All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here200 Marina Blvd, Berkeley, CA, 94710, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Couldn't have made a better choice"
Staying near the water was an exciting aspect of choosing the Double Tree in Berkeley. Little did I know that it is also tucked amid a national park preserve with gorgeous walking trails and a view of the Golden Gate Bridge. I was in Berkeley for a doctoral training seminar and the Double Tree was the perfect place to unwind and refresh after a long day. I will definitely stay here again when next in town.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We are so glad you chose to stay with us! The DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina is surrounded by some of the most picturesque public areas and it is wonderful to know you enjoyed a refreshing stay with us after a full day of training seminars. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Lisa C.
"Had a great stay"
I love the Berkeley Marina location. At check-in, I requested a room with a view to the water and was accommodated in a friendly manner. The hotel shuttle to Downtown Berkeley is convenient, especially as I didn't have a car. I would definitely come back.
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
"Nice hotel in a quiet place neer San Francisco"
Good located to visit San Francisco with car.Nice place and with correct confort for the price
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We are so glad to know you appreciated a peaceful stay with us. Our location makes it easy to get to any destination in the East Bay. Although some guests choose to drive it, others make use of our complimentary shuttle and easy access to BART. Thank you for letting us know about your time at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina. We hope you will get the chance to visit us again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Martín
"Terrible restaurant experiences. Hotel itself OK."
I have two complaints about their restaurant. But the hotel aspect of our stay was excellent. My first restaurant complaint is: They allow customers to talk loudly and do business meetings and yell at clients over the phone during breakfast in the restaurant. One woman, I heard from he staff (I was in shock at her lack of respect for other people trying to have a relaxed weekend breakfast), I heard from the staff, was camped out at a window table with her computer out, from 6:30-10:30 am. She had finished eating, but just stayed there on the phone doing business meetings. The staff said they were not allowed to request her to go to the business center NOR allowed to ask her to keep her voice down to conversational level. She was having a business meeting, and full aggression on a conference call, nearly yelling for all of my 45 min breakfast. The staff were very upset because she was monopolizing their highest tip window table all morning. And all tips were down because of her. Hilton corporate needs to find a way to legally post some sort of sign/ constraint. Terrible. Secondly, Lunch and dinner are no longer serviced in the restaurant, but rather are served in the bar, which has become a high volume, multiple TVs sports bar. Again, a terrible experience. But the rooms and hotel staff were good.
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"My new favorite hotel in the East Bay Area"
The location of the hotel (over looking the bay), the complementary cookies, water and apples all made us feel very special. We did not check in until 3:00am, and because of this we were offered a lat check out. We wil stay here the next time we need accomodations in the East bay area.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Regina
"Worse customer service ever"
I booked my room 2 weeks in advance for a couples trip for my cousin's birthday over the weekend. The day was not going the best then come to find out it would get worse. We all booked king beds. We checked in at 8pm and when we arrived the clerk advised me due to over booking and another guest staying longer, my room was unavailable. My cousins received their beds,wondering how when I booked before them. Without any notice by email, mail, or phone call the clerk let me know when I arrived. Without a choice or time to book another hotel, I was forced to vacate the only room available, double beds for the same price of what I paid for a king size. Needless to say, my family, friends, and I will never return due to horrible customer service. All they had to offer was their nasty breakfast which they offered free to everyone and $20 discount. I was very upset with my stay and double tree has lost a customer.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Lyndsey
"Hard to locate building within large complex."
Great location. Layout of complex of buildings VERY confusing...took several tries to get to right building. Front desk staff not helpful...just handed us a map and gave us vague directions.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"Did not meet expectations"
We were oversold in the description on what to expect from the room/balcony. Rather than a view of the marina, we had a view of the parking lot.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Thank you for letting us know your impressions. Our hotel does indeed have a variety of views and while it is not clear in this forum as to how your reservations were made, we regret if you felt misled in any way. We can understand your frustration. It is our hope to welcome you again in the future to change your impressions.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Just what the day off ordered."
