All hotels in Rockford, Illinois, United States of America
7801 East State Street, Rockford, IL, 61108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
Nice hotel with spacious rooms and great amenities. Could use some updating. Especially in the bathroom. Great location to catch the bus to O'Hare. A summer visit would be great with the outdoor pool and room patios.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Clock tower resort in Rockford thumbs down"
First they put us in a room that wasn't cleaned yet then they gave us a room they had no heat then we got another room and we reserved queen size beds this had just regular double beds the hotel said they don't even have Queens so why was it offered to help was very helpful and friendly but the hotel was dreadful I do not recommend it for anyone the motel 6 probably would be a better choice
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
"Not nearly as nice as it looks online"
Resort Waterpark was closed for maintanance. No discount for that. Rooms were dated. Wallpaper was falling of the wall. Toilet barely flushed. Matress was very soft. Woke up with a sore back . Rear exit doors were locked. Pray there is not a fire. Do yourself a favor, don't stay here
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Once grand hotel now is precipitous decline."
Given cost, this was a very very low value proposition. Planned to stay there after a 50th class reunion to avoid late night on I-90 back to my sister's place in Chicago area. Instead, pulled out of the parking lot at 1:30 am. So, I did pay and I did stay... technically... but just to shower up before the reunion and then to toss a few things back into my still packed suitcase before hitting the road in the dead of night. Place appears to be one of those resold propositions trying to cash in on past laurels.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
"Not worth the money"
First room tv did not work. Hotel had no spares to replace while we were gone. Had to change rooms later that night. Next room, the coffee pot was sparking when we plugged it in and did not work. Breakfast was average at best. Wallpaper in hallways were peeling at seems. Hotel was overpriced for condition, but they have not replied to our request for some compensation.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Darryl
"Used to be great"
Pool...condemned.Facade off.no cleaning of room on Day 2.dirty glass doors. Poor landscaping.room was our room area was blocked off for a wedding. Shower water was cold. Had to ask for clean towels
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"High cost low value."
I was in town for a class reunion. Booked too late to get a good hotel, so I knew the rating was low at 2.6. In fact, it should be lower. The once very good hotel has apparently been resold to one of those low value end-of-life ventures and gives you a feeling of being somewhere between the Overlook Hotel and the Bates Motel. I was in the building at the very back of the complex. I returned at 12:30 to get some sleep before heading back to relatives home in Chicago, but changed my mind and drove there rather than take a change by staying. There's more, but you get the picture.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Hotel was dirty"
The hotel was old and dirty and smelled very musty. The ice machines were broken and the air only worked in the rooms. The outside side door was unlocked, so anyone could get in. There was water damage in our room on the ceiling. Scary place to stay. We will never stay there again. We will however dine at sisters thai cafe, excellent food.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Markand MiMi
"NOT IMPRESSED"
Not too happy with our stay. I can overlook the outdated décor, the closed pool & waterpark, the broken hairdryer in our room, the TV with terrible reception, the 3 out of order ice machines the 2 tiny travel size pillows on each bed.......I can even get past the lack of communication from the staff after being evacuated because of a 12:30 AM fire alarm. (Yes, you would have thought someone would have told us we could re-enter the building)..... BUT.....I can't ignore the dirty room. We found dirty gross shoes under our bed upon arrival (so we knew it was cleaned hap-hazardly before we got there.) There were bugs in the bathroom. The room was clearly not cleaned during our stay. (overnight #1: only one garbage emptied, bed only sort of re-made....never given new linens, not enough towels left for 4 people until we requested "extra" even though we booked for 4 people. Overnight #2: Housekeeping never showed up. At 6:30 PM we had to actually ask for towels and soap, just so the kids could shower after their tournament). Overall....it shows a lack of pride. Only Pros: Close to many restaurants/stores,reliable Wi-Fi, and decent breakfast buffet offered (note: hot items only available Saturday & Sunday) Breakfast staff very friendly and attentive.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Deborah
"stay somewhere else!!"
This hotel is in awful condition! Back in its day it may have been a "resort" but not now! The hotel is gross! The exterior conditions are deplorable! Outdoor pool looks like it hasnt been filled in years and the indoor pool - although it was full - was closed b/c it was condemned! Although the bed was comfortable enough the rooms are dark and musty and don't get me started on the bathrooms! I would recommend the Red Roof in down the street!
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2015
kelly
"Stay away"
The swimming pool was condemned; the exercise room was closed; the electric outlet in the bathroom didn't work, as lamp socket was also broken. The coffee pot had no place to plug it in, and the shower was set so a cold shower was all you could get. Additionally, the hotel restaurant was the Tilted Kilt, that was packed with drunken, young males, gawking at scantily clad waitresses. There was also a parking lot party of young males drinking beer. All in all, this is not a good place to stay!
