All hotels in Rockford, Illinois, United States of America
7801 East State Street, Rockford, IL, 61108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.3
"Out of Order..."
I was traveling alone with my two small children when we stayed here. I booked the hotel because of the photo's posted on Hotel's.com regarding the pool area. It looked like a waterpark. When I arrived I found out that the waterpark was only open on the weekends and it costs extra. Once I checked in and brought my luggage inside the elevator was out of order so I had to haul my stuff in sections with crying children, a hotel staff did help but It was still very frustrating. When I went to do a load of laundry the washer was down so I had to drive to a store to buy a few pieces of clothing to make the last leg of our trip. And again one of the ice machines was out of order so I had to haul my children around looking for ice...
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Wendy
"read many reviews on this one"
The good; spacious room, comfortable bed, little patio, nice location near waterpark, inside waterpark looks nice especially for kids, inside pool is nice,. The bad; outside pools empty with plants gone wild, room needs ceiling tile fixed, hot water in shower hard to find.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
james
the air conditioner made noise ALL NITE!
Michele
Room was relatively clean, however we had several bugs that appeared. Had to ask twice for extra towels.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"Try other properties in the area"
Dated property
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Clock Tower Inn and Resort"
the worst experience I had in my life. Hotel was not very clean, the grounds are unkept and full of weeds, the linens look old and over used. Towels were so used that it was hard to dry up after a shower, no soap bars for the shower, only one small bar for hand washing. They had guest room that was over the limits on how many guess can legally stay in one room, they were allowed to have a very loud party until 5:00am. Several phone calls to the front desk were ignore The te phone in the room did not work, so in case of an emergency you can only use your cell phone. In summary, if there was a 0 star rating, that is what this hotel would get from me.
Aida
There were very few people in the hotel. I only saw2 at breakfast which was juice a boiled egg, stale pastries, granola, fruit and yogurt. There was a toaster with small bagels and English muffins, but no. Bread. I made my reservation over the Internet in April for a visit in May and my credit card was charged immediately. It just wasn't what I remember the Clock Tower being
3 night trip with friends May 3, 2015
"Will not return"
Won't return. The price doesn't include the waterpark so it's a complete waste.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Jacob
"The clock tower resort stay"
The morning when we were getting ready to leave to go to Rockford for a state tumbling meet, we got a call and the waterpark was going to be closed for the weeken at the clock tower resort and that is why I chose to stay there. We got there and they let us check in early was a big plus but has we walked around the arcade was also closed which was never told to us. Then our room only had two big towels and there was three of us in the room so my daughter had to use a hand towel to dry off from her shower. I really don't think that the hotel was ready for the number of people that was staying there this weekend, they couldn't keep the towels in the pool area that was open stocked, I really think that they should of had more staff members working this weekend.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
cori
"Bad Bad Bad"
Horrible horrible!!! hotel has not been updated in over 30 years booked the hotel for the waterpark, because it was closed down for renovation, I was there on a Thursday night but their advertisement on their Facebook page said they were closed Friday night, but they weren't open Thursday for us, no concessions were made to us for this horrible inconvenience . The lights in our bathroom were broken not just not working but physically broken plastic, it was just a mess from beginning to end I will never ever stay here again, really sad that I used my welcome rewards from hotels.com at this place when we couldn't even use the water park like we intended.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Kati
"DIsappointed in Clock Tower"
The Clock Tower Inn is very old. It's very obvious when walking around the hotel and in the bathrooms. The rooms were clean but damp and musty. If you want to use the waterpark make sure you have the waterpark package. They allow outside people to pay to use it so it is very crowded for a tiny little park. And it's only open until 9pm on Saturday night which was very distressing to us since our kids played in a soccer tournament and didn't have the day to spend in the waterpark. Once the waterpark closes everyone flocks to the pool which is open until 10pm. It was insane even for our 11 & 12 year old kids. They wanted nothing to do with it. And note that the time listed in the room books is for the pool, not the waterpark. We made the mistake of thinking they were the same thing.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Avoid this place"
This place has not been updated since it was built (I'm guessing around 1980). More importantly, they've clearly only been doing duct tape-type repairs. There were at least 5 things broken in my room and everyone I knew had the same experience. Its great fun to have the water park in the hotel, but you don't even get a discount. Stay across the street and go to the water park if you must. I will be surprised if this place is still in business in a year.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
steven
"Run down!!!!!"
The hotel needs a lot of maintance and general upkeep. Basically you would think the cost to stay in the hotel was like $20 dollars but it was a lot more than that. I was going to complain but everyone in line ahead of me were already complaining so I let it go. I would never ever stay there again.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Eddie
"water park only open on weekends!!!"
indoor pool is closed and the water resort is only open on the weekends!!!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Clock Tower Weekend"
Comfortable but needs upgrading. Hair dryer left a little to be desired
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
"Old Old Old"
This is an old, old, old hotel. Massive swaths of wallpaper hanging off the wall old. Toilets not flushing old. Original 1970s carpeting old. And a staff that sort of tries but knows this is a lost cause old.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Trip"
The indoor water park was closed and it was not advertised anywhere that it was. We had no pool or hot tub for our stay. The bathroom had mold in it the sink was cracked. The hotel overall is in very worn out old condition. The check in process was very lengthy. Not worth the price
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Horrible experience."
