All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
5641 Indian River Rd, Virginia Beach, VA, 23464, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Wonderful facility"
Found this while looking for a pet-friendly hotel. Looked gorgeous online and was even more lovely than the photos appeared! The inn and restaurant staff were 100% welcoming and gracious. (Spa?? Eh!) Wonderful pool and play areas for children onsite. What a find!! Loved it!
1 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
"Worth the money."
Comfy and clean!
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Our family enjoyed the weekend of June 19 - June22, 2015 at the Founders Inn and Spa. A very relaxing environment, enjoyed taking walks around the complex. We were impressed with the breakfast available every morning (2 per room). My grandchildren loved the swimming pool and slide. The staff was very accommodating the entire stay. I highly recommend and would stay there again.
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
I wish I had found this hotel when I was first planning my trip. Excellent room and service.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Kenyen
"terrible service"
So bad I wrote a complaint letter. Even after I stated that I was handicapped, I was not offered assistance to carry my bags to my room which was a long way away in a separate building. I had to return to the lobby and tell the clerk that I was physically unable to reach my room before a bellman was called to assist me. Her excuse was that no bellman were in the lobby when I registered. This is a beautiful property, but the service left a lot to be desired.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2015
"Bathtub was not very clean."
For business. Everything was great except for the tub which was not clean. The drain was full of hair. Yuk
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
"Good service and value"
Great service and value
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Nichole
Great indoor and outdoor pools.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
nikki
"OUTSTANDING!!!"
Great stay. Nice & huge pool with a slide. Breakfast is a plus as well. Will definitely go there again.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Johnny
"wedding"
Beautiful comfy place to stay. Relaxing. Great breakfast. Nice staff
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Denise
"Thumbs DOWN!"
I was very unpleased. We checked in Thursday night .. I called the front desk complaining about the non stop running toilet and was told it would be checked out by maintenance..No one ever showed up.EVER! The air condition was very loud and didn't seem to get cold. The entire third floor was almost as if the heat was on. The ice machine was NOT working! Very unexceptable with it being over 90 degrees. I would not recommend anyone here. Again I was very unhappy with my stay.
3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Very nice room."
We stay at Founders 2 or 3 times a year when visiting family in Virginia Beach. So relieved that this was better than our last visit in December. We were in a different building and will insist on this building in the future. Rooms are updated and cleaner. In December they were using some horrific, extremely strong deodorizer in the room each time they cleaned. Made it difficult to breathe. Sent a letter to the hotel directly to complain, but never received a reply.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Excellent stay"
Very clean and a beautiful setting
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Matthew
"Great Price!"
Great location, quiet, clean, great price!
2 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"oustanding"
Loved our stay. Everyone was very helpful and the grounds are beautiful. The Swan/Hunt Club had great food. The crust on the pizza I had ordered was slightly brown so they made me another one. Two large pizzas for the price of one. Have never had this happen at any other restaurant. Couldn't eat both so I gave the second pizza to the wait staff. We all enjoyed an outstanding pizza. Hope to stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Barry
"Great value"
Just a quick stop over before heading north. Staff were friendly and helpful, food was delish! Only thing that was not first rate was the air conditioner. It cooled just fine, but the unit was very loud.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
"AWESOME!!! dog friendly place HIGHLY RECOMMEND"
Awesome stay! Super dog friendly. Huge dark park. Housekeeping staff called to see if we needed anything (so they wouldn't disturb the dogs) Gorgeous property. Highly recommend
2 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Robert R.
"BEAUTIFUL PLACE!"
Needed a night for 2 adults, 2 kids and our Small dog. What an incredible place this is to stay at! Older Victorian look & feel, but oh so comfortable and accommodating! Would recommend to anyone!!
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Like being on a Southern Plantation"
The grounds were beautiful, resort was wonderful. Enjoyed every moment, very relaxkng
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Met our high expectations."
Staff needs a little more energy and friendlinesst
Other trip May 26, 2015
"RESTAURANT DISAPPOINTING"
OUR DINNER WAS HORIBLE, ORDERED 2 PIZZAS , 3 BOWLS OF SOUP AND 1 SANDWICH. AFTER HALF AN HOUR QUESTIONED WHERE THE SOUP WAS, IT ARRIVED 5 MINUTES LATER. AFTER 50 MINUTES THE SANDWICH ARRIVED COLD. AT 60 MINUTES I QUESTIONED ABOUT THE PIZZAS, WERE TOLD THEY WOULD CHECK, WE WATCHED THEM PUT THEM IN THE OVEN. WE WERE TOLD THE BURNED THEM. 15 MINUTES LATER THE PIZZAS ARRIVE, WITH THE WRONG TOPPINGS ON BOTH OF THEM. ALSO CANT BLAME IT ON BEING BUSY THE PLACE WAS EMPTY. WONDER WHY? THE MANAGER TOOK THE ENTRIES OF THE TAB BUT FOR 3 BOWLS OF SOUP AND TWO SODAS THE TAB WAS STILL OVER $43.00. THE WHOLE REASON WE ATE AT THE HOTEL WAS TO SAVE TIME.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Nice place becoming dated"
Chose Founders Inn because of location and pet friendliness ($25 fee). Hotel was fine and the spa was very nice. Rooms are getting older, but the grounds are attractive. Area for pets is fenced and well done. It fit the need I had for this trip.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Wonderful place to stay. Very comfortable and pet friendly. Great property - very beautifully landscaped. Good food and reasonable.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Leslie
"Great Place to Stay"
Hotel was very nice and the staff were very helpful and courteous. I liked the colonial feel of the hotel. The breakfast is excellent. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
"Virgiia Beach"
The hotel grounds were lovely and the hotel lobby. My room was clean and comfortable. The hallways need to be repainted.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"excellent service, beautiful location"
Staff went above and beyond to make our stay incredibly memorable. This was our 10 year anniversary and they upgraded our room and gave us complimentary breakfast which was a very nice surprise. The staff went out of their way to take care of us and we were thrilled. Look forward to returning soon
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Anita
"WOULD STAY AGAIN"
We had a great time and would stay again. Very clean and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Wonderful hotel with beautiful grounds. Clean, comfortable room. Delightful restaurant in hotel. Great gym workout area!! Friendly staff.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
We have always stayed here and always will. Excellent place to stay.
