All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2216 Se 16th St, Ames, IA, 50010, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Perfect for me"
The room was a great option for me because it served its purpose. I was on business and needed it for the night. The staff was friendly and the room was actually very nice and comfortable. No issues at all and perfect for a short stay.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great place to stay for an overnight for the price"
It was better than I expected for the price. The only negative was the room sink was slow to drain.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"Clean beds, the room was bad"
need a new paint. Everything showing signs of wear, linens, towels. The bloom is off the rose. Ok but not like it use to be.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
BrianS
Our room wasn't ready when we got there, well after check in time and even though the desk clerk went to check on it before we went up. After lugging all our stuff up, we find it in the middle of being cleaned, so we went back down and sat for 20 minutes waiting. The cushions on the window seats were stained. Staff was friendly and nice. Free breakfast was good.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Good choice"
The hotel is in a good location and it is easy to get to from the Interstate and from Iowa State. The bed was not very comfortable and it was noisy in the room because of the interstate close by. The room was clean and it was reasonably priced.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"Good but not fabulous"
Room was small but mirrored wall helped. Could hear all the doors closing above, below and beside us. Bath was super small but did the job.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Smelled like dirty, oily body odor. Glad I brought my own sheet with.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Dirty linens"
The first room had dirty bed linens. Changed room and although the sheets were clean the blanket had no cover and the edges of the blanket were grey and bed had a blanket with dirt on its top edge . The vent in the bath started vibrating at 2:00 AM and woke us up. The hallway carpets had huge spill stains up and down the length of the hallway. They say they will be renovating soon but this level of dirtiness is not acceptable. Microtel allowed us to cancel the remaining two nights without penalty. We can accept older but not dirty!
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
ISU parents
"A bit more than I would pay- but decent overall"
The room looked like it had started to be updated. Fairly clean. The beds were not the most comfortable but decent. The bottom sheet did have a stain on it so I pulled it off and brought it to the front desk to swap out. The breakfast was good. Waffles, fruits, biscuits and gravy.....Friendly front desk staff. We were on the first floor so above us was loud like a herd of elephants. Overall a decent stay.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"nice hotel"
Stayed here for NDSU vs ISU. Hotel staff friendly, decent breakfast
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Good choice at a great price"
We've stayed at this Microtel on several visits to Iowa State. It's consistently been a great option. It's clean, in a convenient location, and the staff is friendly/helpful. For the price, it's been a very good value.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Myron
The room was clean and the staff was helpful. The parking was convenient and the location was right off of the highway.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Not as "Micro" as you think..."
People told me to avoid Microtel because the rooms are so small. I decided to pay a little extra for the suite and I am glad I did. It was a nice large room and while I did not use the suite amenities (the extra couch), I did get a nice large room at a great rate. I would not suggest the room I had for two people as the bed was still fairly small, especially if you are on the bigger/average size. This the first hotel I have stayed in awhile that seems to be well taken care of compared to previous stays at other places. If I need to go back to Ames, I will be staying here.
5 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
Michiko
"Nice but nothing special"
This hotel was nice enough, but just that, nothing special. Bed was confortable and the room was clean. The bathroom could use mainentance (loose floor tile, tub floor needed to be bleached, shower massage head put out just a strong drizzle). This place did the job for the few hours each of the tow nights I was there. Rooms were quiet and that beats a loose floor tile anyday. Staff was mostly friendly. Person who checked me in did not sell me my room number or direction the room was, just handed me the pouch with keys. Alos he neglected to tell me the WiFi code was written on the pouch too. I discovered that while riding the elevator down to check out. Breakfast was nothing more than a carb fest. If you like that, it was excellant, if you don't, you will need to go elsewhere for your morning meal Lots of muffins, breads, oatmeal (which was empty), waflles, and yogart.. Not one thing with protein. The coffee was excellant and you could get a free US Today paper. All in all I would stay again. For the money it was a decent stay.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Lulu
Carpets were a little grubby throughout hotel and overall it is a little dated. We had a one night stay and it met our needs. Receptionists were very friendly and helpful though with regard to ordering a taxi and making printouts from the computer.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
exphat1