Wonderful view of the marina the sunset through the golden gate excellent food and very friendly staff. Not to mention the cookies
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We are so glad you found your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina to be just what you needed. From our views to our dining experience and service we work hard to ensure that each area of your encounter is perfect. Our warm chocolate chip cookie welcome sets the tone for the entire visit! We hope you will have the chance to join us again in the future. Thank you.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
michael & mary
"Good hotel, pricey but worth it"
Hotel was nice and in a great area
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"Peaceful oasis"
Amazing location. An island of quiet in the hussle and noise of the big city. We loved walking along the marina and bay.
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Christine
"Great location in Berkeley"
Wonderful area. Nice view of downtown SF from across the bay. Room had sound in walls (possibly heating system), so they moved us the next day. My Italian travel pillow mysteriously disappeared the third night. After speaking over the last several days with 3 different people, I finally connected with the head of housekeeping and she was very efficient. She found out it had inadvertently picked up with the bed linens. It is being mailed. Overall, it is our 3rd stay here. It is convenient and love the 4th street area to shop/dine within 10 minutes of the hotel. We will be back!
4 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
Beth
"Nice hotel on the Berkeley Marina"
We've stayed previously in a non-specific room a few years ago. However this time we were very surprised to have upgraded rooms, with certificates for a free breakfast buffet and $25 food certificate. The parking and internet was also free. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We will definately stay again!
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
What a lovely surprise! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina. Our parking and Internet are always complimentary here we are so glad you appreciated our clean, comfortable guest room accommodations. From the marina to UC Berkeley and more, it is so easy to access all of the best attractions. We would love for you to come back and visit us again soon. Thank you for your feedback.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"One night stay"
Quiet location well away from freeway on the marina. Nice location if your room is facing marina. Restaurant is very good. We had come off a 12 hour international flight and they kindly let us check in at 10am which was very much appreciated. Hotel is definitely aged. Welcome cookies are a nice touch.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We can understand how taxing travel can be and it is wonderful to know you were able to enjoy an early check in as well as our signature chocolate chip cookies at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina. As you have shared, we are located in one of the area’s most beautiful settings and it is great you were able to enjoy it for your one night stay. We hope if your travels bring you to the area again we have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"The hotel: 4 stars. This stay: 3 stars."
The good: The hotel is in a great location with free parking, comfortable beds, we had a room with a great view of the marina (however we've also stayed here and faced the dumpsters). The complimentary cookies, apples and bottled water are a nice touch. The bad: The buildings are old, there is no fan in the bathroom, and when our toilet clogged, it took 3 hours to get this issue resolved (keep in mind: there is NO fan in the bathroom. That which clogged the toilet sat there for 3 hours in a small, unventilated space).
3 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Away from the Hubbub of San Francisco"
The shuttle to BART was terrific. From there we could go in any direction.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Our location is indeed away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but close to the area’s greatest public transportation! We are so glad you enjoyed the convenience of staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina. We hope you will come again soon. Thank you!
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Pleasant stay at the Berkeley Hilton"
Beautiful out of the way location close to an excellent, world class restaurant. (Skates). When we 1st arrived and were walking down the hallway a man came out of a room with a big pump-spray bottle. Our 1st thought was Oh-Oh! Bed Bugs! The hallways had a very strong smell of chemicals but our room was very nice and appeared to be clean. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly, polite and helpful and the warm cookies upon arrival were a nice touch. I think that, in general, it is an older building that they are updating. Overall it was a pleasant stay.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly. Heater kept cutting off and the room kept getting cold. No major complaints.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Knowing that you enjoyed a comfortable stay is so important to us! We are always happy to help welcome our guests to the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina and provide amenities for a convenient stay. Staying on top of routines can be so important and our fitness facility hours are set with that in mind. Please know that our maintenance team has been alerted to the concerns you have shared pertaining to the heating unit in your guest room. Our associates are always on hand for any issues that may arise. We would love to see you again.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"well trained staff"
I was impressed with the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. My room overlooked the marina, lovely sight to see from the balcony. I was able to take a nice walk in either direction from the hotel. The location requires a car to access anywhere in Berkeley.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is fantastic to know that your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina was an overall positive experience. Providing and excellent encounter for all of our guests is what all of our associates strive for. Views from our property are truly unrivaled and a walk to enjoy the nature outside our doors sounds perfect! We must apologize if your breakfast dining encounter was not more to your liking. We will share your comments with our team. We feature a family pool as well as an adult pool to take advantage of. If you never need any ideas of what attractions are in the area, our associates can always help. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Just needed a quiet, clean place to sleep."