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
EUGENE
"Average, older"
Nothing bad to say, just nothing great. Pleasant staff, but clearly an older facility that hasn't been updated for awhile. Room was clean enough and beds comfortable enough to sleep. Wouldn't say stay away, but also wouldn't consider it a 'destination'.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Greg
"Great choice."
Excellent hotel. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
"Very nice hotel, colonial inn type theme."
Staff were very helpful. The spa was very nice, had a massage and manicure. Laura was awesome.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Andrea
"wonderful experience."
Visiting son at old dominion.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
dale
"Whoops!"
I thought the bed was too soft for my preference. I was even more disappointed that the coffee maker had an unused coffee packet in it, and when I went to add the water, more came running out the back of the machine. Apparently the guest before us had issues with it, and just left it, and housekeeping didn't notice it. When I went to turn it on, it would not, hence I was pretty upset not having coffee in my room. The staff at the front desk was kind enough though to give us complimentary coffee from their shop.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Jane
"Will definitely stay again!"
Didn't see much of the amenities because it was a short stay, but the room was great. Smallish, somewhat plain, but very clean with nice quality linens. Though next time I will bring my own pillow.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Very nice and clean."
Close to my where my son lives and was an excellent location to see Virginia Beach.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Warm, inviting, can't wait to return here."
I have never had a hotel experience where I couldn't wait to come back. it was like coming home.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
A.E.
"Beautiful"
It was wonderful.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Janice
"Beautifully decorated for Christmas"
We stayed at the hotel while visiting family after Christmas. The atmosphere was festive and the service was outstanding. Our stay included the breakfast buffet which we highly recommend. This is the second year we've stayed at the Founder's Inn and we plan to return again next year.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Beautiful facility especially at Christmas."
Beautifully decorated for the season, the main building and surroundings were magical. The breakfast was delicious and very reasonable. Room was rather small and surprisingly sparse and dated in furnishings. Walls are rather thin as we were kept awake by noise next door. Service was very good.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Romantic trip"
My husband and I came to see my dad and visit VA Beach. 20 min drive from the beach. Free parking available in nice neighborhood. I really enjoyed the stay here. We will be back next time we are in VA.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2014
Ashlye
"Beautiful grounds, great staff, very comfortable r"
Spent three days during Christmas 2014 visiting family. The grounds were beautifully decorated with white lights. The room was spacious and clean, the fireplace was a great plus, and the pillows and linens were top notch. The buildings are on a university campus, so it's a quiet location. Housekeeping was very accommodating, since we had family visit us in the room and they had to work around our schedule. Also, no finger. So that's a good thing.
3 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Would not stay agian"
This hotel is beautiful. Just pulling in the the parking lot will tell you that. The rooms are very comfortable but could use just a little remodeling and updating. Overall this would of been a wonderful stay if it was not for hotel security banging on our door and insisting we "end our party" and they would not leave until "everyone left".... we had four people in the room sitting around talking. Long story short if you are not over the age of 65 and as quiet as a mouse, I would not reccomend staying here. It's a shame the hotel customer service is so lousy or we would make this hotel a regular stay for us..
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Wonderful room, food and holiday decorations"
Wonderful room, food and holiday decorations.
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Leslie
"Just ok"
My room was small, but fairly comfortable. Old showers and small storage space. Staff was ok. Not very memorable. No one helped us to our room. I happen to have extremely noisey neighbors.... because I believe they were smokers and had to enter and exit often during late night hours. Of course they were drinking as well and loud. Walls didn't do a great job stoping this issue. And the rooms we were in had no patio/ balcony... So lots of door slamming.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Monica
"Beautiful experience"
The hotel was one of the nicest I've ever visited. The room felt like a huge guest room in a friend's home. The grounds were beautiful to just stroll around to clear your head and maybe lounge by the beautiful pool. I will be back to this one!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
bonnie
"Navy Mom Getaway"
The staff way friendly and knowledgeable. Beautiful formal gardens and the restaurant was excellent. Don't pass up the spa treatments!
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Yvwtte
"Better than first class"
This hotel has everything you would need to make your stay memorable. Location ,staff, comfortable good size rooms. The best we have stayed while in the USA.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Excellent place to stay!"
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The inn and all the rooms we were in were very well kept and smelled very fresh and clean. The breakfast buffet was excellent at a very fair price.
"Very nice venue for a wedding"
We stayed at the Founders Inn for only one night to attend a wedding. Everything was right there, did not need to leave the "compound". The rooms were very nice and clean, everyone was very friendly and helpful. This was a lovely venue for a wedding - - since the weather was nice the wedding was held outdoors in front of the lovely lake with the fountain (and even a swan swimming in the lake!) The outdoor patio was perfect for after-wedding-before-reception cocktails, very lovely. The reception was very nice also. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Very pleased!
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014