We will not be returning. Expedia advertises queen beds but when we got to the room they were fulls. Apparently they only have fulls or kings. If I had known this I would have booked a different room. Also my dad surprised us by paying for the room but when we checked in they said we still had a balance. Huge issue checking out and we ended up having to pay for it ourselves. They also had one young kid working by himself at the front deskplace when it was crazy busy. Bad experience!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
stephanie
"Will stay again"
the hotel staff was helpful. The room was clean, I will stay here in the future
3 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"poorly understaffed"
Hotel very understaffed took an hour to check in with 1 person working the front desk and at 5pm rooms were still not clean or ready. Was not worth the trip not staying there again
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
juan
"Very Satisfied"
After living in Rockford, Il for 25 years we decided to make our last stay at the Clock Tower before we moved to Phoenix, Az. We really enjoyed our stay.Very comfortable beds,room was very clean,and continental breakfast was great.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
EDGAR
"Not worth the stay"
Very Disappointing. Upon arrival, the building that our room was in had almost no parking due to the hotel not removing the snow from two weeks ago. Once we made it to our room, the sleeping situation was incorrect. We had reserved and paid for a twin queen bed room, and the beds were full. Being late, and not able to get correct parking, we slept in the room, but will most likely never stay there again. Even had sent a message to the hotel, but have yet to get a return call or email after three days. If you are coming here to use the water park, book the park tickets, but stay in another hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Kenneth E
"Stayed for business only....."
Just stayed for business. Requested two wakeup calls, one was 15 minutes late and the other was on time. Didn't have time to really "assess" the hotel as I just used the facilities for sleep etc and was off to work.
3 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
It was a great experience since I was there for a NYE party. The staff was very friendly and helpful
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"The shining of Rockford"
Stay away! This place should be condemned. The room was extremely dirty and in the middle of winter, the brick wall construction left the room feeling like an ice box. The hotel also gave off an extremely creepy feel.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"ClockTower"
Very pleasantly surprised because some of the reviews weren't favorable I'm glad I took a chance
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
Reda
"Can you give no stars?"
Asked for an early wake up call. The phone didn't work, no one came to the room. Elevator didn't work. Handle fell off the coffee caraf. Bathroom needs serious remodel and cleaning. Best Western should take their name off that one. It's hurting their image. Terrible!
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Mel
"Horrible place, do not stay here"
DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The decor and furnishings are right out of the 70's. Even with all of the lights on the room is so dark you can't see anything. The bed needed to be replaced 5 years ago, there were divots on both sides. No hot water in the shower. The one thing that I thought would be a plus is a patio, but I could not open the door without throwing out my back. Breakfast was cereal, muffins and yogurt only.
2 night family trip Oct 22, 2014
Jerry
I'm very disappointed as this was not the same clock tower I used to know
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"room was ok, but....."
WiFi was oversubscribed TV didn't have a picture Quiet time wasn't enforced. It wasn't bad room, but it was overpriced for what we received.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Wouldn't never recommend."
Vomit in hallway. Candy wrapper in between bed sheets. Front desk staff impolite. Lack of management. 2 employees running around were clearly overworked, and tried to help clean up hallway. Several cops surrounding the parking lot in the morning. I'd steer everyone away.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
This hotel is one of the worst I've stayed in. The carpet in our room was very dirty and felt sort of sticky. The towels were small and they did not give you enough of them. The tub looked dirty. Overnight the fire alarm went off 3 times. The 2nd and 3rd time no one even left there rooms and the alarms went off for hours without them being turned off. The next morning the cleaning service made only one of the beds. They took all the dirty towels but didn't give us any cleans ones.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Unhappy guest
"My last two days at Clock Tower"
There was a very bad smell in the Hotel. The machine to activate the room door card was malfunctioning and the hotel was not able to fix it in over 2 days, even it was the weekend. The Management did not came up by them self to excuse the inconvenience.
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
Ernst
"Old, very dated and smells"
Very disappointing, the hotel was old and very dated. The bed was soft and had a severe sagging middle that you literally rolled into. The smell was either bleach or chlorine. Do not recommend.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Never again. Hotel needs major renovation"
In a facility that was oviously far from fully booked it was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING to be assigned a room that faced the interestate. There is no sound abatement and listening to the interstate all night long was very frustrating. The hotel is dire need of a renovation. All the facilities are VERY VERY dated. Restaurant for the breakfast was dirty and had an odor. I will not stay at the property ever again no matter the value.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
It has not been maintained. Water park closed. Outdoor pool closed. Toilet not working. Police had to be called for a room down the hall. Landscaping is mostly weeds. Was very nice a while ago. Service was good.