A quiet and clean place to sleep. Most of my time was elsewhere with my family who live nearby.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We are so happy to know you found the peace you craved for your family visit in the East Bay. Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We hope to see you again at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Excellent stay!!!"
Room was keep well supplied and clean each day of our stay. King size bed was comfortable. Best hotel stay we've had in awhile.
3 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great location, outdated amenities, friendly staff"
We were greeted with delicious cookies during check-in. Our room was located in building 2, 3rd floor. The A/C system noise was the loudest of all the hotels I stayed in my life. Most of the amenities (TV, cabinets, A/C, doors, etc...) are outdated! Bottle water and apples were complementary (a nice gesture)!!
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
TONY
"Great family hotel with beautiful views!"
The hotel has a great location to waterfront park that has beautiful views and is freeway accessible. We got up early every morning to take in the beautiful sunrise with a nice cup of hot chocolate and chai latte from hotel cafe. The staff were very courteous and helpful. I definitely plan to come back!!
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina. We love knowing you created such special memories here! Our property is surrounded by the natural beauty of the marina landscape and is perfect for all lovers of the great outdoors. We are happy you and your family enjoyed your stay and found our accommodations to be well appointed. Our location makes it easy to get into the city as well as Cal Berkeley, as you mentioned. We also feature a complimentary shuttle to make accessing the BART station as well as the campus even easier. We hope you will come back again soon to take advantage even more of what we have to offer.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Karla
"Berkeley Marina"
Always sensational setting!
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Anne
"We will come back again"
It was a cozy stay with some nice warm welcoming cookies. I've always been a fan of double tree when I go travel. This double tree has a nice view with a convenient location. The beds are clean and comfortable. It was perfect for my family's short stay at the bay area.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Beds were very small and uncomfortable."
Small beds, every time I turned the whole bed rocked!
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Disappopinting stay"
We have stayed at this hotel in the past and thought it nice and comfortable but now shows major signs of lack of maintenance. The property overall is in need of repair (room tub chipped and flaking). A recent storm caused leakage throughout some of the buildings. The smell of mildew was over-powering in some areas. Hotel personnel agree that not enough is being done to promote a better experience for customers. On a positive note, hotel service was good in spite of the negativity surrounding this property. Ownership needs to take notice. The proximity to the Berkeley campus made it ideal, but I would honestly state I don't see myself staying here in the future. I recommended this hotel to family and friends for a Berkeley commencement but have to say it was not worth it and consider it a mistake.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Marina"
Good place to stay near San Francisco and close to the Marina And Berkeley,and express way
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Our location is ideal for all visits to the East Bay and points beyond! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina and hope to see you again. Thank you.
Rene
"flood damag to first floor rooms"
We were not told about all of the repairs that would be taking place due to 1st floor flood damage to all of the rooms. Hence the buildings were dirty, noisy & annoying to even be in our room & we were on the 3rd floor. Unacceptable. We found out during checkout that we could have moved to Bldg 1 where supposedly all of the repair / renovations were finished. Furniture, drywall & damaged mattresses/beds were stacked out on common area in grass & that made a nice view. Overall will not return to this hotel.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We value your comments and would like to ask that you accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered during the maintenance work taking place at our property. Please know that we hope to minimize any impact to our guests’ stays and, as you mentioned, would have been more than happy to have helped you find the guest room that would have made you more comfortable. It is regrettable that we weren’t able to help while you were here, when it would have mattered the most. It is our hope that you will reconsider another visit.
unacceptable
"Close to the ocean very nice views"
Great experience, quite with a nice balcony in each room. Well connected to main highway to downtown. Hotel staff very nice and friendly.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina. We are so glad you found a positive stay with us. The marina is within walking distance of our front door, making it easy to enjoy the beauty of the area by land or water. Please know that we have refrigerators available upon request. We appreciate your thoughtful comments and hope to welcome you for a return trip!
