All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
2216 Se 16th St, Ames, IA, 50010, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Clean and comfortable"
Hotel was easy to get to, very comfortable beds and very clean. We got in at 10 pm and left the next morning at 8:30, so it was a short stay. Room was perfect for that and the price
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Exceeded expectations"
Immaculate, spacious room appeared to be very recently remodeled. White, fresh bedcover instead of the usual heavy, dark spreads that you are afraid to touch. Warm but lightweight down comforter. Will choose this hotel again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Mom of IowaSt
"Flush First"
Peed as soon as I got to the room. When I flushed, the toilet backed up. They don't flush at least once when cleaning a room?
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Lynn
"Good enough for price"
Undergoing construction, but that was stated on the site when we booked. Continental breakfast was decent.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"ok for a night."
The clean service is not consistent. I spent 5 days in the hotel and the carpet was not vacuumed while I was there. Replacement of used item's was inconsistent as well. Pillows for sure need replacement.
5 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Ana Lucia P
"Too warm"
The room was extremely warm. We tried the air conditioner, but of course being winter it did not work. We had to open the window but the road noise did not allow for a good night's sleep.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Jill
"ISU Track Meet"
Track event at ISU. Room location was convenient. Room itself was very nice for the price, clean and comfortable, everything needed or expected. Motel was under construction, improvements will be very nice, but until finished not fair to rate. Attempt at breakfast was ok, but need more attention to a few things. Will probably rebook, hoping construction will be done, should be a very nice facility for a reasonable price.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"I feel this hotel is a good value for the price."
Although the hotel was under construction, it was not noisy and created no problems. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast more than I expected for a continental breakfast. the staff was very welcoming and helpful.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Construction headaches."
Start by explaining that the hotel was under construction . We arrived late - and were put on 1st floor. The walls were paper thin and we heard everything the next room was saying - and in fact, had to call at 12:30 am to complain they were too loud. The bathroom is so small that it's hard to turn around in it, and the toilet is next to the shower, not separate.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Wow Construction!!!!"
Lobby under construction, just a mess!! Dust everywhere!!
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Satisfied"
It was just fine for 2 college girls who needed a cheap place to stay. The beds were always made and they provided us with fresh towels daily. It is undergoing some remodeling, but it wasn't a disturbance. The gym is very small (treadmill, elliptical and bike) so plan your workouts accordingly.
5 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Hotel WILL Get Better once renovations are done."
Hotel was undergoing a massive redecoration. Carpets pulled up. Lobby tile ripped out. Access to elevator iffy each day. Ice machines plugged and unplugged. Construction noise in the hotel started early each day. First night spent on first floor by exterior door which began being used at 5 am and banged each time closed. Same with other room doors. On second day, asked to be moved to top floor. Much better. Top floor was more complete in renovation and quieter. Room relatively small fro two people. Beds very comfortable. A lot of other hotels going up nearby and added exterior noise to the interior noise as well. Maid staff did beds, restocked towels, little else as far as I could tell. Small fitness room with one eliptical and one treadmill. Once in for the night you are in for the night ---- no real nightlife in Ames unless you hit the college side of town. Recommend Olde Main Brewing Company for decent dinner. The rest seem to be chain restaurants, which worked for the week.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Greg/Cindy
"Horrible Mess because of remodeling"
Bait & switch... This was not a hotel but a construction site! I never would have booked this room if they posted an announcement on their website- Messy, dirty & smelly! I want my money back.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great place"
Although they are in total remodeling (from top to bottom, walls, carpets, the whole deal) they manage to maintain the facilities funtional and everything clean. Excellent service, very good breakfast menuand top of the line staff. Great location, near restaurants, shopping, highways and Iowa State University. Looking foward to stay again when they finish the remodeling.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Luis R
"Good location."
Hotel undergoing some rennovation. Comfortable bed.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
The front area of motel was being renovated, kind of a mess, the room was fine , service was file.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Will be better once renovations are done."