6 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Bad experience in Rockford"
It took 35 minutes to check in. By the time we were checked in there were about 10 people behind us. One person behind the desk was in training and was unable to help anyone.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Al
The hotel is very run down. One elevator was out of order, ice machine closest to our room wasn't working, and outside pool wasn't filled. We only had 2 towels in our room for 4 people, called down for more and never received them. Room was clean and staff was nice but we will never stay there again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Really not being maintained"
Uncut gas and lots of weeds. Fixtures old, pool needs painted. Stay someplace else
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Bob J
"Run down"
I have no proof. But I believe they are using this hotel for low income housing. Stay away. Dangerous to go get ice. BTW...5 out of 6 ice machines were broken.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Pete
"Would not use again"
Pics of hotel must have come from a magazine or during the days when it was new. Service was pleasant- but it took forever to get checked in. Room was very old- i wore shoes to bathroom because i didnt trust the carpet. The shower was ancient and i couldnt get the water to turn off. The bathroom has a threatening letter, if the bath towels are missing they charge you $25. These towels are a total joke, i have hand towels bigger(and softer). Free breakfast is at a Thai resturant, micro-mini muffins, cereal, yogurt, coffee/milk - we went to mcdonalds! If i had realized this was considered a "good" hotel by hotels.com I would never have pushed the button. Since it was non- refundable we stayed. On the way home we went to marriott.com, used a govt worker discount and payed $4. less!! Sorry Clock Tower- just not in this century!
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Teresa
"Would not refer to anyone"
We were very disappointed w/ our stay at the Clock Tower. Very run down, in huge need of up-dating. Our king size bed sagged in the middle, so we got very little sleep. The phone was unplugged, there were no coffee mugs for our coffee maker, could not get ahold of front desk for a wake-up call. We would never stay here again, nor would we refer this hotel to anyone else. Instead we have alerted friends NOT to patronize Clock Tower. The best part of our stay was the friendliness of the fellow at the front desk. He did a nice job and was most pleasant!
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"Strange place"
This place needs to be updated. It's out dated that the hair drier in our room had been there since the 70s. The heat/ air was horrible. It is on full blast or off. So either way too hot or way too cold. Our shower shot at the ceiling. We stayed 2 nights and after the first day we were locked out of our room. We had to get new keys. The free breakfast was not worth being free. You had to pay for your drink and tip the wait staff. The food was horrible. The water resort was just nasty! On a better note. The bed was more comfortable than I thought. Most of not all rooms have their own balcony or patio. Which was nice. I don't think I'll be going back to this hotel.
2 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Showing its age"
The ClockTower Inn is definitely showing its age. Peeling wallpaper, outdated bathrooms, and worn carpets demonstrate the need for a total facelift here.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Deedee
"nice waterpark"
showers broken at waterpark and no hot water in our hotel room
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
"worst hotel i have ever stayed in!!"
When I arrived I was told the water park had been shut down yesterday afternoon due to maintenance issues. I did not even receive a call to advice because if I had, I would not have stayed there. We did not receive a discount on the room or anything. If I hadn't already paid this through hotels.com I would have left but because my 7 yr old son was sick of being in a vehicle over an hour we decided to make the best of it. We were assigned to a room. After looking at the room I found the following 1. Wallpaper is peeling off several areas in the room. 2. There was a large water stain it appeared to be on thre ceiling. 3. There was scotch tape holding part of the wallpaper up. 4. Mass amounts of cobwebs spider webs and bugs above the valance of the sliding glass door. 5. Screen sliding glass door was off track, cut at the bottom and did not lock... Huge security issue considering its a ground level room. 6. To the left of the sliding glass door behind the drape the carpet is coming off and there is a random phone jack laying there. 7. Right side of sliding glass door behind the drape mass amounts of white powder debris. - there were spider webs and spider eggs under the air conditioning unit. Worst part- I tried three times to call the front desk about my issues. Each time I listened to it ring about fifteen times and nobody ever answered. Never will stay here again, also sending an email to the corporate office.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Old towels bad service"
Bad experience never going back old towells dirty place pool over full
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Awesome"
Very comfy, friendly & helpful staff, and for a great price. Also located around all the restaurants, mall, movie theatre, everything.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
"Clock tower resort"
not sure they should use RESORT in their name, everything was closed that would make it a resort. the entire place needs a facelift, The roof is collapsing, the bathrooms are dank, lighting is poor, the towels all looked to be 15 + years old. The bed was comfortable though.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
"It qualifies as shelter, but not at all worth+$100"
You know you are in a top notch establishment when you walk into the bathroom and are greeted by a sign adhered to the wall itemizing the amount assessed to your room should you decide to walk off with one of their luxury accessories. 30-grit sand paper towel - $25. Wash Cloth - $10 (can't evaluate, wasn't one present) Bathmat - $25 (really? the bathmat?). Pillow - $50. This place is a relic and needs to be bulldozed.
1 night trip Jan 22, 2014