"One night stay was very nice. Bed was comfortable"
Room was small but clean and comfy. Walls are very thin so we heard all noises in other rooms and outside. Boys were standing at the outside door smoking and loud talking for about an hour. That's better than doing that inside but not comfortable walking through them.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"GOOD VALUE FOR PRICE"
WE STAYED HERE DURING THE STATE FAIR. COMMUTE WAS QUICK AND EASY FROM AMES. OUR SUITE WAS CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE WITH ALL THE AMENTIIES WE EXPECTED AND NEEDED. OUR ONLY COMPLAINT WITH THE ROOM WAS LOCATION OF LIGHT SWITCH FROM DOOR, IT'S ON THE OPPOSITE WALL, KIND OF ODD AND INCONVEINEINT. ALSO THE LIGHT/FAN COMBO IN THE BATHROOM HAD AN ANNOYING ROAR. CARPET IN DINING AND FOYER AREA IS BUCKLED AND CONSIDERING HOW IMPORTANT FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE ESPECIALLY IN A HOTEL I CAN'T BELEIVE THEY ARE NOT ADDRESSING THE ISSUE. IT SEEMS THE HOTEL STAFF OVERALL CARES MORE ABOUT THE HOTEL THAN THE MANAGER/OWNER. ALSO THE LANDSCAPING WAS DEPLORABLE AND THE ENTRYWAY WAS NOT SWEPT THE ENTIRE TIME WE WERE THERE (3 DAYS). AGAIN, IT'S ALL ABOUT FIRST IMPRESSIONS. IF THE MANAGEMENT CONTINUES TO NOT CARE THE RATING OF THIS NICE HOTEL WILL GO DOWN AND THAT WOULD BE A SHAME BECAUSE IT IS A NICE HOTE IN AN EXCELLENT LOCATION.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
A/C was not functioning. When turned on it gave off a very foul smell.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
James Wagner
"time to replace carpet"
We have relatives in Ames and so we stay here fairly often. We appreciate the dog-friendly policy. Was put-off by the manager though this time, when she told me we were lucky to get a room when we checked in the night before. Apparently, because we had not called the hotel to let them know we had a dog, the room they had for us was a non-dog room. The new managers said no dogs in non-dog room, no exceptions. I explored the hotels. com sign-in and see no place to leave request or comment on sign-in. Don't know whether to be irritated by the hotel or hotels.com. Carpets are getting shabby! Manager says new owners. Not sure I am going to stay there again or not. There is another pet-friendly hotel up the road I will probably try next time. Also manager complained about hotels.com, but i have been using this website for several years without a hitch...
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"close to delivery"
Toilet ran ,,, HBO didn't work and I told them that and they never fixed it
2 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
Only thing wrong was a burnt out bathroom light, which they fixed immediately. Great staff. Great location. Clean comfortable room.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Dennis
"Pretty good stay"
The hotel was clean and relatively quiet. My only complaint was being in a room right near the ice machine. Other hotel guests were using the ice machine at 5, 6, and 7 am and this woke up my entire room each time. The breakfast was great! Waffles, eggs, English muffins, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, juice
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
We were happy with the room and the interior of the hotel but the exterior needs work. They can make the landscaping look much better if they put some time into fixing it up.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"clean and quiet"
Very nice staff and would stay again
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
"Adequate for 1 night"
Stayed for a college visit and met our needs for a nights' sleep. Cookies upon check-in was a treat, staff were nice breakfast had lots of options and room was clean. Outside door entrance at side of hotel did not lock so that was a bit of a safety issue.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
GN
"Our stay at the Microtel"
Our stay at the Microtel was just fine. The room was clean and the staff was extremely nice. Our only concern was that the water was very hard. I don't know if that is something that can be addressed, however.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Jane
"Great hotel for a short stay near Iowa State"
I would stay here again the next time I need a hotel in the area. Room was nice size and clean. Breakfast was out early and offered a nice variety.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
K
"You get what you pay for"
Very spartan accommodations. Just the basics. However, electrical receptacle next to sink had no power, and I did do the reset. So, no one was checking on such matters. Tiny bath. Easy to hear neighbors through walls. Guess you now must pay over $100 per night to get better rooms in other hotels. We had a problem during check out. Management was rude and combative to our concerns, rather than being empathetic. Although our concerns were answered, the approach from the hotel toward us was poor.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
BillinStLouis
"A little tired"
Everything was clean, just a little worn. Not being handicapped it wasn't an issue for me but the room was a handicap room and the furthest from the elevator, last on the hall. Apparently they think all handicapped are in wheel chairs, it would be a long haul with a walker.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Just fine for Ames, IA"
An ok experience. Convenient location. Pretty good breakfast.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
K
I stayed in a suite and had a wonderful experience there. The room was very clean and there were two flatscreen TVs in my room. The staff were very friendly.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Cleveland Girl
"Place to crash during Iowa Games"