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Stephen
"Stay somewhere else"
The rooms are very outdated and needs to be remodeled. The room smelled funny but was clean. The price was cheap but I would rather pay a few dollars more for something newer. The AC did not work well (but well enough) and some of the outlets did not work. Overall I would not stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
Josh
"Good bye Clock Tower"
This was a fine hotel originally developed by a local businessman. It displayed his considerable clock collection. It was sold earlier in 2015 except for the clock museum which was removed. The place is now awaiting a make over.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2015
I booked through hotels.com and was never told the water resort portion although indoor was seasonal. So we payed to take my to children to a water park that was not available....very frustrating and disapointing to my kids.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Briana
the stay was very nice. I enjoyed it very much, The only problem I have with the hotel is that it really does need to be updated.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Perfectly comfortable"
Was obviously a "hot spot" convention hotel at one time. Was a bit quiet but clean and comfortable with a morning breakfast. Suited my business needs just fine.
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"good"
Berrygood
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Run down"
Could not get the room below 80, had to go get a fan from Walmart. Exterior door wouldn't lock. Found someone's medicine on the floor and had my grandchildren with us. They charged me an additional $10.00 for a rollaway. Over all experience .. nasty facility !
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Family
"Rooms looked nice, but we're a harzard!"
I got staph bacteria cellulitis from the waterpark!!!! Was out of work 3 weeks, in the hospital 6 days. No Mgr would answer my calls. Pools/hot tubs broken!!!! Hotel halls look like ghost towns. This place should close down and reorganize!!!!!! All I wanted was a nice relaxing week end!!!!!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Lynn
"Great place to stay with a great staff"
Great place to stay with a great staff
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Comfort"
Convenient location. Clean. Nice hot continental breakfast. Bed was very comfortable. Slight noise from I-90 truck traffic right next to the hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"0000"
Horrible
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Dale
"Clock Tower"
We needed a weekend getaway so we researched a good please to go. My son wanted to go to a water park but beings that he is only 2 and isnt a expert swimmer we choose the Coco Key indoor waterpark. It was so much fun we really enjoyed our Stay at clock tower resort. The room was good size and very cozy. However we were VERY disappointed in the housekeeping and the hotel service. Friday was our first night stay and we requested a refridgerator and it took about 2 hours to get to our room and we also requested towels at the same time and they NEVER came. The next day was our waterpark day and everything was great the staff in the pool was great!! after our waterpark fun we decided to go on a walk in the back garden of the lobby right off of our hotel room. we were excited because my son loves flowers and this walk would be great for him. We were extremely disappointed when we went back there and the hotel had let the garden walk area over run with weeds, there seemed to be a pool and hot tube back there at one point and time and it was covered and algae covered. We felt the sense of abandonment on what we thought could really be asset to the hotel. Overall my family had a wonderful stay but i believe there are alot of little improvements that could make the Clock Tower Resort a beautiful and wonderful relaxing place!!!!
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
All equipment in exercise room is broken. Towels are small and thin, like the ones you use at the YMCA.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"I wouldn't go back"
You can tell what ever corporation took over this resort, let it go, no maintenance has been performed in years, they don't care about the looks of this Hotel.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Out of Order..."
I was traveling alone with my two small children when we stayed here. I booked the hotel because of the photo's posted on Hotel's.com regarding the pool area. It looked like a waterpark. When I arrived I found out that the waterpark was only open on the weekends and it costs extra. Once I checked in and brought my luggage inside the elevator was out of order so I had to haul my stuff in sections with crying children, a hotel staff did help but It was still very frustrating. When I went to do a load of laundry the washer was down so I had to drive to a store to buy a few pieces of clothing to make the last leg of our trip. And again one of the ice machines was out of order so I had to haul my children around looking for ice...
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Wendy
"There wasn't a working ice machine in the hall."
The room wasn't very spacious. There wasn't a fridge or a micro wave. For the money, I would expect a fridge and micro wave in my room. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Update needed."
A historic resort in a need of a update. Decor dated.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Mr. F.
"Run away as fast as you can."
This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in (4o years of travel). I grew up in Rockton and this place used to be pretty nice. WOW what happened? Now it looks like a run down barn that is beyond repair. The people at the front desk are clueless and the payment terms are ridiculous (all up front and if you leave earlier you "might" get a refund just "depends". Room smelled like dead cat and the rugs were filthy. Nothing has been updated in years, really, years. We never ever saw another guest there but they kept showing sold out on the internet. Weird. Had to RENT the microwave and refrigerator. Just an overall terrible, terrible hotel.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Let the buyer beware"
Place is very rundown and mismanaged. Floors in halls and rooms were wet. Elevators and ice machines did not work. We reluctantly occupied the third room we were assigned. We expected housekeeping for each of the three days of our stay. However, on the second and third days housekeeping was not performed and we were told that such services had to be requested each day. Even after insisting on typical housekeeping services, we had to visit the reception desk to obtain wash cloths, cups, coffee, etc., etc.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
The place needs some updating. Today's expectations, even for Rockford IL are higher when it comes to spending a night or two in a hotel.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Clock Tower more like The Dark Tower Inn"
My 3 day stay at the Clock Tower Inn was not up to rating standards. It has to be experienced to truly understand.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"read many reviews on this one"
The good; spacious room, comfortable bed, little patio, nice location near waterpark, inside waterpark looks nice especially for kids, inside pool is nice,. The bad; outside pools empty with plants gone wild, room needs ceiling tile fixed, hot water in shower hard to find.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
james
"Don't stay here!!!!"
