Was close enough to enjoy all VA Beach has to offer. But was nice to get away from the beach to relax as well. Great Breakfast. Nice rooms. Will stay again...
3 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Brief getaway"
Hotel was fantastic. Was looking for something reasonable price wise and was satisfied. Went to the beach , the hotel gave us great directions. I have absolutely no complaints and will definitely go back.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
happy customer
"BEAUTIFUL"
Beautiful hotel. Just 30 min. drive from the beach. Fantastic breakfast buffet (but you'll pay for the 3. person in the room). Clean pool - free towels. Lovely surroundings at the Hotel. We'll go back and recommend this hotel!
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
MrsBusk
This hotel was much nicer than I expected. It was an overnight stay on our way to SC. The hotel staff was very accommodating. Also, the breakfast is well worth the extra price.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Pat
The hotel was very relaxing with the best beds I've ever slept on. The facilities were clean and very relaxing. I wish the location of the hotel would have been a little closer to the beach.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Tara
"I love this place"
The founders Inn is my local spot that I go to for a quick quiet getaway. It's peaceful and I love the country style feel of the rooms. The beds are so comfortable. The outside is so relaxing. The staff are always helpful and they never mind when I ask for extended check out...which is no charge. I never want to leave during my stay. I always like to go to Sundays brunch which is divine but there are times when I don't want to leave my room. So I will order room service. However it's cheaper just to go to the restuarant. Overall I love this place and even better when I get a good deal on groupon or living social
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
D.C
"Beautiful Hotel"
The hotel and grounds were great! The outdoor pool has a water slide for the kids, and the indoor pool area includes a hot tub. The gardens are immaculate, and there's a pond with ducks and swan. Gorgeous hotel.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"great hotel, mediocre rooms"
The hotel and common areas were great. The courtyard and pools were delightful as well. Definitely get a package that includes breakfast, it was very good. My only compliant would be the rooms themselves were not great. The bed was small. Our room had a damp feeling and the toilet was old. However, it was fine to sleep, and we weren't constantly in the room, so it was fine.
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
Shannon
"Kind of pricey for what it is."
We were somewhat disappointed with the room. A suite should include at least a kithenette. It didn't. It's not very close to much of anything.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Don
"A First Class Hotel"
I can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel. The room was beautiful, the service was prompt and courteous. Some people would prefer a hotel on the beach, but Founder's Inn was exactly what I was looking for.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Marcia
"Great, comfortable stay!"
I really enjoyed the room and the pool. I will definitely be coming back. It was very clean and the staff was friendly!
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2014
heidimarie gosselin
"Enjoyable stay at the Founders Inn"
The Founders Inn is a beautiful facility. My husband and I enjoyed walking around the beautiful decorated colonial lobbies and grounds. The rooms are nice and the beds are very comfortable which is important to us. The breakfast buffet had many fresh choices and omelet bar. We toured the spa and health center. I will definitely stay longer the next time I am in Virginia Beach and book a facial or massage. There are two pools as well.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Renee
"Nice hotel to stay"
Kind of disappointed when room key not working. Called front desk, she asked me is it your room and asking for id.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Sokun N.
It was AWESOME.......
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Marvin Young
I booked this room through hotels.com and when I arrived to check in they informed me me room was double booked. However they went above and beyond to accomadate me and I was very pleased. Great staff all around.
2 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
Neri
"Awesome"
Great place thumbs up to staff !
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
Gabriel Guglielmo
"Incredible service! Good value for the prices."
I was impressed by the staff - from the Swan Terrace to the pool attendants. They were very attentive and friendly. The hotel itself needs a bit of work. It's clean and comfortable but needs some TLC. The grout in the tube needed replacing; the pool needed to be "swept" out (bugs and stuff in the water - more than should have been); no premium channels on the TV. The kids loved the self serve breakfast buffet and the food was good; but the pool and water slide were there favorites! Room was quiet and comfortable. About 20 minutes from VA Beach and 35 from Sandbridge Beach.
3 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
Anne
Everyone was very nice and courteous, the hotel environs are very scenic and attractive. The lobby is very nice, the restaurant is very nice (with good food), and the portraits around the hotel lend to the overall attractiveness of the hotel. The rates were very reasonable as well. Highly recommend it.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"You felt special"
Overall a very relaxed stay, excellent grounds and everyone very polite and genuinely looked happy as they went about their job. We would definitely stay again and would recommend.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Comfortable and relaxing stay"
The hotel was very clean and tidy, the staff was friendly and the beds were the most comfortable along with the pillows. My son loved the pool and slide. We had a relaxing stay at this hotel. The one thing I did notice that was a bit disruptive was the A/C. It was a bit loud when it came on. But over all we had a great stay and we would stay here again.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
Coretta
"Great experience"
Great worth every penny service is wonderful everyone is amazing
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
"Ehh"
The housekeeping staff barged into our room waking us up at 8 am (3 hours before check out time). The front desk staff was extremely rude and degrading. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good, and the grounds were beautiful. They would have an amazing facility if they have nice workers
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Superior hotel at moderate price."
My wife and I really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to anyone. The breakfast is an add on and well worth the few extra dollars. This hotel will be our first choice for all future stays in Virginia Beach.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Very comfortable!"
The Inn was perfect for our little getaway. Our room was clean, convenient, and very comfortable. Staff was courteous and efficient. The indoor saltwater pool and jacuzzi were great!! We did not have a chance to utilize the outdoor pool or the Spa, but they looked wonderful. Breakfast buffet was quite nice. I would have liked to try other meals at the hotel, too. It was perfect for us as a couple, but it seems like it would be good for families, too.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
AshleeK
"Loved it"
My boyfriend and I loved it. Staff was always nice, the place was beautiful, the beds were sooooo comfy, of course I had to take advantage of the spa which also was a very nice relaxing time. If we ever vacation to VA beach again we will be booking at the founders inn!
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
After travelling 10 hrs to get to my niece's graduation, I truly enjoyed my stay. The bed was sooooo comfortable. They were in the process of renovating the bathrooms, but other than that, everything was awesome.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Tisha
"Exceptional value"
Founder's Inn was by far the best deal! It was literally half of the price of other hotels and was exceptional in value. We didn't have to sacrifice cleanliness or amenities for the price. No, it's not on the oceanfront, but it's away from all of the tourist traffic! We simply drove15 minutes to the oceanfront for dinner and a casual walk around the beach. Definitely worth it!
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Great value and quality!"
This was a nice place to stay very relaxing. This staff and facilities were excellent. Very comfortable beds and clean rooms. Make sure you buy the breakfast it was excellent.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014