Room was as expected other than the air conditioning didn't seem to be taking the humidity out of the air so it was cool and a bit clammy. Beds were comfortable and everything was clean. Didn't enjoy having the door from the bath room open directly into you if you were at the sink brushing your teeth (poor design choice)
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
iowaviking
"Run down & dirty"
Not a place to take the family. Not clean, air didn't work very well, broken shower curtain and had a bad musty smell. Only good thing was the staff was nice. Would not stay there again...definitely not worth the money.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"In Right Location"
Carpet in the hall ways was buckled and looks like a liability issue. The sheets, pillowcases, comforter all had stains on them. The towels were old and worn out! The room did not look like it was vacuumed and that makes me wonder if they even cleaned the restroom!? For the breakfast, that was horrendous, no protein at all (bacon, sausage, etc) and only gravy (are you guys trying to kill us all) for the biscuits and some of the biscuits were hard as a rock and must have been microwaved too long or were left over from the previous day. The air conditioner was ok, but someone put a seat on top of the unit and that blocks the air from being able to be distributed correctly. The TV channels were not very good and could not find a way to view (per menu) what I would have liked to watch. The room was quiet and too large, for one person, but I guess you only offer the suites for on-line purchases. I only want to say I was expecting much better from a Wyndham property.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Serviceable"
Clean with a nice continental breakfast, but it took 3 trips to the front desk to get a remote that would work with our TV and the room never got cool enough with hot humid weather outside.
2 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
Lynn
Room was musty smelling and no room to sit for breakfast, we took food to our room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Easy to find.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Great hotel to stay."
Great hotel to stay with your family and friends. Nice and clean. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST FROM 6 TO 10 AM.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
Miro
nice and quite, great value compare with all other hotel close by!
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"2 nights for college orientation visit"
The hotel was adequate for our college orientation visit. The staff was friendly and informative but the condition of the room and hotel itself was questionable at best. For a brief no frills visit it was fine but i wouldn't stay there for an actual vacation.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
CC
"A good, basic hotel"
This hotel is conveniently located to the Iowa State U. campus. The facilities are basic, clean - nothing fancy. If you just need a good place to sleep at an economical price, this is the place in Ames. It is located right off of Route 30 at an exit but is a bit away from most Ames eateries and stores.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Room basic and ok but lobby bath worst ever"
Good basic hotel not too expensive OK internet and room clean. But the lobby bathroom was terrible.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Rich
"Great Overall"
Comfy bed
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Get what you pay for."
Hotels were hard to find during the dates of our stay that were not overly expensive. If a room comes with a fridge & microwave, I don't understand why a coffee maker isn't as well. Would rather have coffee maker over microwave. Placed across from stair entrance so it was quite noisey due to a bunch of basketball players. I feel we got what we paid for.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Sheryl
"Ick-- water damage!"
Besides my door not latching or locking for the first two days, my bathroom ceiling leaked for the whole week I was there. The whole place smelled musty and appeared to have significant water damage throughout. I would choose a different hotel if staying in the Ames area. I know I will next time.
6 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
"Room Not Ready"
Received key upon arrival but when I went to the room, there were dirty towels on the floor and room had not been cleaned from previous guest. Apologetic and new room right away, but new room not all that clean. Not impressed w all-white bed linens. No surrounding restaurants to walk to.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Good value. Clean, quiet room"
Well run hotel that provides good value for the low rate. We've stayed here before (daughter attends ISU) and will stay here again. The only negative was that the room didn't cool down quite a much as we prefered after a warm day.
2 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Just an ok motel."
The washing machine for the guests was out of order, and no one seemed to know where a laundry mat was.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Ok hotel"
Nothing special. Carpets stained. Bathroom tile needed repairs. Air in room took long time to cool. Wireless did not work. Room was clean other than carpet stains.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
The hotel was clean and comfortable. It was a good price for the room. However, we could hear the people in the neighboring rooms, both the room above and on the sides. Luckily, none of the guests in those rooms were loud.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Very friendly and accommodating staff. Thank you!
1 night trip May 8, 2014