Maria
"UC Berkeley Visit"
Went to Check out UC Berkeley, location to San Francisco and Berkeley is great
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
lori
"Wonderful hotel!"
I will be choosing to stay with double tree from now on if the option is available. Great service and the free cookies are sooo good!
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We can’t think of a better review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us so much that it will inspire you to make DoubleTree your hotel of choice. Our warm chocolate chip cookies are just one of the many ways we hope to welcome our guests and it is great that you valued our service. See you again soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Chrystal
"Solo Holiday Retreat"
Arriving 10:45am I didn't expect a room to be ready, but was checked into Rm. 4201, which was a storage room for H.R., full of CONFIDENTIAL files, putting the hotel at risk for identity theft. Called FD & was offered lesser room. Ruse? Declined, received room 3pm, reg. ck-in. CeeCee was only person helpful. Room was very nice, clean, nice amenities, coffee great, robe, etc. Balcony SRO. Hotel staff caring/helpful. Ample parking. Close to Bay walking trails, spectacular views & Hs Lordships, where I dined nightly. Cell phone reception spotty, tho normal in this area. Would stay again.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"Hotel was under renovation."
Great location. Hotel has potential but too much construction going on. Staff was not accommodating considering we were woken up by the workers renovating the first floor
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We care deeply about your encounter at our Berkeley hotel and while we are glad you enjoyed our location, we must apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way by the updates being made to our property. We work hard to ensure that our guests’ stays are impacted as little as possible and it is regrettable if that was not your experience. Please know that your comments are being shared with our management team. Thank you for your honest review.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
susan
"Convenient hotel to Berkeley shopping and campus"
Stayed two nights to see a basketball game on campus. Shuttle bus was late taking us and we gave up waiting on it to pick us up (disappointing since we gave him a decent tip on the ride there) and took a taxi. Facility had sandbags around all the first floor rooms. One building was undergoing renovations, but it wasn't a problem. Had great appetizers in the lounge, and the view was great. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed a little too soft. Visited the jacuzzi in the family pool are and noticed there were no towels, so before getting in, asked for towels at the check in desk, where we were told they would be on there way. Towels weren't delivered until my husband and I both went back to the desk on separate occasions dripping wet and then were told to get off the floor as we were getting it wet by the staff who ultimately delivered the towels.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Thank you for letting us know about your time with us in Berkeley. We are so glad to have comfortably accommodated you. There are a few aspects of your review that are of concern to us and we ask that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you encountered regarding the service of our associates. Our shuttle is available to all of our guests and while it is unclear in this forum as to what caused the delay, we regret the postponement of its arrival. Your comments pertaining to the towel service at the pool will be shared with our associates. We hope that you will allow us to welcome you again for a great stay on every level.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Plain Jane
"Wish the staff cared"
Lovely area and grounds. Buildings and rooms are older, the rooms pretty small with tiny baths. The tubs are narrow and even with the shower rod the bent kind the shower curtain still sticks to you. The beds are shot, need replaced ASAP. Worst is the restaurant staff. In three meals where the food was excellent or better, the wait for service, cold coffee and unbelievable lack of organization drove us away. Management tried to help with $75 off the bill but we will not return.
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Lonnie
"Quiet, clean, and comfortable - very happy"
Very happy with our stay at the Doubletree Berkeley Marina! We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family for Christmas. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and our room was large, clean, and comfortable. The place was very quiet, which was very important to my husband. We will book here again next year!