Hotel will probably be great when it is done being renovated. Room was spacious and bed was firm and comfortable. However, there was construction all in the lobby and main floor and in the hallways. Also, I was not greeted upon arrival and the man working the front desk was not friendly at all. Did not say thank you and I had to initiate our conversation so I could check in.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Hillary
Very disappointed as all rooms were under construction including the one we stayed. Would not have stayed there if we had known that fact before we made the reservation.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
sheryl
"STAY AWAY FROM HERE"
STAY AWAY OF THIS HOTEL SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME. BLOND CHILD AT THE FRONT DESK SHE IS RUDE
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Martin
"Unexpected renovations"
The hotel is being renovated with more attention being given to the upgrades than the daily maintenance of the hotel. Our first room had a clogged sink and smelled of cigarettes. We were quickly given another room but it was in the middle of the construction area. The halls were cluttered with mattresses and frames making walking in the halls difficult. Many of the walls had wet paint. The stay was disappointing compared to our previous stay at the same hotel just two months prior.
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
MARY
"Nice room for the night."
The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is going through a renovation so the exterior has a bit of a mess but inside it was clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
DeWayne
"Under construction for several months"
The hallway where I was staying was under construction. No carpet, painting, very loud and smelly.
3 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"Overall decent experience"
Good hotel for the price. Good service. Location is close to Hilton and Jack Trice Stadium. Excellent breakfast!!!!
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Work in Progress"
A lot of work is being done to update the rooms and hallway so it was kind of a mess. The updates look good and will be interested to see when they are done. Good breakfast and good value.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"Had to give 1 star-Zero not an option"
The hotel was under construction in stairways. Freshly painted and looked like they did a knock down texture that they did not vacuum up after and it was tracked all through the halls and into our room. I had asked for a king size bedroom but only received a queen. (BF 6'3"-makes for a tight squeeze for us. Very uncomfortable. It was also a handicap room with no lamps so bedroom area was dimly lit with 2 wall lights. We had to use our cell phone flash lights to see things. Got up the next morning for breakfast and overheard a table that found a broken off finger nail in the gravy. They reported it and the staff did not remove the gravy in question. Yuck! That is gross. I then went up to the front desk and asked if anything was to be done with the gravy of what was told to him and he seemed very agitated at my request. Went back to my room-packed up and left with plans never to stay there again.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"Very decent place to stay"
I was at the hotel while attending a family funeral. It provided all the amenities I needed. The hotel was undergoing repairs/refreshment (new paint, rugs in the hallways), which left a minor odor in the room, but certainly not overpowering. The arrangements/amenities met all my needs. I was happy to stay there.
2 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
Nicholas
I was very disappointed after going upstairs to my room. The second floor was being renovated and it looked like very undesirable. For a second I thought the front desk made a mistake until I asked one of the workers. My room was at the very end of the hallway and one of the few rooms that was completed on the floor. I went inside the room and it looked okay. Even though it was a one night stay, I wanted it to be enjoyable. I asked the front desk if all the rooms were occupied. He said no and I asked him if I could be moved. He told me it was no problem at all. After it was said and done I thought about it and wonders why the front desk did not tell me about this beforehand and give me an option to move. That really made my stay less enjoyable.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Chill
"horrible bed"
Everything was good expect for the bed, it was absolutely uncomfortable, and the sheets smelled like they havnt been washed in weeks
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Tyler
The hotel was under remodeling while we were there but everything functioned fine and it wasn't even noisy. Huge rooms and it was very comfortable! Would love to stay here again for that cheap of a price. But i think it was only cheap cause of the renovation.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Work in progress"
While our room showed signs of wear and tear the hotel was in the process of updating rooms. The breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Not too bad for the price"
This hotel is under renovation right now. They are painting and sheet rocking. It is a bit messy right now in common area, but all things need to done, so I understand. I thought the rooms were very clean and the staff was very accomodating.
2 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
Lenette
Not very clean. We found old food wrappers. The staff was curt with us. The heater was very loud.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
marie
"Hit What I was Ames-in For"
They were doing remodeling but of little or no inconvenience. Great breakfast - bagles, waffles, buscuits and gravy: very nice. Beds very comfortable. Wall mirror made room feel very large! Only thing was the design of the sink & mirror directly in front of the toilet/shower - makes for getting in and out difficult when someone is doing makeup or something at the sink. Price was right too!
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Decline of a good value hotel"
I have stayed at the MIcrotel Inn several times over the last couple of years and have always considered it an excellent good value. This stay was very disappointing. I noticed immediately that the carpet and elevator floors were dirty with spill spots, stains and not vacuumed. When I arrived at my room on the third floor, I exited the elevator to a massive construction site with wall board being installed, painting be done and fire alarms and water sprinklers covered. The smell of paint was overwhelming. The smell was too much so I asked for a room on another floor which they could not accomodate. I was moved to a room further from where the painting was being done and the smell was less intense. I talked with other guests who had the same concerns. Using the rooms during major construction was a poor decision. During my four night stay, my room was adequately cleaned only once. It was skipped entirely on one day. I am not demanding when it comes to cleaning but at least expect the trash to be emptied especially when the room has a microwave and refrigerator. The staff was not as professional as in the past and there is an overall decline to the general maintenance of the facility. My assumption is that a change of management is responsible for the lower quality standards at Microtel.