Pool was not open. External presence gave idea things were not being taken care of. It was a true reflection of the hotel and room conditions. Dirty, musty.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Don't stay here!"
Mold was obviously present. One of our party had extreme allergic reaction.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
the air conditioner made noise ALL NITE!
Michele
Room was relatively clean, however we had several bugs that appeared. Had to ask twice for extra towels.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"Try other properties in the area"
Dated property
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Clock Tower Inn and Resort"
the worst experience I had in my life. Hotel was not very clean, the grounds are unkept and full of weeds, the linens look old and over used. Towels were so used that it was hard to dry up after a shower, no soap bars for the shower, only one small bar for hand washing. They had guest room that was over the limits on how many guess can legally stay in one room, they were allowed to have a very loud party until 5:00am. Several phone calls to the front desk were ignore The te phone in the room did not work, so in case of an emergency you can only use your cell phone. In summary, if there was a 0 star rating, that is what this hotel would get from me.
Aida
"no hot tub"
there was adverstized hot needed bad after 10m hr drive. it was in water park not allowed to use. ask for wake up call did not receive.shower was pee warn.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
labeth
"outdated - yet nice stay"
The hotel is outdated yet out stay was nice. The room was clean and staff provided us extra towels as we had a party of 5. Hotel needs to be fixed up
Other trip May 18, 2015
There were very few people in the hotel. I only saw2 at breakfast which was juice a boiled egg, stale pastries, granola, fruit and yogurt. There was a toaster with small bagels and English muffins, but no. Bread. I made my reservation over the Internet in April for a visit in May and my credit card was charged immediately. It just wasn't what I remember the Clock Tower being
3 night trip with friends May 3, 2015
"Will not return"
Won't return. The price doesn't include the waterpark so it's a complete waste.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Jacob
"The clock tower resort stay"
The morning when we were getting ready to leave to go to Rockford for a state tumbling meet, we got a call and the waterpark was going to be closed for the weeken at the clock tower resort and that is why I chose to stay there. We got there and they let us check in early was a big plus but has we walked around the arcade was also closed which was never told to us. Then our room only had two big towels and there was three of us in the room so my daughter had to use a hand towel to dry off from her shower. I really don't think that the hotel was ready for the number of people that was staying there this weekend, they couldn't keep the towels in the pool area that was open stocked, I really think that they should of had more staff members working this weekend.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
cori
"Bad Bad Bad"
Horrible horrible!!! hotel has not been updated in over 30 years booked the hotel for the waterpark, because it was closed down for renovation, I was there on a Thursday night but their advertisement on their Facebook page said they were closed Friday night, but they weren't open Thursday for us, no concessions were made to us for this horrible inconvenience . The lights in our bathroom were broken not just not working but physically broken plastic, it was just a mess from beginning to end I will never ever stay here again, really sad that I used my welcome rewards from hotels.com at this place when we couldn't even use the water park like we intended.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Kati
"DIsappointed in Clock Tower"
The Clock Tower Inn is very old. It's very obvious when walking around the hotel and in the bathrooms. The rooms were clean but damp and musty. If you want to use the waterpark make sure you have the waterpark package. They allow outside people to pay to use it so it is very crowded for a tiny little park. And it's only open until 9pm on Saturday night which was very distressing to us since our kids played in a soccer tournament and didn't have the day to spend in the waterpark. Once the waterpark closes everyone flocks to the pool which is open until 10pm. It was insane even for our 11 & 12 year old kids. They wanted nothing to do with it. And note that the time listed in the room books is for the pool, not the waterpark. We made the mistake of thinking they were the same thing.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Avoid this place"
This place has not been updated since it was built (I'm guessing around 1980). More importantly, they've clearly only been doing duct tape-type repairs. There were at least 5 things broken in my room and everyone I knew had the same experience. Its great fun to have the water park in the hotel, but you don't even get a discount. Stay across the street and go to the water park if you must. I will be surprised if this place is still in business in a year.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
steven
"Run down!!!!!"
The hotel needs a lot of maintance and general upkeep. Basically you would think the cost to stay in the hotel was like $20 dollars but it was a lot more than that. I was going to complain but everyone in line ahead of me were already complaining so I let it go. I would never ever stay there again.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Eddie
"water park only open on weekends!!!"
indoor pool is closed and the water resort is only open on the weekends!!!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Clock Tower Weekend"
Comfortable but needs upgrading. Hair dryer left a little to be desired
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015