3 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
We stayed here while visiting family for Christmas. Pleasant hotel. Free parking is a bonus in the Bay area.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
The beauty of the San Francisco skyline is one of the greatest views from our property and we are so glad you enjoy it each time you visit for the holiday season. Thank you for sharing your family stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina. Our complimentary parking and convenient location makes our property ideal for all visits to Berkeley. The neighboring Cesar Chavez Park is perfect for nature lovers and is right outside our doors. We hope for your next visit to the area you will choose to stay with us again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"San Francisco"
It was very relaxing
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Beautiful walks nearby"
This was a nice quiet refuge, except for some morning construction, in the busy city of Berkeley. There are beautiful places to walk along the water right outside the doors. The hotel staff were helpful and accommodating
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Nice hotel, good location, great view"
We stay here every year and always have a good experience.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We love to welcome you back every year! Knowing that you choose to stay with us each time is one of the best compliments we could receive. Our location is ideal for all of the area attractions with the convenience of public transportation and complimentary shuttle service as an added benefit. Please know that we feature several options for breakfast dining, from our full buffet to our healthy start buffet and a la carte items for smaller appetites. Additionally, our lobby shop has snacks and coffee for quick grab and go choices. We are looking forward to your next visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Greg
"A DEFINITE REPEAT"
Had a WONDERFUL stay. A great birthday treat. Our room was quiet and overlooked the marina.
3 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
P. A.
"I like this place alot."
my third or fourth stay, super convenient to Oakland & Berkeley . nice staff , location is great , its definitely removed from urban busy ness , comfortable bed pillows etc .
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
"Fair price with good accommodations"
Great service and who can forget the COOKIES??
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
Jimmy
"Hilton Berkeley Marina"
The hotel was reasonably close to Univ of Cal, Berkley, where we were attending a graduation. The surroundings were a mix of nice boats at the marina to some older maintenance areas. Overall pretty nice. The grounds were nicely landscaped withplenty of space. The rooms we clean and comfortable. We did have a problem with the heater .. no heat.. This did not get fixed, but we were offered a new room or a free room and a blanket. We opted for the blanket. The lounge and restaurant are very nice. We ate breakfast looking out on the marina.
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
Nicholas
"Everything is great except for the bed and pillows"
Everything was going great until I had to sleep. In short, the bed sucks. The mattress was hard and the pillows offer zero support. They go flat. I couldn't sleep. I'd stay here again and recommend this hotel if the pillows weren't flat.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
We value your comments and are happy to read that you enjoyed so much of our property. With that being said, it is regrettable if you were not fully impressed with your bedding. Comfort while traveling can be so important. If there is anything we could have done to help, our associates are always available. Thank you for your feedback.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
J
Good. Could be a better rate since it is across the bay but it was nice and comfortable and close to the BART to go into the city. Can also have shuttle run more often to pick people up from the BART
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
The DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina is located across the bay from San Francisco, offering our guests the ability to get into the city via public transportation, car or Berkeley Water Taxi but with the peace that comes from being outside the hustle and bustle. We appreciate your feedback and will share your suggestions regarding our complimentary shuttle service with our team. We hope you will have the chance to stay with us again.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Only con was confusing signage"
We stayed for one night after attending a performance. Room was fine. The only issue we had was actually FINDING the room after a 10:30 p.m. check in. We followed directions to entrance to "Building 4" -- so far, so good. Then, as you normally do, we looked for the arrows with the room number ranges. In trying to follow those arrows, we kept ending up in Building 2, Building 5, anything BUT building 4. As one of us has back problems and was using a walker, and the corridors were L-O-O-O-N-G, this was not a good experience. We finally ran into a helpful staff person who correctly directed us.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Thank you for taking the time to provide details regarding your most recent experience at our hotel. We are glad you were able to enjoy comfortable accommodations after your event in the area, but we must apologize if you encountered any confusion in locating your guest room. Our associates are always happy to help in any way they can. We hope to welcome you again for another visit, thank you.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Needs some interior upgrades. Especially bathrooms"
Overall the hotel was okay. Nothing too fancy but maybe a little overpriced. Rooms need some upgrading and elevators were pretty scary. Lots of parking and the warm cookie at check in was great! Not bad for a one night stay.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. It’s great that you enjoyed our complimentary parking and savoring our signature freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies. The outdoor walking trails are perfect for enjoying some fresh air and beautiful marina views. We will be sure to share your suggestions with our management team regarding our guest rooms and public spaces. It is our hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014