"Nice hotel for the price."
Easy to get to from Highway, Front desk staff pleasant, Hotel under remodeling which meant fresh paint and clean, but the construction crew started the room next to mine and across from mine at 7 am, after we arrived in our room after midnight and were hoping to sleep in a little longer. Also the room did not have trim on the bottom of the walls and still had masking tape on the door frame. Another negative is the small bathroom. Otherwise the room was comfortable and the beds were comfortable.
"Under construction, but still a very pleasant stay"
We arrived rather late but were still greeted very warmly. Hotel is under renovations, but was still very pleasant. Rooms were nearly done and were very comfortable.
Buddey
"Nice and Clean"
Nice visit, comfortable, clean and modern. Close to many attractions and events. Great location.
Lois
"renovations in progress"
currently renovating - so we had a room that was in process of being painted
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
"Remodeling ruined the stay"
When we walked in and saw "sorry for the mess" signs I had an uneasy feeling. We unfortunately were placed on the floor where all the painting was taking place - no openings to move. I have a very difficult time with fumes or perfumes and paint is one of them. The smell in the room was not as strong as the hallway, but I still woke up with a headache. I realize they would lose money, but not placing people on the remodeling floor may have been much wiser in the long run. I must say though, that the staff in the morning was excellent - sincerely friendly and helpful. Very authentic.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
MK
"Very surprised by the value!"
More than I expected for the money! We were pleasantly surprised to find a host of amenities. I wish we'd had more time to stay a second night.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Margaret
"Stop Over in Ames"
This overnight stay was a great value. The room was very clean, the bathroom was large, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was adequate and the staff was very friendly. We will use them again in the future.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Fred
"Clean, Quiet, Warm, Service Personell Excellent"
Came for one night while searching for apartment. Staying for five nights as search was unproductive but hotel is great. Wonderful bed, great breakfast, clean and staff very helpful. I am disabled and they aided me to move my luggage. I will use this company in the future both for Ames Guests and this brand when I travel. Manager very kind and helpful. Quiet and heat in room was perfect. Thank you.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2014
June
"short stay"
We had a short stay with a small room, only one bed but it was very comfortable and close to our destination. Enjoyed the service and will use this hotel again.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
Cheryl D
"choose another"
This hotel is in bad condition. My room smelled of smoke, the water smelled of sulfur, and generally the facilities were not very nice.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
Walter
It was a short, but ok stay - was only there 7 hrs
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"motel upgraded to hotel"
It was a pleasant stay for the price. looking for an overnight stay in a clean place? An upgraded motel with some hotel specs. We were headed to Minneapolis and needed a place to stay. Good for the price, also considering that the surrounding area has only motels, we thought it was the right choice.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Lapo
"Good price for the room."
It was a good deal for the price. Could be updated. Carpet in the halls and stairway needs cleaning. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Good price for the room
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"worth the money"
We were very happy with the service and out stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"Decent Hotel for Iowa State visit"
We needed a place to stay while we were visiting Iowa State. We had a Family Suite which was perfect for our family of 5. I was pleased with the room. The hotel staff was not especially friendly or anything. I appreciate a smile and a warm greeting when I check in or out. Friendly staff can make an okay hotel excellent. The continental breakfast was okay. The room was clean when we arrived, I did find a plastic bag in one of the drawers that was left there previously. Also there were no additional sheets/covers for the pull out couch, those can usually be found in the room.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"I will NEVER use Expedia to book a room again!"
I booked two nights with this hotel through Expedia. I was to tired when I arrived to care that the carpets were stained throughout and needed vacuuming or that the couch and chairs in my room were all horribly stained - so much so I could not bring myself to sit on any of them; but by morning I decided I was not staying another night. The hotel would not refund the room for the second night as they said I paid through Expedia, therefore, I needed to contact them for a refund. When I contacted Expedia, they in turn called the hotel to see if the hotel manager agreed with my complaint and was okay with Expedia refunding my second night. They were not - therefore, Expedia kept my money for the night I did not spend in this disgusting hotel.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014